HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition

Go down 
+14
Eab
T-Vaccinated Kid
nekronuke
RightHandVerdugo
RedFieldRiot
MidnightMarksman
NoobsGonnaDie
Spike991
PublicEnemy
Regenerator
NiteKrawler
Finch
lyfesArcanum
frodomir
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition Empty
PostSubject: Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition   Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyMon May 04, 2009 10:36 am

jonslag posted some topics about them and somehow I was thinking about this

If zombies don't eat, they die... Or later they become crimson heads...

What about Ganados or majini? I dont think they eat other humans... Also IN RE 4 village you can see that all the food is rotten... That means they dont eat it... If thats right, they just die after starving, or after the parasite eat everything from their body?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition   Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyMon May 04, 2009 12:29 pm

frodomir wrote:

What about Ganados or majini? I dont think they eat other humans... Also IN RE 4 village you can see that all the food is rotten... That means they dont eat it... If thats right, they just die after starving, or after the parasite eat everything from their body?
I don't think zombies die if they don't eat, seeing as they are already dead. But Ganados and Majini are still human and so should have to eat to survive... Strange.
Back to top Go down
Finch
Cerberus
Cerberus
Finch

PostSubject: Re: Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition   Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyMon May 04, 2009 1:29 pm

This is a good question. I would assume they have to eat something. Maybe the Parasites feed off of the human host they are inside.
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition   Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyMon May 04, 2009 1:39 pm

Finch wrote:
This is a good question. I would assume they have to eat something. Maybe the Parasites feed off of the human host they are inside.
But then they must feed extremely slowly, otherwise Ganados and Majini wouldn't survive long.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition   Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyMon May 04, 2009 5:32 pm

Majini and Ganados may not survive long. We don't know. Maybe plagas like eating rotten meat? Not sure.
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition   Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyMon May 04, 2009 7:21 pm

boy I never thought about this before now...this is a very interesting topic...i think that Gandos probably just wither and die after a while with no food
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition   Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyTue May 05, 2009 11:34 am

lyfesArcanum wrote:
frodomir wrote:

I don't think zombies die if they don't eat, seeing as they are already dead. But Ganados and Majini are still human and so should have to eat to survive... Strange.

I know that zombies die after some time... There is topic about zombie and eating... But here is something else... Ganados and majinis... Like i said i think that parasite eats their body...
Back to top Go down
PublicEnemy
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
PublicEnemy

PostSubject: Re: Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition   Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyTue May 05, 2009 2:30 pm

For the zombies:they dont really need to eat to survive,but they want to eat anyway,because the virus reanimate only the main functions of the brain:means eating.
(the explanation of the T-virus in the first movie...,wich is totally right and realistic)

as for majinis...or ganados,its a bit more complicated,their human corps being controlled by some parasites,I guess like every parasite,its main objective is to keep his hosting alive,the host die....the parasite die(most of the time)
,so I think the parasite itself(or themselves) survive by eating what ate the hosting,in this case a human,so on my point the ganados(perhaps even the majinis) are eating like normal humans(meat,bread,etc...).
remember the scene in the ganados village at start?their working like normal peons(mostly because they have to eat and keep what they eat alive,until they kill it of course)
and there were also some cows and chickens,if they didnt killed them already,thats perhaps they need those for eating.
also instead of eating the 2 spanish policemans,they just burned one and feed DEL LAGO(or perhaps they were just attracting him)with the other one,means they dont eat the human flesh.

So as I already said, for me, the Ganados(I dont know much about majinis,didnt play re5 yet,but it look like same)are eating like normal humans to feed their parasites.

Last edited by PublicEnemy on Tue May 05, 2009 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition   Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyTue May 05, 2009 2:35 pm

@PE: That explanation for the zombies isn't very realistic. If the zombies don't eat, then how does the virus survive? Every living thing on the planet needs some type of nourishment.
Back to top Go down
PublicEnemy
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
PublicEnemy

PostSubject: Re: Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition   Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyTue May 05, 2009 2:51 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
@PE: That explanation for the zombies isn't very realistic. If the zombies don't eat, then how does the virus survive? Every living thing on the planet needs some type of nourishment.

To make it simple,even if their both kind of "parasites"
the parasite(el plagas) get a hosting to get some food by using this hosting,in a kind of way the parasite work along with his hosting to survive(he controls it to get some food).

