HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?

Go down 
+5
Mass Distraction
weskersbarber
Jamesy
NiteKrawler
ChrisSherry
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 9:16 am

If Leon dies, it's not canon. At least not the missions leading to that ending. Well, at least we can have fun with this if it's completely non canon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:00 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
If Leon dies, it's not canon. At least not the missions leading to that ending. Well, at least we can have fun with this if it's completely non canon Very Happy

I think the game is going to be canon, but have things you can do, for fun. Just giving us options, like in RE1, having Chris survive alone isn't canon, but RE1 is.
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:59 am

i would like leon to die at future RE's that would be nice... kill him in damnation

lol! lol! kidding
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:03 am

ace.redfield wrote:
i would like leon to die at future RE's that would be nice... kill him in damnation

lol! lol! kidding

All jokes aside, they really should kill off some, or at least one main character, it would make everything seem that much more real. You know what I mean? Nobody is safe, just because you are one of the main characters, Chris, Jill, Claire, Leon, doesn't mean you are going to be there at the end of the game.

I initially was shocked when we first heard that Jill was dead, and I started to like the idea, simply because of what I said above this paragraph.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:10 am

Too bad I spoiled the Jill not being dead part for myself... Now it's decided! I will not look anything up on the net about RE6 until I've played the game.

Funny thing, I've actually kept myself pretty much oblivious to the story of CV (although I know the main stuff). The HD version I'll be getting is sure to blow my mind.

You know what I hated? Carlos dying in Extinction.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:13 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Too bad I spoiled the Jill not being dead part for myself... Now it's decided! I will not look anything up on the net about RE6 until I've played the game.

Funny thing, I've actually kept myself pretty much oblivious to the story of CV (although I know the main stuff). The HD version I'll be getting is sure to blow my mind.

Same here, Jill dying, Jill being bird lady, Spencer, Wesker eating RPG's, etc....I didn't leave a while bunch to my first run.

I actually liked Carlos in the movie, he got bit by...was it Mike Epps? The guy with two golden Desert Eagles.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:16 am

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Same here, Jill dying, Jill being bird lady, Spencer, Wesker eating RPG's, etc....I didn't leave a while bunch to my first run.

I actually liked Carlos in the movie, he got bit by...was it Mike Epps? The guy with two golden Desert Eagles.
He was cool for sure, and he's my favorite RE character anyway. Him dying like that just felt... stupid. Although, he might be better off dead as the movies are not going into a very good direction Very Happy At least not in my opinion. Hope we'll see him in a future RE.

Btw. I never knew how RE5 was gonna end, that took me by surprise Razz
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:20 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
He was cool for sure, and he's my favorite RE character anyway. Him dying like that just felt... stupid. Although, he might be better off dead as the movies are not going into a very good direction Very Happy At least not in my opinion. Hope we'll see him in a future RE.

Btw. I never knew how RE5 was gonna end, that took me by surprise Razz

You mean Wesker dying, or the volcano, or what?

I hope they incorporate certain cool things from Carlos, movie version, to the underdeveloped video game version.(In how he's really only had that one small role, and deserves to show up again.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:43 am

I think by reboot they are meaning trying to meet RE4 and 5 fans and the oldskool fans in the middle
Like you know, get it back to its roots but throw a bit more action in as well
Or it will just go straight back to the roots and the Oldskooler's like me will rejoice cheers
Hopefully if they are going to reboot some elements then they will make the right choice Very Happy
I still dont want them to reboot in ORC style for RE6 because the game looks really fun and I will be definetly picking it up at midnight on release, but I think that style will be new and good fun to play *ONLY AS A SPIN OFF THOUGH*
No doubt if the sales for ORC goes through the roof then Capcom as always will see this style as a cash cow and milk it Crying or Very sad
Hopefully they have seen sense though after trying to milk the style of RE4 and making a arse of it in RE5
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 12:08 pm

I think I remembered reading that it was going to be a complete reboot of everything.

I remember the person saying that they didn't know if it was going to be survival horror, or a shooter....

