HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie?

Go down 
+6
Regenerator
R3SiD3NT 3vIl
frodomir
Ghost Leader
NiteKrawler
Soul
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Soul
Zombie
Zombie
Soul

Playstation Network ChristopherSoul

Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? Empty
PostSubject: Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie?   Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 6:32 pm

Here's a interesting question I figured I'd ask, because I myself do consider, Las Plagas infected humans, a Parasitic Type of Zombie.
As well, in Zombie fiction, there are different types of Zombies, the Fast Running one, or your standard slow moving ones.
And Romero in Land of the Dead showed (Only for a split second though Rolling Eyes ) That Zombies COULD eventually show some type of intelligence, further more, a Controlled Zombie is only obvious.

Eh, I'm trying to explain in better detail but it'll just come to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/Soulful_Chris
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie?   Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 8:49 pm

Yeah I do. They may retain their motor skills and thought mechanics, but they're still mindless. And they can be controlled. Not as bad as corporate zombies though.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie?   Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 2:32 am

No, I don't consider them zombies. Zombies are mindless, which ganados and majin obviously aren't by the fact that they're shown going about their daily life, taking and giving orders, using weapons, riding motorcycles, etc..

And Land of the Dead was a mistake on Romero's part.
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie?   Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 11:16 am

Ganados are infected, but the infections is nothing like zombie infection... Zombies have infected blood... Ganados are infected with Plagas, virus too, but it grows in head... Sorta brain control...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
R3SiD3NT 3vIl
Cerberus
Cerberus
R3SiD3NT 3vIl

PostSubject: Re: Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie?   Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 11:19 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Yeah I do. They may retain their motor skills and thought mechanics, but they're still mindless. And they can be controlled. Not as bad as corporate zombies though.
No they not Zombies... you just proved yourself wrong Laughing... If they're mindless they can't be controlled, thus cancelling the facts about Majini and Ganados. Listen...

Zombies are infected with a virus, BUT you have to die first for it to take effect. Now, since you are dead, yourself brain cells die due to no oxygen exchange between your blood vessels and brain tissue, thus brain dead > lack of motor skills > mindless. If your brain dead, you can't function without some kind of resusitation, which is the virus reconstructing they're cellular structure in they're brain, no body, that why they're bodies still decay, and if you shoot them in the brain they dead automatically because they will have inadequate levels of virus in the brain cells. Now since the virus brought them back to life, they have minor motor skills, thus the slow walking zombies, and maybe short bursts of running towards you. Since they are mindless, they will attack ANY living human, they can not be controlled.

Majini and Ganados are not zombies at all, but a new breed of Biological Organic Weapon that can be controlled. Since they are infected with a parasite, usually a microscopic egg injected into the blood stream. Since, its a parasite (Las Plagas) the parasite can use the human as a host, thus the human is NOT dead and retains full use of motor skills (Running, jumping, etc.) and train of thought (planning, strategy, etc.) This enemies, are not mindless because its like I said, they're not dead when they are infected with the parasite so they're brain is fully functional... they even can kill the parasite if its still in it's early stages of development (i.e. Ashley and Leon.) They can be controlled because the parasite can be controlled (i.e. Lord Saddler) and use the body as a host unlike the uncontrollable zombies. They're B.O.W.s, but not zombies.

That said, I don't think anyone can argue the fact that Majini and Ganados ar Zombies Laughing.
Back to top Go down
R3SiD3NT 3vIl
Cerberus
Cerberus
R3SiD3NT 3vIl

PostSubject: Re: Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie?   Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 11:22 am

frodomir wrote:
Ganados are infected, but the infections is nothing like zombie infection... Zombies have infected blood... Ganados are infected with Plagas, virus too, but it grows in head... Sorta brain control...
Both are in the head... the parasite actually lays in the chest, but it's "strands" reach to the brain. Since the Ganados and Majini have a fully functionally brain they since die without a brain like the zombies, whereas the zombie have restructurd brian tissue. When a Las Plagas or Cephalo comes out of the head when shot off, that is the parasite in its complete stages of development, able to survive without the host.
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie?   Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 11:27 am

R3SiD3NT 3vIl wrote:
frodomir wrote:
Both are in the head... the parasite actually lays in the chest, but it's "strands" reach to the brain. Since the Ganados and Majini have a fully functionally brain they since die without a brain like the zombies, whereas the zombie have restructurd brian tissue. When a Las Plagas or Cephalo comes out of the head when shot off, that is the parasite in its complete stages of development, able to survive without the host.

Oh yes i forgot, what I meant final stage of Plagas infection is taht creature in the head... But Im not sure that T virus is in the head... Well Viruses can be found in every part of body, tahts true, but they cannot move on their own... Its the blood that transports them
Back to top Go down
R3SiD3NT 3vIl
Cerberus
Cerberus
R3SiD3NT 3vIl

PostSubject: Re: Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie?   Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 11:49 am

frodomir wrote:
R3SiD3NT 3vIl wrote:
frodomir wrote:

Oh yes i forgot, what I meant final stage of Plagas infection is taht creature in the head... But Im not sure that T virus is in the head... Well Viruses can be found in every part of body, tahts true, but they cannot move on their own... Its the blood that transports them
Sure, of course its in the blood, but once the human comes back to life as a zombie, the blood has transported the virus to the blood exchanging the virus like oxygen through the membrane reconstructing the cellular structure of the brain. After that is complete, the zombie is now alive, and although the virus is still in the blood stream, the zombie can still live even if all the blood in the body is drained because the virus reconstructed the brain, thus if shot, not more zombie.
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie?   Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 2:08 pm

