HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 7 - Discussion

Go down 
+51
residentleet
VitalSigns
Mullet_Wesker
PAULSAMSON
Jamesy
VoyageTreader08
ToCool74
Revenant662
Ssplain
DivideByZero
DampRevil
weskydude
EQOAnostalgia
Pau Diaz
Shrike
halestride
Sundown31
02viperacr
Valentine Fan
gowett
AWDCP
The mastAH!
Sakura the zombie slayer
37 Narwhals
chrisredfield84
Minizue
GTMippey
RaviorStygian
MSR
Industrial Ridden
PWNERX
gucci13
Progenitor
will1234562
Spike991
Melissa_89
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Teh Black Cat
DeadlyGenetics
chrisredfielmusculo
kevdliu
00biohazard
RebelliousQueen
chocotricks
Ghost Leader
Nobudy
Venoym
White Rock
Mass Distraction
Methsia
Vandal
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:19 pm

White Rock wrote:
And we all know the older far better RE games are a thing of the past now

Unfortunately. But they are still doing pretty nicely, like with RER and RE6.

We can always go back and enjoy the better games though, 0,1,2,3,CVX,4.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:25 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
You're not the first to include RE4 in the "old games" category. Since when did that become a "classic" title? I thought it still was one of the new generation ones. I still do prefer RE5 over RE4.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:27 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
You're not the first to include RE4 in the "old games" category. Since when did that become a "classic" title? I thought it still was one of the new generation ones. I still do prefer RE5 over RE4.

Since the atmopshere and stuff was very much that to make the mood sort of tense, and dreadful, I think.

Plus, after RE4, the games started to come out for a new generation of console. I like all 6 of my RE's on GC. RE0, REmake, RE2, RE3, CVX and RE4.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:31 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:

Since the atmopshere and stuff was very much that to make the mood sort of tense, and dreadful, I think.

Plus, after RE4, the games started to come out for a new generation of console. I like all 6 of my RE's on GC. RE0, REmake, RE2, RE3, CVX and RE4.
I guess that makes sense. I still like to think of the change in camera style as the generation breaker, which means that I count RE4 and DA as the start of the new generation of RE games.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:33 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:

I guess that makes sense. I still like to think of the change in camera style as the generation breaker, which means that I count RE4 and DA as the start of the new generation of RE games.

But what about Survivor's First Person View? Or the First Person View in CVX, via Alfred's sniper?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:36 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:

But what about Survivor's First Person View? Or the First Person View in CVX, via Alfred's sniper?
I'm mainly referring to the 3rd person perspective you had when exploring the areas. It's basically the same as playing RER with the 1st person aiming turned on.

The rifle thing is only brief and makes more sense as it is, you know, a sniper rifle with the scope 'n all.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:45 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:

I'm mainly referring to the 3rd person perspective you had when exploring the areas. It's basically the same as playing RER with the 1st person aiming turned on.

The rifle thing is only brief and makes more sense as it is, you know, a sniper rifle with the scope 'n all.

Survivor plays exactly like previous RE games, just in First Person actually. RE4 does too, but OTS.

On a side note, I did just recently figure out that you can indeed quick-turn in DA. By pressing down twice. Smile I had never known that.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:53 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:

Survivor plays exactly like previous RE games, just in First Person actually. RE4 does too, but OTS.
RE5 plays like that too but that's beside the point. I meant that the change from the fixed angles to the over the shoulder perspective marks the change for me.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:49 pm

RE4 was the start of the new generation. Hell, RE has been an action saga for so long, that all the old generation of RE games probably died in like 2004.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 12:22 am

White Rock wrote:
RE4 was the start of the new generation. Hell, RE has been an action saga for so long, that all the old generation of RE games probably died in like 2004.

RE has been pretty action influenced since around 1999, with RE3. Gotta love fully automatic weapons, action-dodging, and explosive barrels.

Since then, CVX, Dead Aim and RE4, and even the Outbreaks, have followed the formula of adding more action, to the horror. All of those games did it very well.

RE5 is an awesome game, with probably one of the best stories and epic musical scores in the entire series. But I do feel like the forced cooperative gameplay during the story, as well as everything being real-time, like the inventory, and how you are in a very linear fashion, moving foward from one area to the next, pretty much omits any of that dread, tension and horror.

They need to drop forced co-op in the story, or maybe have a separate story to play through with your friends. Heck, if we got Mercs, you can even just play that with your friends. Or if they add a Battle Game or Raid type mode, co-op doesn't absolutely have to be in the main story.

@Mass, CVX's Battle Game allowed you to play through entirely first person. The camera change from OTS didn't seem too drastic to me, especially if all the same buttons did the same things and the movement was still tank-like. First person or OTS, Survivor and RE4 each play like RE despite a different camera.

Since then, the controls have resembled FPS, and the RE controls are no longer default, but at least they are still there.

