HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil Revelations 2

Go down 
+32
Mcghie
greenblue
00biohazard
chrisredfielmusculo
gmc1992
Hollapeno
Valentine Fan
EQOAnostalgia
Mullet_Wesker
TwerkinBirkin
Kobalt
AzureSparkle
AWDCP
TeenWolf420
Bulls-3ye
DXP
Ssplain
sliced-bread-no2
RebelliousQueen
will1234562
sirjibbs323
TheBatMan
37 Narwhals
White Rock
PWNERX
DampRevil
Mass Distraction
ThomVD
Ghost Leader
PAULSAMSON
Known_Hero
Vandal
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 10:31 am

I'm excited, but I'm also reserving myself. I've been burned before by Capcom, especially on the Resident Evil front. Hard to believe that the last Resident Evil came out two years ago.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 1:36 pm

So, this game is coming out in Q1 2015? That seems kinda early.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 1:45 pm

Known_Hero wrote:

is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 2:02 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Known_Hero wrote:

Time will tell, my friend.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 3:00 pm

Ssplain wrote:
I hope they don't hunch awkwardly like they did in re6.
It looks like Claire is, but maybe it's just the picture. I guess we'll find out next week!

Mass Distraction wrote:
Or they just left it out of promotional pictures.
Perhaps. The screenshots look like straight game-play though. In the first Revelations, there isn't any HUD except for when the player cycles through weapons or aims their weapon.

Mass Distraction wrote:
Didn't that one article state that Moira's job is to keep Claire alive? It would seem Claire is a more important piece of the puzzle than Moira is. Of course, I could be misinterpreting the meaning of that sentence but it may be something after all.
I believe that statement was referring to game-play because along with that statement, the producer stated the Moira's role is to supply Claire with herbs. It seemed like it was implied that Moira is going to act as a "pack mule", if you will.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 4:01 pm

Known_Hero wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
Known_Hero wrote:

Time will tell, my friend.

Always looking at the bright side right? Razz

Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 9:59 pm

I know this is a little late to discuss now, but I'm not sure if I ever posted my reaction to Claire being the leading character in Revelations 2. Basically, my reactions are posted below in the order of how they occurred.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 9:57 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Moira being unable to fight isn't granted yet. She may play a supporting role but there's still a chance she'll be able to use at least some form of a weapon.
Well, if you read the text on the picture I posted, it says that Moira can't use weapons, so I doubt it. It might change as the plot progresses,but I doubt it.

DampRevil wrote:
I believe that statement was referring to game-play because along with that statement, the producer stated the Moira's role is to supply Claire with herbs. It seemed like it was implied that Moira is going to act as a "pack mule", if you will.
I agree, but I'm not particularly happy about it. The whole concept of only one of the character being able to fight is not really my type. The "weaker" character might make the game pretty troublesome. Plus, I don't think the co-op will be as fun, compared if both could use weapons.

Also, I just noticed - the plot so far is that they get kidnapped and end up on an island,in a prison...isn't that pretty much Code Veronica so far?
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 5:31 pm

The limited plot we have so far does suggest similarities with Code Veronica. I personally am okay with it. Islands are secluded and make for a great horror setting. It opens up many aspects to a decent survival situation.

I do wonder if they will have a raid mode in this one. I prefer my story modes single player, but I am all for having a blast in multi-player after I have beat the game. Raid Mode mode was a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 7:17 pm

will1234562 wrote:
I agree, but I'm not particularly happy about it. The whole concept of only one of the character being able to fight is not really my type. The "weaker" character might make the game pretty troublesome. Plus, I don't think the co-op will be as fun, compared if both could use weapons.

Also, I just noticed - the plot so far is that they get kidnapped and end up on an island,in a prison...isn't that pretty much Code Veronica so far?

I suspect that not many people will play Revelations 2 in co-op, for the same reasons you mentioned. I don't think too many people will want to play as Moira and just watch Claire kill everything. That doesn't sound very appealing.

About the story, I have noticed that as well. I'm assuming there will be many differences in the plot though. I guess we'll know more as more plot information becomes available.

Ssplain wrote:
I do wonder if they will have a raid mode in this one. I prefer my story modes single player, but I am all for having a blast in multi-player after I have beat the game. Raid Mode mode was a lot of fun.

I really hope Raid Mode returns, it was absolutely amazing in the first Revelations. However, so far we only know of two characters in the game, Claire and Moira, and Moira can't use firearms. That really only leaves Claire as a playable character in Raid Mode. Though I'm sure there will be more characters other than Claire and Moira.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 10:33 pm

DampRevil wrote:
will1234562 wrote:

I suspect that not many people will play Revelations 2 in co-op, for the same reasons you mentioned. I don't think too many people will want to play as Moira and just watch Claire kill everything. That doesn't sound very appealing.

