HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?

Go down 
+5
Mass Distraction
weskersbarber
Jamesy
NiteKrawler
ChrisSherry
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 12:32 pm

I'm really hoping that all the rumors that has been going around since after the release of Resident Evil 5 are false. if they reboot the series it won't even be Resident Evil anymore. Why reboot something as epic as Resident Evil in the first place? Resident Evil has been going strong for 15 years...
I'd rather them just make an actual sequel. that's what I want.
(Off topic) But, they are doing the something to the Devil May Cry series, it's totally lame.
true, if a reboot happened to 'RE', the game could be fun. But, Like I said, It would no longer be Resident Evil, at least to me.

(I've read something that was from 2010, that they might Reboot the 'gameplay', even though I think the gameplay is just fine and fun. I rather it be that, then the whole storyline.)

anyone agree?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 2:16 pm

I've always said that rebooting is not necessary yet. I'm not even sure you can call the new DMC a reboot. I mean...it's basically the same thing as it has its own story. To me, a reboot is an extreme remake of a series. Not just changing it a bit. Like RE4 was not a reboot to me.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 3:12 pm

I think maybe we are taking the reboot statement from capcom a bit too literally.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 5:10 pm

What kind of reboot are you talking about? reboot as in competely changing the gameplay and bringing in new characters but its still apart of the RE storyline/Canon or a complete reboot from the start?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 5:33 am

I'm still thinking that Operation Raccoon is the so called "reboot".
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 7:04 am

@NiteKrawler
I've only seen one DMC (Reboot). and yeah, it is pretty much the same
thing over again... Which is even more stupid, seriously, what is the
point?
I agree, I mean RE4 rebooted the gameplay part, and I'm
perfectly fine with that. but, the way rumors are saying it,
sounds like they are rebooting the whole storyline,
like a new fresh start.

@Jamesy Maybe, for now, since we don't know for sure what is going to happen.

@weskersbarber Mostly "Whole new storyline" a fresh start kind of thing. What
there was something about maybe they just mean a reboot of the gameplay.

@Mass Distraction, Maybe. but, I'm thinking it's just another add on to the RE2 story.

Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 7:32 am

they could just mean the gameplay will be nothing like re4 and re5?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 8:21 am

The newest DMC is not actually a reboot, it's a prequel.

I hope it's not just an addition to the RE2 story, but to any RE taken place in Raccoon (as there will be more survivors to kill/protect). Besides, I wouldn't call it an addition to the story as it's mostly non canon.
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:12 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
The newest DMC is not actually a reboot, it's a prequel.

I hope it's not just an addition to the RE2 story, but to any RE taken place in Raccoon (as there will be more survivors to kill/protect). Besides, I wouldn't call it an addition to the story as it's mostly non canon.

Ok your right... I just looked it up again... It's been a while since I have. because last time I heard people where saying it was a Reboot. Dante looks WAY different. it's also not a Capcom game now Sad
Thank you for clearing that up for me Smile I'm happy it's not a reboot.

Anyways, I think it could be a canon RE2 addition, it's a huge possibility. It could be Leon's short travel to the police station, before meeting up with Claire again?
I mean with Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles they added new small stories.

Operation Javier/Darkness Falls/Raccoon's Destruction/Dark Legacy 1 & 2, Death's Door, Fourth Survivor, Nightmare 1 & 2, Rebirth 1 & 2.

I think Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City could be or is, the about Hunk and is team, around the time they tried to steal the G-Virus, meeting up to the around the time Leon and Claire are separated by the car wreck/explosion.
and as it shows in the end of the RE: ORC trailer, it's (Who I'm pretty is Hunk walking up Leon, whom is leaning up against one of the statues outside the police station. I'm think Hunk is covering for Leon, saying that he was 'terminated' or whatever, when he wasn't. or It could just be a non-canon game, which hasn't really happened before when it involves main characters. guess we will find out this year huh?

I'm still hoping there is a real Resident Evil 6 announcement at the upcoming E3. and that it will be a true sequel to the main storyline. *Crosses fingers*
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:21 am

Yeah, he looks really different. Apparently that's how he looked when he was a teenager. Oh boy, has he gone through a change xD

At least some of it isn't canon as one of your missions will be assassinating Leon (and other unannounced characters). The guy walking up to Leon in the end is Vector, btw. Also, they're not HUNK's team.
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:27 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Yeah, he looks really different. Apparently that's how he looked when he was a teenager. Oh boy, has he gone through a change xD

At least some of it isn't canon as one of your missions will be assassinating Leon (and other unannounced characters). The guy walking up to Leon in the end is Vector, btw. Also, they're not HUNK's team.

I knew he dyed his hair!! cheers JK

Ahh, I see. I didn't know, I just found out about the game a few days ago.
I'm not all the way caught up Crying or Very sad
Maybe it really is just a non-canon game? scratch
I does say on Wiki that one of the characters causes the death of Leon. (For some reason, I'm think it's that character is going to be Vector.) obviously if the game is canon, that ending isn't the canon one lol
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:45 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
I've always said that rebooting is not necessary yet. I'm not even sure you can call the new DMC a reboot. I mean...it's basically the same thing as it has its own story. To me, a reboot is an extreme remake of a series. Not just changing it a bit. Like RE4 was not a reboot to me.

