HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 7 - Discussion

Go down 
+51
residentleet
VitalSigns
Mullet_Wesker
PAULSAMSON
Jamesy
VoyageTreader08
ToCool74
Revenant662
Ssplain
DivideByZero
DampRevil
weskydude
EQOAnostalgia
Pau Diaz
Shrike
halestride
Sundown31
02viperacr
Valentine Fan
gowett
AWDCP
The mastAH!
Sakura the zombie slayer
37 Narwhals
chrisredfield84
Minizue
GTMippey
RaviorStygian
MSR
Industrial Ridden
PWNERX
gucci13
Progenitor
will1234562
Spike991
Melissa_89
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Teh Black Cat
DeadlyGenetics
chrisredfielmusculo
kevdliu
00biohazard
RebelliousQueen
chocotricks
Ghost Leader
Nobudy
Venoym
White Rock
Mass Distraction
Methsia
Vandal
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 12:52 am

37 Narwhals wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
The Spike wrote:
I dont like everyone having a knife like RE5 though, it was cooler when Leon amd Krauser were the only characters that had a knofe.

You know what's weird? Ada had a knife in her minigame but annoyingly didn't have it in Mercs.
Assignment Ada? She only has a knife in the Wii/PS3/360 port. I have and once had the Gamecube and PC version and I can confirm there's no knife (unfortunately).

Don't remember which one but it was one of them, if not both, but curiously not Mercs. This is from experience with the PS2 version.

IIRC Separate Ways had one, but not Assignment Ada. They probably gave it to her in SW because of the scene where she stabs Leon in the leg.
That makes the most sense actually, despite the fact she doesn't have a place to stash her knife.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 8:07 am

Vandal wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
The Spike wrote:
I dont like everyone having a knife like RE5 though, it was cooler when Leon amd Krauser were the only characters that had a knofe.

You know what's weird? Ada had a knife in her minigame but annoyingly didn't have it in Mercs.
Assignment Ada? She only has a knife in the Wii/PS3/360 port. I have and once had the Gamecube and PC version and I can confirm there's no knife (unfortunately).

Don't remember which one but it was one of them, if not both, but curiously not Mercs. This is from experience with the PS2 version.

IIRC Separate Ways had one, but not Assignment Ada. They probably gave it to her in SW because of the scene where she stabs Leon in the leg.
That makes the most sense actually, despite the fact she doesn't have a place to stash her knife.
She probably keeps it in the same place GTA characters keep their weapons. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 8:56 am

Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
The Spike wrote:

She probably keeps it in the same place GTA characters keep their weapons. Laughing
Come to think of it, Billy Coen is probably the least equipt character clothing wise. Yet he can carry a rocket launcher, a shotgun, a pistol, and ink ribbons.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 9:04 am

Vandal wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
The Spike wrote:

Come to think of it, Billy Coen is probably the least equipt character clothing wise. Yet he can carry a rocket launcher, a shotgun, a pistol, and ink ribbons.
New headcanon. Billy escaped the Arklay forest and found a way into the Grand Theft Auto world. He travels to San Andreas where Carl Johnson teaches him to make better use of his powers and to carry weapons and money with nothing more than the boxers on his abdomen.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 9:37 am

Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
The Spike wrote:

New headcanon. Billy escaped the Arklay forest and found a way into the Grand Theft Auto world. He travels to San Andreas where Carl Johnson teaches him to make better use of his powers and to carry weapons and money with nothing more than the boxers on his abdomen.

Thats right, you guys keep making this quote bigger.

Billy Coen is actually pretty underequipped. He's the only character in all of RE who can not mix herbs. Buttt he can play the piano, which Chris cannot. But he has a lighter, which Jill does not. But she is The Master Of Unlocking, which Barry is not. Haha I shoulda left it at Billy.

And really, what I want in RE7 is...Barry. Where's Barry? ¿Donde esta Barry? You know they've been teasing the fans with Barry, with fewer appearances than freakin Ozwell E. Spencer, and little Mercs cameos in Reunion. But come on, anything Barry does is going to be complete gold. Freaking platinum. RE6 was a great game overall, but a real mistep at the same time. Chris and Jake's campaigns are nearly unbearable due to constant shootouts and projectile based enemies. And so Crapcom really needs to redeem themselves with RE7. For their sake, or they are gonna find out what trouble is.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 10:56 am

Where's Barry? He made a trip into Half Life as Father Grigori and got a haircut. Where is he now? Dunno.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 1:07 pm

Barry was supposed to be in Resident Evil 5 at some point. Capcom probably won't bring him back, he's hitting his mid 50's by now. Capcom seems to fancy themselves younger characters.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 1:36 pm

