HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)

Go down 
+16
AWDCP
02viperacr
RebelliousQueen
Valentine Fan
Mass Distraction
ChrisSherry
ChrisRedfieldRE156
White Rock
Progenitor
37 Narwhals
chrisredfield84
chocotricks
MSR
RaviorStygian
will1234562
Vandal
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:02 am

Quote :
Resident Evil developer Capcom has said that there is a possibility of a reboot for its 17-year-old survival-horror-turned-action-horror franchise.

Capcom's Masachika Kawata, producer of Resident Evil: Revelations, made the comments to Eurogamer during a discussion of his latest project, the Revelations remake for PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii U.

Questioned on the likelihood of changes to the series after middling reviews of Resident Evil 6 and the suggestion of a more open-world approach, Kawata mentioned the possibility of a reboot.

"If we did [go with an open-world], we would want to preserve what Resident Evil is and what makes it appealing to fans, while also making it accessible to new players. It would almost entail having a slight reboot to get the series into a place where it would work with open-world gameplay. That's just a personal opinion.

Read the full article here.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-31-capcom-there-is-a-possibility-of-resident-evil-series-reboot
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:22 pm

Every time someone says the word "reboot", I remember DMC's reboot...that didn't end very well.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:35 pm

will1234562 wrote:
Every time someone says the word "reboot", I remember DMC's reboot...that didn't end very well.
Except that game, in the end, was received pretty well once it was released.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:34 pm

Can't you post the article here?

Child's Play is also getting a reboot. Expect it around Halloween 2013! Brad Dourif is still Chucky!
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 3:27 pm

I did post the full article. In the link. All you do have to do is click on it.

And I also really want to play the DMC reboot. I've been itching to get my hand on it.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 4:56 pm

Mercy wrote:
And I also really want to play the DMC reboot. I've been itching to get my hand on it.
As have I. The combat looks so fun!
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:51 pm

DMC fan boys....uhhhhh.

The new DMC looks great, and holy shit CHILDS PLAY I must go see it.

What kind of reboot are we talking here though, Story and all? or gameplay wise
Back to top Go down
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:58 pm

Wow, they are considering a open-world game. Though not giving significant thought.

Quote :
"If anyone is waiting for an open-world Resident Evil, I think it will certainly be quite a while," he continued. "So in the meantime, I recommend giving Revelations a try."

Resident evil open world thread
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:56 pm

Not really interested RE turning into an open-world series, maybe as a spin off. How about instead of choosing between "open-world" and "almost as linear as a rail-shooter," we get a "somewhat linear game, but with plenty of freedom and incentive to explore," you know, in order to "preserve what Resident Evil [was] and what [made] it appealing to fans."
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:52 am

chocotricks wrote:
and holy shit CHILDS PLAY I must go see it.

What kind of reboot are we talking here though, Story and all? or gameplay wise

It's supposed to be going back to straight horror, instead of the horror/comedy that Bride and Seed of Chucky were.

Kind of funny, games that are horror and films that are horror tend to stray a tad. Be it, Horror/Action or Horror/Comedy. Razz

37 Narwhals wrote:
Not really interested RE turning into an open-world series, maybe as a spin off. How about instead of choosing between "open-world" and "almost as linear as a rail-shooter," we get a "somewhat linear game, but with plenty of freedom and incentive to explore," you know, in order to "preserve what Resident Evil [was] and what [made] it appealing to fans."

I've spoke about this before. I am interested in having something open-world-like. Playing GTA and especially the Red Dead Redemption's Undead Nightmare made it seem like a really cool idea.

Perhaps it should be spin-off. Maybe an Outbreak File#3 or a new ORC game can take on the open-world sandbox style for Raccoon City. Being able to travel from Jill's apartment, to RPD, to the University, to the Hospital, to the Apple Inn, to the Park, to the Clock Tower, and then go back and see J's Bar and the streets of Raccoon's Updown/Downtown, then end up at Kendo's Gun Shop and grab an Uzi. Come on, that would be badass. Fucking A!
Back to top Go down
Progenitor
Cerberus
Cerberus
Progenitor

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:26 am

Spike Reaver wrote:

Child's Play is also getting a reboot. Expect it around Halloween 2013! Brad Dourif is still Chucky!

Man, every horror movie is getting a reboot this year.

Evil Dead and Carrie are also getting reboots
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:35 am

Progenitor wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:

Man, every horror movie is getting a reboot this year.

Evil Dead and Carrie are also getting reboots

Wow...I didn't know that.

I wonder who is going to play Ash in Evil Dead?

Speaking of, I would like an RE game, that gives the protagonist a double-barrel shotgun, like Ash used in Evil Dead. His Boomstick. Smile I'm not talking about the Hydra or Drake either, I mean an actual double-barreled shotgun.

I just hope they do a good job. I've seen some crappy remakes. I can't believe I bought the Nightmare On Elm Street reboot/remake. I don't like it much.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:55 am

Actually not sure if Ash is in the movie. The IMDB doesn't have his character listed. Though I think Bruce Campbell will make a cameo.