RE6 plays very well, but is actually the first main storyline game to drop the tank-like movement. I'm not up for all of the changes Capcom is making, but I thought they did a pretty good job with RE6's controls.

It's like they were testing and implimenting things into the overall control scheme with RER and ORC, just getting their feet wet, and I think made RE6 very playable. Again, my only real problem with those controls is that the RE Control scheme isn't default. It's not even a set of different set control schemes in RE6, like in RE5 and Mercs3D, it's various options such as, which stick you aim with, which buttons you aim/shoot with, and laser sight or reticle. I will be extremely dissapointed if they drop the RE controls completely, like ORC.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 5:14 am

Capcom has really got to stop forcing co-op in Resident Evil. Co-op should be an extra feature, like how Raid Mode was for Revelations.

Also, I'd rather have one really good campaign than four painfully mediocre campaigns any day.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 5:23 am

Mercy wrote:
Capcom has really got to stop forcing co-op in Resident Evil. Co-op should be an extra feature, like how Raid Mode was for Revelations.

I concur. But I think it's probably gotten to the point where it's the kind of thing, where if they don't impliment co-op, then they think that everyone and their mama is going to hate them forever. Or something...

Mercy wrote:
Also, I'd rather have one really good campaign than four painfully mediocre campaigns any day.

Definitely. I think I recall someone saying that they were testing different gameplay types with the different campaigns to see how people responded to it, and maybe to see which direction to go in. They shouldn't use one of their main story RE games as a guinea pig test subject though, if that's the case.

I think we can all agree that RE6 has wayyy too much stuff going on in that one game. It's honestly overwhelming and hard to keep up with some times. It doesn't help that the Files are completely inconvienant to obtain, so instead of helping clear up the holes with Files, I just stay confused because I don't find them all, because one has to go extremely out of their way to aquire them.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 5:36 am

Bleh, it's either too early or too late for me to expound on what I wish to expound upon. But I will say this; Resident Evil 6 is a prototype to see what the fans like because they don't know what fans like anymore. They've become so whipped by us that they make us fill out surveys in what we like and don't like. After Resident Evil 6, the main thing they should learn is that Resident Evil is popular, but if you mess it up, no one is going to buy any copies of your title.

Last edited by Mercy on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 5:46 am

Mercy wrote:
Bleh, it's either too early or too late for me to expound on wha I wish to expound upon. But I will say this; Resident Evil 6 is a prototype to see what the fans like because they don't know what fans like anymore. They've become so whipped by us that they make us fill out surveys in what we like and don't like. After Resident Evil 6, the main thing they should learn is that Resident Evil is popular, but if you mess it up, no one is going to buy any copies of your title.

They want to bank, as do we all, but they need to stop trying to cater to people that don't give two shits about the series, and are just looking for their next shooting fix til CoD Modern Black Ops Warfare 6 comes out, and actually listen to us fans, who know what we want from the games, and are trying to help Capcom get it right, for the right people.

Also, the shooter fans, they've always complained about how you can't run and shoot, but you can in RE6, so what's up their butts now?
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 8:18 am

Alright, Ive got my RE7 Story underway.

Miami, Florida. August 22nd, 2013...

Initially, it was believed Neo-Umbrella was finished on the night Carla Radames and Derek Simmons brought about a national disaster, eliminating the President, and infecting thousands with the C-Virus, which is now eliminated due to the cure within Jake Muller, the illegitamate son of the late bio-terrorist Albert Wesker. Now, in a major city at the coast of Florida, Claire Redfield, the Sister of Chris Redfield, vacations from her new job at a motorcycle custom works shop over in California. Across town is Raccoon City survivor Kevin Ryman, who is finishing up his shift at a local Police Station. Around this time, the Government recieves a Message from an unknown source;"We want $1,000,000 within the next hour, or we will strike one of your major cities." President Truman doesn't agree with the terrorrist's. However, no one suspected a Bio-chemical attack...
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 9:47 am

PWNERX wrote:

Initially, it was believed Neo-Umbrella was finished on the night Carla Radames and Derek Simmons brought about a national disaster, eliminating the President, and infecting thousands with the C-Virus, which is now eliminated due to the cure within Jake Muller, the illegitamate son of the late bio-terrorist Albert Wesker. Now, in a major city at the coast of Florida, Claire Redfield, the Sister of Chris Redfield, vacations from her new job at a motorcycle custom works shop over in California. Across town is Raccoon City survivor Kevin Ryman, who is finishing up his shift at a local Police Station. Around this time, the Government recieves a Message from an unknown source;"We want $1,000,000 within the next hour, or we will strike one of your major cities." President Truman doesn't agree with the terrorrist's. However, no one suspected a Bio-chemical attack...

