Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 7 - Discussion

Go down 
+51
residentleet
VitalSigns
Mullet_Wesker
PAULSAMSON
Jamesy
VoyageTreader08
ToCool74
Revenant662
Ssplain
DivideByZero
DampRevil
weskydude
EQOAnostalgia
Pau Diaz
Shrike
halestride
Sundown31
02viperacr
Valentine Fan
gowett
AWDCP
The mastAH!
Sakura the zombie slayer
37 Narwhals
chrisredfield84
Minizue
GTMippey
RaviorStygian
MSR
Industrial Ridden
PWNERX
gucci13
Progenitor
will1234562
Spike991
Melissa_89
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Teh Black Cat
DeadlyGenetics
chrisredfielmusculo
kevdliu
00biohazard
RebelliousQueen
chocotricks
Ghost Leader
Nobudy
Venoym
White Rock
Mass Distraction
Methsia
Vandal
55 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Resident Evil 7 - Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:11 am

Okay, so I've been talking with a friend who isn't looking forward to Resident Evil 6, and yes I do see some problems in the way Capcom is taking the series, so this is my list of how Resident Evil 7 should be, from characters to gameplay, this is my dream game that I just have to get off my chest. We do know that Capcom is trying to speed up production time on their biggest franchises, so Resident Evil 7 is imminent after a huge blockbuster videogame that is to be Resident Evil 6. 

[Link]

Resident Evil 7: How it should be done. 

Characters~

Have three scenarios just like Resident Evil 6, but six ways to start up. For each campaign have two options to start the game. For example, if they had Rebecca/Billy campaign, you could either start as Rebecca or Billy. Chapter 1-1 will be solely Rebecca trying to find Billy or vise versa. Single player should be an option, this doesn't mean you're getting rid of AI or your partner, you could control either character much like in Resident Evil Ø. 

Who you choose and who you play as should make an impact on how you play, like Rebecca is weaker, but faster, she takes more damage but heals more with smaller herbs. Billy is stronger, but he can't squeeze through smaller spaces, he can take a lot of hits, but he needs stronger herbs to heal up. 

If Jill were to partner up with Barry, she could run away from danger faster, but Barry could hold himself better in tight situations than Jill can. In Resident Evil 6, it looks like it doesn't matter who you choose, the only differences between the characters are different situations the characters get into when they get separated. 

Who they choose is also a huge part of the game. I would really like to see Jill/Claire/Rebecca, their partners could vary and I don't really care who they choose, but if Rebecca is in it, Billy better be her partner. It would be pretty cool to see Barry, Alex, Carlos, or Ark as partners for Jill and Claire, or they could just be completely new characters. Just as long as they don't pair them up with another girl. I can just see so much gay art and fanfics coming out for Chris and Peirs in the coming months. I mean, some things they do is already a little gay. I saw some gameplay footage of Chris getting downed, Peirs ran up to him and held Chris' head up and fed him some pills. God… Resident Evil pairings were always male/female: Chris/Jill, Leon/Claire, Jill/Carlos, Claire/Steve, Rebecca/Billy, Leon/Ashley, Chris/Sheva… what happened?

Though they may be making an industry standard, I would rather have one good campaign than three half-assed campaigns. 

Gameplay~

The fact that you can customize so much in Resident Evil 6 is a step in a good direction for Capcom, getting rid of the HUD, Crosshairs, lasers, and whatever you basically want is good. Some of us don't want all this crap around the screen and the next in the series shouldn't slack on this fact, in addition Resident Evil 7 should maintain smooth controls. 

Bring horror back, this includes music, atmosphere, and enemy type, if they miss the marks on any one of these, Resident Evil 7 won't live up to it's reputation. Resident Evil Revelations did a remarkable job with horror, yet they tried to squeeze action into the title as if it didn't know what genre it was, Resident Evil's identity is getting meshed with action in order to appeal to the Call of Duty market. The gaming industry is already saturated with a plethora of action titles, the reason you buy Resident Evil isn't because you want to get your fix on action, nor is it because of the "brilliant" story, you buy Resident Evil titles because the game instilled fear in you, and we all like to feel vulnerable from time to time. If Resident Evil doesn't do horror, what left of it's established identity is left? You can give nods to past games and references to them as much as you like, with enemies, bosses, and characters, but it still won't be the same. Not if it doesn't have what the franchise stands for,  not if it doesn't hold the values that the titles had when Shinji Mikami was overseeing his creation. I believe it started with the movies; in Resident Evil 3, whenever Nemesis came around the corner he scared the shit out of you, from his size, to his voice, everything about him scared the shit out of you. The moment he appeared you gunned it, run away from that bastard. In Resident Evil Apocalypse, what does Alice do? Run up to Nemesis and do some Kung-Fu moves on him. Then it ends up that Nemesis has feelings and he's good after all. Resident Evil needs horror, and it needs to avoid as many Michael Bay styled explosions as possible. 

