HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts

Go down 
+16
PAULSAMSON
Ghost Leader
TyrantSteve
PWNERX
Jack Krauser
Fuszion
VitalSigns
chocotricks
RE Psycho
Mcghie
TerraSavior
Bulls-3ye
MSR
Ssplain
TheBatMan
EQOAnostalgia
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 12:59 pm

White Rock wrote:
It's been an eternity since they gave us an update. It's either been secretly cancelled, or they're just deciding not to say too much in case we get the wrong impression.

In the RE7 thread I posted parts of an interview with RE7 producer, and to the last question about the RE2 remake he replied "There’s a separate producer for RE Remake 2, who is hard at work right now. All that we can say is we hope that we’d have information to share soon."
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
tovington
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
tovington

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 11:18 am

Jeeze, what a RIDE! I am a faithful Resi fan since I was a kid and this blew my socks off. I am pleased to see this game getting FANTASTIC reviews. Me and my friends are sitting with anticipation to see what Capcom comes out with next.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 9:15 pm

tovington wrote:
Jeeze, what a RIDE! I am a faithful Resi fan since I was a kid and this blew my socks off. I am pleased to see this game getting FANTASTIC reviews. Me and my friends are sitting with anticipation to see what Capcom comes out with next.

I know right?. Seems like just yesterday that people were freaking out cause they didn't announce anything on the anniversary. Or getting exited that a font was used that sorta, kinda, but not really looked like the font of RE2. LoL!

By the way, what would you prefer to get first, RE8 or R3Make?.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 9:19 pm

I would personally prefer RE8. I think from now on though, Capcom will do both sequels and remakes. More of them.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 8:29 pm

White Rock wrote:
I would personally prefer RE8. I think from now on though, Capcom will do both sequels and remakes. More of them.

True, they'll probably alternate, like Pokémon. Though i hope we still get some more Revelations.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 8:50 pm

New RE hasn't been quite like retro RE in many a year, because they took out the zombies for a while. The remade zombies don't match the old ones. I also missed the typewriters before they brought those back. The door loading scenes were also iconic in the older games, but we no longer get that these days.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2019 7:56 am

Thought I'd drop in and mention RE2 is getting more content in the future. The Steam version has gotten a bunch of random updates with no visible changes (or so I hear, I have the PS4 version myself) and a new placeholder achievement has appeared with the text "unlock" written on it.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2019 8:14 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Thought I'd drop in and mention RE2 is getting more content in the future. The Steam version has gotten a bunch of random updates with no visible changes (or so I hear, I have the PS4 version myself) and a new placeholder achievement has appeared with the text "unlock" written on it.
Really? That's good news. I thought they were done after the Ghost Survivor DLCs.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2019 11:56 am

I was very disappointed with the RE2 remake overall, personally. It wasn't the 'dream come true' that a lot of people were hoping for, but it is still a good horror game if you try to picture it as "something else" without doing too much nitpicking about what they left out.

Unfortunately, gaming evolved way too much over the past 15 years, that all the companies make now is third person shooters. If they had developed this remake around the time of the first remake, and the prequel too, I'm sure it would have been everything we wanted.

With that said, I was also disappointed that RE4 took the bloom off of the rose. While RE4 is a great action game, there was no classic RE to be had in that game. Still: I think Capcom has hopefully woken the hell up about all of this stuff, and I hope RE8 is a creepy ass game when it comes out. But I'm not expecting any more RE sequels until they get the money grabbing stuff out of the way first. Namely, PR and the RE3: Nemesis remake that we suspect is being worked on as we speak.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 4:42 pm

RE2 is getting a content update of sorts that includes a new achievement tied to RE3.
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 Capture-1-e1576079164666

Additionally, REmake 2 has now sold more than the original. Mind you, this only includes original release when the original game only released on PS1, the new one was spread across three systems.
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 ELeTM1fUYAE2dV8-e1576081132167
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 5:30 pm

I imagine the "Letter left behind by Jill" will be on her desk, in the S.T.A.R.S. office. Can't wait to see what's in it.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 7:21 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
RE2 is getting a content update of sorts that includes a new achievement tied to RE3.
Any ETA when this update will come?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 5:12 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Any ETA when this update will come?

