HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers)

Go down 
+18
chrisredfielmusculo
Teh Black Cat
Shrike
PWNERX
MSR
Nobudy
Rasklapanje
Industrial Ridden
White Rock
Mass Distraction
Ghost Leader
Mcghie
weskersbarber
Cyberization
Limey
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Vandal
Voltius
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers)   Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 2:10 pm

Alright I finally played through ALL campaigns on the PC version in order and I have to say, I think I'm done as a Resident Evil Fan. RE6 is Resident Evil in name only. It's unrecognizable.

Before you say, "That's just the evolution of the series", that's like Auto-Tuning Adele and saying it's the evolution of love songs.

Lack of atmosphere and lack of music.
The university was NOT atmospheric, it was boring. There was no background music or even ambient music playing. It visually was perfect for atmosphere but without any sounds it was boring and dull. Like the RE2 Police station without any music.

Way too Dark.
Sometimes you had a flashlight, sometimes you didn't. I had my brightness turned up all the way and I still had problems with darkness, I had to run up to something to really see what it was.

Forcing me to walk.
That was really agravating. I barely walked in the original RE games, only when I was trying to push a box or a statue. Why did they think I should be forced to walk in this one?

Uninspiring Generic Music. I don't remember a single song.
No joke, I don't remember any of the music and I played the game for 29 hours. Some of the music just didn't match what was going on, or the emotion of the scene, and some times it was just really annoying and generic.

No save room theme. Despite RE4 & 5 not having save rooms they still have "save themes" which were beautiful.
RE is truely dead. First the item boxes, then the save rooms, then the typewriters, now the beautiful themes which had the most memorable music of all are gone.

Fighting with the camera
It has a mind of its own during certain sections, and not in a good way.

Constant interrupting cut-scenes.
In many parts of the game, I can't walk 20 feet without triggering a mini-cutscene, or my character losing their balance, or the camera cutting away to something the enemy is doing. I was fighting Cheetah Simmons on the train and God damn, I'm trying to pick up a green herb 10 feet away from me and every time I get closer to it a cutscene triggers or I get knocked down and I ended up missing the herb.

Fighting the same boss over and over and over again 5-7 times.
It wasn't fun. It wasn't funny. It wasn't entertaining. It was really fucking annoying. Simmons turning into a dinosaur and having 5 different forms including a fly, a cheetah, and a t-rex was also stupid.

Nothing that you do matters.
Work your ass off to stop the missile, it launches anyway. Run away from Ustanak, he gets you anyway. Help the survivors, they die anyway. At the end of the game I feel like everything I did was for nothing. All the people I saved all the missions and objectives ended up being useless.

You can't drop or share weapons.
You used to have a choice, you could play the whole game through with just a pistol or just the shotgun. Not anymore. You can't drop your weapons. And when you drop items they dissapear. Even in RE:Zero you could pick things back up after you dropped them.

The annoying "Head-to-Ass" Camera Angle that makes your character take up half the screen.
I feel like I'm watching a movie with a really tall person in front of me and they're blocking the view. The camera angle choice was bad. It doesn't feel like it's over the shoulder, it feels like it's Head-to-Ass and in the way.

Enemies don't react when shot and feel like bullet sponges.
Many enemies don't move or make a sound when shot. They just keep walking and soaking up bullets like a sponge. Making me question if I'm even doing any damage.

Fighting with the camera.
During many sections the camera starts changing and pointing into different directions and not letting you turn around or look left and right. Annoying.

Inability to Strafe.
Somehow they messed up moving in all directions. If you're standing next to a ladder and it's to the right of you, you can't just side step over to it, you have to back up and aim towards it. The characters can't side-step/strafe they have to turn walk forward and turn to the right as they're walking. It's hard to explain but it's really annoying.

Idiotic Aiming reticle with a mind of its own.
RE4 & 5 had a perfect laser sight. How they managed to mess that up, I don't know. RE6 has an aiming reticle with a laser inside of it that moves around. WTF. I can't tell you how many upclose shots I've missed because of that damn thing and i'm playing on PC. I was great with the RE5 laser.

