HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 7 - Discussion

Go down 
+51
residentleet
VitalSigns
Mullet_Wesker
PAULSAMSON
Jamesy
VoyageTreader08
ToCool74
Revenant662
Ssplain
DivideByZero
DampRevil
weskydude
EQOAnostalgia
Pau Diaz
Shrike
halestride
Sundown31
02viperacr
Valentine Fan
gowett
AWDCP
The mastAH!
Sakura the zombie slayer
37 Narwhals
chrisredfield84
Minizue
GTMippey
RaviorStygian
MSR
Industrial Ridden
PWNERX
gucci13
Progenitor
will1234562
Spike991
Melissa_89
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Teh Black Cat
DeadlyGenetics
chrisredfielmusculo
kevdliu
00biohazard
RebelliousQueen
chocotricks
Ghost Leader
Nobudy
Venoym
White Rock
Mass Distraction
Methsia
Vandal
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

Playstation Network IceFireWarden
Steam : IceFireWarden

Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:47 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
Even if LeonxAda had some night that was hinted at in Damnation, what did it solve? What needs to happen for it to work? Or maybe they aren't meant to work.

And I meant oval office. No wait, actually I didn't.
Leon's final appearance will have him dying for Ada. I mean when you look at it, Leon defending "Ada" from Chris caused even more problems for Chris, Piers, and the real Ada. Come to think of it, Ada is the major reason 6's plot exists in the first place.

It's always about the chick...unless its anime. Then its about the robot chick.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AWeDontCareProduct/featured
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:54 pm

Honestly, if Leon is going to play a part in RE7, there should be a plot altering decision: Who dies? Leon or Ada? Also, I want to play as Barry. File's explaining important plot holes and what happened to the previous survivors that were long forgotten. The survival horror we all crave. Also, maybe even that secret Hunk scenario...
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 6:14 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Honestly, if Leon is going to play a part in RE7, there should be a plot altering decision: Who dies? Leon or Ada? Also, I want to play as Barry. File's explaining important plot holes and what happened to the previous survivors that were long forgotten. The survival horror we all crave. Also, maybe even that secret Hunk scenario...
Or better yet, have Barry kill Leon for defending Ada even though she's threatening his family to her organization. And then Kill Ada at the end.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 6:30 pm

Barry destroys world, unlocks Jill Sandwich. THE END. Conglaturations?
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 8:49 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Barry destroys world, unlocks Jill Sandwich. THE END. Conglaturations?
I can see this being an ending. A nice comedic ending of a new era of puns and sandwiches.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 7:39 am

It would be nice for Resident Evil to stop taking itself so seriously, butI don't think that would be an ideal way to end it all.
Back to top Go down
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 7:58 am

Vandal wrote:
It would be nice for Resident Evil to stop taking itself so seriously, butI don't think that would be an ideal way to end it all.

Everyone's Dead, Chris.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 12:21 pm

AWDCP wrote:
Vandal wrote:

Everyone's Dead, Chris.

This comment is kinda mean.

My name is Sue!
How do you do?!
Now you gonna DIE!
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 1:25 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

Sorry, I should've been more clear with what I meant. I wasn't saying RER fits because it bridges the gap between 4 and 5, I meant that it fits because it fills the gap between Umbrella's End (from Umbrella Chronicles) and RE5. Like I said, RE4 didn't really contribute to the overall story, it was more of a side story explaining the appearance of the plaga. I think of RER like I think of RE2 compared to RE1. A whole new setting a while after the previous game explaining some of the major details (in this case the establishment of B.S.A.A. and its early days) and doesn't relate to the previous title(s) all that much. So to say, it fits Chris and Jill's story and has a place in the main continuity while RE4 and RE6 are pretty irrelevent in the overall picture, like you agree on.

Come to think of it, Leon is pretty irrelevant in the series now that Krauser is dead and Sherry is free from the government lockdown. Sure he has the whole Ada deal going on (get a room already!) and something must be up with Manuela but still, there's not much going on for him within the overall story. They could at least have had Simmons survive from RE6 so that there'd be some bigger evil for him to fight instead of the cliche "terrorists there, send elite agent to dispose of" story. Not saying this because I'd dislike Leon though, he's still one of my favorite characters.

