HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil Revelations 2

Go down 
+32
Mcghie
greenblue
00biohazard
chrisredfielmusculo
gmc1992
Hollapeno
Valentine Fan
EQOAnostalgia
Mullet_Wesker
TwerkinBirkin
Kobalt
AzureSparkle
AWDCP
TeenWolf420
Bulls-3ye
DXP
Ssplain
sliced-bread-no2
RebelliousQueen
will1234562
sirjibbs323
TheBatMan
37 Narwhals
White Rock
PWNERX
DampRevil
Mass Distraction
ThomVD
Ghost Leader
PAULSAMSON
Known_Hero
Vandal
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 5:26 pm

Ran across this article on Rely On Horror. Apparently Rev2 will have no connection to the first one and also the story will only be coop offline.
Click here to check out the article.

I am perfectly okay with coop for story being offline only. I must admit I was looking forward to a follow up of the first game, but just because it is not will not hinder this game in any way.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 11:14 pm

I don't mind it being a game of it's own with no ties with the previous title. To be perfectly honest, as much as I loved the story, I had very little involvement with the plot because it kept jumping everywhere. Not that I don't like that, Pulp Fiction was awesome, but I don't think Revelations did a good job with balancing the characters and the story.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 3:42 am

Now if only Barry would order a Royale w/Cheese on his way to save Claire and Moira.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 7:14 am

Vandal wrote:
I don't mind it being a game of it's own with no ties with the previous title.

As long as they don't keep creating villains and virus and more villains and more viruses and more villains and more viruses and more viruses and more more more more more!!!!.....sorry about that

Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 7:19 am

Also here is another article that gives a little bit of insight to the demo and play styles of Claire and Moira. It does say the game "calls back" to Revelations and the classics.

Check out the article here.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 7:36 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Vandal wrote:

As long as they don't keep creating villains and virus and more villains and more viruses and more villains and more viruses and more viruses and more more more more more!!!!.....sorry about that

Honestly it seems like they're going to be doing that for every single game, so I'd just call it the Resident Evil formula. I mean honestly, what was it last time? C-Virus? T-Abyss Virus? I don't even care, because it's not important. This magic plot glue makes people into zombies, kill them.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 8:23 am

Vandal wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
Vandal wrote:

Honestly it seems like they're going to be doing that for every single game, so I'd just call it the Resident Evil formula. I mean honestly, what was it last time? C-Virus? T-Abyss Virus? I don't even care, because it's not important. This magic plot glue makes people into zombies, kill them.

It's funny cause Umbrella took like 100 games to finally dissapear, but other organizations appeared and dissapeared in the same game, others where merely mentioned and never returned in future games, like the "giant pharmaceutical company S"
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 10:33 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Vandal wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
Vandal wrote:

It's funny cause Umbrella took like 100 games to finally dissapear, but other organizations appeared and dissapeared in the same game, others where merely mentioned and never returned in future games, like the "giant pharmaceutical company S"
To be fair, Resident Evil doesn't have the writers it use to. We were about to have 8 clones of Ada Wong in Resident Evil 6.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 2:08 pm

Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 3:08 pm

Hopefully they fix that sprinting animation before it comes out...and release footage from someone who has actually held a controller before.

Ssplain wrote:
Ran across this article on Rely On Horror. Apparently Rev2 will have no connection to the first one and also the story will only be coop offline.
Click here to check out the article.

I am perfectly okay with coop for story being offline only. I must admit I was looking forward to a follow up of the first game, but just because it is not will not hinder this game in any way.
That's a shame. The epilogue in the first one made it seem like Jessica and Raymond would be important, now I guess Capcom will just forget about them like always.

Last edited by 37 Narwhals on Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 6:49 pm

Man, this game looks super cheap. The animations are tough to look at.

Hype level: 0

Sad
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 6:58 pm

Don't worry, it's not done yet...
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 7:15 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:

Personally i kinda like the idea of Revalations being a series of stand alone stories.
Maybe that's their new formula, new villain + new virus × fan favorite character = success!.
Next up i'm guessing Rebecca vs (insert zombie variation here) eh! it works for me.