I think it's time for a full on RE reboot by now. Capcom through their interviews have already revealed they don't know what the fuck to do with RE. It wouldn't be such a great loss anyway, since it's been years since we've seen characters like Rebecca, Claire and others. I think it's time to put traditional RE to bed and let capcom take notes from Evil Within (if it does well). Here's hoping.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 1:52 pm

My only concern with a reboot would be the characters. If Capcom introduced an entirely new cast, I couldn't see myself getting attached to any of them. I can't even get attached to any of the new characters now. A good majority of the Resident Evil fan base probably wouldn't be happy with characters like Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire, and so fourth being replaced after 17 years of getting to know and love these characters. I support rebooting the story, but Capcom has to stick with the same cast.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 2:22 pm

Same cast, same situation, different timeline.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 3:50 pm

Why don't they just go the Resident Evil 4 route where they drop everything from the story and just seclude themselves from the past games. They don't necessarily have to reboot everything.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 4:36 pm

I think seclusion may not be that good for Resident Evil in terms of story. Resident Evil 4 started a new story arc for the series, and ever since then, Resident Evil's story has been a mess. Every new game has a stand alone story that has very little to do with the previous story.

I was a fan of how Resident Evil 0 through Resident Evil: Code Veronica followed a clean, cohesive story. Everything was easy to follow and the things that were happening made sense.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 12:54 am

DampRevil wrote:
I think seclusion may not be that good for Resident Evil in terms of story. Resident Evil 4 started a new story arc for the series, and ever since then, Resident Evil's story has been a mess. Every new game has a stand alone story that has very little to do with the previous story.

I was a fan of how Resident Evil 0 through Resident Evil: Code Veronica followed a clean, cohesive story. Everything was easy to follow and the things that were happening made sense.

I have to disagree. While RE4 and RE6 had barely nothing to do with the overall story, RE5 did a good job following from Umbrella's End with LiN and then the main game while also bringing the Albert Wesker saga to an end, while RER filled the gap between the two games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 3:27 am

And then, things just got all confusing and 'DBZ' like for the series...story wise.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 4:40 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
DampRevil wrote:

I have to disagree. While RE4 and RE6 had barely nothing to do with the overall story, RE5 did a good job following from Umbrella's End with LiN and then the main game while also bringing the Albert Wesker saga to an end, while RER filled the gap between the two games.
True, plus you finally get to meet Spencer in LiN! He's kind of dead when you get to him, though.  Razz
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 12:30 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

I do agree that Resident Evil 5 is connected to the overall story of the series. Like you said, it's more so Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 6 that throw off the balance.

While Resident Evil: Revelations does bridge the gap between 4 and 5, it has no connection to 4 at all. While Revelations does connect to 5 more, it doesn't have a huge impact. Revelations gives a very brief summary of how the B.S.A.A. came into existence and that's about it. While the ending showed Chris and Jill walking towards the Spencer Estate, the game never even clarified how they got the tip that led them to Spencer. Revelations is basically a stand alone story that follows four B.S.A.A. agents as they try to stop a terrorist attack.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 3:39 pm

The Spike wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
The Spike wrote:

Billy Coen is actually pretty underequipped. He's the only character in all of RE who can not mix herbs. Buttt he can play the piano, which Chris cannot. But he has a lighter, which Jill does not. But she is The Master Of Unlocking, which Barry is not. Haha I shoulda left it at Billy.

And really, what I want in RE7 is...Barry. Where's Barry? ¿Donde esta Barry? You know they've been teasing the fans with Barry, with fewer appearances than freakin Ozwell E. Spencer, and little Mercs cameos in Reunion. But come on, anything Barry does is going to be complete gold. Freaking platinum. RE6 was a great game overall, but a real mistep at the same time. Chris and Jake's campaigns are nearly unbearable due to constant shootouts and projectile based enemies. And so Crapcom really needs to redeem themselves with RE7. For their sake, or they are gonna find out what trouble is.
After playing as Barry in The Mercenaries Reunion, I really do wonder what he's up to. His daughters must be independent now so I guess he became Canada's best Comedian. Where else did Wesker learn his jokes?
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 4:30 pm

Nobudy wrote:
The Spike wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
The Spike wrote:

After playing as Barry in The Mercenaries Reunion, I really do wonder what he's up to. His daughters must be independent now so I guess he became Canada's best Comedian. Where else did Wesker learn his jokes?

No joke, Barry is my choice for the protagonist of the next RE game. Whether that's RE7 or something else. I think it would be a hit. Granted they make a satisfying RE experience, Barry in RE7 could easily top what RE4 did for Leon, or what RE5 did for Chris. Barry is already the fucking man just because of RE1, especially the original, but REmake too. A modern day situation with Barry freakin Burton? What things will Barry say and do? IDK but it will be brilliant! Im starting to sound like PWNERX, who has an unhealthy "fetish" with Barry Burton.