I don't consider these a type of zombie...real zombies are after flesh and bones and have no minds because of it
Back to top Go down
R3SiD3NT 3vIl
Cerberus
Cerberus
R3SiD3NT 3vIl

PostSubject: Re: Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie?   Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 3:11 pm

Regenerator wrote:
I don't consider these a type of zombie...real zombies are after flesh and bones and have no minds because of it
I'm sorry, I don't understand... they're zombies because they eat flesh and because of that they have no mind?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie?   Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 4:04 pm

Resident, you changed my mind. Somehow I forgot about the whole undead part of being a zombie. Zombies have to die first. Can I change my vote? Razz
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie?   Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 4:10 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Resident, you changed my mind. Somehow I forgot about the whole undead part of being a zombie. Zombies have to die first. Can I change my vote? Razz
There's no poll... Suspect

...Oh, wait, that was a joke. Nothing to see here, move along. Razz
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie?   Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 4:16 pm

haha I was gonna say. If someone took me seriously there I was gonna have to stop my joking ways. lol Razz
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie?   Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 5:49 pm

No they are different.

Zombies are created by the T-virus(which was an accident and no doubt a failure on Umbrella's part), while Las Plagas(and any parasite such as NE-Alpha) gives the host intelligence, as seen by Nemesis, Ganados and Majini, which all of these were able to use weapons, speak and of course had more intelligence.:O
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie?   Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 7:01 pm

Spike, I think this topic meant in the whole realm of zombiedom. Not just RE. In other words...Romero's zombies weren't created by the T-Virus. Or if they were, then someone is gonna be in trouble at the copyright office.
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie?   Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 7:05 pm

R3SiD3NT 3vIl wrote:
Regenerator wrote:
I'm sorry, I don't understand... they're zombies because they eat flesh and because of that they have no mind?
yep they are mindless bloodthirsty animals
Back to top Go down
Soul
Zombie
Zombie
Soul

PostSubject: Re: Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie?   Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 9:31 pm

See to me, it's all to what you believe in Zombie lore.
It's personal opinion really, but they're not Resident Evil Classified Zombies, I know that, but I think in my own mind they are a TYPE of Zombie.
But whatever.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie?   Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 10:31 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Spike, I think this topic meant in the whole realm of zombiedom. Not just RE. In other words...Romero's zombies weren't created by the T-Virus. Or if they were, then someone is gonna be in trouble at the copyright office.

Oh, well in that case they are not zombies, no more than Nemesis anyway.Smile
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie?   Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 12:47 am

Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Oh, well in that case they are not zombies, no more than Nemesis anyway.Smile
I think it is safe to refer to Ganados and Majini as infected rather than zombies, as they are each infected with a very similar parasite. I believe the Tyrant can be referred to as a "successful B.O.W".
Back to top Go down
Soul
Zombie
Zombie
Soul

PostSubject: Re: Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie?   Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 7:45 pm

In Zombie fiction recently, THATS all I hear is "The Infected"
To be honest, the Las Plagas Infected look like Undead at certain points but they're not.
And I do, especially recently, long for the classic "Undead RE Zombies"
Back to top Go down
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie?   Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 1:39 am

The Cool thing about Zombies is that they are nasty and rotting. So you don't even want them touching you. Also they want to eat you . So really zombies aren't man, they are monster.

Man vs. Monster is more scary than Man vs. Man.

In RE4 the villagers feel more human... Smarter? Yes. Faster? Yes. Scarier? No.

They should have made the villagers Rot or be Cannibals.
Back to top Go down
Bernard
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bernard

PostSubject: Re: Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie?   Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 10:00 am

ZOMBIE ARE DEAD
GANADOS AND MAIJINS AREN'T
FOR F@C* SAKE GUYS
Can't see a diference?I see somepeople aready did but still JESUS
R3SiD3NT 3vIl kicked ass and chew bubble gum with his explanation
lol
I'm calmer now
The Plaga dudes have their normal person brain functions working normal but the Plaga controling them
The zombies have their brain burn and only working by the old instincts,the T-Virus change it a little by making then want people
I guess that's all
Ganados and Maijins are not like zombie
SO THEY SHOULDN'T BE CALLED OF IT
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie?   Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:06 am

Yeah that pretty much explains it all... I guess the whole gaming world doesnt like zombies for being slow... And thats why we see sort of fast zombies, even those zombies are not really zombies...
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie?   Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 1:59 pm

I think gamers would absolutely adore classic zombies. As long as there are thousands surrounding you. I'll have to give Dead Rising 2 a looksee because it's supposed to have 2,000 zombies on screen even in multiplayer. Since the PS3 will actually get this one I'll try it.
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie?   Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 2:29 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I think gamers would absolutely adore classic zombies. As long as there are thousands surrounding you. I'll have to give Dead Rising 2 a looksee because it's supposed to have 2,000 zombies on screen even in multiplayer. Since the PS3 will actually get this one I'll try it.
I would rather be surrounded by a group of bloodthirsty classic zombies then these newer ones anyday
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie?   Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ganados & Majini - Las Plagas Infected - Do YOU consider them a TYPE of Zombie?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next