And the virus just simply need a hosting to multiplicate and "survive" .
but a Virus is just a simple associations of biological molecules(thats what state science for the moment),so they arnt considered alives,they just do what a biological molecule do....multiplicate.
and by multiplicate,they infect the hosting and sometimes create some mutations.
but they dont need any food as they arnt alive.

The T-virus just infect everything by multiplicating.
the T-virus just reanimate the little charge of electricity inside the brain and reanimate it,but only the main functions(thats why the zombies are so stupid).

So a virus just need to multiplicate to "survive"...
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition   Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyTue May 05, 2009 5:10 pm

PublicEnemy wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

To make it simple,even if their both kind of "parasites"
the parasite(el plagas) get a hosting to get some food by using this hosting,in a kind of way the parasite work along with his hosting to survive(he controls it to get some food).

And the virus just simply need a hosting to multiplicate and "survive" .
but a Virus is just a simple associations of biological molecules(thats what state science for the moment),so they arnt considered alives,they just do what a biological molecule do....multiplicate.
and by multiplicate,they infect the hosting and sometimes create some mutations.
but they dont need any food as they arnt alive.

The T-virus just infect everything by multiplicating.
the T-virus just reanimate the little charge of electricity inside the brain and reanimate it,but only the main functions(thats why the zombies are so stupid).

So a virus just need to multiplicate to "survive"...

That's all fine and dandy for the game world. But in real life, viruses are living organisms. Viruses don't just multiply forever. They need nourishment too. So yes, viruses have to feed on something to keep living.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition   Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyTue May 05, 2009 5:17 pm

I always thought they died if they didn't eat, as the zombies in 28 Days Later did, that is what happens in the beginning of 28 Weeks Later, and even though that isn't RE, it is still a very logical idea.Smile

In RE4 as frodomir pointed out, there was food, rotten or otherwise, and the tables were set, I think that the Ganados infected were very much like normal people, until they got the orders from the Big Cheese, and I don't meas Mendez.Smile
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition   Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyWed May 06, 2009 10:51 am

Well I think taht company like Capcom is trying to follow biological laws...

Zombies have to eat to survive...

Parasites... Parasites eat host, host is under their control... You remember that when exploring village Leon said that all food was rotten...
Back to top Go down
PublicEnemy
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
PublicEnemy

PostSubject: Re: Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition   Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyWed May 06, 2009 11:31 am

NiteKrawler wrote:

That's all fine and dandy for the game world. But in real life, viruses are living organisms. Viruses don't just multiply forever. They need nourishment too. So yes, viruses have to feed on something to keep living.

Sure its all fine because all I said about the viruses are based on real life.... Laughing

(but scientists arnt sure if the viruses are alive or not,but anyway,they dont need to "EAT" to survive,not like us)

you know,a virus isnt like a little pet you need to feed Neutral
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition   Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyWed May 06, 2009 12:02 pm

PublicEnemy wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Sure its all fine because all I said about the viruses are based on real life.... Laughing

(but scientists arnt sure if the viruses are alive or not,but anyway,they dont need to "EAT" to survive,not like us)

you know,a virus isnt like a little pet you need to feed Neutral

Viruses aren't dead. I'm talking about real life here. If a virus infects a host, and that host dies, the virus dies. There has to be some kind of nourishment for a virus to stay alive. If the host is already dead, then how is the virus staying alive? Zombies probably need to feed. Feeding is more than likely a necessity.
Back to top Go down
PublicEnemy
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
PublicEnemy

PostSubject: Re: Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition   Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyThu May 07, 2009 8:14 am

NiteKrawler wrote:

Viruses aren't dead. I'm talking about real life here. If a virus infects a host, and that host dies, the virus dies. There has to be some kind of nourishment for a virus to stay alive. If the host is already dead, then how is the virus staying alive? Zombies probably need to feed. Feeding is more than likely a necessity.

