Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil Revelations 2

Go down 
+7
Mass Distraction
PWNERX
TyrantSteve
Ssplain
MSR
37 Narwhals
S.Winters
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

Resident Evil Revelations 2 Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 1:48 pm

So a couple months back I played Revelations 2.

What did everyone think of their playthroughs?

What did you like most?

What did you like the least?

What absolutely pissed you off?

What did you think could be better?

Did you buy it in chapters or did you purchase the full game all at once?

Were you too scared to play alone?

There you go, plenty to discuss. Get on it. ^-^
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 3:59 pm

S.Winters wrote:
I thought it was pretty good. Not amazing but it's a better sequel to RE5 than RE6 was.

S.Winters wrote:
What did you like most?
I liked how they toned down the action in this one, no crazy stunts here and it feels more down to earth as a result.

S.Winters wrote:
The stealth mechanics. While I'm not opposed to the idea of including them, they're too simplistic (and generic), so they rob the game of any tension whenever stealth is an option without really adding anything of value IMO.

S.Winters wrote:
The invisible insects in Barry's segments were sooo annoying.

S.Winters wrote:
I thought most of the enemies weren't very interesting. Also, Neil Fisher's plan was stupid.

S.Winters wrote:
A friend rented it from GameFly for me, although I plan to buy my own physical copy at some point.

S.Winters wrote:
Unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to play alone.
Back to top Go down
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 4:20 pm

37 Narwhals wrote:
S.Winters wrote:

I thought it was pretty good. Not amazing but it's a better sequel to RE5 than RE6 was.

I never thought of it that way, but it does make sense. Although, I did enjoy the way all of RE6's story lines melded together.

37 Narwhals wrote:
S.Winters wrote:
What did you like most?
I liked how they toned down the action in this one, no crazy stunts here and it feels more down to earth as a result.

Yeah, I get that. Much better than those crazy quick time events in 5.

37 Narwhals wrote:
S.Winters wrote:
The stealth mechanics. While I'm not opposed to the idea of including them, they're too simplistic (and generic), so they rob the game of any tension whenever stealth is an option without really adding anything of value IMO.

I was ALWAYS sneaking..

37 Narwhals wrote:
S.Winters wrote:

Yeah.. I agree, those were the worst. Natalia was kinda crappy at pointing them out sometimes. I remember dying a lot when you were going through that waterway and you weren't right next to Natalia.

37 Narwhals wrote:
S.Winters wrote:
I thought most of the enemies weren't very interesting. Also, Neil Fisher's plan was stupid.

He was a little stupid. Ha ha.

37 Narwhals wrote:
S.Winters wrote:
A friend rented it from GameFly for me, although I plan to buy my own physical copy at some point.

We rented ours as well. But I also saw on the XB marketplace, but they were only selling the chapters and I decided not to go crazy and do it that way.

37 Narwhals wrote:
S.Winters wrote:
Unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to play alone.

I was terrified.. I couldn't play it by myself.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 5:23 pm

S.Winters wrote:
I never thought of it that way, but it does make sense. Although, I did enjoy the way all of RE6's story lines melded together.
Yeah, it's always nice seeing what the other characters are doing throughout the story, kind of like RE2 or even RE4's Separate ways scenario.

S.Winters wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
S.Winters wrote:

I was ALWAYS sneaking..

Did you like the stealth mechanic or were you just doing it because it's always a smarter choice to try sneaking first? I mean, stealth games can be pretty tense, especially when it's not obvious whether or not an enemy will see you or not (such as when there's camouflage or lighting/sound mechanics that affect the enemies). But in Rev 2 it was just too easy for me to kill everything in a room without much challenge when I used stealth kills.  

S.Winters wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
S.Winters wrote:

Yeah.. I agree, those were the worst. Natalia was kinda crappy at pointing them out sometimes. I remember dying a lot when you were going through that waterway and you weren't right next to Natalia.
Yeah, the worst part for me was near the end when you have to fight them together with other enemies. So then there would be a bunch of monsters right behind me and here I am wasting my ammo on a wall. Eventually I just started saving all of my explosives for the bugs.
Back to top Go down
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 5:47 pm

37 Narwhals wrote:
S.Winters wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
S.Winters wrote:

I was ALWAYS sneaking..

