Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

jill's lockpick.... and barry

Go down 
+3
chocotricks
Mass Distraction
ace.redfield
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

jill's lockpick.... and barry Empty
PostSubject: jill's lockpick.... and barry   jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 3:01 pm

I was thinking about this a couple of times, and i ask myself....
could the lockpick on jill's desk the one she has on the mansion incident?
and why does barry have the lockpick along with him in the mansion incident?

.......the scene in the mansion lobby could have been this way...
barry: jill you might need your lockpick along the way, since you are the master of unlocking...

instead of....
barry: you might need this lockpick since you are the master of unlocking...

i was also thinking that the lockpick barry has was already jill's, since she is the master of unlocking, then it's her duty to have a lockpick with her all the time, but why the hell does barry have it?? barry might have been obsessed with jill...
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: jill's lockpick.... and barry   jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 4:28 am

In the novels Jill's expertise in lock picking is explained like this: She was the daughter of a cat burglar named Dick Valentine and was formerly his accomplice. This, though, is non canon as Perry just added it for storyline purposes.

Maybe Barry just had a lockpick in his survival kit and Jill was known for her knack of unlocking things. After they had arrived to the mansion Barry assumed Jill needed the thing more than he did.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: jill's lockpick.... and barry   jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 1:52 pm

Phew that was a close one. You were almost a..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

........Jill sandwhich.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: jill's lockpick.... and barry   jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 3:45 pm

lolz ^ Anyway, I think Barry was too obsessed with his gun to be obsessed with Jill.
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: jill's lockpick.... and barry   jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 3:44 pm

chocotricks wrote:
Phew that was a close one. You were almost a.....

........Jill sandwhich.

haha still loved that... and i'm still having a hard time getting over it... even avoid getting the jill sandwich controversy here.. lol!

@nitecrawler..
--- yeah, barry was just a twisted old man with desires XD
Back to top Go down
Deagle50
Zombie
Zombie
Deagle50

PostSubject: Re: jill's lockpick.... and barry   jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 9:43 am

I think it said somewhere in the novel that Barry was trying to learn how to pick locks.I don't exactly remember though.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: jill's lockpick.... and barry   jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 10:22 am

Deagle50 wrote:
I think it said somewhere in the novel that Barry was trying to learn how to pick locks.I don't exactly remember though.
Nooo, it did not.
Back to top Go down
Las_Fergus
Cerberus
Cerberus
Las_Fergus

PostSubject: Re: jill's lockpick.... and barry   jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:35 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Deagle50 wrote:
Nooo, it did not.

Yeeees it did. Jill gave Barry some gear to learn how to pick locks, and she was teaching him how to do it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.frequencymusic.wordpress.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: jill's lockpick.... and barry   jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 12:00 pm

Las_Fergus wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Deagle50 wrote:
Nooo, it did not.

Yeeees it did. Jill gave Barry some gear to learn how to pick locks, and she was teaching him how to do it.
Huh... Gotta read that one again.
Back to top Go down
Las_Fergus
Cerberus
Cerberus
Las_Fergus

PostSubject: Re: jill's lockpick.... and barry   jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 12:59 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Las_Fergus wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Deagle50 wrote:
Nooo, it did not.

Huh... Gotta read that one again.

Yeah it's either the first or second novel, but Jill definitely lends Barry some lockpicking gear to practise with, which might explain him giving it to her in-game.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: jill's lockpick.... and barry   jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 2:14 pm

The novels are not canon. So nothing that happens in the novels can be taken as the official storyline. So in effect, it doesn't matter if Jill gave Barry lockpicks or was teaching him the skill in the novels. If it didn't happen in the games, it didn't really happen.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: jill's lockpick.... and barry   jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 4:57 pm

jill's lockpick.... and barry Door_shotgun_hinge_2

'Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Deagle50
Zombie
Zombie
Deagle50

PostSubject: Re: jill's lockpick.... and barry   jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 1:26 am

@Fergus-Yeah I think it was the first novel.

@GhostLeader-That seems to be a more fitting lockpic method for Barry.lol

@Nite-But the thing in the books was the only logical explaination for what happened during the game.Man I wish CAPCOM would find 1 storyline for RE and stick to it.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: jill's lockpick.... and barry   jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 3:53 am

Deagle50 wrote:
@GhostLeader-That seems to be a more fitting lockpic method for Barry.lol
More like Jill, actually. She is the team's breacher, after all.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: jill's lockpick.... and barry   jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 10:17 am

It's logical. But logical does not equal canon.
Back to top Go down
Las_Fergus
Cerberus
Cerberus
Las_Fergus

PostSubject: Re: jill's lockpick.... and barry   jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 10:21 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
It's logical. But logical does not equal canon.

