Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Umbrella Corps Announced

Go down 
+13
Ghost Leader
Nobudy
PAULSAMSON
TerraSavior
BeatTheGG
Vandal
JamTyrantH
PierreLeSang
White Rock
Progenitor
Ssplain
Bulls-3ye
37 Narwhals
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 6:17 am

New trailer's out:

So it does have a single player mode of some sort. Might get it on Steam from a sale at some point after all.

A couple of things from the trailer though... These people are running around in the village from RE4 and Kijuju from RE5 was teased at the end. The inclusion of these maps makes me utterly confused since this game is, according to its developers, fully canon and takes place in 2015. Were they really not destroyed in their respective games? Also, I swear that's Albert's voice at the end of the trailer. Either it's a recording or something stupid is about to happen. Oh, and there's a Tricell building included in the maps, too. Wasn't that company abolished?

As an aside, apparently the zombie jammer also works on ganados. Weird.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
JamTyrantH
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
JamTyrantH

Playstation Network J4m13hh93

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 9:28 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
New trailer's out:

So it does have a single player mode of some sort. Might get it on Steam from a sale at some point after all.

A couple of things from the trailer though... These people are running around in the village from RE4 and Kijuju from RE5 was teased at the end. The inclusion of these maps makes me utterly confused since this game is, according to its developers, fully canon and takes place in 2015. Were they really not destroyed in their respective games? Also, I swear that's Albert's voice at the end of the trailer. Either it's a recording or something stupid is about to happen. Oh, and there's a Tricell building included in the maps, too. Wasn't that company abolished?

As an aside, apparently the zombie jammer also works on ganados. Weird.

not sure how i feel about this game, at some points it looks terrible and others it looks decent.
Back to top Go down
TerraSavior
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 9:38 am

Hmmm seems decent so far, but it would take a lot more to convince me.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm

Would still rather smash my thumb with a hammer than buy it.
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Umbrella Corps 2nd Trailer Reaction   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 3:04 pm

Have to discuss this!

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 2:18 pm

I think the main reason they didn't go back to Raccoon City is because this game is canon and that would mess the whole canon up really badly. Still though, the people shooting out in the "Village", Kijuju and a Tricell building already clash with the canon, especially since this game supposedly takes place in 2015.
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 4:31 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I think the main reason they didn't go back to Raccoon City is because this game is canon and that would mess the whole canon up really badly. Still though, the people shooting out in the "Village", Kijuju and a Tricell building already clash with the canon, especially since this game supposedly takes place in 2015.

They won't go back to Raccoon City because ORC already told that story, a mess as it was. The Village and Kijuju levels will be just unlockable maps, not part of the main campaign. The Tricell building is fine because it is boarded up and abandoned. It was their main headquarters which was subject to a bioterrorist attack by a rival company and has since been left quarantined and abandoned. But the inside still holds valuable data and one of the missions of 'The Experiment' is to steal it.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 2:12 am

TheBatMan wrote:
The Village and Kijuju levels will be just unlockable maps, not part of the main campaign.

Is there a main campaign, though? Didn't they straight up say there is no story to be told in this game, which basically means it's is just a collection of maps, which in turn would mean that every map in the game is canon in some respect.

I actually didn't see the Tricell building having been boarded up, I just paid attention to how neat the place still looks. Still, this game takes place in 2015 and it's been years since Tricell was disbanded. How come the place is still overrun? One would think the BSAA would have done something to contain the threat at least. It would make more sense if "The Experiment" takes place before 2015, though.
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 4:12 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

I actually didn't see the Tricell building having been boarded up, I just paid attention to how neat the place still looks. Still, this game takes place in 2015 and it's been years since Tricell was disbanded. How come the place is still overrun? One would think the BSAA would have done something to contain the threat at least. It would make more sense if "The Experiment" takes place before 2015, though.

By 2015 bio-weapons are so commonplace across the world even the BSAA cannot contain it all, so many areas are simply sealed off from the general populace and left abandoned, leaving the zombies and monsters free to roam, even though they are essentially contained. The Tricell lab is one such place. The premise of this game is that rival companies have hired mercenaries to infiltrate these places to steal the last remnants of any remaining research data, collect bio-weapon samples, record combat data etc. That is the basic concept of the game and it is this 'concept' that is canon - not necessarily the actual literal events such as two teams of hardened soldiers gunning the shit out of each other in RE4's village. You are right that there is no 'story' per say, but the concept of the game and the descriptions of the levels such as Tricell's facility being destroyed by a rival company, adds to the overall world-building. Rev 2 told us Tricell were all but bust, now we already have another potential event contributing to how that happened.