Right, I wouldn't consider RE4 a reboot either.

What is though? I consider Batman Begins, that latest Friday The 13th....actually any succesful horror film franchise seems to be getting a reboot, whether it's good or not. Speaking of, Scream 4 just came out.

Does Capcom mean they are rebooting everything, from the beginning, or starting from a new spot....
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:56 am

@ChrisSherry: Maybe we'll get something canon out of it, who knows Very Happy And that's what I've been thinking, we already know one ending that isn't canon. Weird that they kinda gave that up already... The game must have some serious shit in it to top that.

@Spike: I hope the latter.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:01 am

I think they should make RE games more like the Silent Hill games in the futre. I love Silent Hill Smile

A reboot is not always a great thing though cause i disliked Batman Begins and the Dark Knight but i enjoyed batman forever a lot more.

OMG you don't seriously think by full reboot capcom means there going to forget RE4 and RE5 ever actaully happened Evil or Very Mad
That is just silly and moronic and capcom would lose credibilty if they did that.......

Last edited by Jamesy on Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:08 am

@Spike991
When they say reboot for RE4, I think they meant the gameplay part.
It's way different from the previous games.

True. Can they come up with new ideas? though alot of the remakes
are pretty good. like I think Friday the 13th (remake) is a tons
better then the others. I want to see Scream 4 badly.

That's what I don't know... The way the rumors/what not, are saying
they are rebooting 'everything, from the beginning'. then I read somewhere
from last year, that they are rebooting the gameplay again, like they
did for RE4 and RE5. but there is alot more talks about a reboot of
everything. Resident Evil is something you can't REBOOT.

@Mass Distraction
We can hope right?
I know! I mean come on! haha, What is Leon a super amazing Zombie in
RE4 and RE:D? and we didn't know? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:28 am

I don't know if there are any more directions the gameplay could go while not being an FPS... Oh God forbid...

ORC is already so confusing Very Happy

Btw. I preferred the Halloween Remake to Friday the 13th. even though I'm a fan of the latter.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:38 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I don't know if there are any more directions the gameplay could go while not being an FPS... Oh God forbid...

ORC is already so confusing Very Happy

Btw. I preferred the Halloween Remake to Friday the 13th. even though I'm a fan of the latter.

I didn't like Rob Zombie's take on that film...

If they made a legitimate RE FPS...done right, could be fun, but I'd rather have it as a spin-off, not part of the main series.

RE has already established spin-off's as ways of testing new things for RE, multiplayer(Outbreak), FPS mode(Survivor), rail-shooter(Chronicles), handheld(Gaiden), and I'm sure more to come.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:08 pm

Tactical, rpg, card based... the list goes on Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 3:05 pm

Seriously guys, can I have some time to catch the hell up here? Razz Anyway, Mass has already said that this team is not HUNK's team but I will specify as to why. The whole reason the Raccoon City outbreak occurred was because HUNK's team was attacked by Birkin who destroyed vials of the T and G-Virus, releasing it into the sewers, contaminating the water. Apparently, the survivors during the outbreak never drank the city's water? lol. But when they were attacked, his whole team died except for him. This was just before the outbreak. Soooo...yeah. It can't be his team. I'm kind of hoping this whole game is noncanon and just for fun. Even if it isn't, I think I'm going to treat it that way.

@Jamesy: Seriously. Get better taste in movies. Now.

I've seen Scream 4. It's ok. I didn't get into the older ones either though.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 5:56 pm

I thought the new batman films are boring esspecially the Dark Knight.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 7:06 pm

That's because you have ADD Jamesy. Razz
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 9:22 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
That's because you have ADD Jamesy. Razz

oh that's funny Laughing ...and bitter
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 5:06 am

Jamesy wrote:
I thought the new batman films are boring esspecially the Dark Knight.

So you must prefer the Robin and Mr Freeze films then.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 6:32 am

Well yeah
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 7:50 am

@Jamesy
If they made it more like Silent Hill, It wouldn't be
RE. lol

@Mass Distraction
Who knows haha

Agreed!

I like the Halloween remakes, but, I still perfer the original halloween
series. Smile

@Spike991
True, however, the made them connected to the main storyline.

Survivor, Ark was sent on that mission by Leon.

Chronicles, falls the main storyline, and they added to the main storyline.
(Operation Javier/Darkness Falls/Raccoon's Destruction/Dark Legacy 1 & 2, Death's Door, Fourth Survivor, Nightmare 1 & 2, Rebirth 1 & 2.)

Outbreak has some canon stuff in it. (I don't know a whole lot about them, I haven't beat them lol)

Gaiden Yupp, that one is non-canon.

@NiteKrawler True. It would be cool if Hunk made a cameo though.
I rather it be a canon game, because I mean, what is
the point of a non-canon game? lol

The game just needs to come out already so we can just find out!! cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?   Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...? Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 6 to be a Reboot...?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next