Kinda derailed the discussion with that but hey, it was a thought.
Okay, I got it! We're on the same page about how Revelations fits into the overall story!

I'm actually happy that you brought up Leon, because I feel the same way. While I do like Leon, he does feel irrelevant in a sense. Leon's appearances seem to deviate from the main story. His relationship with Ada is getting drawn out. Ada comes back, Leon chases her, she plays hard to get, Leon makes a desperate bid to reason with her, she doesn't listen, then she runs off. That's been their dynamic for every single project they've been in together. Their relationship has had no growth and development period. Like you said, Leon is pretty irrelevant and the only reason I believe he is still around is because he's Capcom's poster boy.
Back to top Go down
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 6:21 am

Teh Spike wrote:
AWDCP wrote:
Vandal wrote:

Everyone's Dead, Chris.

This comment is kinda mean.

My name is Sue!
How do you do?!
Now you gonna DIE!

??? Me no understand...
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 6:55 am

DampRevil wrote:
I'm actually happy that you brought up Leon, because I feel the same way. While I do like Leon, he does feel irrelevant in a sense. Leon's appearances seem to deviate from the main story. His relationship with Ada is getting drawn out. Ada comes back, Leon chases her, she plays hard to get, Leon makes a desperate bid to reason with her, she doesn't listen, then she runs off. That's been their dynamic for every single project they've been in together. Their relationship has had no growth and development period. Like you said, Leon is pretty irrelevant and the only reason I believe he is still around is because he's Capcom's poster boy.

I think their relationship, if you can call it that, has had SOME development behind the scenes. Remember what was said in Damnation? Still, I would much prefer to have some actual development on screen and have that part of the story done with or at least have it move on. It was cool the second time, kinda okay the third time but by the fourth time it starts to get waaaaay dragged out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 2:07 pm

I agree they have had some development, but mostly behind the scenes like you said. It's does feel dragged out and almost unnecessary now. This will be the pattern though until the last game. I think Capcom uses their relationship as a way to keep bringing Ada back. Despite her importance in the series, her making an appearance would seem too random without Leon showing up somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 4:13 am

Come to think of it, Leon has only appeared in one canon entry without Ada and that's Degeneration. The only game he has appeared in without Ada is not even canon, Gaiden.

In fact, I would love to see a game with Ada but not Leon. Now that would be a twist.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 7:06 am

You could say that one scenario in Umbrella Chronicles could be one. Then again, it was connected to Leon.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 7:36 am

Nobudy wrote:
You could say that one scenario in Umbrella Chronicles could be one. Then again, it was connected to Leon.

Death's Door? Oh yes indeed, you are correct. I really need to get back to playing UC and unlock everything I have left.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 11:22 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

Death's Door? Oh yes indeed, you are correct. I really need to get back to playing UC and unlock everything I have left.
That's going to be a while if you hadn't played UC for a while.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 11:46 am

Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

That's going to be a while if you hadn't played UC for a while.

I've been occupied with Darkside Chronicles. Which sucks, by the way. Don't worry, I'm way good at getting back to games as long as I haven't left them in the middle of a puzzle or a fetch quest or a dungeon. You should never do that.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 12:42 pm

@Mass, I sure hope you didnt just say that Darkside Chronicles sucks. o.O

There are some games that ive started and just couldnt get into enough to finish, like Arkham Asylum, Tomb Raider Anniversary, and that Undead Nightmare game, even though I like all those games.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 12:47 pm

Teh Spike wrote:
@Mass, I sure hope you didnt just say that Darkside Chronicles sucks. o.O

There are some games that ive started and just couldnt get into enough to finish, like Arkham Asylum, Tomb Raider Anniversary, and that Undead Nightmare game, even though I like all those games.
You got me at Arkham Asylum. I started it once, I didn't play it for weeks. Then I played it again just to finish it. I'm glad I only got it for 5 dollars.

@Mass: Agreed. What I hated about DC most was the shaky camera.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 1:33 pm

Someome pinch me. Surely nobudy finds DSC to be anything less than almost perfect.