Idiotic inventory
Whoever made the UI for the inventory needs to be fired as it is just awful. It's stupid and confusing especially on PC. Having to mix something then take it out of inventory to use it. Not being able to use health items while they're in the inventory. If your inventory is full and you have 1 red herb in it, and there's a green herb in front of you. You cannot pick it up and mix it on the spot. Even RE:Outbreak had that.

The continuation of "Super Powers" and sherry's healing ability.
This nonsense started in Code Veronica with Alexia, continued into RE5 with Wesker's matrix bullet dodging, and is now in RE6 with Shery's ability to heal open wounds. Why? If she could heal, then WHY THE FUCK did she need herbs and health sprays?!?!?!

Run run run mentality
I don't remember ever having some time to myself without something chasing me. There was nothing to break up the constant "go run it's behind you". I felt like I just ran through the game and didn't get to soak in the scenery or explore. There's constant objectives, The game is constantly telling me what to do without giving me a choice or say in the matter.

Vehicles controlled like crap
From the cars to the snow mobiles, vehicle controls were just terrible. Especially with the snow mobile which apparently needs the space of a football field to make a u-turn and is constantly sliding around and has no grip.

I'm just disappointed and venting. -_- RIP Resident Evil. You're in heaven now with Dino Crisis.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers)   Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 3:12 pm

Excellent post. But you forgot that the game was riddled with Quicktime events, poor unprogrsssive dialog, and muddy graphics that makes it confusing if you're aiming at a friend or not.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers)   Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 3:30 pm

Voltius wrote:

1. Actually there was little of music, more of scary sound combination, i actually loved the sound of Oaks, especially when you're looking for daughter of that bald guy, mixture of classical tune with the creepy sounds was quite good. I played it all in headphones, so take a listen, maybe speakers are not delivering the sound as it should be.

2. with darkness, i could agree partly, i played with the standard brightness, at parts it was a bit dark, but high graphics still made it look good, maybe you didnt have all the graphic tune ups turned on, i ran it on top graphical quality, so it didnt look 2 dark. well actually if the gamers had a chance to turn flashlight on/off manually the darkness prob would have been solved either ways.

3. usually forced walks took place while characters were talking, guess it was so to create a bit realistic atmosphere, they never lasted too long, guess u payed too much attention to it.

4. Really dont agree with that, Chris' theme was literally perfect, crescendo of trumpets with drum rolls on the background, and minor melody thundering during Piers' death really pushed the dramatic part of the game to the limit and that ending theme when Chris walk out of the bar really brought me that "We Were Soldiers" feeling. So in nutshell themes did their job well.

5. Well actually there was smthing like a save room theme, when you select/buy abilities, but agree it was much action based and not beautiful.

6. Well its kinda tough at first to figure out how camera works, when you're chased by Chaos, ustanak or burning flames in the streets of China, but after few deaths, it becomes very easy, Kidding, what they didnt do well i guess is that controls were going crazy with those camera changes, well i think they tried to make game a bit more difficult with it.

7. yes it was annoying . . .

8. Well the nature of C virus is in regeneration, guess that what devs tried to show with Simmons and Chaos, but look at the bright side, it was quite tough fighting em, they all seamed like different bosses, and models looked amazing.

9. Dont know what to say, paying 2 much attention maybe?

10. Why would you like to drop a weapon, want to take the game with just a pistol then select it and that's it, with sharing items, guess that was a bit of a flaw, loved how you could take any gun from sheva, but look at the bright side, no more "I Need Ammo". That also might be a bit disturbing when playing with a friend, but dont know havent tried it.

11. Agree with that, RE 5 had much better angle!

12. Actually bosses dont react much, but everytime you hit any other enemy, it sure reacts and bullet puts a huge hole in it, you can shoot off limbs, man that was awesome, like when you shoot off their arms and a new one grows up . . .

13. well you dont have much to look at, that usually happens when smbd is chasing you and you have to run. I loved how they added old school RE camera angles at some parts.

14. ? ? ?