At any rate, Open World Resident Evil may work depending on how it's done. Like Narwhals said; if it's a mixture of open world and linear, we may get what we want. Think Resident Evil 2 and 3 instead of 4 and 5.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:37 am

Capcom shouldn't reboot the series yet. There's more they could do with the series and we don't know what happened to Rebecca, Barry or that, but now it's like they don't care. So much for bringing back the horror. Do they really need to 'reboot' the WHOLE franchise to do it? However, this is Capcom after all. They're full of bullshit and they just make games for the money now. Don't believe what they say. They know people will jump on the wagon and buy all the Special Edition releases to get a "complete" collection. It's all lies.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:19 am

White Rock wrote:
Capcom shouldn't reboot the series yet. There's more they could do with the series and we don't know what happened to Rebecca, Barry or that, but now it's like they don't care. So much for bringing back the horror. Do they really need to 'reboot' the WHOLE franchise to do it? However, this is Capcom after all. They're full of bullshit and they just make games for the money now. Don't believe what they say. They know people will jump on the wagon and buy all the Special Edition releases to get a "complete" collection. It's all lies.
Yeah,I'd prefer for Capcom to focus on the new RE games,instead remaking the old ones.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 5:00 pm

To be fair, every company is out to make money. If they don't make something that sells publishes won't back the projects. If Capcom feels that the series reboot with make the most popular horror franchise sell again, then by all means. If they feel like they can improve on the material they already have and make an impressive return, then a reboot isn't necessary.

Personally, they need to step back and see why Resident Evil is hot crap, because they obviously don't know how to make a good Resident Evil anymore.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 1:12 am

Massive signature sizes expanding the boards. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:55 am

You must have an awefully tiny monitor.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 10:25 am

I know exactly what Capcom's problem is and you said it yourself Mercy. They are out to make money, and because of that they look at how Resident Evil can make them money instead of how Resident evil can make them money. If they were not so hard up on making a billion dollars, maybe theyd try to make an original game. Money ruins developers~
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 2:18 pm

chocotricks wrote:
I know exactly what Capcom's problem is and you said it yourself Mercy. They are out to make money, and because of that they look at how Resident Evil can make them money instead of how Resident evil can make them money. If they were not so hard up on making a billion dollars, maybe theyd try to make an original game. Money ruins developers~

Wait hold on… I'm trying to figure out what you're saying exactly. They need to make a profit, so why would they not try to make something that sells well? Money pays developers. That's every company's incentive. They need cashflow, how does it ruin them exactly?
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 6:32 pm

Believe me Mercy half way through writing that, I got really lazy and I was like this doesn't even make sense anymore. BUT I WAS LIKE I CAME THIS FAR IM POSTING IT lol
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 7:39 pm

chocotricks wrote:

As I always say, a franchise is at its best when it isn't a franchise. I've nothing against sequels. Like a few sequels isn't bad. But when they milk the damn thing for all it is worth, that's when it ends up being a bit of a commercial and critical letdown. Look at Silent Hill now that Team Silent aren't involved. Look at how a gazillion other horror franchises ended up, both from the movie business and the gaming industry. There's even a Hellraiser movie without Doug Bradley nowadays. Seriously! It just goes to show anyone with half a brain can just make a sequel that they know people will pay to see because it's got the very name on it that they need to sell it.

Now they're talking of rebooting the Resident Evil series. Gee, Capcom. Thanks for that. We wanted to stick by the series until the big finale. At least give us that big send off first before going back to the roots. Basketball
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 8:39 pm

Quote :
Now they're talking of rebooting the Resident Evil series. Gee, Capcom. Thanks for that. We wanted to stick by the series until the big finale. At least give us that big send off first before going back to the roots. Basketball

Tell me about it if they do plan to reboot I hope they at least end it~

The DMC reboot didn't bother me cause lets face it DMC story was all over the place anyway. So hopefully this will give it a chance to be done right. RE though actually has a story going on.....so they best cue it up
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 8:54 pm

I thought by "reboot" they were talking about changing the fundamentals of the gameplay, not resetting the canon. Wasn't RE6 considered a reboot by CAPCOM?
Back to top Go down
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 9:26 pm

Mercy wrote:
Personally, they need to step back and see why Resident Evil is hot crap, because they obviously don't know how to make a good Resident Evil anymore.

Revelations is considered to be a successful RE title. So they do know how to make a good RE game(though i find RE 6 to be a good game but is not considered as such by RE skeptics).

I think the issue is which hardware is suitable for a RE game that can go by the roots. Consoles have more potential than hand helds. So RE game on console would be like RE 6(Larger than life characters and action(i don't think action is over the top in RE 6)). Ofcourse, console games can run hand held games but is not possible when the case is reversed. The problem is with giving a good resident evil game on consoles with high potential that may not satisfy the roots of RE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)   Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News) Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil: The Reboot We've Been Waiting For? (Revelations News)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next