Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Umbrella Corps Announced EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Umbrella Corps Announced EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Umbrella Corps Announced EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Umbrella Corps Announced EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Umbrella Corps Announced EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Umbrella Corps Announced EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Umbrella Corps Announced EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Umbrella Corps Announced EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Umbrella Corps Announced EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Umbrella Corps Announced

Go down 
+13
Ghost Leader
Nobudy
PAULSAMSON
TerraSavior
BeatTheGG
Vandal
JamTyrantH
PierreLeSang
White Rock
Progenitor
Ssplain
Bulls-3ye
37 Narwhals
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

Umbrella Corps Announced Empty
PostSubject: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 3:51 am

So this just happened... i made a reaction video/thoughts on it. This is LEGIT my first time seeing it as a comment. As always i encourage conversation on this! Be sure to chat in the video comments as well i like to respond to people there too.

Retitling the topic. I incorrectly merged. - GL
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 8:39 am

So this is basically a more honest Operation Raccoon City. I have to admit, this is the first Resident Evil game I honestly am not that interested in. Strangely enough, it is also the first RE title that actually doesn't have Resident Evil in its name. I wonder if it will have a story campaign? Because I don't really enjoy online multiplayer games, especially when I know none of my friends will be playing it. Of course, if there are people here who wanna try it out, sure. Another thing I'm wondering: Is this gonna be a digital title or a retail release? Because if it is a digital only title I most likely will be skipping on this one.

As for all the people who are being pissy that this game is even being made... Why does it bother you so much? It's a spinoff. You're not forced to play it. Better yet, when this kind of stuff is kept in the spinoff titles we have a better chance of getting more horror in other titles.

Oh, and another thing. I wonder if they learned from ORC and will release this as a full title and not half of a game AND if they figured an offline co-op is still an option.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 10:25 am

Lame. It looks like they just made a random shooter where the characters happen to look like Umbrella operatives and slapped a few Umbrella logos on the environments. I'm fine with spin-offs being different, but I have zero interest in playing this.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 1:17 pm

This is likely to suck.
But then again, it shouldn't because of Capcom.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 2:17 pm

They did say that if they ever make a new "Operation" game they'd make it themselves. They seemingly decided to change the name, though. I wonder if this is the "Operation Terrestial Fear" that was rumored a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 3:06 pm

I'd like to see more of how it controls. If its good then i would like to see this type of fluid movement
incorporated into a main series game. Of course that depends on how well it works.
As for the game itself, i like online multiplayer games so i might give it a shot. I doubt there's a story though. Sad
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 3:44 pm

I'll be playing it because i can't help myself sadly. I think people are pissed off mostly because a decent amount of us have been begging for Outbreak HD or a new Outbreak of some sort. So this does feel like a slap in the face to me. But it could be fun for a competitive shooter idk. I have to see more of it to deduce if it's going to officially be a turd in the RE turd bowl.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 6:49 pm

This will be the first Resident Evil title I do not buy. I have zero desire to spend money or show my support on this game.

If I wanted to play a pvp shooter I would spend money on one of the gazillion series that are built on that premises, not some want-to-be cash in.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 11:25 pm

Yeah i get that. But at the same time... if this is a good competitive shooter i see no reason not to play it just because of the skin it's in. I mean it doesn't even have Resident Evil stamped on it lol. Idk i mean damn... i want my Outbreaks back and i want RE2 right now! But what the hell, i'll give it a whirl. It's just a spin off title man. There are going to be annual releases of RE so i'm pretty confident they will make different styles of games to please different types of fans.

BUT i will note... this is not how you celebrate 20 years of RE. People have every right to be pissed about that and i maintain that notion.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 7:40 am

going for strike 2..............yes, I'm being pesimistic, deal with it
Back to top Go down
Progenitor
Cerberus
Cerberus
Progenitor

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 9:41 pm

I hope it has similar classes to ORC. I loved playing as the virus chick. Also I hope there's a story mode of some sort and possibly a Mercenaries-type side game.

This actually makes me want to break out the 360 and play some ORC. Though I've been cleaning the basement of a feed mill for the past couple days while listening to the Darkside Chronicles soundtrack and it has gotten me in any kind of an RE mood.

One day there will be an easily accessible Outbreak online experience. I just know it. /ramble
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 11:49 pm

I'm wondering if they have different classes.Oddly enough this does make me want to dust off my 360 copy of ORC as well lol.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 12:22 am

Since some of you are interested in the game, here's a live trailer that was uploaded yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 7:04 am

Oh so NOW it has the "Biohazard" title slapped into it. Shame. Not that I mind, it would've just been nice if it was just simply called "Umbrella Corps". Sweet trailer but what did that USS dude do at the end? You know, before getting a bullet to the back of the skull.