15. Well actually thats done so to make shooting harder and you dont shoot off like a cowboy, plus when you take aiming to the 3d level from skills menu, it stands still like either in 4 and/or 5. i kinda liked it and got used to it quite quickly, making double headshots from distance . . .

16. Agree inventory was quite undercooked, but bright side is that it was much faster then either in 4 or 5 . . .

17. Good question, havent played Jakes story yet, so state my opinion tomorrow . . .

18. I never felt so, neither in Leons or Chris stories, guess thats in Jakes, but thats the whole thing about it, you're chased by Ustanak all the time, if so then dont get why are you surprised .

19. Well it was at least not worse then in 4 ex Cod, but not near as good as in Far Cry 3. But still its a 3d person game and it had a lot of awesome stuff other than that. . .

I loved it, really, it was just the way i wanted RE 5 to be. RE is doing great, if they add up a bit more screamers, puzzles and team up Leon and Chris, the 7 part will be epic! ! ! (Actually the only thing i didnt like, was Chris/Leon meet up, cs it was too damn short, wanted it to be much longer. . . guess devs are saving it for the final RE

@Mercy: Muddy graphics? ? ? Mt Framework 3rd generation engine . . . Muddy graphics ? ? ?

Last edited by ChrisRedfieldRE156 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Limey
Zombie
Zombie

Playstation Network LimeyPolo
Steam : LimeyPolo

PostSubject: Re: Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers)   Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 3:36 pm

What about how they screwed up the science fiction cannon of the genre? The story was horrible and more there to explain scripted explosion...instead of the backstory of events/monsters/circumstances. The art for monsters was also uninspired and the lack of customization but 'skills' which should already be there without earning them.
Back to top Go down
Cyberization
Zombie
Zombie
Cyberization

Playstation Network MrOutside-

PostSubject: Re: Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers)   Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 4:29 pm

Limey wrote:
What about how they screwed up the science fiction cannon of the genre? The story was horrible and more there to explain scripted explosion...instead of the backstory of events/monsters/circumstances. The art for monsters was also uninspired and the lack of customization but 'skills' which should already be there without earning them.

Woah woah woah. Hold up. I can agree with virtually everything in this thread. RE6 is highly mediocre, and I only tolerate it because I'm a massive RE fanboy with no shame. Laughing But that bit in bold? Nuh-uh. If there's one thing RE6 did right, it's that it had really, really good enemy designs. The way they mutate depending on what body part is damaged? The animations are superb. Some of them are downright creepy as well. When the guys are mutating and growing those spider legs, it totally freaks me out. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers)   Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 4:38 pm

@Chris: I don't care what enguine Capcom is using, the gaphics are so muddy you need to take a shower after you're done playing in it. You may have a supercomputer from space and pump the graphics all the way up, but that still doesn't make it look any better than RE5's superior graphics. I always thought games would turn out looking better as time went on, but Resident Evil 6 doesn't think so. Anything that isn't Leon Chris, Jake, Helena, Piers, Sherry, or Ada, looks like they came from the N64 era of gaming.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers)   Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 5:26 pm

Everyone who worked on RE6 should be sacked and never allowed to work on another RE title again.
Back to top Go down
Limey
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers)   Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 7:13 pm

Cyberization wrote:
Limey wrote:

Woah woah woah. Hold up. I can agree with virtually everything in this thread. RE6 is highly mediocre, and I only tolerate it because I'm a massive RE fanboy with no shame. Laughing But that bit in bold? Nuh-uh. If there's one thing RE6 did right, it's that it had really, really good enemy designs. The way they mutate depending on what body part is damaged? The animations are superb. Some of them are downright creepy as well. When the guys are mutating and growing those spider legs, it totally freaks me out. Shocked
Too bug-like, dinosaur-esque, and like...zoids with a new organic skins (look up zoids on Google Images as example). I'm personally a fan of more creepy, humanoid designs and less of the convoluted mechs!
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers)   Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 7:18 pm

To be fair and to give Capcom a "little" bit of credit it actually turned out to be a decent title.
I could write a big list on why that is but it's late at night and to be fair I can't really be bothered.
The storyline was as deep as RE5's was and that had probably one of the best storyline's in any of the series (and that's coming from a oldskool RE fanboy).
The new game had it's flaws and the soundtrack was basically none existent as it didn't stand out at all which I was disappointed in because BGM's have played a crucial part in making up Resident Evil games, along with other traits of coarse.
The game has went in a new direction, one that I'm not particularly fond of but what can you do.
At least they are making a decent title in the sense of there "new" direction.
Resident Evil 6 had the storyline like RE5 but a far better mechanics.
I thoroughly enjoyed the game but I was a little bit let down from Leon's scenario.