Make environmental issues present. For example, if you're going to be in the desert look for water, if you're going to be in the snow, look for heat, if you're going to be in a forest, find shelter, find weapons, if you're going to be in a city, find transportation. Make the player think so he or she has to actually survive. After all, what's a survival horror game without surviving? These are just small things that Capcom has already done. Resident Evil 5 was supposed to have Chris looking for water in a desert as he hallucinates and becomes dehydrated, they scrapped that idea. In Lost Planet, you had to kill enemies for heat, collecting it was a key part in survival. 

In game unlockables really do affect the replay value of the game, if you could just pay for unlockables, then you didn't earn it, you just bought it. On top of that, if you buy it early, there would be no point in playing again if you already have it. Unlockables costumes, weapons, and side missions are things that Resident Evil isn't unfamiliar with. Why should we have to pay for Lost in Nightmares or pay for Chris' Warrior costume or Sheva's Business Costume? 

Backtracking and freedom to explore and roam was always important to Resident Evil, if the game was less linear, then the game can become significantly longer without Capcom even really trying to lengthen the title by piling on campaign after campaign. The games have become so linear you could almost see the invisible walls and signs directing you so you could be on track. 

Story~

Make it simple. Just don't lose focus or track of what's going on in the plot. In Resident Evil 4 your goal was really simple: rescue the President's missing daughter. In Resident Evil 5, you never really had a clear goal. Was if find Irving? Wait he's dead. What about Jill? Why would Chris be trying to find Jill if he thought she was dead? Was it Wesker? He didn't come in until the end of the game. It was a basic shitstorm of ideas. Just make one clear goal, and stick with it. 

Multiple endings would help the story, as well as increase replay value. This makes you choose your choices more wisely or play better as an incentive to see "good" ending or unlock this costume or that weapon. 

I'm sure there's more you would like to see in Resident Evil 7, my question is what would you like to see in the game?

Last edited by Vandal on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:35 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:25 am

I agree with pretty much all of what you wrote. I was quite gutted at the fact that Capcom scrapped the idea of Chris finding water to prevent hallucinations. That would have been cool to deal with.I can imagine struggling to survive whilst the hallucinations kick in.I would be scared then. Really, shame they scrapped that. Now that you mention it, the plot in RE5 was very scattered.

On a sidenote, it was inevitable that Chris-x-Piers was going to happen lol XD
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:18 am

Oh god, I can't take the Chris-x-Wesker pairings, that didn't make any sense; but it's like Capcom is trying to find a reason to pair him up with a butt buddy.

But yeah, majini were supposed to hide in the sand and jump out at you, they had some really interesting set pieces for RE5 that was scrapped.

Is there anything in particular that you want to see in RE7?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:42 am

Mercy wrote:
But yeah, majini were supposed to hide in the sand and jump out at you
Really? Maybe that's where Paul got the idea of burrowing majini zombies.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:21 am

I think all future RE games will have enemies akin to RE4, 5 and 6 just... because Capcom just don't care about "scary" RE games anymore.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:34 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mercy wrote:
But yeah, majini were supposed to hide in the sand and jump out at you
Really? Maybe that's where Paul got the idea of burrowing majini zombies.
Yep, in "The Art of Resident Evil 5" Anpo says in Unpublished and Unused Materials: "We had plans for a huge desert stage, but since there was no cover available out there, we would have had to resort to having the enemies pop out of the sand. (laughs) I was like, "This ain't Whack-A-Mole!" (laughs)

@White Rock: Somehow I believe you, but I still believe that Resident Evil 7 can be the horror title that it deserves to be.
Back to top Go down
Venoym
Cerberus
Cerberus
Venoym

Steam : Venoym

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 3:55 pm

I, like Meth, agree with everything you wrote. I just wonder what stylish jacket Leon will have moved onto then. Razz
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 4:58 pm