For further discussion, I wonder who these other people are. At first I thought the patch on their shoulders was the Spec-Ops insignia but apparently it's not the same.

Umbrella Corps Announced M5Qja3fYy0IY5QNx3chx8og Umbrella Corps Announced Umbcor10
Back to top Go down
Progenitor
Cerberus
Cerberus
Progenitor

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 5:00 pm

I hope it's not just some new made up throw away group.

I think it's cool they did a live action trailer, I always liked the cheesy live action RE stuff.

Do you know if it's only going to be on PS4?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 7:55 pm

Now that I've looked more into the game it's pretty certain these new peeps are just a random mercenary group. Would like to know if the group has a name, though.

Other pieces of information I dug out: the game is set around the fall of Umbrella, there is no single player mode and no returning characters. I'm guessing even the USS people are going to be just generic Umbrella corps. To attest to the games' non-canon factor, the stages will be taken from all around the series' timeline.

Progenitor wrote:

It's the only announced platform, in addition to PC, at the moment at least. Everything's subject to change, though.

Oh, and here's a gameplay video.

Renders of three unnamed characters:
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 12:12 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Now that I've looked more into the game it's pretty certain these new peeps are just a random mercenary group. Would like to know if the group has a name, though.

Other pieces of information I dug out: the game is set around the fall of Umbrella, there is no single player mode and no returning characters. I'm guessing even the USS people are going to be just generic Umbrella corps. To attest to the games' non-canon factor, the stages will be taken from all around the series' timeline.

Progenitor wrote:

It's the only announced platform, in addition to PC, at the moment at least. Everything's subject to change, though.

Oh, and here's a gameplay video.

Renders of three unnamed characters:

So wait... they are going to use stuff like the RPD and Spencer Mansion as maps?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 4:30 am

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
So wait... they are going to use stuff like the RPD and Spencer Mansion as maps?

Probably. They haven't announced any stages officially yet but you can rewatch the trailers to see if anything seems familiar.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 6:53 am

Looks like every generic multi-player shooter ever made to me. And no single player mode? Crapcom can kiss my grits.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 10:24 am

No lie, it kinda looks like Call of Duty: Zombies when it switches to first person.

Edit: Also, why do they have mountaineering axes? I mean knives are much lighter and less cumbersome.

Lara Croft has a mountaineering axe because she traverses walls with it and doubles it as a weapon; these guys just have it for the sake of it looking cool. I mean, are you really going to climb anywhere with that thing in a factory? What's the purpose?
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 4:30 pm

So the zombies just stand around staring at the walls until your jammer breaks, at which point you're probably almost dead anyway, and even then they were barely even a threat to the guy in the video. This sucks.

Vandal wrote:
No lie, it kinda looks like Call of Duty: Zombies when it switches to first person.

Edit: Also, why do they have mountaineering axes? I mean knives are much lighter and less cumbersome.

Lara Croft has a mountaineering axe because she traverses walls with it and doubles it as a weapon; these guys just have it for the sake of it looking cool. I mean, are you really going to climb anywhere with that thing in a factory? What's the purpose?

Look at 1:30 in EQOAnostalgia's video, they use it to grab a rail.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 4:44 pm

37 Narwhals wrote:
So the zombies just stand around staring at the walls until your jammer breaks, at which point you're probably almost dead anyway, and even then they were barely even a threat to the guy in the video. This sucks.

The footage is from an early, unfinished version. The game's not due till some time next year.

Still, I agree. Those are the most unresponsive zombies I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 3:06 am

Looks like Operation Raccoon City 2. Basketball

Not sure I care much for this. confused
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 6:54 am

37 Narwhals wrote:

Look at 1:30 in EQOAnostalgia's video, they use it to grab a rail.

I saw it in the trailer, but it's not a good justification to use it. Honestly it would be easier to just grab the rail with your hand, it wasn't that high of a jump, and there was a staircase on the left. It's not a reason to have a mountaineer axe.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 8:11 pm

So.. Umbrella Corps is not a "what-if" game apparently. It comes after re6 in the true timeline according to producers Masachika Kawata and James Vance. Also when asked what the game needs to do to better than other games their answer is "Being able to aim well and shoot other players is pretty key."

You can check out the article in its entirety HERE
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps Announced   Umbrella Corps Announced Empty

Back to top Go down

Umbrella Corps Announced
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next