For the next instalment however, I would like Capcom to focus a little more on RE's roots and try to find a better formula that will cater to the what Resident Evil was predominately like.
How cares if the new FPS generation wont buy the game as it doesn't have enough elements of COD or GOW in it.
Give your actual long-time fans a little bit of respect and put there needs first instead of thinking what will sell the units.
It is Capcom though and they will never change, we should think ourselves lucky because look what they have been doing to the Mega Man franchise for years and how poorly there fans are treated.

Resident evil will never go back to how it used to be mainly because Shinji isn't there, he was the life and soul of Resident Evil and I'm still waiting for the mofo to bring more information up about his horror title was in development a year or two ago.

My conclusion is that Resident evil 6 wasn't a flop and it was actually enjoyable to a certain degree.
I'm a Resident Evil fan through and through so I'l never say I'm giving up with the series or ever give up on the series.
Back to top Go down
Cyberization
Zombie
Zombie
Cyberization

Playstation Network MrOutside-

PostSubject: Re: Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers)   Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 7:33 pm

Limey wrote:
Too bug-like, dinosaur-esque, and like...zoids with a new organic skins (look up zoids on Google Images as example). I'm personally a fan of more creepy, humanoid designs and less of the convoluted mechs!

Hmm, well to each their own of course! But I personally enjoy some good body horror, and I think RE6 had that in spades. It's all well and good being freaked out by Tyrants, Hunters etc (and I'm not saying RE6's design is anywhere NEAR as awesome or iconic as these, don't me wrong)......but are you telling me that if you were in that situation, and you blew a dude's leg off, and all of a sudden he started growing extra limbs and a carapace and all kinds of insectoid shit.....are you saying you wouldn't be freaked out?

Because I sure as hell would. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Limey
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers)   Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 8:06 pm

Cyberization wrote:
Limey wrote:

Hmm, well to each their own of course! But I personally enjoy some good body horror, and I think RE6 had that in spades. It's all well and good being freaked out by Tyrants, Hunters etc (and I'm not saying RE6's design is anywhere NEAR as awesome or iconic as these, don't me wrong)......but are you telling me that if you were in that situation, and you blew a dude's leg off, and all of a sudden he started growing extra limbs and a carapace and all kinds of insectoid shit.....are you saying you wouldn't be freaked out?

Because I sure as hell would. Laughing
Thinking about it, Ustanak was quite cool (Nemesis-like) and so was Deborah (very similar to Alexia), but these were both...very similar to the stated similarities. Still, regardless of the originality issue, I did like their design.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers)   Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 9:09 pm

Voltius wrote:
RE4 & 5 had a perfect laser sight. How they managed to mess that up, I don't know. RE6 has an aiming reticle with a laser inside of it that moves around. WTF. I can't tell you how many upclose shots I've missed because of that damn thing and i'm playing on PC. I was great with the RE5 laser.
You don't have much real world experience with firearms, do you? No one's aim is as perfectly steady as RE4 and 5 portrayed, involuntary muscle movements are going to make your point of aim bounce around.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers)   Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 9:12 pm

Mercy wrote:
@Chris: I don't care what enguine Capcom is using, the gaphics are so muddy you need to take a shower after you're done playing in it. You may have a supercomputer from space and pump the graphics all the way up, but that still doesn't make it look any better than RE5's superior graphics. I always thought games would turn out looking better as time went on, but Resident Evil 6 doesn't think so. Anything that isn't Leon Chris, Jake, Helena, Piers, Sherry, or Ada, looks like they came from the N64 era of gaming.

