Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Umbrella Corps Announced

Go down 
+13
Ghost Leader
Nobudy
PAULSAMSON
TerraSavior
BeatTheGG
Vandal
JamTyrantH
PierreLeSang
White Rock
Progenitor
Ssplain
Bulls-3ye
37 Narwhals
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
TerraSavior
Zombie
Zombie

Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 11:33 am

I'm betting that we would soon get DLC where we could get a pirate hat or smiley face stickers for $1.99
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 1:13 pm

Vandal wrote:
I'll actually admit that the customization looks rather deep at first but the result is severely underwhelming. All you can really do is change the color and throw on a bunch of stickers and decals. What happened to deciding how high the bridge of your nose can go? What about height and weight?

I would love to play as an overweight mercenary with a fork as a melee weapon and a blunderuss or dual machine guns as my main weapon to bring Metal Slug's fat transformations into RE. If only...

TerraSavior wrote:
I'm betting that we would soon get DLC where we could get a pirate hat or smiley face stickers for $1.99

Now that you mention it, I can already see that happening.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 2:27 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Vandal wrote:
I'll actually admit that the customization looks rather deep at first but the result is severely underwhelming. All you can really do is change the color and throw on a bunch of stickers and decals. What happened to deciding how high the bridge of your nose can go? What about height and weight?

I would love to play as an overweight mercenary with a fork as a melee weapon and a blunderuss or dual machine guns as my main weapon to bring Metal Slug's fat transformations into RE. If only...

TerraSavior wrote:

Now that you mention it, I can already see that happening.

Imma wait for when I can play as Wario.

"Im-a Wario! Im-a gonna win!"
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
BeatTheGG
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
BeatTheGG

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:03 pm

Boy am I tardy to the party. I keep calling this game ORC2. It'll be a hard habit to break Neutral . Overall I can't say I'm at all interested sadly.
Back to top Go down
TerraSavior
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 4:24 pm

They are already setting it into motion...the stickers, the hats, the maps that are behind a pay wall
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 5:32 am

TerraSavior wrote:
They are already setting it into motion...the stickers, the hats, the maps that are behind a pay wall

Still better than any part of the actual game being DLC.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 4:29 am

New trailer has come up and it seems we are now able to go back to Umbrella's abandoned Antarctic base from Code: Veronica. Since this game is trying to be canon with the rest of the series I do hope they pay extra attention to how the place looks. It's weird any of the base survived from being blown up, though. Also the prolonged exposure to the viruses within have turned some of the sombies into mutants beyond a regular V-Act. This new creature looks a bit like the mutated form of a C-virus zombie from RE6, the Bloodshot. Not the same thing, though.

Now that I'm making a new post on this thread I might as well mention that while I was checking the game's website I noticed this small bit of info regarding the Cerberi that will appear in it: "Whoever is behind the events of Umbrella Corps has brought them back for as-of-yet unknown purposes."

So... New story elements? Another bad guy working behind the scenes? I do hope the single player campaign sheds some light on this, I really don't feel like playing the multiplayer modes to figure things out.

Oh, and holy shit what is wrong with the character animation? RE6 and ORC already did this gameplay style and they looked great, how on earth have they still not fixed the animations a single bit from the first teaser? The game's coming out in two months ffs.
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 7:52 am

I'm shocked with how terrible the animations are still... i just can't believe a AAA game dev is pushing out a a turd like this... don't get me wrong the gameplay might be amazing... but wtf!? Fix the damn animations i mean it's a laughing stock on youtube right now. REALLY hard for me to try and get subscribers interested in this when it looks like Umbrella On Ice!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 10:56 pm

Is there anyone that still refuses to believe Capcom is making RE into a CoD clone? Because if so, you're either blind, stupid, somehow never heard of CoD, or a fanboy who only cares about the fact that it's called Resident Evil.