Somewhere in between probably won't be too bad. Of course keeping in mind that RE4 isn't a 'shooter', it's survival horror, with some action too.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 12:34 pm

Spike991 wrote:
I think I remembered reading that it was going to be a complete reboot of everything.

I remember the person saying that they didn't know if it was going to be survival horror, or a shooter....

Somewhere in between probably won't be too bad. Of course keeping in mind that RE4 isn't a 'shooter', it's survival horror, with some action too.

Hhmm a shooter (like every single game that comes out ) will completelly destroy Resident evil.
I will officially end my RE playing career if it was ever announced Sad

Somewhere in between but a little bit better than RE4, like I said at least go back and put some oldskool elements into the game or in turn make a old style and a new style of each game that comes out like maybe a two disc edition for both fans to enjoy and up the price a little bit, that would be sweet and would resolve issues that both sets of RE have had since RE4 lol
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 12:40 pm

Mcghie wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Hhmm a shooter (like every single game that comes out ) will completelly destroy Resident evil.

Somewhere in between but a little bit better than RE4, like I said at least go back and put some oldskool elements into the game or in turn make a old style and a new style of each game that comes out like maybe a two disc edition for both fans to enjoy and up the price a little bit, that would be sweet and would resolve issues that both sets of RE have had since RE4 lol

Yeah, some elements were taken out, that had no business being taken out. Typewriters? What genius decided to remove those?

I don't think there have really been any issues since RE4, certainly not with RE4. Games after are the ones I have had problems with, up to RE4 though, I always had a joyful time, with few complaints.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 12:57 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Mcghie wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Yeah, some elements were taken out, that had no business being taken out. Typewriters? What genius decided to remove those?

I don't think there have really been any issues since RE4, certainly not with RE4. Games after are the ones I have had problems with, up to RE4 though, I always had a joyful time, with few complaints.

Yeah I know, typewriters were iconic lol
Yeah I know I enjoy RE4 even though I am not up in arms about it like everyone else and I do wail on it a lot but that's because I am stuck in '98 and dont like change of my childhood memories Razz
I didn't mind the chronicles that much, Although they weren't great I still enjoyed them a great deal , but then again I liked railgun style of resident evil especially the community hated RE survivor lol
Also I used to spend my chilhood in arcades playing Houe of the dead, Time crisis and all the other railgun shooters I think thats Why I enjoy rail gameplay Smile
on another note does anyone remember when Tekken was on arcade Razz ?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:00 pm

Mcghie wrote:
or in turn make a old style and a new style of each game that comes out like maybe a two disc edition for both fans to enjoy and up the price a little bit, that would be sweet and would resolve issues that both sets of RE have had since RE4 lol
That would cost way too much for Capcom to even think about it.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:08 pm

Mcghie wrote:
Yeah I know, typewriters were iconic lol
Yeah I know I enjoy RE4 even though I am not up in arms about it like everyone else and I do wail on it a lot but that's because I am stuck in '98 and dont like change of my childhood memories Razz
I didn't mind the chronicles that much, Although they weren't great I still enjoyed them a great deal , but then again I liked railgun style of resident evil especially the community hated RE survivor lol
Also I used to spend my chilhood in arcades playing Houe of the dead, Time crisis and all the other railgun shooters I think thats Why I enjoy rail gameplay Smile
on another note does anyone remember when Tekken was on arcade Razz ?

Typewriters were symbolic....taking them out was just....well unnecessary. I hope we always have to aim to shoot too, no hip fire like CoD or anything. Also, while walking while aiming isn't a big deal, it's going to be in RER, running is a bit much.

I remember Tekken in Arcades, I used to use Hwoerang, or however it was spelled. He had red/orangish hair and liked to kick.
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:27 pm

haha.... hoarang used to be my fave character
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:32 pm

ace.redfield wrote:
haha.... hoarang used to be my fave character

Karate gear or army gear?
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:57 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mcghie wrote:
or in turn make a old style and a new style of each game that comes out like maybe a two disc edition for both fans to enjoy and up the price a little bit, that would be sweet and would resolve issues that both sets of RE have had since RE4 lol
That would cost way too much for Capcom to even think about it.