Apparently the update is already live on PS4. All it really seemingly does is add a note left by Jill in Kendo's gun shop. There is also a "Resident Evil 3" option added in the main menu but currently all it does is take you to a pre-order page for the game. Possibly a demo incoming?

Oh, and the achievement on Xone also includes this image. That's Jill standing behind Robert Kendo in a never before seen screen.
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 RE2JILL-e1576140003203
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 7:25 pm

Interesting. Robert Kendo must play some part in the game.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 4:39 am

Man, Kendo sure is getting alot! more spotlight in these REmakes.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 9:36 am

I only wish Ben got more screen time... His time to shine was seriously cut in the remake (and he was turned into kind of a douchebag) and I'm really hoping he'd get to have some kind of interaction with Jill or Carlos in 3.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 8:39 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I only wish Ben got more screen time... and I'm really hoping he'd get to have some kind of interaction with Jill or Carlos in 3.

Ohhh! i never even thought of that. Maybe he could be at the newspaper?, which would also be a good opportunity to mention Alyssa, or the hacker from REsistance.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 14, 2019 3:02 am

Bulls-3ye wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I only wish Ben got more screen time... and I'm really hoping he'd get to have some kind of interaction with Jill or Carlos in 3.

Ohhh! i never even thought of that. Maybe he could be at the newspaper?, which would also be a good opportunity to mention Alyssa, or the hacker from REsistance.
Have Ben and Katherine Warren appear there, getting ready to head to the police station where they think it's safe. It would lead nicely into Ben being locked up and Katherine being killed by Irons. Capcom could even play on the notion of them being a couple like Katherine's Ghost Survivor scenario did.

Edit: Looks like Capcom has released a slightly altered version of the RE2make demo.

https://www.ibtimes.com/resident-evil-3s-nemesis-now-terrorizes-resident-evil-2-remake-2885373

I'll just quote the changes instead of the whole article.

Quote :
Capcom recently uploaded the “Resident Evil 2 Remake” demo, but this time it came with a few changes, Polygon reported. First, the original “1-shot demo,” released for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC earlier this year, only allowed players to play it for 30 minutes. Players are given an objective to finish within that period. Those who finish it early can keep playing until time's up.

The newly uploaded demo, on the other hand, doesn't have a time limit. Players can play the demo for as long as they want. Despite the removal of the time limit, however, it's still just a demo. Players will not be able to play the full game, and won't be able to play as Claire Redfield or Ada Wong; players can only play as Leon Kennedy.

The second and more important change to the demo, however, is the addition of a familiar voice in a certain scene in the game. The scene goes this way: As Leon walks through a fenced area towards a blocked doorway, a growling sound will start to play.

The growl sounds like it's saying “stars” – which is what “Resident Evil 3's” Nemesis keeps saying/growling whenever he appears. His growling refers to S.T.A.R.S. (Special Tactics And Rescue Service), a group where Jill Valentine, "Resident Evil 3's" protagonist, is a member.

Nemesis couldn't be seen in the demo. He doesn't appear anywhere, but his scary voice can be heard. What adds to the scare and suspense factor here are the changes in the on-screen prompts. The prompt urges players to “Look Around” as Leon walks along the fenced area. The prompt, however, changes to an urgent “Run” after Nemesis makes his famous growl.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 14, 2019 4:23 pm

That's the kind of marketing i like. I wonder if they'll retroactively add Zombie Brad into REmake 2?.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 14, 2019 9:37 pm

Bulls-3ye wrote:
I wonder if they'll retroactively add Zombie Brad into REmake 2?.
I think if they were going to, it would have been done in the last patch. But for all we know, Brad won't even die outside the police station this time in RE3make.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 5:27 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
I think if they were going to, it would have been done in the last patch. But for all we know, Brad won't even die outside the police station this time in RE3make.

True, the pre-police station segment seems to be significantly expanded. We could be getting alot more Brad.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2019 6:39 am

It seems Jill encounters a lot more survivors in general.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2019 7:16 am

Here's the message from Jill, found at Kendo's Gun Shop.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7