HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 7 - Discussion

Go down 
+51
residentleet
VitalSigns
Mullet_Wesker
PAULSAMSON
Jamesy
VoyageTreader08
ToCool74
Revenant662
Ssplain
DivideByZero
DampRevil
weskydude
EQOAnostalgia
Pau Diaz
Shrike
halestride
Sundown31
02viperacr
Valentine Fan
gowett
AWDCP
The mastAH!
Sakura the zombie slayer
37 Narwhals
chrisredfield84
Minizue
GTMippey
RaviorStygian
MSR
Industrial Ridden
PWNERX
gucci13
Progenitor
will1234562
Spike991
Melissa_89
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Teh Black Cat
DeadlyGenetics
chrisredfielmusculo
kevdliu
00biohazard
RebelliousQueen
chocotricks
Ghost Leader
Nobudy
Venoym
White Rock
Mass Distraction
Methsia
Vandal
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23
AuthorMessage
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 12:50 am

True, true. And Teh_Spike would say that first RE movie was genuinely pretty cool. The kill scenes, the action. Hell, the acting wasn't bad. Plus, Marilyn Manson and Marco Beltrami(Wes Craven Scream series) collaborated for the films score.

The 2nd movie was cool, although it deviated even more from the RE games.
Back to top Go down
LindaWesker19
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 1:01 am

if they gonna make re7 i think will be awesome

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 11:39 am

LindaWesker19 wrote:

Hmm. Do you have any input? Is there anything you would specifically like to see from RE7? Would be interesting to know.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 10:57 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
LindaWesker19 wrote:

Hmm. Do you have any input? Is there anything you would specifically like to see from RE7? Would be interesting to know.

remember the 'avengers' idea? yah that still stands
Back to top Go down
PierreLeSang
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
PierreLeSang

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 1:45 pm

I hope new RE won't be as long as RE6 and will have more action-horror stuff from RE4 and no coop please, because it takes away the fear.
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 1:17 pm

Just do one last game and end the franchise there. Let it die with some degree of dignity left. The glory days are long gone and can't be brought back.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 2:13 pm

Honestly, whether the series is still good or not is entirely a question of opinions.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 3:58 pm

It's still more or less successful, so there's enough demand at the moment to keep it going.
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 5:37 pm

There may be demand, but there's no longer the quality. I think a majority of the fan base and the professional critics are in agreement there. And satisfying that demand by pumping out all these standalone titles is just hurting the franchise even more.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 5:55 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Honestly, whether the series is still good or not is entirely a question of opinions.

nvm him, he's at that time of the month again
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 8:07 pm

TheBatMan wrote:
There may be demand, but there's no longer the quality. I think a majority of the fan base and the professional critics are in agreement there. And satisfying that demand by pumping out all these standalone titles is just hurting the franchise even more.
Fan and critic opinions don't matter, dollars do. As long as there are brand loyalists who will keep throwing money into the pool, Capcom will keep making the games. Remember, the video game industry is still a business and the end goal is to make money.
Back to top Go down
Lukong
Cerberus
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 1:40 pm

TheBatMan wrote:
Just do one last game and end the franchise there. Let it die with some degree of dignity left. The glory days are long gone and can't be brought back.

Are you kidding me, there is so much RE Game didn't even explore (Wesker/Son Powers, Controlling your own BSAA Squad or District or Army, being an Infected Nemesis...I recently came up with the idea to play from 3 Sides = Corps/Infect/Develop/Build/Protect, Army/Fight/Save & Citizen/Survive/Raid/Community + Zombies/Lead/Grow=Prototypish=EXP=Eat/Multiple=Infect=No-Eat + Good/Bad Executive/Soldier/Citizen/Infected + Objective Takeover/Restore/Destroy the World, but I can be a Dog or El Gigante... some ideas were given to State of Decay) and with the knowledge I've learnt from other things like how Refuel has a bigger map than Skyrim (Approx 10% of Refuel) by generically coding the map (Similar to NoMan's Sky Galaxy System), but the reason the game did poorly cause it didn't have action.

Refuel's Map system can be used any game and then expand on that like how Metal Gear Solid has not yet explored a "insert words here" where the world is ending and you have to build your own Metal Gears, sabotaging enemies bases/etc and leading a group of compas to a revolution like Dynasty Warriors or Front Missions/Armored Cores opening CGI Movies...we haven't even gotten that gameplay -some is still in CGI- let alone if RE did that...and not generically (Like Mass Effect 3 ending), but based on the Players time put into the game -Imagine being in a war as Snake, boardering an Enemies large Metal Gears and taking it over/down or being Raiden and going from the outside or something. The only game I know that does this is Star Wars Battlefront (Elite Squadron), but do they have Stealth like Snake & Swordplay like Raiden...Darth Vader doesn't turn into Jack the Ripper and run off the arms of Metal Gears.

If Refuel's System was tweaked it could have 4 seasons of different types of land; city, town, village, forest, desert, mountains, sea land, underwater city, etc a map of all maps (Places like Space would sadly be separated).

All these games have been giving us small one-on-one fights (RE2-3 and every Boss Battle),  brawls (RE4 & RERev1),  to few battles (RE6) and we haven't even gone to town on this zombies...we didn't see the aftermath of Terragrigia (Not referring to The Whale), Raccoon City and China...the CAPCOM movies like Degeneration (Is Someone going to tell me that isn't or shouldn't or you don't want it to be canon)...

