HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil Revelations 2

Go down 
+32
Mcghie
greenblue
00biohazard
chrisredfielmusculo
gmc1992
Hollapeno
Valentine Fan
EQOAnostalgia
Mullet_Wesker
TwerkinBirkin
Kobalt
AzureSparkle
AWDCP
TeenWolf420
Bulls-3ye
DXP
Ssplain
sliced-bread-no2
RebelliousQueen
will1234562
sirjibbs323
TheBatMan
37 Narwhals
White Rock
PWNERX
DampRevil
Mass Distraction
ThomVD
Ghost Leader
PAULSAMSON
Known_Hero
Vandal
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 12:41 am

DXP wrote:
So far....again all I have seen is bitching on other forums and websites because of the digital only release first....oh and episodic structure...and of course the walking dead is overrated according to some people -_-

Look at it this way....what if Capcom turned round now and middle fingered us and said its only coming out in Japan because everyone is bitching about digital to begin with? Wouldn't the entire community explode? Digital or not be glad its actually coming out, was bad enough with all the Duel Destinies crap we got the bloody game but god...was the bitching high.(again not saying its from here)
Not as bad as the GTA community. They constantly bitch about regularly getting free DLC for GTA V! Seriously, who in their right mind complains about getting free shit? scratch
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 4:17 am

DampRevil wrote:
New details have been released regarding Resident Evil: Revelations 2. The game will be released in episodic parts, 4 to be exact, that will release weekly. Each episode will cost $5.99, and will provide hours of gameplay. A seasons pass will also be available for $24.99. A retail version will be released after all 4 episodes for $40 and is said to include additional content. Several new screen shots and renders have been released. You can check them out on the official Resident Evil Facebook page.

I am concerned with the episodic releases and their prices. With each episode priced at $5.99, I'm worried that each episode may not be that long. Even the retail disc is only $40, compared to the typical $60 price tag.

Sweet info, as always. Thanks for that. How many episodes was the first Revelations? I'm surprised that they decided to go with an episodic release on RER2 but since the first one was also episodic in nature I'm not too concerned. I'm gonna go for the retail version, I just hope it does have $15 worth of extra content in it.

Ghost Leader wrote:
DXP wrote:
So far....again all I have seen is bitching on other forums and websites because of the digital only release first....oh and episodic structure...and of course the walking dead is overrated according to some people -_-

Look at it this way....what if Capcom turned round now and middle fingered us and said its only coming out in Japan because everyone is bitching about digital to begin with? Wouldn't the entire community explode? Digital or not be glad its actually coming out, was bad enough with all the Duel Destinies crap we got the bloody game but god...was the bitching high.(again not saying its from here)
Not as bad as the GTA community. They constantly bitch about regularly getting free DLC for GTA V! Seriously, who in their right mind complains about getting free shit? scratch

A lot of people. That's what I hate aboutt he internet, even if you're getting something completely free of charge there will be a bunch of people complaining about every single thing anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 4:45 am

No problem, always happy to post information as I find it. Speaking of information, the first official trailer was released this morning! The game looks amazing! And by the way, Alyson Court is not voicing Claire. Claire only says two words in the trailer, but it's evident that she got a new voice actor. Either way, the game looks really good! I'll post the trailer below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDIxSsPD0OE
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 5:19 am

Was the trailer added to that article you posted on the previous page later? Since it had the trailer when I checked it a while ago.

EDIT: Oh, wait, yes it was. It says update just before it.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 6:58 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
DampRevil wrote:
New details have been released regarding Resident Evil: Revelations 2. The game will be released in episodic parts, 4 to be exact, that will release weekly. Each episode will cost $5.99, and will provide hours of gameplay. A seasons pass will also be available for $24.99. A retail version will be released after all 4 episodes for $40 and is said to include additional content. Several new screen shots and renders have been released. You can check them out on the official Resident Evil Facebook page.

I am concerned with the episodic releases and their prices. With each episode priced at $5.99, I'm worried that each episode may not be that long. Even the retail disc is only $40, compared to the typical $60 price tag.

Sweet info, as always. Thanks for that. How many episodes was the first Revelations? I'm surprised that they decided to go with an episodic release on RER2 but since the first one was also episodic in nature I'm not too concerned. I'm gonna go for the retail version, I just hope it does have $15 worth of extra content in it.
I think there was like 12 or 13, but if you cut all the chapters where you play as Chris, Grinder, and Parker, maybe it'll even out? All those chapters were to appease action fans for the most part anyway. I think I'm going to get the episodic release, and if I really love it then I'll throw Capcom more money for doing something good for a while. As of now, I think the episodic release is a great idea for this series, it wouldn't work with any other IP they have.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 7:53 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I think it would be rather weird if she couldn't. I mean, if I was Claire and came by a multitude of weapons (which is inevitable) I'd sure as hell would love to have someone covering my back, other than jamming health syringes in my butt. It would also make co-op cumbersome.
xD Guess will have to wait and see.

Also, some new renders:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 8:33 am

Looks like Moira will at least be able to use melee weapons. I'm completely okay with that as long as she is not entirely unarmed.

