Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Umbrella Corps Announced

Go down 
+13
Ghost Leader
Nobudy
PAULSAMSON
TerraSavior
BeatTheGG
Vandal
JamTyrantH
PierreLeSang
White Rock
Progenitor
Ssplain
Bulls-3ye
37 Narwhals
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 9:32 am

Kinda ironic name then, seeing how Umbrella is long gone.

Also worth mentioning is that D.C. Douglas is providing the voice for some of the mercenaries.

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 10:44 am

The story behind this game gets stranger and stranger with every article...
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 1:34 am

I'm not interested in this either. It just seems like Capcom is insulting our intelligence, giving us this to "celebrate" the 20 years we stuck by them through all the shite and good times too. Yeah, cheers. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 3:23 pm

Vandal wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
Look at 1:30 in EQOAnostalgia's video, they use it to grab a rail.

I saw it in the trailer, but it's not a good justification to use it. Honestly it would be easier to just grab the rail with your hand, it wasn't that high of a jump, and there was a staircase on the left. It's not a reason to have a mountaineer axe.
To be fair, we've only seen one area, there might be better places to use it in the full game, although I wouldn't be surprised if they just threw it in because thought it looked cool.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 6:29 pm

37 Narwhals wrote:
Vandal wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
Look at 1:30 in EQOAnostalgia's video, they use it to grab a rail.

I saw it in the trailer, but it's not a good justification to use it. Honestly it would be easier to just grab the rail with your hand, it wasn't that high of a jump, and there was a staircase on the left. It's not a reason to have a mountaineer axe.
To be fair, we've only seen one area, there might be better places to use it in the full game, although I wouldn't be surprised if they just threw it in because thought it looked cool.

It is called a "brainer", as if it is to be used to easily dispatch of zombies. With the way the zombies don't attack unless shot at, a mountain axe might be even more useful. Neither really make any sense.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 10:19 pm

The more i see of it the less and less i am interested in it. I'll wait and see how it looks near completion before my final verdict but as of lately i'm not impressed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 3:04 pm

More early version gameplay released. Looks like fun but... eh.

At least now we have the names of the newbies (not that it really even matters). The Spec-Ops looking dudes are Bear, Wolf and Fox, and the USS lookalikes are called Eagle, Hawk and Owl.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 3:21 pm

Why is this reminding me of Tekken Force...
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 2:58 am

Had to look on Tekken wiki how that was at all relevant. It was, surprisingly.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if this turned out to be a random tie-in to Tekken vs. Street Fighter.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 1:48 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

Wouldn't it be hilarious if this turned out to be a random tie-in to Tekken vs. Street Fighter.

Yeah, USS and Spec-Ops encounter the Tekken Force (headed by Jin Kazama) who are hunting for Tekken vs. Street Fighter guest star Leon S. Kennedy... while the USS and Spec-Ops are hunting for Kazuya Mishima (due to being brought back after encountering the innards of a Volcano) in order to resurrect (or prevent resurrection) of Albert Wesker (who didn't survive the innards of a Volcano). IT ALL MAKES SENSE!!!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 1:23 am

PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Yeah, USS and Spec-Ops encounter the Tekken Force (headed by Jin Kazama) who are hunting for Tekken vs. Street Fighter guest star Leon S. Kennedy... while the USS and Spec-Ops are hunting for Kazuya Mishima (due to being brought back after encountering the innards of a Volcano) in order to resurrect (or prevent resurrection) of Albert Wesker (who didn't survive the innards of a Volcano). IT ALL MAKES SENSE!!!

Just replace USS with HCF or the like and we're golden. You know, since the USS dun' exist no mo'.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 9:23 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Just replace USS with HCF or the like and we're golden. You know, since the USS dun' exist no mo'.

Really doesn't matter that much, they're quite literally the same thing so far. I just hope Capcom, Namco, or Anderson isn't reading these...
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 2:47 pm

I watched that trailer again thinking it was a new one and my opinion on it hasn't really changed. Will this even have a "plot" or a story to it? Hell, I play the series for the story mainly. The fun stuff is something that never enticed me ever, and if this is just some bland shooter again, count me out. Or I might just wait until the price is rather low then buy it to play it with an open mind, as they say. But it feels like the franchise keeps getting kind of raped. It might be okay as a co-op thing.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 3:47 pm

White Rock wrote:
Will this even have a "plot" or a story to it?

