Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Umbrella Corps Announced

Go down 
+13
Ghost Leader
Nobudy
PAULSAMSON
TerraSavior
BeatTheGG
Vandal
JamTyrantH
PierreLeSang
White Rock
Progenitor
Ssplain
Bulls-3ye
37 Narwhals
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Quote :
It's a god damn spinoff, get over it already. Who cares if it's not horror? RE has had spinoffs even in the FPS genre and those were quite actiony, that's nothing new. Light gun shooters were big then, action shooters are big now. It's not even trying to be part of the survival horror genre. I doesn't even have the name attached to it. I honestly don't see the point of complaining when you're not even going to buy it. Don't try to down talk me when you know full well I wouldn't be as stupid as to call it horror.
I don't see how being a spinoff makes any difference. Is it not still a Resident Evil game? Outbreak was a spinoff, Survivor and Dead Aim were spinoffs and even quite action-oriented, but none were in completely different genres!

Spinoff is a spinoff. It doesn't have to be part of the same genre, there's no law stating that. Compare to Final Fantasy (again), for example. Dissidia is a fighting game, Theathrythm is a rhytm game, Dirge of Cerberus is a shooter, Chocobo Racing is... well, a racing game. Of course nearly every series with spinoff titles have other genres in those titles but FF is the most numerous I could think of at the moment. And of course, on top of the RE spinoffs you listed, there's Operation Raccoon City. The point being, who cares?

Ghost Leader wrote:
Quote :
And have you seen Final Fantasy? It's nothing like it used to be, the whole series has changed an insane amount. Bravely Default is more of a Final Fantasy game than Final Fantasy XV.
And yet you continue to apparently argue against Resident Evil having it's own identity in favor of emulating what's perceived as "popular".

I'm not arguing originality, I'm arguing that clone =/= genre. A bit exaggerated but anyway.

Ghost Leader wrote:
Quote :
It doesn't but you did say "fanboy who only cares about the fact that it's called Resident Evil". Technicalities.
Okay, let me amend my wording, then: Fanboy who only cares that it's a Resident Evil game. Are you happy now? I mean, would we even be having this discussion if it wasn't one? What is so damn wrong with me having a problem with every game made these days emulating CoD? Hell, it probably won't be long until they make Grand Tourismo into an action shooter!

Because calling me a fanboy makes it seem like I'd be only looking this with RE tinted glasses. Of course I'm talking about this since it is RE, this is an RE formu after all, but I honestly could argue things no matter what series this game belonged to. I like games in general, RE is just one aspect of my interests. Fanboys are usually incoherent idiots. I'm just a fan. You can have your hate against CoD, I just feel the whole "CoD ruined everything" is getting old. I don't care about CoD at all so I can't really take any sides on that. What I'm trying to say here is: Hate all you want, I just don't see a point in calling something a clone when the real problem here is the popularity of a genre. Made popular by CoD, sure, but anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 5:03 pm

Now that a point has been reached, can we now save complaints for beta-footage and the game itself when it's complete and released?
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 1:35 am

Oh yeah, I'm sure it'll be glitchy af when it comes out. Can't wait for the Steam sales though Razz
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: In Defense Of Umbrella Corps   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptyTue May 24, 2016 2:19 pm

I doubt this will be my most popular post here... but here goes nothing!

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptyTue May 24, 2016 4:47 pm

I want to read things on here, dammit!!!! Mad
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 1:36 pm

They released a new trailer and... I don't even know anymore.

The game has been a clusterfuck to begin with but now they are using Raccoon as a map... And it's still supposedly canon... What? I mean, yes, the one with the flaming cars on the streets etc is clearly just a throwback map, but from what I gathered the RPD map is the ruins of the place after the nuclear blast. I thought the entire town was vaporized, I'm surprised any of the building would have survived.

At least the animations look a lot better now. So I guess that's something.
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 5:08 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
They released a new trailer and... I don't even know anymore.

The game has been a clusterfuck to begin with but now they are using Raccoon as a map... And it's still supposedly canon... What? I mean, yes, the one with the flaming cars on the streets etc is clearly just a throwback map, but from what I gathered the RPD map is the ruins of the place after the nuclear blast. I thought the entire town was vaporized, I'm surprised any of the building would have survived.

At least the animations look a lot better now. So I guess that's something.
}

There are cop zombies and shit everywhere... oh well. I guess it doesn't really need to make sense. It just needs to be fun, because they can call it canon all they want. It's not a RE game to me and never will be. At best it will be a fun shooter for $30.