That is also Wesker's voice at the end of the trailer, so either he is just an unlockable character, or the events of 'The Experiment' run right from Umbrella's demise in 2003 up to the present day.
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 4:59 pm

TheBatMan wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

By 2015 bio-weapons are so commonplace across the world even the BSAA cannot contain it all, so many areas are simply sealed off from the general populace and left abandoned, leaving the zombies and monsters free to roam, even though they are essentially contained. The Tricell lab is one such place. The premise of this game is that rival companies have hired mercenaries to infiltrate these places to steal the last remnants of any remaining research data, collect bio-weapon samples, record combat data etc. That is the basic concept of the game and it is this 'concept' that is canon - not necessarily the actual literal events such as two teams of hardened soldiers gunning the shit out of each other in RE4's village. You are right that there is no 'story' per say, but the concept of the game and the descriptions of the levels such as Tricell's facility being destroyed by a rival company, adds to the overall world-building. Rev 2 told us Tricell were all but bust, now we already have another potential event contributing to how that happened.

That is also Wesker's voice at the end of the trailer, so either he is just an unlockable character, or the events of 'The Experiment' run right from Umbrella's demise in 2003 up to the present day.

Yeah it is interesting that we hear from Wesker. Maybe a flashback or something. At any rate, i never really kepy up with the more modern lore, so i feel like you put it in perspective really well! I need something to tie it all together, do you know of any videos that do that? I played every RE game but just found myself... well not really as interested in the story. Nothing really stuck with me sadly.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 4:59 pm

TheBatMan wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I like this concept. Let's wait and see what Capcom does with it...
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
TerraSavior
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 8:54 pm

I'm pretty cautious about this, if a demo comes out, i'll play it. Then I shall see if it is id decent, or just a piece of crap
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 4:26 am

EQOAnostalgia wrote:

Yeah it is interesting that we hear from Wesker. Maybe a flashback or something. At any rate, i never really kepy up with the more modern lore, so i feel like you put it in perspective really well! I need something to tie it all together, do you know of any videos that do that? I played every RE game but just found myself... well not really as interested in the story. Nothing really stuck with me sadly.

I think most people feel the same. There's no doubt youtube videos knocking around. I'm planning to release my own revamped timeline later this year, featuring all the games, files, reports etc. It's absolutely massive and I've been working on it for a long time, to the point where it has gone from a fun spare-time hobby to a painful second job. But it's almost done now.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 5:33 am

TheBatMan wrote:
I'm planning to release my own revamped timeline later this year, featuring all the games, files, reports etc. It's absolutely massive and I've been working on it for a long time, to the point where it has gone from a fun spare-time hobby to a painful second job. But it's almost done now.

Aw... I feel like my comprehensive timeline is about to get overthrown Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 6:19 pm

I'm actually starting to like the looks of this game, it's like ORC only (hopefully) done right.
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 1:39 am

I have to be honest... my opinion on it is turning as well. It looks like a pretty fun competitive shooter. I like the idea of random BOWS roaming the map. I also like the idea of a one life more like Socom/Counter strike. I do believe i'll be picking this up day 1.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 10:41 am

Kijuju gameplay video. Still confused about its inclusion.

Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 12:41 pm

Basically, Capcom are throwing in some explanations (some cool, some contrived) as to why we revisit these areas. For the RE4 village, the whole area was quarantined off after the Los Illuminados were destroyed because there were still wild Plaga in the area. However, locals who had lived there wanted to reclaim their home and bypassed the quarantine zone, subsequently becoming reinfected over time.

We also fight in Tricell's main headquarters which was destroyed in a bioterrorist attack launched by a rival corporation.

DC Douglas plays Wesker and other unnamed soldiers in the game, and he has said there is backstory to uncover.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 3:14 pm

Where'd you read all that?
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 5:56 am

From the official site.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 7:23 am

I should probably check the site more often. Last I checked all it said was "no story, go kill things".
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 10:41 am

It seems all the negative reaction Capcom received caused them to have a change of heart. It still has no character-driven forward narrative, but there are world-building elements and backstory.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 5:56 pm

Not sure how much good that does, though. If there were no story elements I wouldn't have even considered getting this game. Now I'll most likely get it cheap from Steam or something and only play the single player part.

Speaking of, what system are people going to get this for? Those who are, of course.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 1:38 am

The game has character customization now. Looks kind of meh.

Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 11:26 am

I'll actually admit that the customization looks rather deep at first but the result is severely underwhelming. All you can really do is change the color and throw on a bunch of stickers and decals. What happened to deciding how high the bridge of your nose can go? What about height and weight?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Umbrella Corps Announced
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next