Not trying to be mean, just being frank.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 1:41 am

I still don't see how this is a CoD clone. I mean, I can clearly see this is a spinoff that has literally nothing to do with anything the series was originally about and it's just an online shooter but shooters were around before CoD and there has been many shooters after CoD. You could just as well call this a Battlefield clone or a Black clone. Or hell, how about a Doom clone? Wasn't every FPS at one time called that? Just because it has action and shooting does not make it a clone. Even if this was called, say, Zombiegrounds, and had plain old soldiers fighting against each other in a zombie infested factory... Nope, still don't see it as a clone. What series this game belongs to has nothing to do with this.
Back to top Go down
TerraSavior
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 2:15 am

Okay, there is new stuff for sure, but I still need more convincing. Maybe zombie elephants, idw. It looks a bit slippery too...
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 8:52 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I still don't see how this is a CoD clone. I mean, I can clearly see this is a spinoff that has literally nothing to do with anything the series was originally about and it's just an online shooter but shooters were around before CoD and there has been many shooters after CoD. You could just as well call this a Battlefield clone or a Black clone. Or hell, how about a Doom clone? Wasn't every FPS at one time called that? Just because it has action and shooting does not make it a clone. Even if this was called, say, Zombiegrounds, and had plain old soldiers fighting against each other in a zombie infested factory... Nope, still don't see it as a clone. What series this game belongs to has nothing to do with this.
Yes, there were FPS games before CoD, but it wasn't until CoD4 onward that the fast-paced, run-and-gun arcade gameplay became prevalent and almost every developer started to emulate it in vain attempts to garner similar sales numbers. I'll grant you Doom, but before CoD4 there were shooters like Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, and SOCOM that actually took some skill and strategy to master, rather than just running around and mowing everything down while only stopping so that your health can regenerate. That same fast-paced, run-and-gun arcade gameplay is what I'm seeing here. So, yeah, CoD clone.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 9:18 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Is there anyone that still refuses to believe Capcom is making RE into a CoD clone? Because if so, you're either blind, stupid, somehow never heard of CoD, or a fanboy who only cares about the fact that it's called Resident Evil.

Not trying to be mean, just being frank.

So? what's done is done, the game is like CoD now, dead, buried, DONE. I will pass on this one, maybe try RE2 remake, but I won't be bothered with this one at all.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 10:10 am

I still think the whole "clone" argument completely pointless. A clone is something that is very much alike with the original, including all, or at least most, gameplay elements. Being just a fast paced shooter doesn't mean anything. Even if you don't find strategy in a game like this, just by looking at it mind you, doesn't mean it wouldn't have any. I don't know that but neither do many other people. There are many games I would have called "shit" or "clones" or whatever had I not played them myself.

We all just have to live with the fact that almost everything in gaming has been done already. You can't make a game without someone calling it a clone of another. If I spent my days calling out games and genres that have already been done (same goes for movies and books) I'd have a very bad time.

Also I kind of forgot to point out it's not even called Resident Evil.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 1:25 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I still think the whole "clone" argument completely pointless. A clone is something that is very much alike with the original, including all, or at least most, gameplay elements. Being just a fast paced shooter doesn't mean anything. Even if you don't find strategy in a game like this, just by looking at it mind you, doesn't mean it wouldn't have any. I don't know that but neither do many other people. There are many games I would have called "shit" or "clones" or whatever had I not played them myself.

We all just have to live with the fact that almost everything in gaming has been done already. You can't make a game without someone calling it a clone of another. If I spent my days calling out games and genres that have already been done (same goes for movies and books) I'd have a very bad time.
Clone

noun
2.    a person or thing that duplicates, imitates, or closely resembles another in appearance, function, performance, or style:
All the fashion models seemed to be clones of one another.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/clone?s=t

If you took out all the Resident Evil references, anyone would look at this trailer and assume it's for the next CoD title. What makes a game a clone of another is when it imitates it exactly, which is what I'm seeing here. Grand Theft Auto and Metal Gear Solid 5 are both open-world games, but one would have to be delusional to call the latter a clone of the former. Fable and Final Fantasy are both RPGs, but would you consider the former a clone of the latter? Originality in a game is judged based on what it does differently from other games in the same genre, not whether it's simply categorized in a given genre to begin with. My issue here is a game that's supposed to be part of the survival horror genre, plays identically to an action FPS. Are you next gonna try to argue that what we're seeing here is survival horror?