It is unimportant whether it's canon or not. If it's logical to someone, then that's all that matters. It's a whole franchise, and some people like to get all the missing pieces, whether they are canon or not, and it allows them to enjoy the franchise more, so why diminish their enjoyment by saying that whether information from a novel is logical or not, it's not canon? Wy not just humour people instead of taking pixels on a screen so seriously?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: jill's lockpick.... and barry   jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 10:27 am

Las_Fergus wrote:
...instead of taking pixels on a screen so seriously?

Who's taking pixels on a screen too seriously? That'd be you. It's my job here to keep everyone informed on the universe of Resident Evil. That means making sure people know what is canon in the storyline and what is not.
Back to top Go down
Las_Fergus
Cerberus
Cerberus
Las_Fergus

PostSubject: Re: jill's lockpick.... and barry   jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 11:18 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Las_Fergus wrote:
...instead of taking pixels on a screen so seriously?

Who's taking pixels on a screen too seriously? That'd be you. It's my job here to keep everyone informed on the universe of Resident Evil. That means making sure people know what is canon in the storyline and what is not.

I ain't taking it seriously? I enjoy reading the novels, playing the games, fitting all the pieces together, whether they are canon or not. There are lots of users who like to mix the two (novels and games) to fill in plotholes, extra pieces of information, character motives etc. They know what is canon, and what is not, they are aware that the books were not written by the actual creators of Resident Evil. They know, as well as I, that the novels don't ACTUALLY fill in the blanks, it's just a nice alternative to explain the events of the games, and it makes sense as well.

We are all adults here, we don't need to be spoonfed, patronised and told that our opinions and theories don't matter because "they aren't canon."

It's a franchise, one that we all love, but it is disenfranchised when people take it too seriously for their own good.

Deagle just had the opinion that "the books was the only logical explaination for what happened during the game." They do not need to be given the attitude that is pretty much "yeah it could be, but because it isn't in the games, you're wrong in thinking that."

This world has enough people that disenfranchise each other, but to actually have the tediousness to sit in front of a screen and patronise people is disgusting. You are an admin, and if this is what the admin of a forum think they can get away with then there's obviously not much use in people using the forum, if their opinions on "non-canon" subjects are dismissed as useless.

And don't deny it, there's no way you can sugar-coat anything or explain yourself, manipulation just pisses people off.

God, I was enjoying discussing my favourite gaming franchise, but there's always one to ruin the fun.

My god, my fingers are sore now, better not keep typing, the administration might say my typing isn't "canon" enough for this forum :'D
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: jill's lockpick.... and barry   jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 12:58 pm

I would love for you to point out where exactly I said that any users' opinion was useless. When did I ever say that your opinion did not matter because it was not canon? All I said was that it could not be taken as canon. There are many many users that come here and do not know that the books are not canon and some even believe the live action movies are canon. I am here to make sure that people know what is canon and what is not and there is no way of knowing if you know what is and what is not canon. I have no problem with people making their own opinions of what happens to fill in holes. I do it myself. I never once said that your opinion was useless or illogical. All I said was that we cannot state that in the official RE canon, Jill was teaching Barry lockpicking. And if you want to get technical, wouldn't it be more logical if Jill already had a lockpick on hand, if she was so good at it and if she was teaching it to Barry? Also, I don't see how I am taking this too seriously for my own good. I'm getting nothing out of it. And what am I "getting away with"? Making sure that my users know what is canon and what is not? I don't sit here and patronise anyone. Trust me, I see a lot of people come on here and get extremely offended when someone disagrees with them on something. I didn't flame you. I didn't make fun of you. I merely stated a fact. All you had to do was say, "Yeah, I realize that the books are not canon. I was just saying that it is a good way of filling in a hole in the storyline." But instead you decided to jump down my throat. I seriously did not mean to make you feel like I thought your opinion was dumb or something. I think if you reread everything I said, you would realize that that was not my intention. You are a good active member and I hope you don't leave the forum over this. But if you decide to stay, you really need to learn to control your temper. That way we can all have informative, constructive arguments rather than emotional, tear filled slap fests.
Back to top Go down
Las_Fergus
Cerberus
Cerberus
Las_Fergus