You seems to not understand something....you know,theres such things that move and act like their alive but they arnt,like the viruses,their not dead but not alive,its like a rock(for example)...

but like Im trying for now 3posts to explain that to you....im talkin about the real life too,you know,not everything lives like us,and the viruses are part of this kind.

and about the virus die if the body die,its TOTALLY wrong,as the virus isnt really alive,it cannot die...
why do you think people burn the dead bodies of animals who died from a virus?seriously dude,even if the host die,the virus still active in his corp.
Thats like what happen actually with the H1N1(called the swine influenza),why do you think egyptians are burning their pigs instead of just killing them and then,bury them?because a virus still active until its destroyed,a virus is not a living thing,damn it!
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition   Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyThu May 07, 2009 9:37 am

PublicEnemy wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

You seems to not understand something....you know,theres such things that move and act like their alive but they arnt,like the viruses,their not dead but not alive,its like a rock(for example)...

but like Im trying for now 3posts to explain that to you....im talkin about the real life too,you know,not everything lives like us,and the viruses are part of this kind.

and about the virus die if the body die,its TOTALLY wrong,as the virus isnt really alive,it cannot die...
why do you think people burn the dead bodies of animals who died from a virus?seriously dude,even if the host die,the virus still active in his corp.
Thats like what happen actually with the H1N1(called the swine influenza),why do you think egyptians are burning their pigs instead of just killing them and then,bury them?because a virus still active until its destroyed,a virus is not a living thing,damn it!

You all dont get it do you?

Viruses are pretty much alive... Both viruses and some microorganisms have 1 important surviving tool... If they find themselves in dangerous area they will go to latent phase... In this phase they can survive for years... But again they can die... But it will take much longer...
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition   Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyThu May 07, 2009 10:19 am

PublicEnemy wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Can a rock reproduce? Can a rock move? (Actually...some do lol.) But can a rock react to an outside force of its own accord? Viruses can. I was wrong in that viruses are 100% classified as alive but they pretty much are. And how am I wrong about a virus dying if the body dies? Say a body gets a virus. Then the body dies. After the body decomposes where is the virus? On the skeleton? No. Viruses need living cells to reproduce and maintain their own "life". Sure a virus will still be around a freshly dead host, but after some time, the virus will die too. That's why people are burning the dead pigs, to get rid of the virus quicker.

Here, I got this from Wikipedia. I know that isn't the best site for facts, but all of these are correct. I know because I took a biology course last summer. I've already used the last 2 of these components in my argument for why viruses are alive.

Conventional definition: The consensus is that life is a characteristic of organisms that exhibit all or most of the following phenomena:

1. Homeostasis: Regulation of the internal environment to maintain a constant state; for example, electrolyte concentration or sweating to reduce temperature.

2. Organization: Being structurally composed of one or more cells, which are the basic units of life.

3. Metabolism: Consumption of energy by converting chemicals and energy into cellular components (anabolism) and decomposing organic matter (catabolism). Living things require energy to maintain internal organization (homeostasis) and to produce the other phenomena associated with life.

4. Growth: Maintenance of a higher rate of synthesis than catabolism. A growing organism increases in size in all of its parts, rather than simply accumulating matter. The particular species begins to multiply and expand as the evolution continues to flourish.

5. Adaptation: The ability to change over a period of time in response to the environment. This ability is fundamental to the process of evolution and is determined by the organism's heredity as well as the composition of metabolized substances, and external factors present.

6. Response to stimuli: A response can take many forms, from the contraction of a unicellular organism to external chemicals, to complex reactions involving all the senses of higher animals. A response is often expressed by motion, for example, the leaves of a plant turning toward the sun (phototropism) and chemotaxis.

7. Reproduction: The ability to produce new organisms. Reproduction can be the division of one cell to form two new cells. Usually the term is applied to the production of a new individual (either asexually, from a single parent organism, or sexually, from at least two differing parent organisms), although strictly speaking it also describes the production of new cells in the process of growth.

As you can see by #3, the T-Virus hosts (zombies) would probably die for good after a short while because there is nothing for the virus to metabolize. That right there is all I have been trying to say this whole time.
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition   Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyThu May 07, 2009 10:38 am

Like I said... If you bury dead animal the virus can prevail there for 10 years or more... All depends on virus type and strength
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition   Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyThu May 07, 2009 10:49 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Conventional definition: The consensus is that life is a characteristic of organisms that exhibit all or most of the following phenomena:

1. Homeostasis: Regulation of the internal environment to maintain a constant state; for example, electrolyte concentration or sweating to reduce temperature.

2. Organization: Being structurally composed of one or more cells, which are the basic units of life.

3. Metabolism: Consumption of energy by converting chemicals and energy into cellular components (anabolism) and decomposing organic matter (catabolism). Living things require energy to maintain internal organization (homeostasis) and to produce the other phenomena associated with life.