Oh lord, I really do hope they move on from Leon and Chris, we've seen enough of them.
Back to top Go down
Venoym
Cerberus
Cerberus
Venoym

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 5:01 pm

Agreed, but I have the feeling they're going to give us more of them. >_> I bet Capcom is like "Fans will never get tired of Leon if we give him an awesome new jacket every release."
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:02 pm

Mercy wrote:
Oh lord, I really do hope they move on from Leon and Chris, we've seen enough of them.
Actually when you narrow it down, Leon hasn't really appeared much in the canon timeline. with his appearance in 6, he still hasn't caught up with Jill in terms of canon appearances.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:26 pm

Yeah but if he were to appear in Resident Evil 7, that would just saturate the Resident Evil canon. In recent canon, he's been in Resident Evil 4, Degeneration, Damnation, and 6. I wouldn't want him in the next game…
Back to top Go down
Venoym
Cerberus
Cerberus
Venoym

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:42 pm

Mercy wrote:
I wouldn't want him in the next game…

I agree. I like Leon, but with him being in most of the recent RE titles, I feel like he's been getting too much spotlight time. I honestly wouldn't mind some more Claire, even though she may not be the easiest to work into the story.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:46 pm

Venoym wrote:
Mercy wrote:

I agree. I like Leon, but with him being in most of the recent RE titles, I feel like he's been getting too much spotlight time. I honestly wouldn't mind some more Claire, even though she may not be the easiest to work into the story.

I'm pretty sure they could just have her working in the office at Terrasave when the virus hits, she could then make her way out of a zombie infested building to the streets and possibly team up with someone out there.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:57 pm

Mercy wrote:
but if Rebecca is in it, Billy better be her partner.
Why? He has no connection whatsoever to the plot of the games. Hell, he had no connection to the plot even in RE0, it was pure chance that he was there. Had his transport been five minutes ahead of or behind schedule, Rebecca would have gone it all alone. There's no reason to bring him back. Same goes for Carlos and Hunk, as much as I like them.
Back to top Go down
Venoym
Cerberus
Cerberus
Venoym

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:02 pm

Mercy wrote:
Venoym wrote:
Mercy wrote:

I'm pretty sure they could just have her working in the office at Terrasave when the virus hits, she could then make her way out of a zombie infested building to the streets and possibly team up with someone out there.

True. That seems like a fun game, too.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:30 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mercy wrote:
but if Rebecca is in it, Billy better be her partner.
Why? He has no connection whatsoever to the plot of the games. Hell, he had no connection to the plot even in RE0, it was pure chance that he was there. Had his transport been five minutes ahead of or behind schedule, Rebecca would have gone it all alone. There's no reason to bring him back. Same goes for Carlos and Hunk, as much as I like them.
Well I think Billy was important to Rebecca's character, he made an impact on her, and I think if things shot to hell she may want to at the very least find him. So I think he plays a part in Rebecca's story for sure which is apart of the plot of the games. Yes, if he never met up with her she would have done it alone, but that didn't happen. I think they could really do something with the characters, how much they spent apart, how much they could get to know each other again, they survived together during a traumatic event, and I don't think either of them would ever forget that, to meet up again, just to experience it once more.

Venoym wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Venoym wrote:
Mercy wrote:

True. That seems like a fun game, too.
I have a problem… I keep coming up with scenarios that will probably never play out.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:48 pm

Mercy wrote:
Well I think Billy was important to Rebecca's character, he made an impact on her, and I think if things shot to hell she may want to at the very least find him. So I think he plays a part in Rebecca's story for sure which is apart of the plot of the games. Yes, if he never met up with her she would have done it alone, but that didn't happen. I think they could really do something with the characters, how much they spent apart, how much they could get to know each other again, they survived together during a traumatic event, and I don't think either of them would ever forget that, to meet up again, just to experience it once more.
Your logic here doesn't really make sense. You're just using a round-about method to try and connect him to the plot.
Back to top Go down
Venoym
Cerberus
Cerberus
Venoym

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:17 pm

@ Mercy

That playing out would probably be a better 60 bucks spent than RE5 or ORC was.

Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:33 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Your logic here doesn't really make sense. You're just using a round-about method to try and connect him to the plot.
I'm not great at articulating myself, usually resulting in long verbose posts. I feel that he's important to Rebecca, if she were to appear in the game, I think it would be important to have Billy in the story. What exactly is the main story's plot right now anyway? We have some virus being spread about the world by a mysterious organization?

