HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas

Go down 
+3
Moonknight67
Spike991
Soul
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Soul
Zombie
Zombie
Soul

Playstation Network ChristopherSoul

Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas Empty
PostSubject: Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas   Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 5:31 pm

It would be interesting no?
Especially with though infected by it [Would they be Zombies then? Very Happy]
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/Soulful_Chris
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas   Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 7:05 pm

Soul wrote:
It would be interesting no?
Especially with though infected by it [Would they be Zombies then? Very Happy]

It could be, as Progenitor was used with Las Plagas to create Type 3 Las Plagas, which was seen with the wierd athletic majini in RE5, the ones with shields and spears.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Zombie
Zombie
Soul

PostSubject: Re: Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas   Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 8:03 pm

Yeah but the Progenitor Virus, especially in 5, was a excuse by Capcom to not use anything really T-Virus related.
"Oh we just used the Progenitor Virus on this, this and this."
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

PostSubject: Re: Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas   Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 10:27 pm

That is possible, but perhaps they wanted to give the Ganados from RE4 a heavier role. Plus, the Progenitor virus explained a lot of Spencer's and Umbrella's back story, as to why and how Umbrella was founded and what got Spencer into DNA-altering viruses in the first place.

Maybe, due to the fact that it was such a major piece of information, not to mention a pretty big plot device considering it was grown right there in Kijuju, the Progenitor Virus was used on Las Plagas instead of the T-virus. Or it could've just been a matter of convenience. When you have a powerful cell reconstructing virus and the facility to manufacture it right under your nose, you don't ship a giant load of biohazardous viruses from across the world to mess with Las Plagas, especially since there's no guarantee the T-virus would even react properly with Las Plagas.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Zombie
Zombie
Soul

PostSubject: Re: Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas   Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 11:36 pm

I think that's the point though, it'd be BEYOND intriguing and interesting to see how Las Plagas would react to a T-Virus modification/injection/etc.
Oh Capcom, think of the possibilities!
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

PostSubject: Re: Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas   Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 12:28 am

But, you see, the most likely result of mixing the T-virus with something as versatile as Las Plagas would be either a very intelligent and powerful race of parasites or a catastrophic collection of monsters, both of which would likely result in a doomsday scenario or something along the lines of "Everyone at the facility was killed and the creatures are roaming wild in the area." type of thing.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Zombie
Zombie
Soul

PostSubject: Re: Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas   Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 12:45 am

Moonknight67 wrote:
But, you see, the most likely result of mixing the T-virus with something as versatile as Las Plagas would be either a very intelligent and powerful race of parasites or a catastrophic collection of monsters, both of which would likely result in a doomsday scenario or something along the lines of "Everyone at the facility was killed and the creatures are roaming wild in the area." type of thing.
Laughing
That sounds similar to RE1.
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

PostSubject: Re: Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas   Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:02 pm

Except the zombies in RE1 were being used to formulate combat data before it was leaked into the city by 2 and 3. So it was really all orchestrated.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas   Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:09 pm

Moonknight67 wrote:
Except the zombies in RE1 were being used to formulate combat data before it was leaked into the city by 2 and 3. So it was really all orchestrated.

The zombies were an accident. The outbreak was an accident, except to Marcus who decided to pwn everyone. Can't blame him myself. So only the non-zombie B.O.W.s were used to obtain combat information, and even that only occurred after the accidental outbreak. Actually, the zombies shouldn't even be considered B.O.W.s.
Back to top Go down
Flippy147
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Flippy147

PostSubject: Re: Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas   Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:26 pm

The zombies were an accident. The outbreak was an accident, except to Marcus who decided to pwn everyone. Can't blame him myself. So only the non-zombie B.O.W.s were used to obtain combat information, and even that only occurred after the accidental outbreak. Actually, the zombies shouldn't even be considered B.O.W.s.[/quote]

Zombies, whatever the occurance, carry the virus and can spread it to others. And seeing as how they destroyed the City in the first place kind of gives them the right to be considered B.O.W.s.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas   Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 12:01 am

Flippy147 wrote:

Zombies, whatever the occurance, carry the virus and can spread it to others. And seeing as how they destroyed the City in the first place kind of gives them the right to be considered B.O.W.s.

No, it doesn't. They are not meant for combat. They are very uncontrollable. They become a virus themselves. You can't use them as weapons.
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

PostSubject: Re: Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas   Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 7:12 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Flippy147 wrote:

No, it doesn't. They are not meant for combat. They are very uncontrollable. They become a virus themselves. You can't use them as weapons.

Nite has a point. B.O.W.s are the things like T-103 and the Lickers - genetically modified creatures (usually humans) who can be controlled are are used as weapons. The zombies of the earlier RE series were merely infected with the virus. I suppose they'd be.. victims?

However, the Ganados and Majini of 4 and 5 could definitely be considered B.O.W.s, because with the control plaga they could be easily manipulated into an army or anything else they were needed for.. Very efficient.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas   Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 8:28 am

Moonknight67 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Flippy147 wrote:

Nite has a point. B.O.W.s are the things like T-103 and the Lickers - genetically modified creatures (usually humans) who can be controlled are are used as weapons. The zombies of the earlier RE series were merely infected with the virus. I suppose they'd be.. victims?

However, the Ganados and Majini of 4 and 5 could definitely be considered B.O.W.s, because with the control plaga they could be easily manipulated into an army or anything else they were needed for.. Very efficient.