Not so much because they could price it at the same price as a limited edition game price like instead of lets say £40 it would be priced £50, kind of like that and the revenue they would get back would be unbelievable Smile
Although if you were meaning production cost, then yes it possible would be a big budget they would need to have and a big risk if they were going to do something like this, because I looking at capcom's past I know they like to scrap a lot of their work.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:03 pm

Mcghie wrote:
looking at capcom's past I know they like to scrap a lot of their work.

You're telling me. I hate it too. Leon having the knife holster on his chest in DSC, ORC, Degeneration in flashbacks and all, simply because he had it on his RPD alternate attire for RE4, lame, lazy, cheap, etc.

Same can be said for Ada's Mercs outfit being used for her Raccoon stuff, like in UC & DSC. HUNK's standard USF weapon changed from MP5 to TMP cuz that's what he used in RE4 Mercs....horrible.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:12 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Mcghie wrote:
looking at capcom's past I know they like to scrap a lot of their work.

You're telling me. I hate it too. Leon having the knife holster on his chest in DSC, ORC, Degeneration in flashbacks and all, simply because he had it on his RPD alternate attire for RE4, lame, lazy, cheap, etc.

Same can be said for Ada's Mercs outfit being used for her Raccoon stuff, like in UC & DSC. HUNK's standard USF weapon changed from MP5 to TMP cuz that's what he used in RE4 Mercs....horrible.

Yeah I know I liked the knife holster being on his leg like in the RE1.5 Beta, think that looks pretty cool Razz

and to answer you question about tekken I also used Hwoerangc a lot because he was unstoppable with his kicks lol
Also I liked his army look the best, although his white and blue karate uniform was pretty smart as well
Also liked eddie gordo because as soon as he started breaking then you could never get a hit in LOL

My favourite tekken on the arcade was of coarse tekken 2 but, hold a lot of sentimental value like RE
most games do for me back then because that was gaming's golden era Smile
I miss it Sad
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:54 pm

@spike.. i think it was the army gear...

it was tekken 4 i first played then played 5 then i stopped... didn't really liked games like that.. i only played those if my friends wanna play
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 4:54 pm

ace.redfield wrote:
@spike.. i think it was the army gear...

it was tekken 4 i first played then played 5 then i stopped... didn't really liked games like that.. i only played those if my friends wanna play

I don't remember which ones I played. Probably all at least once. I know 3 & Tag, as well as 4 and just a bit of 5.

They were fun, though I'm probably more of a Soul Caliber fan, especially SC2 on GC.

Oh, and I used his karate gear. Yunsung from SC2 reminded me of Howerang.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 5:13 pm

I loved tekken but I was more of a street fighter and marvel vs capcom fan
Also Mugen's good as well Smile
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 5:17 pm

Mcghie wrote:

I used to have a couple of SF's on SNES, and I had MvC2 on DC....honestly, I didn't, or rather I don't at this point, find their gameplay, the combat very good. I mean it's perhaps too complicated.

I think Mortal Kombat(speaking of I'd like to get that latest one(and what are they doing to Reptile, he's different in every game)) is really great, SC, Tekken...just to name a few. Wrestling games too.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 6:06 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

I used to have a couple of SF's on SNES, and I had MvC2 on DC....honestly, I didn't, or rather I don't at this point, find their gameplay, the combat very good. I mean it's perhaps too complicated.

I think Mortal Kombat(speaking of I'd like to get that latest one(and what are they doing to Reptile, he's different in every game)) is really great, SC, Tekken...just to name a few. Wrestling games too.

Yeah SNES SF's were the best along with MvC2 on the DC I think that was the best one had such good graphics Smile
My god I should be ashamed I forgot MK Embarassed
Yeah I know lol
I am very hyped about the new MK it looks fantastic Razz
Also yeah SF was like that it had complex combo's and fighting controls
Thats what made it good and challenging and when you mastered it's truly worth it Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next