Way improved from its predecessor, UC, in graphics, audio, presentation, VA(big time), extras... I mean the list goes on. Not to mention the fact tjat it actually has a very faithful and satisfying "remake"/retelling of some of the most enjoyable stories in RE, RE2 and CVX. And they did a fantastic job on all the characters, minus Alexia Ashford. PLUS, they also delve more into the Leon/Krauser relationship. It was pretty awesome playing with those 2 teamed up, years before their battle to the death in RE4. If DSC wasnt a railshooter, I think itd be perfection.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 1:34 pm

Nobudy wrote:
@Mass: Agreed. What I hated about DC most was the shaky camera.

Yes! Exactly this. It's like playing as a drunken man swinging from side to side and running almost sideways at times. Either that or one of those bobble head things you put on your dashboard in your car. I don't understand why they took away the ability to slightly move the camera that was in UC either. Now it's almost impossible to hit things if they go even slightly off screen. The money system is also waaaay too grind heavy. After going through over half of the game I've managed to buy like three upgrades overall. Everything I liked about UC seems to be absent from DC.

Sure, there's more content and it's prettier, but the gameplay is guff.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 1:43 pm

Oh come on Mass. You could only afford 3 things with your points? Massive exaggeration. But maybe you should have shot more stuff while playing through and complaining about a shaky camera. :/ And to be honest, I didnt have any trouble taking pretty much every zombie's head clean off. Idk if im a crack shot marksman or what, but it also might help if you hold your Wiimote/Ps3 Move-thing extra steady. It reallu helps, easy does it.

And when I praise DSC, I also mean the gameplay, twas good, but I primarily mean the overall story. They did such a damn good job on that part. DSC has some of the best cutscenes!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 1:54 pm

Oh, shooting things to find hidden items is another thing. In UC you could destroy almost everything that you saw. In DC you are very limited in what you can and cannot break, which discourages shooting things, for shooting indestructible pottery in hopes of finding something lowers your hit ratio and thus lowers your score. I'm not gonna grind through every level to learn what breaks and what doesn't. And there's still no reason for the existence of the shaky camera. Even if I was exhausted from running I don't start swinging my head from side to side.

Also, I can headshot almost everything with ease in UC and I'm using a controller. DC just makes things extra obnoxious and I'm not shelling out money for Move controllers just for one game I don't really even like.

As far as story goes, I don't really care for Krauser. Like, at all. So that part is kind of lost on me. I much prefer the Russian missions from UC.

Definitely in my bottom three, just before Survivor 2 and Missions.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 1:19 pm

You know what? An enlightening conversation between a friend of mine made me realize why Resident Evil 6 had a bad story and Resident Evil: Revelations had a good story--by comparison--despite the number of characters in each game.

Revelations had two main characters, Jill and Chris. Then they had a supporting cast, some of which you take command over. In Resident Evil 6, you have 7 main characters all fighting for the spot light, and Capcom explains how the game is a Leon game even though Jake is more important and Chris is more interesting.

There's nothing wrong with a large cast of characters, X-Men does a good job with that, but we know that we have only a few main characters with one main antagonist that everyone works together to bring down. In Resident Evil 6 everyone was sort of bukkaked all over the script.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 1:26 pm

Vandal wrote:
You know what? An enlightening conversation between a friend of mine made me realize why Resident Evil 6 had a bad story and Resident Evil: Revelations had a good story--by comparison--despite the number of characters in each game.

Revelations had two main characters, Jill and Chris. Then they had a supporting cast, some of which you take command over. In Resident Evil 6, you have 7 main characters all fighting for the spot light, and Capcom explains how the game is a Leon game even though Jake is more important and Chris is more interesting.

There's nothing wrong with a large cast of characters, X-Men does a good job with that, but we know that we have only a few main characters with one main antagonist that everyone works together to bring down. In Resident Evil 6 everyone was sort of bukkaked all over the script.
To also add why 6's story isn't as good, Leon as a character had no real character relevance. You could almost replace Leon with some other character had it not been for the Leon/Chris/Sherry/Ada moments.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 7 - Discussion
Page 18 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next