4. Growth: Maintenance of a higher rate of synthesis than catabolism. A growing organism increases in size in all of its parts, rather than simply accumulating matter. The particular species begins to multiply and expand as the evolution continues to flourish.

5. Adaptation: The ability to change over a period of time in response to the environment. This ability is fundamental to the process of evolution and is determined by the organism's heredity as well as the composition of metabolized substances, and external factors present.

6. Response to stimuli: A response can take many forms, from the contraction of a unicellular organism to external chemicals, to complex reactions involving all the senses of higher animals. A response is often expressed by motion, for example, the leaves of a plant turning toward the sun (phototropism) and chemotaxis.

7. Reproduction: The ability to produce new organisms. Reproduction can be the division of one cell to form two new cells. Usually the term is applied to the production of a new individual (either asexually, from a single parent organism, or sexually, from at least two differing parent organisms), although strictly speaking it also describes the production of new cells in the process of growth.

As you can see by #3, the T-Virus hosts (zombies) would probably die for good after a short while because there is nothing for the virus to metabolize. That right there is all I have been trying to say this whole time.
You know a lot. No wonder you hate Anderson's films so much! lol! Completely unrealistic.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition   Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyThu May 07, 2009 10:53 am

lol well I only knew a couple of them off the top of my head. I'm fine with unrealistic stuff though usually, but when it's just blantanly stupid wrong, then I get ticked. Like if a movie is trying to be super realistic and then pulls out telekinesis....ticked! lol
Back to top Go down
PublicEnemy
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
PublicEnemy

PostSubject: Re: Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition   Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyThu May 07, 2009 12:15 pm

Your right about the points that would make it a kind of "alive" thing,
but theres some points too that make the virus a "not alive" thing...

1.Viruses have constituents in common with living cells, such as a nucleic acid (DNA or RNA) and proteins. However, according to the definition of biochemist Wendell Stanley, viruses are "simple" associations of biological molecules. They are the result of self-organization of organic molecules and are therefore not alive.

2.François Jacob also emphasizes this feature of virus: "placed in suspension in a culture medium, they can not metabolize or produce or use energy, or grow, or multiply, functions common to all living beings"

3.Viruses can only multiply by using the enzymatic equipment of a living cell. In addition, many viruses contain nucleic acid, DNA or RNA but never both,unlike the living cells.

So,even if some newly discovered virus might change that ,the virus still not alive as we are...

A virus is just a biologic entity,their not dead,but their not alive too,
not like you mean it.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition   Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyThu May 07, 2009 12:36 pm

Indeed you are correct. We both agree that viruses aren't alive, yet still not dead. But they still need energy. So how does the T-Virus keep itself going in a zombie? If it eats the zombie from inside out, then the host won't last long. There has to be some other way that the zombies get energy to the virus. Like Francois says, if the virus is in suspended animation, they don't multiply, grow, or use energy. This also means that they can't actively infect a host while dormant. So, obviously the T-Virus is always active in a host, and never dormant. I assume that if zombies don't feed they, along with the virus, die.
Back to top Go down
PublicEnemy
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
PublicEnemy

PostSubject: Re: Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition   Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyThu May 07, 2009 3:18 pm

Yeah I agree too.

It means the zombies,instead of just having the main brain functions(aka the main survival functions)means eating...walking and a bit of reflection(moving=alive=food),so instead of just having these main functions,they also need them to survive.

But where its different,its that the virus doesnt necessary "die" when the host die,because I guess if you touch the open wound of a dead(really dead)zombie with one of your open wound,you have great chances to get infected.

But well it doesnt mean the virus will stay forever in him,it will also "die" (or get another host) but it might take more time.

So,finally we both have good points.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition   Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition EmptyThu May 07, 2009 3:48 pm

Yeah, it won't stay in a "dead" host forever. It seems like a self destructive virus to me. Maybe I should email Capcom and see if they actually answer me lol.

They'd probably say: "We here at Capcom Studios appreciate your questions, opinions, and concerns. You recently asked us 'Hey d00ds, me and some other d00ds over at reforums.net were kinda wondering how in the crap the T-Virus keeps itself going? Like...do teh zombiez have to like...feed and stuff? kthxbai!' After doing a bit of research using Wikipedia, we have come to the conclusion that you all need a life. K. Thx. Bai."

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition   Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition Empty

Back to top Go down

Ganados VS zombies - Eating competition
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next