Did you like the stealth mechanic or were you just doing it because it's always a smarter choice to try sneaking first? I mean, stealth games can be pretty tense, especially when it's not obvious whether or not an enemy will see you or not (such as when there's camouflage or lighting/sound mechanics that affect the enemies). But in Rev 2 it was just too easy for me to kill everything in a room without much challenge when I used stealth kills.

I usually like to make smarter choices when fighting things. I think I was using stealth more with Natalia and Barry because she could sense the enemies. For some reason I was usually running lower on supplies with Claire and Moira than Barry and Natalia. I can't remember how often I used the stealth to be sneaky. Maybe I used to most out of fear that the enemies would come and run up on me.

37 Narwhals wrote:
S.Winters wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
S.Winters wrote:

Yeah, the worst part for me was near the end when you have to fight them together with other enemies. So then there would be a bunch of monsters right behind me and here I am wasting my ammo on a wall. Eventually I just started saving all of my explosives for the bugs.

Ha ha. That works too. But I really wanted to keep the explosives if I ran out of ammo.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 12:26 am

S.Winters wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
S.Winters wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
S.Winters wrote:

I was ALWAYS sneaking..

I usually like to make smarter choices when fighting things. I think I was using stealth more with Natalia and Barry because she could sense the enemies. For some reason I was usually running lower on supplies with Claire and Moira than Barry and Natalia. I can't remember how often I used the stealth to be sneaky. Maybe I used to most out of fear that the enemies would come and run up on me.
Now that you mention it I didn't really use any stealth as Claire/Moira either. Somehow it just never crossed my mind.
Back to top Go down
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 12:34 am

37 Narwhals wrote:
S.Winters wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
S.Winters wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
S.Winters wrote:

I was ALWAYS sneaking..

Now that you mention it I didn't really use any stealth as Claire/Moira either. Somehow it just never crossed my mind.

Honestly, I used Moira A LOT. Everytime I was low on Claire health, I'd switch to Moira in hopes of finding something to heal Claire if she was dangerously low on health. Really added to the fear factor.

Though there was a lot to find with Moira's flashlight..
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 3:44 pm

This is a little random, but Teh Spike is actually looking forward to seeing little Nattie show up as a possible antagonist of a future title. Keeping in mind the whole "Alex" aspect, she could make a cool antagonist in the future. Possibly my fav pick other than Nicholai at the moment.

The dodging in REV2 is useful. And it's not random. I often forget to even use it however.

Which control shemes does everyone use? TehSpike play C-1. it's the "classic" RE control scheme. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 5:40 pm

MSR wrote:
Which control shemes does everyone use? TehSpike play C-1. it's the "classic" RE control scheme. Very Happy

It's been too long since I played it. I probably used the default controls. I'm not really one to change the controls. If it's not broken, why fix it?
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 3:58 pm

S.Winters wrote:
If it's not broken, why fix it?

Exactly. Which is why Teh Spike uses the classic control scheme instead of just trying to get used to the awful default control schemes that Capcom usually puts there cause they know idiot #1 and idiot #2 are just too lazy to change the controls and will just drop the game and go back to Call Of Duty, while they know Teh Spike will go out of his way to use the now optional classic control scheme to enjoy the game. Although a lot of RE fans don't even really seem to care about the controls so to each their own. Whichever control scheme allows one to kick zombie and BOW ass, then go for it!
Back to top Go down
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 4:40 pm

MSR wrote:
S.Winters wrote:
If it's not broken, why fix it?

Exactly. Which is why Teh Spike uses the classic control scheme instead of just trying to get used to the awful default control schemes that Capcom usually puts there cause they know idiot #1 and idiot #2 are just too lazy to change the controls and will just drop the game and go back to Call Of Duty, while they know Teh Spike will go out of his way to use the now optional classic control scheme to enjoy the game. Although a lot of RE fans don't even really seem to care about the controls so to each their own. Whichever control scheme allows one to kick zombie and BOW ass, then go for it!