I agree with the fact that RE 5 is a graphical masterpiece, but there's no way you can call 6 muddy, as i said it never went far from its predecessor, but it had brilliant graphics itself, maybe OD on making it darker and Atmospheric shading gave you that impression, textures were brilliant, especially on Chris (simply cs he's the toughest to model/texture, cs of his muscles and veins,), not to say anything on zombies and Javo characters, mutations were incredible, you cant even imagine how hard it is to get that effect with low poly models, once again maybe your requests on making the game darker, created that type of "muddy" effect, so its really tough to compare 6 to 5,cs 5 had a huge joker up the sleeve, global illumination, Africas sunny environment, really underlined all the bumps on textures and perfectly showed motion blurs, i know bout 3d stuff, maybe a bit more than you, so trust me re 6 had some cool graphics, but just as you i expected a bit more, thinking that 6 would make Battle field 3 to cry for momma and it looked so from trailers. Hopefully in 7 they will make a big jump, i mean they have to, cs Crytek dudes have plans for next year and new Assassins Creed coming out as well . . .
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers)   Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 5:48 am

I'm not gonna argue anything here because to each their own and while I personally liked the overall game I'm not gonna hate on people who didn't. However, there are a couple of points I want to argue for a few reasons...

Ghost Leader wrote:
Voltius wrote:
You don't have much real world experience with firearms, do you? No one's aim is as perfectly steady as RE4 and 5 portrayed, involuntary muscle movements are going to make your point of aim bounce around.
I gotta agree with GL here. A lot of games use this mechanic and it's more realistic. I didn't mind it and it's rather easy to correct your shots if you know how to actually aim a gun.

Voltius wrote:
You cannot pick it up and mix it on the spot. Even RE:Outbreak had that.
Outbreak did. Zer0 did. None of the others, however, did not. You can't blame one game for not having this if none of the others did either. This including some of the more recent entries like RE5 and RER. Sure, it would've been more useful, I agree with that, but still.

Also, about fighting the same bosses over and over again... What about William Birkin? Nemesis? The different forms of Uroboros?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers)   Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 1:08 pm

I hated dying by falling off ledges and drowning. That pissed me off. No, not zombies or big ass bosses killing you off in this game anymore. Now it's water, explosions and ledges. Argh!

Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers)   Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 1:59 pm

Meh, it's my fav RE and NOT for the action. I felt that this game had the one of the best plot/stories along with RE1 and CVX.

If I had to choose favorite based on gameplay, it would be RE2, RE5, and RE6.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers)   Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:03 pm

It's OK if you're in the mood.
Back to top Go down
Rasklapanje
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers)   Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 8:04 pm

Voltius wrote:
Alright I finally played through ALL campaigns on the PC version in order and I have to say, I think I'm done as a Resident Evil Fan. RE6 is Resident Evil in name only. It's unrecognizable.

Before you say, "That's just the evolution of the series", that's like Auto-Tuning Adele and saying it's the evolution of love songs.

Lack of atmosphere and lack of music.
The university was NOT atmospheric, it was boring. There was no background music or even ambient music playing. It visually was perfect for atmosphere but without any sounds it was boring and dull. Like the RE2 Police station without any music.

I think it WAS atmospheric, especially the first time you play. I played Leon campaign at least 50 times and I still don't get bored. There is plenty of great music in the rest of the game, so why hate just because one small part of a chapter is quieter?

Way too Dark.
Sometimes you had a flashlight, sometimes you didn't. I had my brightness turned up all the way and I still had problems with darkness, I had to run up to something to really see what it was.

If it is NIGHT it SHOULD BE DARK. I had no problems with the lighting and I used the default setting.

Forcing me to walk.
That was really agravating. I barely walked in the original RE games, only when I was trying to push a box or a statue. Why did they think I should be forced to walk in this one?

I have no sympathy at all on this one, because if you just want to rush through the game and not take your time and savour the environment, YOUR LOSS. If I join a game and they are rushing through I quit straight away, I still choose to walk through certain parts even after played 50 times.
Also go back and play an earlier RE game and see how "fast" you run, compared to the walking of RE6.