No. From what I gathered it's multiplayer only. I mean, if it has some kind of story, it's most likely made like it was in Titanfall, as short codec conversations before battle.

As for co-op, in case you mean locally, I doubt there will be any.
Back to top Go down
TerraSavior
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 12:16 pm

A little scketchy on this one...it looks good, but it may just be as bad as ORC. Maybe i'll be wrong about it....i hope.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 1:39 pm

TerraSavior wrote:
A little scketchy on this one...it looks good, but it may just be as bad as ORC. Maybe i'll be wrong about it....i hope.

Capcom is behind it this time, so it better not suck.
Back to top Go down
TerraSavior
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 4:48 pm

PWNERX wrote:
TerraSavior wrote:

At the very least I hope that there are no bad glitches, and loose controls.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 7:04 am

TerraSavior wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
TerraSavior wrote:

I acknowledge how important is to be glitch-free and have tight controls, but personally those weren't the worst things about ORC.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 7:25 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
TerraSavior wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
TerraSavior wrote:

I acknowledge how important is to be glitch-free and have tight controls, but personally those weren't the worst things about ORC.

I still think the biggest problem with ORC wasn't the game itself but how its release was handled. All the lies, deceit, false promises, misleading and the fact that half of the game was DLC were the worst parts of it. Fun game, shitty way of handling it. That's why, despite how uninteresting Umbrella Corps looks, I think that it basically being an honest version of ORC is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 7:51 am

I think the problem with ORC was the DLC issue and the slippery/underpowered/unpolished gunplay.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 8:22 am

PWNERX wrote:
I think the problem with ORC was the DLC issue and the slippery/underpowered/unpolished gunplay.

to sum it up:

-a whole campaign (50% of the single player) was dlc, never even released a complete edition.
-main campaign was 4 hours long
-every other mode was online, which means that if you got the game on xbox you needed a gold subscription.
-as mass said: false promises. and as I said (http://www.residentevilforums.net/t5241-the-ultimate-operation-raccon-city-post): borderline deceptive advertisement.
-bullet sponges enemies, irrelevant bows and zombies: you basically battle other humans.
-one thing is to walk outside the canon, other thing is grab the lore and wipe your ass with it.
-lastly, glitches and loose controls.

kthxbye.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 8:55 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
-bullet sponges enemies, irrelevant bows and zombies: you basically battle other humans.
-lastly, glitches and loose controls.

Glad I got the game late, since all that was patched out by then. Kinda sad how releasing unfinished games has become the norm nowadays.

PAULSAMSON wrote:
-one thing is to walk outside the canon, other thing is grab the lore and wipe your ass with it.

How so? I didn't think it was that bad. I much rather have this kind of approach than whatever the hell it is Anderson is doing.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 11:14 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

PAULSAMSON wrote:

How so? I didn't think it was that bad. I much rather have this kind of approach than whatever the hell it is Anderson is doing.

Yeah, that one is more a personal opinion, but the "what if" scenarios with Birkin, Leon, Ada, Jill, etc. were twisted poorly in my opinion. Luckily Anderson makes films not videogames, but since we are at it, the first RE movie is a good example of how using an established fictional diegesis with a different story, when they mixed the game's characters and plot with the movie story is when things got stupid.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 11:16 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Kinda sad how releasing unfinished games has become the norm nowadays.
It's a double edged sword. On one hand, the ability to patch games post-release has seemingly made a lot of developers lazy. But on the other hand, it allows them to fix bugs that might not necessarily show up for whatever reason during internal testing. Remember AC: Unity's horrifically bug-filled launch?

Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 324071832d292b637d0a6b4c641067ac_S

Now imagine if they couldn't have fixed those issues via patch. The entire game would have been a complete and total loss and just imagine the hit Ubisoft would have taken for it.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 1:45 pm

Of course it is good that games can be patched post launch but releasing games in barely functional condition is just wrong. Not saying ORC would've been that bad, just extremely buggy and... well, half the game it was supposed to be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Umbrella Corps Announced
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next