Quote :
As if that changes the fact that it's still an RE game.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 12:18 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Clone

noun
2.    a person or thing that duplicates, imitates, or closely resembles another in appearance, function, performance, or style:
All the fashion models seemed to be clones of one another.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/clone?s=t

If you took out all the Resident Evil references, anyone would look at this trailer and assume it's for the next CoD title. What makes a game a clone of another is when it imitates it exactly, which is what I'm seeing here. Grand Theft Auto and Metal Gear Solid 5 are both open-world games, but one would have to be delusional to call the latter a clone of the former. Fable and Final Fantasy are both RPGs, but would you consider the former a clone of the latter? Originality in a game is judged based on what it does differently from other games in the same genre, not whether it's simply categorized in a given genre to begin with. My issue here is a game that's supposed to be part of the survival horror genre, plays identically to an action FPS. Are you next gonna try to argue that what we're seeing here is survival horror?

You are honestly just looking at this way too hard. I would be right out of my mind to call this a  CoD clone even if they published it just as a regular shooter and I said that already in a previous post. Is Spec Ops: The Line a CoD clone in my eyes? No. I see more of that game in this than CoD in the slightest and even then I wouldn't call it a Spec Ops clone. There are many shooters out there and not all of them are clones. Umbrella Corps isn't even out yet so that dictionary description of a clone does nothing. We know nothing of its functionality and performance.

It's a god damn spinoff, get over it already. Who cares if it's not horror? RE has had spinoffs even in the FPS genre and those were quite actiony, that's nothing new. Light gun shooters were big then, action shooters are big now. It's not even trying to be part of the survival horror genre. I doesn't even have the name attached to it. I honestly don't see the point of complaining when you're not even going to buy it. Don't try to down talk me when you know full well I wouldn't be as stupid as to call it horror.

And have you seen Final Fantasy? It's nothing like it used to be, the whole series has changed an insane amount. Bravely Default is more of a Final Fantasy game than Final Fantasy XV.

Ghost Leader wrote:
Quote :
As if that changes the fact that it's still an RE game.

It doesn't but you did say "fanboy who only cares about the fact that it's called Resident Evil". Technicalities.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 6:44 am

Don't mind me, I'm just eating some popcorn watching you two argue over a game that isn't even out yet.
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 6:55 pm

Allow me to step in and just say... this is more of a Counter Strike clone than anything else really. It's going for that vibe and it's also going off of that Rainbow Six Siege vibe. This is Capcoms attempt to hit the MLG scene. This title definitely isn't for oldschool RE fans that hate the current trend. But we are getting RE2 remake and we did just get two amazing remasters! I'll give the action/shooter fans that came after us a win this time i guess... but RE7 better god damn well not be ANYTHING like 5 or 6!

I want a reboot! The OTS crap has gone on for long enough, they need to change everything from the controls to the camera setup! I would rather it be a REAL third person action title than this OMFG MY OWN HEAD IS IN MY WAY F$%@ THIS GAME! that it's been the past decade.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 10:53 pm

EQOAnostalgia wrote:

I want a reboot! The OTS crap has gone on for long enough, they need to change everything from the controls to the camera setup! I would rather it be a REAL third person action title than this OMFG MY OWN HEAD IS IN MY WAY F$%@ THIS GAME! that it's been the past decade.
What's wrong with OTS cameras? The fact that you can see what's right in front of you now?
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 9:14 am

Nobudy wrote:
EQOAnostalgia wrote:

What's wrong with OTS cameras? The fact that you can see what's right in front of you now?