Yeah. The Ganados and Majini were BOWs. I'm not even sure if the lickers were though, because I think they may have been an accident too. They are just a super mutated zombie. Really though, even the hunters couldn't really be controlled so I don't even know why Umbrella was wasting their time with that nonsense. The creatures like Nemesis, Mr. X, the Ivans, etc. were the real BOWs.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas   Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:08 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Moonknight67 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Flippy147 wrote:

Yeah. The Ganados and Majini were BOWs. I'm not even sure if the lickers were though, because I think they may have been an accident too. They are just a super mutated zombie. Really though, even the hunters couldn't really be controlled so I don't even know why Umbrella was wasting their time with that nonsense. The creatures like Nemesis, Mr. X, the Ivans, etc. were the real BOWs.

what about the sharks and monkeys in re0.what could they possibly be doing with them
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas   Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 11:30 am

I don't know about the monkeys...as for the sharks...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas   Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 11:51 am

NiteKrawler wrote:

Spoiler:

lol. off topic but how do you get on of those portable psn IDs. i have tried so many times to get one but when i go to log in and wont let me
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas   Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 11:58 am

weskersbarber wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Spoiler:

lol. off topic but how do you get on of those portable psn IDs. i have tried so many times to get one but when i go to log in and wont let me

I had to get mine on the UK Playstation site. I don't think the US site has them still.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas   Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 12:04 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Spoiler:

I had to get mine on the UK Playstation site. I don't think the US site has them still.

yeah im using the uk site as well. i dont know why but it just wont let me log in
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas   Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 12:07 pm

That's weird. I just updated mine.
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

PostSubject: Re: Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas   Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 2:09 pm

Umbrella was kinda notorious for creating a bunch of uncontrollable monsters, weren't they? Besides the different Tyrant types, they didn't really create any good B.O.W.s, did they? Except maybe Nemesis, but wasn't he basically a Tyrant, too? Same basic idea, anyways.

It wasn't until Tricell came along that the real B.O.W.s surfaced, like the Popokarimu (the giant bat spider thing). I guess Saddler had them as well, but weren't they just plaga infected creatures? I've wondered about that, actually. How one human with a plaga became a ganado, and another became El Gigante. And what about Salazar, and his two bodyguards? Or Del Lago?

How did all of those come about, really?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas   Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 7:32 pm

Moonknight67 wrote:
Umbrella was kinda notorious for creating a bunch of uncontrollable monsters, weren't they? Besides the different Tyrant types, they didn't really create any good B.O.W.s, did they? Except maybe Nemesis, but wasn't he basically a Tyrant, too? Same basic idea, anyways.

It wasn't until Tricell came along that the real B.O.W.s surfaced, like the Popokarimu (the giant bat spider thing). I guess Saddler had them as well, but weren't they just plaga infected creatures? I've wondered about that, actually. How one human with a plaga became a ganado, and another became El Gigante. And what about Salazar, and his two bodyguards? Or Del Lago?

How did all of those come about, really?

I think the Plagas were modified for each different creature.
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

PostSubject: Re: Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas   Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:18 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:

Perhaps. But how would Saddler have the equipment to really modify at least three different types of Las Plagas?

The Del Lago, El Gigante, Plus Salazar and his "hands"?, along with Mendez and Saddler himself?

Seems like a lot of effort just to surround himself with them, especially El Gigante. He was just a psychotic beast anyways. Did they keep him around just for ex-cops sent to find the president's daughter?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas   Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:40 pm

Moonknight67 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Perhaps. But how would Saddler have the equipment to really modify at least three different types of Las Plagas?

The Del Lago, El Gigante, Plus Salazar and his "hands"?, along with Mendez and Saddler himself?

Seems like a lot of effort just to surround himself with them, especially El Gigante. He was just a psychotic beast anyways. Did they keep him around just for ex-cops sent to find the president's daughter?

Saddler didn't. Luis did. As for Saddler, Mendez, and Salazar, different forms of natural Plagas were used. It is kind of confusing because they are called different things. Some say that Saddler had the Control Plaga, or Queen. Salazar and Mendez had what many call the Master Plaga. The terminology is weird and I may have gotten it wrong (I'm going from memory), because it seems that the Master should be the highest form. In any case, It went Saddler's Plaga>Mendez and Salazar's Plagas>regular Plagas.
Back to top Go down
Flippy147
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Flippy147

PostSubject: Re: Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas   Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 3:52 pm

Well sorry to ruin the new subject in this post but im but to argue once more. Even when zombies can't be controlled, they can be used as tools of destruction. They are hosts to the t-virus, much like a gun to the bullet. You need a bullet to make the gun useful. Another way to address them as weapons, They do indeed kill things. I feel like both of you address the idea as some maniacs walking around killing people and saying they are not dangerous.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas   Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:01 pm

Flippy147 wrote:
Well sorry to ruin the new subject in this post but im but to argue once more. Even when zombies can't be controlled, they can be used as tools of destruction. They are hosts to the t-virus, much like a gun to the bullet. You need a bullet to make the gun useful. Another way to address them as weapons, They do indeed kill things. I feel like both of you address the idea as some maniacs walking around killing people and saying they are not dangerous.

Being dangerous and being a weapon are two different things. A serial killer is dangerous. A marine is a weapon. In order for the T-Virus zombies to be considered weapons, they would have to be able to get a job done, and then no longer be a threat to the user. The reality (a bit of an ironic use of the word) is that these zombies will stop at nothing and cannot be controlled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas   Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas Empty

Back to top Go down

Untapped Potential - T-Virus Infected Las Plagas
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next