Uninspiring Generic Music. I don't remember a single song.
No joke, I don't remember any of the music and I played the game for 29 hours. Some of the music just didn't match what was going on, or the emotion of the scene, and some times it was just really annoying and generic.

I think some of the music is amongst the best in the entire series

No save room theme. Despite RE4 & 5 not having save rooms they still have "save themes" which were beautiful.
RE is truely dead. First the item boxes, then the save rooms, then the typewriters, now the beautiful themes which had the most memorable music of all are gone.

What do you want? An autosave theme? Also RE5 didn't have a save theme, it had autosave too

Fighting with the camera
It has a mind of its own during certain sections, and not in a good way.

No, that is you not being used to the controls. Plus, they added change camera angle options anyway

Constant interrupting cut-scenes.
In many parts of the game, I can't walk 20 feet without triggering a mini-cutscene, or my character losing their balance, or the camera cutting away to something the enemy is doing. I was fighting Cheetah Simmons on the train and God damn, I'm trying to pick up a green herb 10 feet away from me and every time I get closer to it a cutscene triggers or I get knocked down and I ended up missing the herb.

I agree on this one. One of the few flaws of the game, but this one flaw doesn't make it a horrible game.

Fighting the same boss over and over and over again 5-7 times.
It wasn't fun. It wasn't funny. It wasn't entertaining. It was really fucking annoying. Simmons turning into a dinosaur and having 5 different forms including a fly, a cheetah, and a t-rex was also stupid.

I would have preferred to fight him just once or twice and have a different boss to fight, but that is what they chose for Leon campaign. I still enjoy each fight though.

Nothing that you do matters.
Work your ass off to stop the missile, it launches anyway. Run away from Ustanak, he gets you anyway. Help the survivors, they die anyway. At the end of the game I feel like everything I did was for nothing. All the people I saved all the missions and objectives ended up being useless.

You can't drop or share weapons.
You used to have a choice, you could play the whole game through with just a pistol or just the shotgun. Not anymore. You can't drop your weapons. And when you drop items they dissapear. Even in RE:Zero you could pick things back up after you dropped them.

I 100% agree on this one. I think I even made a thread about it. However, since I made that thread I have got used to the inventory system and now think it is very good. You just have to get used to it, like the controls. You can still play through the entire game using only one weapon if you want, you can't drop the weapon but you can drop the ammo. Having a smaller inventory is actually better because can navigate quicker

The annoying "Head-to-Ass" Camera Angle that makes your character take up half the screen.
I feel like I'm watching a movie with a really tall person in front of me and they're blocking the view. The camera angle choice was bad. It doesn't feel like it's over the shoulder, it feels like it's Head-to-Ass and in the way.

Enemies don't react when shot and feel like bullet sponges.
Many enemies don't move or make a sound when shot. They just keep walking and soaking up bullets like a sponge. Making me question if I'm even doing any damage.

You need to learn more about the game. There are different types of stun. If you hit an enemy in the head they will almost always fall into a "head stun". Use quick shot and they will 99% of the time go into a "light stun". They DO react. This applies to Zombies AND J'avo.

During many sections the camera starts changing and pointing into different directions and not letting you turn around or look left and right. Annoying.

It is not annoying, it only happens a handful of times throughout ALL FOUR campaigns. It is doing it to show you something. But if you like to just RUSH through the game, it will annoy you.

Inability to Strafe.
Somehow they messed up moving in all directions. If you're standing next to a ladder and it's to the right of you, you can't just side step over to it, you have to back up and aim towards it. The characters can't side-step/strafe they have to turn walk forward and turn to the right as they're walking. It's hard to explain but it's really annoying.

OMG

It doesn't move around that much. You are exaggerating. If you are aiming with Sniper from very far, then it does move a lot, but SO WHAT. It adds to the challenge and makes it more realistic. If people are pointing a gun do they have PERFECT AIM and hands never move?