Ghost Leader wrote:

Sorry but i'm pretty sure last time i posted a UC video it was moved here into spinoffs. Maybe i'm mistaken idk, feel free to move it to videos idc.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 12:42 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I'm not arguing originality, I'm arguing that clone =/= genre. A bit exaggerated but anyway.
I'm not saying that either. Operation Flashpoint is an FPS, but it's surely not a CoD clone. America's Army is an FPS, but it isn't a CoD clone either. The issue I have isn't that the game is a shooter, the issue I have is that, judging from the trailers, it plays exactly like CoD. It makes RE4, 5, and 6 look like actual survival horror.

And, frankly, the animations still suck, IMO. They're too robotic.

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

Sorry but i'm pretty sure last time i posted a UC video it was moved here into spinoffs. Maybe i'm mistaken idk, feel free to move it to videos idc.
It was merged with the existing UC topic. I don't feel reaction videos warrant their own separate threads.

And that was more of a satirical response highlighting how, since I'm usually watching something else while browsing forums, I'm getting a bit annoyed (not mad, just annoyed) at forum posts being made into videos before being posted because I have to interrupt what I'm doing to respond to them.
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 2:41 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I'm not saying that either. Operation Flashpoint is an FPS, but it's surely not a CoD clone. America's Army is an FPS, but it isn't a CoD clone either. The issue I have isn't that the game is a shooter, the issue I have is that, judging from the trailers, it plays exactly like CoD. It makes RE4, 5, and 6 look like actual survival horror.

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

It was merged with the existing UC topic. I don't feel reaction videos warrant their own separate threads.

And that was more of a satirical response highlighting how, since I'm usually watching something else while browsing forums, I'm getting a bit annoyed (not mad, just annoyed) at forum posts being made into videos before being posted because I have to interrupt what I'm doing to respond to them.

Huh? been posting my RE videos here for idk how long now. If it' a problem i just won't post them anymore. This place is starting to get hostile to be honest and i'm thinking a time out is called for at the very least.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 6:29 am

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

Huh? been posting my RE videos here for idk how long now. If it' a problem i just won't post them anymore. This place is starting to get hostile to be honest and i'm thinking a time out is called for at the very least.
Post them if you want, just post them in the thread for the subject they're relating to. And maybe give a little brief write-up of the contents for those who might not necessarily want or be able to watch them for one reason or another.

Who's being hostile to you? Drop a name and I'll nip that in the bud.
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 12:03 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
EQOAnostalgia wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

Post them if you want, just post them in the thread for the subject they're relating to. And maybe give a little brief write-up of the contents for those who might not necessarily want or be able to watch them for one reason or another.

Who's being hostile to you? Drop a name and I'll nip that in the bud.

It just seems like everyones been kind of at eachothers throats lately idk. Normally things seem really chill here. Maybe i'm just reading into it too much. But i do think there needs to be a clearer line of communication between admins, it seems my stuff has been moved around a bit. So my confusion stems from that. Iv'e posted videos to relevant subforums only to see it moved into videos. So it's a little confusing. But as for context and not just a link. It's the first time i just dropped a video without saying anything. Was a bit of a hectic day. EDIT: i'll be keeping all of my UC related content posted in here from now on. As busy as things get for me i forget to keep things organized... you should see my studio. It's a mess.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 2:21 pm

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
It just seems like everyones been kind of at eachothers throats lately idk. Normally things seem really chill here. Maybe i'm just reading into it too much.
You mean me and Mass in this thread? I assure you, there's no hostility or bad blood between us.

Quote :
But i do think there needs to be a clearer line of communication between admins, it seems my stuff has been moved around a bit. So my confusion stems from that. Iv'e posted videos to relevant subforums only to see it moved into videos. So it's a little confusing.
If the video is the subject of discussion, it's one thing. But if someone makes a video that's relevant to an already-existing thread, it should be posted in said thread instead of a separate one being made for it, otherwise we end up with multiple threads for one subject.

That's my stance on it, anyway.
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 4:05 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
EQOAnostalgia wrote:
It just seems like everyones been kind of at eachothers throats lately idk. Normally things seem really chill here. Maybe i'm just reading into it too much.
You mean me and Mass in this thread? I assure you, there's no hostility or bad blood between us.

Quote :
But i do think there needs to be a clearer line of communication between admins, it seems my stuff has been moved around a bit. So my confusion stems from that. Iv'e posted videos to relevant subforums only to see it moved into videos. So it's a little confusing.
If the video is the subject of discussion, it's one thing. But if someone makes a video that's relevant to an already-existing thread, it should be posted in said thread instead of a separate one being made for it, otherwise we end up with multiple threads for one subject.