About the story, I have noticed that as well. I'm assuming there will be many differences in the plot though. I guess we'll know more as more plot information becomes available.

Ssplain wrote:

I really hope Raid Mode returns, it was absolutely amazing in the first Revelations. However, so far we only know of two characters in the game, Claire and Moira, and Moira can't use firearms. That really only leaves Claire as a playable character in Raid Mode. Though I'm sure there will be more characters other than Claire and Moira.

Barry would almost certainly be another playable character, if they do include raid mode. The antagonist would likely be included as playable characters as we have seen in the past also.

Love the new avatar btw Damp!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 2:06 am

DampRevil wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Or they just left it out of promotional pictures.
Perhaps. The screenshots look like straight game-play though. In the first Revelations, there isn't any HUD except for when the player cycles through weapons or aims their weapon.
Or it's just demo footage that is still missing bits and pieces.

will1234562 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Moira being unable to fight isn't granted yet. She may play a supporting role but there's still a chance she'll be able to use at least some form of a weapon.
Well, if you read the text on the picture I posted, it says that Moira can't use weapons, so I doubt it. It might change as the plot progresses,but I doubt it.
I think it would be rather weird if she couldn't. I mean, if I was Claire and came by a multitude of weapons (which is inevitable) I'd sure as hell would love to have someone covering my back, other than jamming health syringes in my butt. It would also make co-op cumbersome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 11:19 am

New details have been released regarding Resident Evil: Revelations 2. The game will be released in episodic parts, 4 to be exact, that will release weekly. Each episode will cost $5.99, and will provide hours of gameplay. A seasons pass will also be available for $24.99. A retail version will be released after all 4 episodes for $40 and is said to include additional content. Several new screen shots and renders have been released. You can check them out on the official Resident Evil Facebook page.

I am concerned with the episodic releases and their prices. With each episode priced at $5.99, I'm worried that each episode may not be that long. Even the retail disc is only $40, compared to the typical $60 price tag.

Last edited by DampRevil on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:55 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 11:48 am

I was thinking the same thing about the price. That is very cheap. I just hope they don't try to drowned us with DLC later on to make up for it :p.

Nice post though, I am still excited about the game! Can't wait for more news!
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 11:54 am

I know that Tell Tales "The Walking Dead" game series features the same episodic content release. Each one of the episodes is about 2-3 hours each. My concern is how will Capcom handle it? Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape were $5.99 each and look how short they were. Capcom claimed Lost in Nightmares would take about 2 hours to beat, and it maybe took me 30 minutes to complete it.

Other than that though, I'm really liking what I'm seeing of this game so far! I do believe Capcom when they say that Revelations 2 will be more survival horror focused!
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 2:21 pm

The Resident Evil Facebook released official screens as well as how the game is going to be released. It sounds significantly shorter than the original Revelations.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.840548815966007.1073741840.185275861493309&type=1

Quote :
Resident Evil Revelations 2 will be available in 4 downloadable episodes priced at €5.99/$5.99 per episode. A digital download of the Complete Season will be made available for €24.99/$24.99 and a retail boxed version will follow (pricing dependent to the specific retailer).
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 3:03 pm

That's what I was saying earlier. The episodic releases have me thinking that Revelations 2 is going to be a very short game. The game being only $40 also goes to speak on it's length and probably the quality as well.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 3:04 pm

Ah, didn't see it. Wasn't really paying attention to the posts to be perfectly honest.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 3:11 pm

No worries. I asked the official Resident Evil Twitter account about the games length. I doubt they'll respond, but it's worth a shot.

If Revelations 2 isn't at least 8 hours in length, I'm going to be pretty upset.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 3:47 pm

DampRevil wrote:
No worries. I asked the official Resident Evil Twitter account about the games length. I doubt they'll respond, but it's worth a shot.

If Revelations 2 isn't at least 8 hours in length, I'm going to be pretty upset.
Y'know, looking back at Revelations 1, the game should be episodic. But not 4 chapters. I think it should be just a continuous thing that they work on. Have like 25 episodes, download each one, for like $2.99 and then release the full version a year later with extra content. 4 Episodes for $5.99, with possibly each one being two hours long doesn't seem like a good idea. So I guess I'm saying even if the total length is 12 hours, I'd much rather it be an episodic series that can last years if need be.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 7:21 pm

it will be released periodically?