Venoym wrote:
@ Mercy

That playing out would probably be a better 60 bucks spent than RE5 or ORC was.

Well to be fair it's only a premise. A premise I would like to play.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:05 am

Mercy wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
I'm not great at articulating myself, usually resulting in long verbose posts. I feel that he's important to Rebecca, if she were to appear in the game, I think it would be important to have Billy in the story. What exactly is the main story's plot right now anyway? We have some virus being spread about the world by a mysterious organization?
And Billy doesn't fit into it anywhere. He was just a passerby, not an Umbrella employee like Birkin or enemy like STARS. He knew nothing of Umbrella's research, nor did Umbrella ever know about him. He has nothing to do with TriCell or Uroboros. Surviving with Rebecca doesn't connect him to the plot. Going by that logic, every character that Jill survived an incident with must accompany her in any following games. That would mean that if she was the star of RE8, then Chris, Barry, Carlos, Sheva, Josh, and Parker would all have to be in, too, because they all "survived a traumatic event" with her.

I'm not trying to put you down, it's just that your explanation for Billy's presence doesn't hold water.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:04 am

Rebecca has only starred in one game. Jill has had at least three entire games to herself, and appeared in several more. She tends to get into the limelight more than Rebecca does, the one story that Rebecca did star in had a partner; Billy. They could easily fit him in, because technically everything after the mansion incident can't connect to Rebecca either, if they were to bring her back, it would make sense, in my opinion, to bring Billy back too.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:30 am

Mercy wrote:
Rebecca has only starred in one game. Jill has had at least three entire games to herself, and appeared in several more. She tends to get into the limelight more than Rebecca does, the one story that Rebecca did star in had a partner; Billy. They could easily fit him in, because technically everything after the mansion incident can't connect to Rebecca either, if they were to bring her back, it would make sense, in my opinion, to bring Billy back too.
Technically Rebecca was in two games, five if one were to count the original RE, DC, and REmake as separate games, and six if one counts her appearance in Mercs Reunion. But that's irrelevant. Jill starred in RE3 without Chris and Chris headlined CV without Jill. Claire was in CV without Leon, while Leon was on RE4's card without Claire. And now Chris and Leon are taking the helm in RE6 without (as far as we know) Jill or Claire. Just being partnered with someone in a game doesn't mean one character is somehow the other's Siamese twin.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:03 am

With all this talk about bringing characters back I'd still prefer they bring old characters back no matter how irrelevant they may be to the main plot, instead of just bringing up more and more new characters.

Who knows, maybe Carlos joined an anti-terrorism group like BSAA after his ordeals and maybe HUNK or Nicholai got hired by another group like Umbrella. As for Billy... I got nothing, sorry. Reunion with Rebecca, just for the kicks?

Where's Ark?!
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 8:39 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Technically Rebecca was in two games, five if one were to count the original RE, DC, and REmake as separate games, and six if one counts her appearance in Mercs Reunion. But that's irrelevant. Jill starred in RE3 without Chris and Chris headlined CV without Jill. Claire was in CV without Leon, while Leon was on RE4's card without Claire. And now Chris and Leon are taking the helm in RE6 without (as far as we know) Jill or Claire. Just being partnered with someone in a game doesn't mean one character is somehow the other's Siamese twin.
I… I didn't say she was in only one game… I said she starred in one game. She made several other appearances, but she starred in one canon portion of the story. Thought I made that part clear. I know they don't have to make him her partner, but I would like to know what happened to him if Rebecca were to appear in the next title.

What Mass said is what I've been trying to say all this time, I'd much rather them use characters already established than tryin to come up with new characters. I mean Wesker's son? Jesus Christ, his backstory is so bad, it's like some bad Resident Evil fan fiction: he wants to support his mom so he decides to become a mercenary… that's so lame. If they had just used a different character or if it had been Alex, it would have made for a better character because they wouldn't have to waste manpower on coming up with some crap story for him.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:34 pm

Meanwhile, Billy Coen`s mother had fallen ill. *THOSE BASTARDS!*, he shouted to himself. Billy then decided to regroup with his old survival partner Rebecca.

Please hold your applaud I know im a genius. RE7 set up right there, send it into capcom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 7 - Discussion
Page 1 of 23Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next