Barry Burton for RE7. RE7 is Barry Burton. Barry Burton and RE7 go together like peanut butter and jelly. If the glove does not fit, Barry Burton for RE7!
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 5:03 pm

Vote for Arnuhld...I mean, Barry for RE7! (And I wouldn't go as far as to call it a fetish...)
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 5:34 pm

Potato, potahto.

Vote For Barry.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 1:48 am

DampRevil wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I do agree that Resident Evil 5 is connected to the overall story of the series. Like you said, it's more so Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 6 that throw off the balance.

While Resident Evil: Revelations does bridge the gap between 4 and 5, it has no connection to 4 at all. While Revelations does connect to 5 more, it doesn't have a huge impact. Revelations gives a very brief summary of how the B.S.A.A. came into existence and that's about it. While the ending showed Chris and Jill walking towards the Spencer Estate, the game never even clarified how they got the tip that led them to Spencer. Revelations is basically a stand alone story that follows four B.S.A.A. agents as they try to stop a terrorist attack.

Sorry, I should've been more clear with what I meant. I wasn't saying RER fits because it bridges the gap between 4 and 5, I meant that it fits because it fills the gap between Umbrella's End (from Umbrella Chronicles) and RE5. Like I said, RE4 didn't really contribute to the overall story, it was more of a side story explaining the appearance of the plaga. I think of RER like I think of RE2 compared to RE1. A whole new setting a while after the previous game explaining some of the major details (in this case the establishment of B.S.A.A. and its early days) and doesn't relate to the previous title(s) all that much. So to say, it fits Chris and Jill's story and has a place in the main continuity while RE4 and RE6 are pretty irrelevent in the overall picture, like you agree on.

Come to think of it, Leon is pretty irrelevant in the series now that Krauser is dead and Sherry is free from the government lockdown. Sure he has the whole Ada deal going on (get a room already!) and something must be up with Manuela but still, there's not much going on for him within the overall story. They could at least have had Simmons survive from RE6 so that there'd be some bigger evil for him to fight instead of the cliche "terrorists there, send elite agent to dispose of" story. Not saying this because I'd dislike Leon though, he's still one of my favorite characters.

Kinda derailed the discussion with that but hey, it was a thought.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 7:42 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
DampRevil wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Sorry, I should've been more clear with what I meant. I wasn't saying RER fits because it bridges the gap between 4 and 5, I meant that it fits because it fills the gap between Umbrella's End (from Umbrella Chronicles) and RE5. Like I said, RE4 didn't really contribute to the overall story, it was more of a side story explaining the appearance of the plaga. I think of RER like I think of RE2 compared to RE1. A whole new setting a while after the previous game explaining some of the major details (in this case the establishment of B.S.A.A. and its early days) and doesn't relate to the previous title(s) all that much. So to say, it fits Chris and Jill's story and has a place in the main continuity while RE4 and RE6 are pretty irrelevent in the overall picture, like you agree on.

Come to think of it, Leon is pretty irrelevant in the series now that Krauser is dead and Sherry is free from the government lockdown. Sure he has the whole Ada deal going on (get a room already!) and something must be up with Manuela but still, there's not much going on for him within the overall story. They could at least have had Simmons survive from RE6 so that there'd be some bigger evil for him to fight instead of the cliche "terrorists there, send elite agent to dispose of" story. Not saying this because I'd dislike Leon though, he's still one of my favorite characters.

Kinda derailed the discussion with that but hey, it was a thought.

Will there ever be a conclusion to the LeonxAda thing?

I bet Leon has enough for at least one more good RE game; maybe something involving him and the prez in the oral office. It'll be like Lewinski and Clinton Part Duex!

I'm still rooting for Barry though. Barry Burton for RE7!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 7:58 am

The Spike wrote:
Will there ever be a conclusion to the LeonxAda thing?

I think we're at least getting there, they already had at least that one night according to Damnation.

The Spike wrote:
oral office

wat
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 8:21 am

Even if LeonxAda had some night that was hinted at in Damnation, what did it solve? What needs to happen for it to work? Or maybe they aren't meant to work.

And I meant oval office. No wait, actually I didn't.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 12:21 pm

Teh Spike wrote:
Even if LeonxAda had some night that was hinted at in Damnation, what did it solve? What needs to happen for it to work? Or maybe they aren't meant to work.

And I meant oval office. No wait, actually I didn't.
Leon's final appearance will have him dying for Ada. I mean when you look at it, Leon defending "Ada" from Chris caused even more problems for Chris, Piers, and the real Ada. Come to think of it, Ada is the major reason 6's plot exists in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 7 - Discussion
Page 17 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next