PostSubject: Re: jill's lockpick.... and barry   jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 1:32 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I would love for you to point out where exactly I said that any users' opinion was useless. When did I ever say that your opinion did not matter because it was not canon? All I said was that it could not be taken as canon. There are many many users that come here and do not know that the books are not canon and some even believe the live action movies are canon. I am here to make sure that people know what is canon and what is not and there is no way of knowing if you know what is and what is not canon. I have no problem with people making their own opinions of what happens to fill in holes. I do it myself. I never once said that your opinion was useless or illogical. All I said was that we cannot state that in the official RE canon, Jill was teaching Barry lockpicking. And if you want to get technical, wouldn't it be more logical if Jill already had a lockpick on hand, if she was so good at it and if she was teaching it to Barry? Also, I don't see how I am taking this too seriously for my own good. I'm getting nothing out of it. And what am I "getting away with"? Making sure that my users know what is canon and what is not? I don't sit here and patronise anyone. Trust me, I see a lot of people come on here and get extremely offended when someone disagrees with them on something. I didn't flame you. I didn't make fun of you. I merely stated a fact. All you had to do was say, "Yeah, I realize that the books are not canon. I was just saying that it is a good way of filling in a hole in the storyline." But instead you decided to jump down my throat. I seriously did not mean to make you feel like I thought your opinion was dumb or something. I think if you reread everything I said, you would realize that that was not my intention. You are a good active member and I hope you don't leave the forum over this. But if you decide to stay, you really need to learn to control your temper. That way we can all have informative, constructive arguments rather than emotional, tear filled slap fests.

You didn't say that opinions were useless, it's just when you said that it isn't canon so doesn't have anything to do with the games, it seemed like you were saying that there's no point in passing comment on a comparison between novel and game, because it wouldn't be acceptable to do so.

If you didn't mean it like this, then I apologise. I don't feel that I need to control my temper, i'm just very passionate about people being able to say whatever tey wish, free speech and all that jazz. Sorry if it seems to you that i'm becoming angry and losing my temper, because i'm not, i'm just trying to point out that nobody has a right to tell someone that their comments do not matter game-wise because it isn't canon to the games.

But, like you pointed out, you weren't intentionally patronising, and didn't want to undermine, so i'm sorry for flying off the handle, i'm just very outspoken and will try to tone it down next time, as this is a great forum for one of the best game series in the world, and I will not leave the forum because it pretty much rocks when it comes to RE.

p.s. I actually know someone that played the games, but thinks the movies are canon, and that the games are just to make people feel "a part of the movies." Anyone who knows that there are RE games but still think that Jovovich and the movies are canon ... just ... eww lol Razz (in a non-patronising sense of course xD)
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: jill's lockpick.... and barry   jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 2:06 pm

I tend to refer to either the comics or the novels from time to time when going for additional info and Nite just looooooves it Wink
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: jill's lockpick.... and barry   jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 1:44 pm

Ha, indeed. I always always ALWAYS tell Mass that the novels and books are not canon. I think I've told him about 300 times now. Anyway, yeah, I didn't mean to say that your opinion was unacceptable at all. I was just trying to emphasize that we can't truly know what happened. We can only speculate. There is a lot of speculation done about these games, as there are more than enough plot holes to keep us busy for a long while.
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: jill's lockpick.... and barry   jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:36 pm

jeez for just a stupid lockpick.. but anyway nite is right, comics and novels and specially the live action movies.. never canon, fill the holes yourself.. make your own RE1 scenario and connect the dots
Back to top Go down
Las_Fergus
Cerberus
Cerberus
Las_Fergus

PostSubject: Re: jill's lockpick.... and barry   jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 2:47 am

ace.redfield wrote:
jeez for just a stupid lockpick.. but anyway nite is right, comics and novels and specially the live action movies.. never canon, fill the holes yourself.. make your own RE1 scenario and connect the dots

Agreed. Less arguments now xD

Congratulations ... just for having Stevie as your avatar Razz
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: jill's lockpick.... and barry   jill's lockpick.... and barry EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:23 am

Las_Fergus wrote:
ace.redfield wrote:

Agreed. Less arguments now xD

Congratulations ... just for having Stevie as your avatar Razz
that ain't stevie, that's the weird wesker lookalike zombie from extinction
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: jill's lockpick.... and barry   jill's lockpick.... and barry Empty

Back to top Go down

jill's lockpick.... and barry
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next