There's one major flaw with that. Main numbered RE titles always take place around the year they are released on Razz
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 2:31 pm

Spike wrote:
They want to bank, as do we all, but they need to stop trying to cater to people that don't give two shits about the series, and are just looking for their next shooting fix til CoD Modern Black Ops Warfare 6 comes out, and actually listen to us fans, who know what we want from the games, and are trying to help Capcom get it right, for the right people.
Honestly, I think that we can come up with a better Resident Evil game than Capcom. What we want isn't that hard to do, it's just that practically no company is delivering.

Spike wrote:
Also, the shooter fans, they've always complained about how you can't run and shoot, but you can in RE6, so what's up their butts now?
Maybe because it's monotonous and boring? Resident Evil 6 isn't all that, even the action shooter guy fans know that.

Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

There's one major flaw with that. Main numbered RE titles always take place around the year they are released on Razz
That and a major organization would ask for way more than $1,000,000. Also it wasn't a natural disaster, it was a bio-organic warfare. What's up with Florida? Resident Evil never points out which state the attack is taking place, so why Florida? Additionally, how can Claire manage her busy job at TeraSave and a Motorcycle shop? I'm also failing to see where this is all going. So the 33rd President of the United States who died in the 70's, ignores terrorist demands and then what? One of the major cities gets blown to bits? Not following. Where does the gameplay come in?
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 7:49 am

Sorry Mercy, I said NATIONAL disaster. Also, Truman is a Grandson of the old Pres. Truman. And I shall change 1,000,000 for 1,000,000,000. Claire has a part time job xD.

Gameplay is fairly simple. You could have the option to include some rather simplistic RE 6 style controls with RE 2 style management, with an unlockable Tank-control option. Limited ammo, as usual. Oh, and puzzles. Electricfied water, locked doors, conspiracy crap, and even horrible deaths. All with decision making, and possibly a rediculous amount of cameos. Complain if you want, but I am going to work on this.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 8:01 am

Aye, that was my fault.

Still, I think some of the ideas are farfetched. We still don't know who's in the game and who isn't. All you mentioned was Claire and Kevin. Jake's only purpose in your synopsis states he was the cure for the C Virus.

Honestly, why Florida? Why Kevin? Why Truman's son? Why is it important? Why are the terrorist attacks on America important?
Back to top Go down
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

Playstation Network IceFireWarden
Steam : IceFireWarden

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:09 pm

PWNERX wrote:

I think Kevin would be cool if he wasn't a Raccoon City survivor. Better yet, make it so that he completely doesn't BELIEVE that Raccoon City was infested by zombies. That would make it interesting, because Claire would be like "That happened!!" and Kevin would be like "Girl please, like something like that could really happen!!". Also, maybe make it that Kevin is older (like around 50-60, since we always have young characters) and if you want a connection to Raccoon City, then have it that his son escaped from it and lied to him about what really happened (because he secretly works for umbrella).

Also, Florida wouldn't be so bad. Would be kind of cool to see Zombies N' Fun in the Sun Very Happy .

Why the terrorist want to attack America, beats me. Maybe add in a little real world rivalry, like North Korea wants to weaken America so when they start another war they can't win. (No offense to anyone who is North or South Korean.

Also, have a Steve Burnside and HUNK minigame (separate of course Razz) and that would be a really good plot for a RE7

Have a pleasant day.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AWeDontCareProduct/featured
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:40 pm

AWDCP wrote:
I think Kevin would be cool if he wasn't a Raccoon City survivor. Better yet, make it so that he completely doesn't BELIEVE that Raccoon City was infested by zombies. That would make it interesting, because Claire would be like "That happened!!" and Kevin would be like "Girl please, like something like that could really happen!!". Also, maybe make it that Kevin is older (like around 50-60, since we always have young characters) and if you want a connection to Raccoon City, then have it that his son escaped from it and lied to him about what really happened (because he secretly works for umbrella).
You do realize he is talking about Kevin Ryman?
Back to top Go down
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 2:00 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
AWDCP wrote:
You do realize he is talking about Kevin Ryman?

lol I totally didn't see the Ryman. My bad.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 2:16 pm

Antagonist idea: anyone remember 4d executer? The mutated monstrsity from that had a human like thinking pattern, and even had the ability to attain forms of people that its killed. Sooo.... it kills certain amount of people, and eventually mutates enough that it absoarbs its memories, altering its original "Destroy umbrella aproach". Although, it sounds stupid.
Back to top Go down
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 2:20 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Antagonist idea: anyone remember 4d executer? The mutated monstrsity from that had a human like thinking pattern, and even had the ability to attain forms of people that its killed. Sooo.... it kills certain amount of people, and eventually mutates enough that it absoarbs its memories, altering its original "Destroy umbrella aproach". Although, it sounds stupid.

Doesn't sound stupid, but it it sounds like a plan. Very Happy Wouldn't mind blowing him up with a rocket launcher- filled with GRENADES!!! Duh Duh Duh Razz
Back to top Go down
02viperacr
User BANNED
User BANNED
02viperacr

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 3:14 pm

lets bring Alice into RE7 so the movies doesnt seem so bad

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 7 - Discussion
Page 10 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next