Idiotic inventory
Whoever made the UI for the inventory needs to be fired as it is just awful. It's stupid and confusing especially on PC. Having to mix something then take it out of inventory to use it. Not being able to use health items while they're in the inventory. If your inventory is full and you have 1 red herb in it, and there's a green herb in front of you. You cannot pick it up and mix it on the spot. Even RE:Outbreak had that.

The continuation of "Super Powers" and sherry's healing ability.
This nonsense started in Code Veronica with Alexia, continued into RE5 with Wesker's matrix bullet dodging, and is now in RE6 with Shery's ability to heal open wounds. Why? If she could heal, then WHY THE FUCK did she need herbs and health sprays?!?!?!

Run run run mentality
I don't remember ever having some time to myself without something chasing me. There was nothing to break up the constant "go run it's behind you". I felt like I just ran through the game and didn't get to soak in the scenery or explore. There's constant objectives, The game is constantly telling me what to do without giving me a choice or say in the matter.

Why you complain about this when you already made it clear you rush through games?

Vehicles controlled like crap
From the cars to the snow mobiles, vehicle controls were just terrible. Especially with the snow mobile which apparently needs the space of a football field to make a u-turn and is constantly sliding around and has no grip.

I'm just disappointed and venting. -_- RIP Resident Evil. You're in heaven now with Dino Crisis.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers)   Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 3:00 am

Rasklapanje wrote:
Voltius wrote:

It is not annoying, it only happens a handful of times throughout ALL FOUR campaigns. It is doing it to show you something. But if you like to just RUSH through the game, it will annoy you.
See, the problem is that the game is rushing you most of the time when this happens. It completely screws up your direction when you are trying to run away from something or sneak around.

Btw. I think what he meant by the save theme in RE5 was the chapter end theme. Then again, RE6 did have those too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers)   Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 6:49 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Voltius wrote:
Actually, you don't even need experience. It's mostly common sense.

Oh, and RE4 DOES have a save theme. And it has save rooms. They're not designed like they were in 0-CVX, but they still give you that warm feeling.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers)   Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 7:35 pm

Mercy, another RE6 hate thread? Oh wait, this one was by Volitus.

Mass Distraction wrote:
I'm not gonna argue anything here because to each their own and while I personally liked the overall game I'm not gonna hate on people who didn't. However, there are a couple of points I want to argue for a few reasons...

I also enjoyed RE6 on the whole.

It had it's annoyances, but RE6 does not deserve all the hate that it gets. It is almost like people do not even acknowledge the awesome stuff in RE6, because they want to throw a hissy fit over a few QTE's and a ridiculous Transformer Simmons, annoying-unimportant enemy in disguise.

I hate when they forced us to walk though. WTH.

I wish I had more time to respond to each of the complaints, but I will in time.

RE6 rox my sox.

Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers)   Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:21 pm

From the bad reviews I read, most of the negatives come from camera problems and too many QTEs. The QTE problem has been somewhat fixed. Though I still wonder which QTEs are automatic and which ones aren't.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers)   Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 8:03 am

Since everyone's having a go at RE6, I was playing with Piers last night and it was at the part with the jet, Piers get out as the jet is lowering and jumps from about 50 feet up and lands perfectly on the ground and runs on like everything's fine. Who the hell thought that was a good idea.

RE6 has plenty of positives tho, maybe someone should make a thread where can praise the good things about it?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers)   Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 9:15 am

weskersbarber wrote:
Since everyone's having a go at RE6, I was playing with Piers last night and it was at the part with the jet, Piers get out as the jet is lowering and jumps from about 50 feet up and lands perfectly on the ground and runs on like everything's fine. Who the hell thought that was a good idea.
Someone who apparently thinks you can actually fall 50 feet and land on your feet without breaking your ankles and/or your legs and/or your spine, etc.. I would like to challenge that individual to jump off a 4-story building and see what happens. Ninety-percent chance: He breaks his back and is in a wheelchair for a couple years, if not paralyzed entirely. Or flat-out dead.

It's possible to survive long freefalls without injury, but the variables are almost infinite.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers)   Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 9:53 am

Can we make it NON CANNON?
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers)   Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers) Empty

Back to top Go down

Everything I HATE HATE HATE about Resident Evil 6 (spoilers)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next