That's my stance on it, anyway.

I concur.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptySat May 28, 2016 7:08 am

I tend to get into these long arguments a lot. It's honestly just nice to have a long lasting discussion on something every once in a while, even if we don't agree on something.

Also sorry, EQ, I originally moved this thread into Discussions because it was the first Umbrella Corps thread and I thought it was a worthy discussion to be had. It would have felt too repetitive to make another thread about the announcement in another section when you already had the groundwork done.

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
There are cop zombies and shit everywhere... oh well. I guess it doesn't really need to make sense. It just needs to be fun, because they can call it canon all they want. It's not a RE game to me and never will be. At best it will be a fun shooter for $30.

Too bad Overwatch just came out, which steals the spot of an awesomely addicting online shooter for months. And I don't even like online shooters.

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Eh, I guess. And the animations may be clunky but at least they seem to have improved. I guess there's only so much you can do with Unity when making a fast paced shooter.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:18 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I tend to get into these long arguments a lot. It's honestly just nice to have a long lasting discussion on something every once in a while, even if we don't agree on something.

Also sorry, EQ, I originally moved this thread into Discussions because it was the first Umbrella Corps thread and I thought it was a worthy discussion to be had. It would have felt too repetitive to make another thread about the announcement in another section when you already had the groundwork done.

EQOAnostalgia wrote:

Too bad Overwatch just came out, which steals the spot of an awesomely addicting online shooter for months. And I don't even like online shooters.

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Eh, I guess. And the animations may be clunky but at least they seem to have improved. I guess there's only so much you can do with Unity when making a fast paced shooter.

Who the hell uses Unity professionally?
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptySun May 29, 2016 5:42 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

EQOAnostalgia wrote:

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

It's all good. I played Overwatch beta and that game is crack! I definitely want to pick it up soon.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 4:03 am

Classic characters will be available as alternate skins.

Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 Attachment
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 8:09 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Classic characters will be available as alternate skins.

Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 Attachment

I swear that image looks fake as hell. I could make better designs for these characters!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 8:47 am

Basically what they did was put old characters' heads on the new characters.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 8:59 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Basically what they did was put old characters' heads on the new characters.

It looks like terrible Photoshop... they didn't even try giving them different armor more relevant to their characters despite them not actually being in-game...

Speaking of which, isn't Albert Wesker in the game anyways? Seriously, what the hell?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 9:40 am

PWNERX wrote:
Speaking of which, isn't Albert Wesker in the game anyways? Seriously, what the hell?

What do you mean? When his voice actor said he's in the game? I'm pretty sure this is what he meant. Albert can't be in the game canonically since it takes place way after RE5.
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 12:28 pm

This game is proving to be a bit of a mind fuck. Here's what I can tell you...

Capcom initially had a very detailed back story for this game and was set to launch the pre-RE6 era. It was an official tie in to the Heavenly Island manga which features a new company called Shényā Pharmaceuticals. However, in early development, Capcom dropped the back story entirely because they wanted to incorporate classic fighting maps such as Raccoon City, the police station and the village. This is why there is no forward facing plot in the game.

However...

In regards to canonicity, the single player campaign 'The Experiment' begins chronologically in March 2012 - and runs right through till 2015. Again, there is no story or cut scenes and all we get in terms of plot is a small block of text. I cannot confirm exactly how it will work, but I think it goes back to the just the concept of the battles and who is involved being canon. The literal battles themselves and their locations (R.P.D. in present day) are irrelevant. It looks like your player character is someone named Abraham Jackson and you are a mercenary.

About Albert Wesker.

He does feature in the game yes. He is not in the single player mode because it takes place chronologically after his death. But in the multiplayer modes, he appears as the voice over the radio that will say things to your team if you fail or complete your objectives. It's just an easter egg, nothing more. Each merc team in the game represents a different corporation. Wesker will represent one of these.

To avoid confusion, D.C. Douglas also voices the main player character, so he has a dual role in this game. So just to confirm, Wesker is in it as an easter egg. He won't be seen, but he will be heard.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 1:23 pm

Do you know if the characters' voices change when equipping different skins, like Albert or Barry, for example?
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 2:04 pm

Not sure, though I wouldn't imagine so. Your still playing as the merc only you're essentially just wearing a Barry Burton helmet, which is why it looks weird.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 2:49 pm

They could just reuse voice lines from previous games. I think that's what they did with Mercs 3D.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Umbrella Corps Announced
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next