Nothing, only that it's the worst thing to happen in the series pretty much ever. It's no secret i hate OTS especially compared to the classic cinematic feel of the originals. It's time for something new, this OTS crap has officially been in use longer than the original scheme.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 2:29 pm

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
EQOAnostalgia wrote:

Nothing, only that it's the worst thing to happen in the series pretty much ever. It's no secret i hate OTS especially compared to the classic cinematic feel of the originals. It's time for something new, this OTS crap has officially been in use longer than the original scheme.
How exactly does it equate to being the worst thing in the series?
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptyFri May 06, 2016 8:36 am

Nobudy wrote:
EQOAnostalgia wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
EQOAnostalgia wrote:

If you are fishing for an argument you won't find one, not in me anyways. My opinions are my own, just as yours are.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptyFri May 06, 2016 1:10 pm

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
EQOAnostalgia wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
EQOAnostalgia wrote:

If you are fishing for an argument you won't find one, not in me anyways. My opinions are my own, just as yours are.
No, I can't stand arguments myself. I just want to know your take on why it's the worst. That way I get a better understanding on your opinion.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptyFri May 06, 2016 8:36 pm

As-of-yet-to-be-released RE games get hate, yet when they're released nobody cares about the quality too much and plays it anyways. It's like RE:ORC all over again, only on a much bigger scale...
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 EmptySat May 07, 2016 7:59 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
You are honestly just looking at this way too hard. I would be right out of my mind to call this a  CoD clone even if they published it just as a regular shooter and I said that already in a previous post. Is Spec Ops: The Line a CoD clone in my eyes? No. I see more of that game in this than CoD in the slightest and even then I wouldn't call it a Spec Ops clone. There are many shooters out there and not all of them are clones. Umbrella Corps isn't even out yet so that dictionary description of a clone does nothing. We know nothing of its functionality and performance.
Where did you get the impression I'm calling all shooters CoD clones? Operation Flashpoint certainly isn't, ARMA certainly isn't, Rainbow Six: Vegas certainly isn't, Sniper: Ghost Warrior certainly isn't. Is Spec Ops: The Line a CoD clone? It is if you consider how, again, it's predecessors were tactical shooters more akin to Rainbow Six in their gameplay. Play Stealth Patrol or Ranger Elite, then come back to The Line and try to deny the CoD influence. The only real difference between the two is the whole "horrors of war" approach with the story.

Quote :
It's a god damn spinoff, get over it already. Who cares if it's not horror? RE has had spinoffs even in the FPS genre and those were quite actiony, that's nothing new. Light gun shooters were big then, action shooters are big now. It's not even trying to be part of the survival horror genre. I doesn't even have the name attached to it. I honestly don't see the point of complaining when you're not even going to buy it. Don't try to down talk me when you know full well I wouldn't be as stupid as to call it horror.
I don't see how being a spinoff makes any difference. Is it not still a Resident Evil game? Outbreak was a spinoff, Survivor and Dead Aim were spinoffs and even quite action-oriented, but none were in completely different genres!

Quote :
And have you seen Final Fantasy? It's nothing like it used to be, the whole series has changed an insane amount. Bravely Default is more of a Final Fantasy game than Final Fantasy XV.
And yet you continue to apparently argue against Resident Evil having it's own identity in favor of emulating what's perceived as "popular".

Quote :
It doesn't but you did say "fanboy who only cares about the fact that it's called Resident Evil". Technicalities.
Okay, let me amend my wording, then: Fanboy who only cares that it's a Resident Evil game. Are you happy now? I mean, would we even be having this discussion if it wasn't one? What is so damn wrong with me having a problem with every game made these days emulating CoD? Hell, it probably won't be long until they make Grand Tourismo into an action shooter!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Umbrella Corps Announced
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next