P.S. I just joined this forum, and so far i'm glad to be here. Smile
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 7:20 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Don't worry, it's not done yet...

I honestly don't see them fixing the animations. Very rarely does something that major gets fixed this late in development.

Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 8:41 pm

So i'm not sure if anyone's seen this but....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DviygHKM0wA

The bracelets are Scare-O-Meters....apparently.
And you can switch between Claire and Moira kinda like RE Zero.
Hopefully that jerky gameplay is just a crappy player.
Because overall (though a little clunkey) i think it looks pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 9:14 pm

It's good to see Claire holstering the shotgun on her back instead of it magically disappearing. Invisible weapons has always one of my biggest gripes with the modern RE games.

Still, Claire's animations are so robotic. It hurts my eyes every time I see her move.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 9:49 pm

So I'm the only one who's not bothered by the animations I suppose. It looks like a revamped version of Resident Evil 6, and from what I've seen, I'm certainly not disappointed.

This feels all too familiar to me. I remember the old forum I was a member of, Capcom Unity, people condemned the first Revelations before the game came out. And I do mean condemned. Now though, it's one of the most acclaimed Resident Evil games. I'm not saying anyone is condemning Revelations 2, but it just feels like history is repeating itself.

I guess I'll share my thoughts. To start, I like the way Claire shoots. It's slow paced, not like Resident Evil 6. I'm also happy to see the way the dodge mechanic is being utilized. Claire side-steps and back-steps which seems to compliment the combat scenarios nicely. To go along with that, the cover/stealth system seems appealing. I noticed that Claire throws into cover, but in a way that seems to work. The stealth mechanic seems like a typical stealth function, but I do like how Claire can aim from the stealth position. Moira also presents her own perks. I like how she's actually useful instead of just accompanying. She can stun enemies, find hidden items, carry extra items, and can use her crowbar to disassemble barricades. I assume there will be hidden locations that can be accessed by using Moira's crowbar.

As for the A.I., it seems to be standard A.I. for a Resident Evil game. It's nice to see that the A.I. doesn't "hug" the player character akin to Ashley from Resident Evil 4. Character swapping also seems fluid as well. There's no loading time in-between the swap, unlike Resident Evil 0.

I'm also impressed with the environments. People who have played described the atmosphere to that of the first Resident Evil Revelations (Jill's portions). I've also seen a good deal of people compare the atmosphere to Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3, which is definitely a good thing.

Overall, I'm very happy with what I've seen so far. I'm not bothered by the animations or graphics, and I'm satisfied with the overall tone. I'm also not too concerned, because the majority of the staff who worked on the first Revelations is working on Revelations 2. That, and the people who were lucky enough to play the game have had nothing but positive things to say. I certainly have no complaints about the game so far and I'm very excited to see more.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 12:35 am

Here's some gameplay where the player doesn't sprint into walls every 2 seconds.

DampRevil wrote:
So I'm the only one who's not bothered by the animations I suppose. It looks like a revamped version of Resident Evil 6, and from what I've seen, I'm certainly not disappointed.

This feels all too familiar to me. I remember the old forum I was a member of, Capcom Unity, people condemned the first Revelations before the game came out. And I do mean condemned. Now though, it's one of the most acclaimed Resident Evil games. I'm not saying anyone is condemning Revelations 2, but it just feels like history is repeating itself.

Claire side-steps and back-steps which seems to compliment the combat scenarios nicely.
Aside from the sprinting animation I think it looks pretty good. It is nice that we finally get a good dodge system; the one in RE3/Rev felt too random and unreliable, while the one in 6 was too "Hollywood action hero"-esque.

Last edited by 37 Narwhals on Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 5:07 am

I honestly don't mind the animations, there's always fine tuning that can be made during the late months of development.

Bulls-3ye wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:

Personally i kinda like the idea of Revalations being a series of stand alone stories.
Maybe that's their new formula, new villain + new virus × fan favorite character = success!.
Next up i'm guessing Rebecca vs (insert zombie variation here) eh! it works for me.

P.S. I just joined this forum, and so far i'm glad to be here. Smile

Isn't that exactly what they have been doing with the main series as well?