I get it and I understand RE Revelations was awesome probably cause it got back to the basics, but snap, I understand zombies get boring and hence why the other enemies (That can now shoot, etc), but we are still shooting them and nothing more.

Puzzles in RE games didn't make the game a Survival Horror, but did challenge the Intelligence of a Player, though for me after seeing it in RE2, 3 & 4 I was pissed (Made me ask myself why do people hide things with so many Artifacts or statues).
Though now I'm hearing there insulting/to easy (RE5/6)...the type of puzzles I was referring to back in the day is what we see in Last of Us or RE Revelations (Loved those Puzzles -the A/B/C pipe pressure- absolutely keep doing that CAPCOM)...if its in your way find a smart way of moving it -the Player can learn how the puzzle works from watching it activate- not kill a boss for a keys/artifacts & clue is somewhere else or at least have a boss blocking your way. For me though it is annoying when in reality I would shoot a doorknob off, but I need a Jewellery to unlock it.
I loved that RERev had smart enemies that "trip" so you end up missing.

The way I see it is every game does its thing in a specific way like Metal Gear Solid cover system (PW) vs others where you slide to cover (GTA 4). So technically no game can end both gameplay wise and story wise, but if they do something wrong and end up paying more than can recover from or someone else takes over.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 8:40 pm

I don't understand much of what you are saying Lukong, but at least you manage to look smart by typing large paragraphs.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Lukong
Cerberus
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 8:59 pm

PWNERX wrote:
I don't understand much of what you are saying Lukong, but at least you manage to look smart by typing large paragraphs.
Actually I don't, my thoughts are usually useless, lazy, aimless and unorganized.
As well smart people don't talk a lot -they do a lot-, foolish people do (Pro29:11).

For me I just have a hard time explaining or illustrating things properly
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 6:55 am

Lukong wrote:
Are you kidding me, there is so much RE Game didn't even explore (Wesker/Son Powers)

I think Albert's powers were pretty fully explored in the series. He was part of the Wesker Children program and the subject to many an experiment, then he injected himself with the virus I forget the name of in the original RE which gave him the powers he had. He kept taking this drug thing shown in RE5 to keep the virus of his in bay and eventually went and shoved his hand in a pile of nope with the Uroboros, which eventually got him killed. Entire story of his powers and viral infections told right in the games.

As for Jake, it's not really known if he had any kind of powers to begin with but his natural adaptability with viruses (he had Albert's genes) prevented him from mutating after injecting himself with the C-virus at the beginning of RE6, the virus most likely being the factor that boosted his powers.

Lukong wrote:
the CAPCOM movies like Degeneration (Is Someone going to tell me that isn't or shouldn't or you don't want it to be canon)...

It is canon, don't worry.

By the way, though I don't exactly see why it would have been relevant here, I doubt there will be a new Metal Gear, seeing how Konami is nowadays. We'll probably get a pachinko out of it, though.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 8:27 am

I am not sure what I would like from Resident Evil 7 at this point. To me, the most interesting plot lines are all in the past and I think I had rather see the history of past events explored in greater detail as opposed to some new (insert a random letter here)-virus.

I am ready to see our main protagonist stories come to a close. We have talked about it in detail before and someone had the idea that they could become secondary characters in the games. I still think it is time for people to start dying though, we still need to lose that feeling up invincibility.  

This involves a potential spoiler for Revelations 2...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 9:55 am

Ssplain wrote:
This involves a potential spoiler for Revelations 2...
Spoiler:

In a sense the ending was cool but it really didn't make much sense if you truly think about it. It almost felt like it was whipped up last minute, since everything else in the game always leads up to the good ending.
Back to top Go down
Lukong
Cerberus
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 8:24 pm

Okay good way to explain having Wesker's Powers like Prototype or even getting to be a B.O.W.s or I guess like MGS:GZ/PP is being the Bad Guy and building your own Umbrella Corps

- Maybe your at The Top trying to Profit or maybe or at The Bottom of Corps trying to destroy
- Using your Viruses/Vaccines to gain Powers, sell for profit
- Taking people (Going into survivor's camps either Abduct large groups with CorpForce or well protected single unique person through Undercover) to conduct your experiments

- Probably at some point when your running from Army, you backstab (Inject them with a virus to keep army busy, you escape and later find their body in the rubble) your Assistant/Right Hand man then develop your Right-Hand person to become deadly and carry out attacks on army (Make your own Frankenstein and play as them)

- Probably when your making a decision -cause the virus dulls your thinking- it would be like Fallout 4 (People complained that they made bad chooses cause they didn't know where it lead to or the reward of there choose)

But I guess that doesn't matter cause you'll die in an explosion...I guess everything has been done under the sun so nothing is new. Then again when RE1-3 went to RE4 and FF1-6 went to FF7, I guess it wasn't the new gameplay and new graphics, but same old gameplay people enjoy with new graphics...kinda like what I wish happened with Windows XP.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 7:41 am

This game kind of came out of the blue. We had no real indication that the kitchen based demo was for a new RE game. I have not played it for a while, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 7 - Discussion
Page 23 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23