By the way, it seems Claire indeed has a big importance to the story, other than being the main character, since in the trailer you can hear the kidnappers shout her name.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 9:09 am

DXP wrote:
.and of course the walking dead is overrated according to some people -_-

Everything is overrated according to some people. TWD,TLOU, Uncharted, GTA, the list goes on and on. Not everybody is going to like everything. Basic philosophy of human nature.

Quote :
Look at it this way....what if Capcom turned round now and middle fingered us and said its only coming out in Japan because everyone is bitching about digital to begin with? Wouldn't the entire community explode? Digital or not be glad its actually coming out,

I've always hated this "be happy" mentality. Capcom isn't doing this from the kindness of their hearts; it's a business move. Capcom has screwed the player community over for years. You can't blame people for being skeptical.

I personally don't care about the episodic thing(it seems braindead stupid but whatever). I am however a bit disappointed that this isn't a full fledged AAA quality game. It appears to be on the same level as Rev1 in terms of scope. It should've been 2x as big! I have a feeling this game was oringally made for the PS3/360 and ported over to the PS4/ONE at the last minute.

My hype level went from a 9.5 to a 7. Despite my reservations, I'm still excited to be playing a sequel to one of my all time fav RE titles. Plus, we're finally getting Lady Redfield back! I just hope this game doesn't turn out to be a babysitting simulator.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 12:50 pm

Well judging from the fact that a co-op element is in place, I doubt player 1 will have to babysit player 2.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 1:55 pm

will1234562 wrote:
Also, some new renders:
Spoiler:

Nice renders, Claire looks so badass with that shotgun! However, has anyone noticed the render quality isn't that nice? It looks like they were created for a PS2 game. Maybe it's just me?

Mass Distraction wrote:
Looks like Moira will at least be able to use melee weapons. I'm completely okay with that as long as she is not entirely unarmed.

By the way, it seems Claire indeed has a big importance to the story, other than being the main character, since in the trailer you can hear the kidnappers shout her name.

I always had the feeling that Moira wouldn't be completely defenseless. I believe it was already stated she can preform stealth kills, I think she just can't use firearms.

It does appear that Claire does has more importance aside from being the main character. The group is targeting her, and like you said, they know her name. Just a shot in the dark here, but maybe Claire is the head of TerraSave now and is being targeted by a terrorist group? But then again, they don't look like terrorists. Maybe TerraSave is being mistaken as the terrorists.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 2:06 pm

Yeah, I'm seeing it too. The renders don't look remarkable, or eye-popping realistic. Definitely not the kind of graphics I'd expect when I play it on my supposedly "next gen" console.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 2:39 pm

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's noticed that. Revelations 2 is a "next gen" game, but the quality just isn't there. Here's a comparison of Revelations and Revelations 2.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Maybe this isn't what the final version will look like? Either Capcom's being really cheap, or they just don't have the money to spend on visuals.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 4:39 pm

I think they're being cheap. They don't really have a lot of money in the bank after all.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 5:07 pm

I really hope that isn't the case. The more I think about it, the more I think Capcom isn't taking this game seriously. It feels like Capcom is just trying to throw together a short and quick game that'll bring in some extra cash while making Claire fans happy.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 5:44 pm

In regards to Claire being targeted by the assumed terrorist; she is the sister of the legendary Chris Redfield, she is a survivor of Raccoon City and also works for Terra Save. Most bio-terrorist group probably know who she is.

It will be interesting to see how they explore that dynamic, if at all. The situation could make for one of the better plots we have had in the past decade, even if the game is short.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 2:05 am

I honestly don't care if the game is being made on the conditions of previous gen as long as its fun. And honestly, when a game releases for both previous and current gen there's no reason to expect it'd look like a current gen game.

This just popped on my facebook front page: http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2014/09/11/resident-evil-revelations-2---first-trailer

At the end it says Season Pass will include additional content and that the retail version will include exclusive additional content (in addition to the season pass DLC), or at least content not included in the season pass. It specifies this content as "gameplay content" so it's not just gonna be extra costumes and such.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 10:41 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I honestly don't care if the game is being made on the conditions of previous gen as long as its fun. And honestly, when a game releases for both previous and current gen there's no reason to expect it'd look like a current gen game.

This just popped on my facebook front page: http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2014/09/11/resident-evil-revelations-2---first-trailer

At the end it says Season Pass will include additional content and that the retail version will include exclusive additional content (in addition to the season pass DLC), or at least content not included in the season pass. It specifies this content as "gameplay content" so it's not just gonna be extra costumes and such.

I have absolutely no problems of the last/current gen situation........those passes and dlcs are the things that bother me
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 11:47 am

Just in general, I'm looking ar Resident Evil revelations 2 like a TV series. Episodes come out, you enjoy them, and then when the DVD box set comes out it comes with extras.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 3:26 pm

I agree with you Vandal. I'm still going to very much enjoy Revelations 2 with the episodic releases, my problem is the cheap price. However, The Walking Dead episodes are priced at about $5 and you get about 2-3 hours of gameplay from them. If that's the case with Revelations 2, then I'll be happy.