Last edited by PAULSAMSON on Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 7:52 pm

The Episodic thing worked for Revelations 1 because it was originally a 3DS title. You can tell it was made to be played in short burst. Some of the episodes only lasted a few minutes. On the consoles, it felt awkward and jarring. It was one of my biggest gripes with Rev but I gave it a pass because it was a port of an handheld game.

I'm sure the episodes are going to be longer in Rev2 but the $25 price tag scares me. I was hoping for a full, expansive, true next gen experience. It doesn't seem like we're going to get that Sad
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 9:23 pm

Vandal wrote:
Y'know, looking back at Revelations 1, the game should be episodic. But not 4 chapters. I think it should be just a continuous thing that they work on. Have like 25 episodes, download each one, for like $2.99 and then release the full version a year later with extra content. 4 Episodes for $5.99, with possibly each one being two hours long doesn't seem like a good idea. So I guess I'm saying even if the total length is 12 hours, I'd much rather it be an episodic series that can last years if need be.
I definitely agree that Revelations 2 needs to follow the episode system that was in the first Revelations, but I don't think it should be released in downloadable parts. I'm not too upset that it's being released in 4 parts now, only because the episodes are being released weekly. The idea of the game being released in parts over the course of an entire year doesn't appeal to me. I think I would riot if that were the case. I like having the full experience in one playthrough, not having to wait for weeks to play the next part. I would rather have Capcom just give us the option to buy the retail disc on day one. But again, I'm not stressing too much since the game is being released weekly.

PAULSAMSON wrote:
I respect your idea, but I hope they don't go that way. I want them to do a complete thing from start to finish, considering the love/hate relationship that fans have with both RE and Capcom nowadays I think that will be a mess, cause after the first episode everyone will point out the crappy things and we all know how RE games went when they tried to please everyone.
That's a good point. If people don't enjoy the first episode, they're not going to feel inclined to buy the other three.

Known_Hero wrote:
The Episodic thing worked for Revelations 1 because it was originally a 3DS title. You can tell it was made to be played in short burst. Some of the episodes only lasted a few minutes. On the consoles, it felt awkward and jarring. It was one of my biggest gripes with Rev but I gave it a pass because it was a port of an handheld game.

I'm sure the episodes are going to be longer in Rev2 but the $25 price tag scares me. I was hoping for a full, expansive, true next gen experience. It doesn't seem like we're going to get that Sad
The Seasons Pass is $25, the actual retail version is $40. The first Revelations costed $40, so maybe the two games will be about the same length.

My only concern for the game is the episodic releases. Not even so much the releases, but more so how it's going to affect the length and quality of the game. With each episode being $5, there's no way these chapters are going to be 2-3 hours in length. Sure companies like Tell Tale may do that, but this is Capcom. Unless Capcom has a sudden change of heart and plans on being reasonable for a change, I'm only expecting each episode to be about an hour. In short, this seems like another typical way for Capcom to get some quick cash. Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but this whole episodic thing has got my nerves frazzled. If this was coming from any other company I'd be fine, but since it's from Capcom, I'm reluctant to believe anything they say.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 11:28 pm

I got told yesterday that another trailer is coming out today that will show what happened before the start of Rev 2:

Spoiler:

So far....again all I have seen is bitching on other forums and websites because of the digital only release first....oh and episodic structure...and of course the walking dead is overrated according to some people -_-

Look at it this way....what if Capcom turned round now and middle fingered us and said its only coming out in Japan because everyone is bitching about digital to begin with? Wouldn't the entire community explode? Digital or not be glad its actually coming out, was bad enough with all the Duel Destinies crap we got the bloody game but god...was the bitching high.(again not saying its from here)

I personally think the episode structure will work nicely, think about it for a second this is Capcom's first attempt at doing a game in this way. And despite how I feel about them as of late(not letting RE6 go) they should be given a chance to prove themselves before bitching about it.

From what i've seen and what I got told before this info got released i'm happy we get too see another Burton I just hope Moria herself obtained the infamous lines that her dad uses...and of course if we get to play as Barry well I will be happy....very bloody happy. Can't also wait too see and play as Claire once again despite her age i'm happy she still retains her colours from the previous games.

Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 11:44 pm

I rarely have time to sit down and complete a game in a weeks time anyways. I am perfectly okay with the weekly release. I just hope the game is of good quality.

I am a sucker for Resident Evil and will most likely buy the digital releases on Steam as well as a physical copy I may never even open. That is unless the extra content on the disc is truly never obtainable via digital download.

Speaking of Steam. REv2 already has a page up on the Steam store. Here is a link for it.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/287290/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil Revelations 2
Page 4 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next