Maybe I was too lazy to change it. Or maybe I like the challenge? I dunno. Screw that COD bs.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 6:29 am

I used the default and I actually liked it a lot. The controls in Rev2 felt pretty smooth for the most part. I really loved how it felt sneaking around.

Now the original Revelations felt butter smooth but you didn't have as much freedom and you were in more claustrophobic areas.

I would be perfectly happy with either going forward, but I enjoyed the first revelations controls slightly more.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 12:45 pm

I didn't plat that much of the first one. What I had played of it wasn't that great. It'd probably better on console than DS though.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 8:17 pm

S.Winters wrote:
I didn't plat that much of the first one. What I had played of it wasn't that great. It'd probably better on console than DS though.

Maybe you never really took the time and/or made the effort to appreciate it when you had played it on DS. Just a theory cuz it was really enjoyable that first time on handheld, although Teh Spike would easily recommend it on console too.

Regarding REV2...the controls are nice, sorta like a blend of REV1 and RE6. The dodge system has proven SUPER EFFECTIVE, although I often forget to use it. Call me a traditionalist, but Teh_Spike enjoys the classic tank controls. Just because they aren't user friendly doesn't make them bad.
Back to top Go down
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:05 am

MSR wrote:
S.Winters wrote:

Maybe you never really took the time and/or made the effort to appreciate it when you had played it on DS. Just a theory cuz it was really enjoyable that first time on handheld, although Teh Spike would easily recommend it on console too.

Regarding REV2...the controls are nice, sorta like a blend of REV1 and RE6. The dodge system has proven SUPER EFFECTIVE, although I often forget to use it. Call me a traditionalist, but Teh_Spike enjoys the classic tank controls. Just because they aren't user friendly doesn't make them bad.

Meh. You didn't let me play enough. It's your fault. I just like bigger screens. But I do have a super cute pink DS though. <3
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 2:03 pm

S.Winters wrote:
MSR wrote:
S.Winters wrote:

Meh. You didn't let me play enough. It's your fault. I just like bigger screens. But I do have a super cute pink DS though. <3

But that's the only DS that was out at the time...
Back to top Go down
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 1:42 pm

MSR wrote:
S.Winters wrote:
MSR wrote:
S.Winters wrote:

But that's the only DS that was out at the time...

Console it is, then! ^-^
Back to top Go down
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 1:06 pm

It should've been called "Resident Evil: Redemption" because that's what it was for me. It was a redemption of the series - the first time in YEARS that I felt like I was actually playing a Resident Evil game. Apart from them canning Alyson, it was the best main Resident Evil since Code Veronica! I could be quite happy if they made them like this for the foreseeable future.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 8:18 pm

I'm going to wait for a 2nd Revelations sequel starring Rebecca Chambers. It'd be nice to see what Capcom could do with the unused and popular characters that haven't been in any kind of light for almost 20 years.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 2:50 am

I'm kinda hoping that's going to be main deal with the Revelations series from now on. At least the name would imply so.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 10:34 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I'm kinda hoping that's going to be main deal with the Revelations series from now on. At least the name would imply so.

well, no one can deny that from the lastest releases REV 1 and 2 were the best overall
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 10:22 am

I like how Alex (as Natalia) could rule the world.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 11:17 am

White Rock wrote:
I like how Alex (as Natalia) could rule the world.

Nah, the power of beard is too strong to be ruled by tyranny.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 4:54 pm

My biggest and one of my only gripes with this game is the fact that, at least on pc, you can't start a "clean" run. Your inventory from previous playthroughs will always carry over unless you go into your game files and manipulate the save file.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 9:38 am

I noticed that too, Ssplain. But I have it on the Xbox 360. When I started a new game, my items carried over. I stupidly died at the part with the flamethrower statue thing. I did not remember to move it so a bunch of Afflicted just killed me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil Revelations 2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next