On another topic, I did an analysis for the Resident Evil: Revelations 2 trailer. You can check out my findings below. The screen shots are in no particular order, but they are worth mentioning.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by DampRevil on Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 7:52 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 10:22 pm

You mean Tricell? That's who Jessica and Raymond were working for during the events of the first Revelations. While that's a good theory, Tricell went under in 2009. Revelations 2 takes place in 2011, so I don't think we'll be seeing Tricell this time around.

My guess is that, in typical Resident Evil fashion, this game will feature a brand new group of antagonists. That's just the way Resident Evil works these days. And especially since Jill and Chris won't be returning for the sequel, I doubt there will be any links between the two stories. Also, Revelations 2 takes place six years after the first Revelations. I think it would feel very random if Jessica and Raymond just showed up out of nowhere. Jessica expressed her interest in the B.S.A.A., so I don't see why she would be attacking Terra Save. She could be targeting Claire specifically because of her relation to Chris, but seeming as if Chris isn't in the game, that would also seem very random.

I'm thinking the antagonist will be very similar to Jack Norman. Much like Jack, the new antagonist is going to be opposed to something that Terra Save is doing and they're targeting Claire for it. Just based off the footage and details so far, that seems to be the case.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 3:41 am

DampRevil wrote:
Remember the rumor about Enhanced Veronica that surfaced awhile back? It stated that there was three characters, two who haven't been seen in a decade and one who was mentioned, but never made an appearance. Claire, Moira, and Barry are the characters that seem to fit that description. With the other similarities to Resident Evil: Code Veronica, I'm inclined to believe that the virus in this game may by an enhanced version of the Veronica virus.

Since this game takes place before RE6, I wonder if it's going to explain how T-Veronica got into the hands of Simmons and eventually being a part of the C-virus.

DampRevil wrote:
Spoiler:

That looks like human skin as part of his clothing or something. Maybe these creatures have something to do with the torturing, ala Hills Have Eyes.

DampRevil wrote:
Spoiler:

It says 02, not 20.

As for the latter being a cutscene, it still seems to be an in-game cutscene.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 11:36 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Since this game takes place before RE6, I wonder if it's going to explain how T-Veronica got into the hands of Simmons and eventually being a part of the C-virus.
It was explained how Simmon's acquired the t-Veronica virus, Carla gave it to him. However, it was never explained how Carla got the virus. I don't think Revelations 2 will explain that though, because Carla acquired and perfected the Veronica virus in 2001. With Revelations 2 taking place 10 years later, I don't think there will be much of a connection.

Mass Distraction wrote:
That looks like human skin as part of his clothing or something. Maybe these creatures have something to do with the torturing, ala Hills Have Eyes.
That seems interesting. They are called the Afflicted after all. Seeming as if "afflicted" means to cause pain and suffering for others, that seems to make sense.

Mass Distraction wrote:
It says 02, not 20.

As for the latter being a cutscene, it still seems to be an in-game cutscene.
It does say 20, you're looking at it upside down. If Claire turned her wrist right-side up it would say 20.

While it could be an in-game cutscene, both Claire and Moira's bracelets are orange. Unless it's just a coincidence that both Claire and Moira's health happen to be low when Capcom took the picture.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 12:33 pm

DampRevil wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
It was explained how Simmon's acquired the t-Veronica virus, Carla gave it to him. However, it was never explained how Carla got the virus. I don't think Revelations 2 will explain that though, because Carla acquired and perfected the Veronica virus in 2001. With Revelations 2 taking place 10 years later, I don't think there will be much of a connection.
Oh well. I guess there could still be something on how it was connected with the G-virus collected from Sherry to create C or something. I would just like to see some connection to other events.

DampRevil wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
It says 02, not 20.
It does say 20, you're looking at it upside down. If Claire turned her wrist right-side up it would say 20.
I'm pretty sure it says 02. It's more of a regular 2 than a digital 2. Just look, it has a sharp angle at the bottom and the upper part seems to be rounded.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 1:36 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Oh well. I guess there could still be something on how it was connected with the G-virus collected from Sherry to create C or something. I would just like to see some connection to other events.
We may or may not see any connection. My best guess is that this game will be like the first. It's going to be a stand-alone story that has little to no connections to any other stories in the series.

Mass Distraction wrote:
I'm pretty sure it says 02. It's more of a regular 2 than a digital 2. Just look, it has a sharp angle at the bottom and the upper part seems to be rounded.
I just looked at it closer, and you're correct. Now I'm wondering if that number is a prisoner identification number, similar to the ones featured in Code Veronica. Another interesting feature of the bracelet is that it has a speaker built into it. The antagonist is able to communicate with Claire and Moira through it.

I also found out another interesting plot detail. I'll put it in a spoiler box just in case some people don't want to know. Don't worry, it's nothing that's going to ruin the game, I just don't want to post it without any warning.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil Revelations 2
Page 5 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next