Also, welcome to the forums.

Known_Hero wrote:
It's good to see Claire holstering the shotgun on her back instead of it magically disappearing. Invisible weapons has always one of my biggest gripes with the modern RE games.

Modern? The only RE ever to have weapons show on your character has been RE5.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 7:06 am

I can deal with the run animation. It does appear the default movement is to run. I personally think it feels more horror-ish when the default movement is that slow walk. Then again I am weird when it comes to story mode in games I enjoy, I try to fully immerse in the atmosphere.

Okay done blabbing about things that don't really matter and onto things that do..

That is definitely a curve-ball that the bracelets monitor fear, I was almost certain it was an infection detector based on the concept trailer. Makes it appear Claire and Moira are just part of some kind of larger experiment now. Speaking of the concept trailer, the official Rev2 website has an extended version of the original concept trailer. You can navigate to it from the link below.

It adds a nice touch to the end, click it!
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 8:27 am

Ssplain wrote:
I can deal with the run animation. It does appear the default movement is to run. I personally think it feels more horror-ish when the default movement is that slow walk. Then again I am weird when it comes to story mode in games I enjoy, I try to fully immerse in the atmosphere.

I actually understand this. I agree, I do the same, but when a game forces you to walk, that's retarded. You should have the choice to walk or run any given point of the game. Looking at Leon in Resident Evil 6.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 8:32 am

The rumor about Barry being in the next trailer was ironically true since Barry is indeed still in the extended trailer Razz I always wonder with these live action trailers who are the people playing the characters. That'd be fun to know.

Anyone notice the Jill's Sandwiches serviettes?

Vandal wrote:
Ssplain wrote:

I actually understand this. I agree, I do the same, but when a game forces you to walk, that's retarded. You should have the choice to walk or run any given point of the game. Looking at Leon in Resident Evil 6.

Yep. Forced walking is terrible especially when you are playing the game for the second or so time. Nowadays I mostly run in the earlier REs, too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 2:03 pm

37 Narwhals wrote:
Aside from the sprinting animation I think it looks pretty good. It is nice that we finally get a good dodge system; the one in RE3/Rev felt too random and unreliable, while the one in 6 was too "Hollywood action hero"-esque.

I didn't mind the dodge in either RE3 or Revelations. I actually liked it and applaud Capcom for making it slightly tricky. It's all about the timing. I like that it's not full proof, and that even the solution to keep you safe may not work. I think it helps add some tension. However; I'm certainly not disappointed with how the dodge mechanic works in Revelations 2.

I'm happy to see people warming up to the animations. Also, to touch on the "being forced to walk" subject, I think it's still present in Revelations 2. In one of the gameplay videos I was watching yesterday, Claire was running when she suddenly stopped. She held up her wrist to listen to the captor, and when the conversation ended, Claire began to run again. Since it was featured in Revelations and RE6, I'm not at all surprised to see it returning in Revelations 2. I think Capcom does that so we have to listen to the conversation uninterrupted.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 2:55 pm

Ssplain wrote:
I meant the sprinting, the default jogging/running movement animation is fine. You'll probably be able to walk by slightly moving the stick instead of moving it all the way, I think Rev and 6 did that.

DampRevil wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:

I didn't mind the dodge in either RE3 or Revelations. I actually liked it and applaud Capcom for making it slightly tricky. It's all about the timing. I like that it's not full proof, and that even the solution to keep you safe may not work. I think it helps add some tension. However; I'm certainly not disappointed with how the dodge mechanic works in Revelations 2.

I think my main problem with the dodge in RE3 and Rev is that it's mapped to the same controls that you'd normally be using at the moment anyway, so I'd try to aim/fire a gun in 3 or move in Rev and I'd dodge instead. I ended up dodging by accident more often than I did on purpose so it just felt random.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 5:17 pm

I will be playing on the PC, but you are correct, Revelations had Shift key designated to walk which I used often.

Also not sure about on consoles, but Revelations on PC you could use the space bar to dodge and it worked very nicely! It was very addicting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2   Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil Revelations 2
Page 6 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next