Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts

Go down 
+16
PAULSAMSON
Ghost Leader
TyrantSteve
PWNERX
Jack Krauser
Fuszion
VitalSigns
chocotricks
RE Psycho
Mcghie
TerraSavior
Bulls-3ye
MSR
Ssplain
TheBatMan
EQOAnostalgia
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 3:19 am

This is a VERY exciting time for oldschool gamers, with FFVII being remade and RE2 finally getting a remake i'm extremely hyped!

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 8:30 am

On the contrary. This is awful news. You are kidding yourself if you believe this can actually work.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 11:10 am

TheBatMan wrote:
On the contrary. This is awful news. You are kidding yourself if you believe this can actually work.

Care to explain why you think that?
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 1:01 pm

Sure

*Remake was a success because it was made by the same development team. The team that made RE2 have long left Capcom.

*The current R&D team at Capcom have never, that's NEVER created a critically successful Resident Evil game.

*Memories of a Lost City in Darkside Chronicles provided enough evidence that they will change too much and that Capcom don't actually understand the plot of their own game. But if you like Ada firing rocket-powered lipsticks, crack on.

*They are not going to use pre-rendered backgrounds or fixed camera angles in a game coming out in 2016. I'd even be surprised if they went with the old item box system

*In this modern gaming era of hand-holding they will never risk using the typewriter and ink ribbon save system

*A remake of 2 will further disjoint RE3 and Outbreak and create countless new continuity errors.

*Online co-op will be forced in.

*No gaming remake, or film remake for that matter has ever been more successful than the original.

*Capcom can't do survival horror anymore. The revelations series was their attempt at a 'true return' but aside from one or two moments, as 'horror' games they are pretty pathetic.

Looking at the feedback on facebook, not even the fans seem to know what constitutes a true and successful remake, so how can you expect Capcom to know?

People are not thinking about this deeply enough and are simply looking at superficial things such as a much-needed graphical update.

You may as well remake Terminator 2 or Aliens while your at it.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 1:37 pm

TheBatMan wrote:
Sure

*Remake was a success because it was made by the same development team. The team that made RE2 have long left Capcom.

*The current R&D team at Capcom have never, that's NEVER created a critically successful Resident Evil game.

*Memories of a Lost City in Darkside Chronicles provided enough evidence that they will change too much and that Capcom don't actually understand the plot of their own game. But if you like Ada firing rocket-powered lipsticks, crack on.

*They are not going to use pre-rendered backgrounds or fixed camera angles in a game coming out in 2016. I'd even be surprised if they went with the old item box system

*In this modern gaming era of hand-holding they will never risk using the typewriter and ink ribbon save system

*A remake of 2 will further disjoint RE3 and Outbreak and create countless new continuity errors.

*Online co-op will be forced in.

*No gaming remake, or film remake for that matter has ever been more successful than the original.

*Capcom can't do survival horror anymore. The revelations series was their attempt at a 'true return' but aside from one or two moments, as 'horror' games they are pretty pathetic.

Looking at the feedback on facebook, not even the fans seem to know what constitutes a true and successful remake, so how can you expect Capcom to know?

People are not thinking about this deeply enough and are simply looking at superficial things such as a much-needed graphical update.

You may as well remake Terminator 2 or Aliens while your at it.

Then who's developing the RE0 re-master???
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 7:44 pm

TheBatMan wrote:

That's an extremely negative attitude to have, but i understand it entirely lol. I don't really think that they will make it to appeal to modern shooter fans, it's clear they want to know WHAT WE WANT, or they wouldn't have asked us. They got the HD REmaster right and Zero looks just as good so i don't see them messing this up. They just need to copy the game with better visuals and some added side stuff. Co-op is very unlikely unless they add in a new mode aside from the original game, which i wouldn't mind one bit! But in terms of co-op... i want my Outbreak files 1 and 2 back!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 10:54 pm

Yeah, the overwhelming response from those that answered was that they wanted it in the traditional style, which Capcom acknowledged. So for now I'm going to be cautiously optimistic.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 7:31 am

I would imagine they will remake it and give it the same treatment as REmastered and RE0 remastered. I like to think they will update the graphics and maybe add new -optional- controls like with REmastered.

If they do go as far to do a true REmake and add new features then I hope they seize the opportunity to add in fillers that better tie it to re3 and include a defensive system like REmake. Maybe a longer side mission where you play Ada? I mean she was up to quite a bit throughout the game.

Also... bathrooms in the rpd anyone?
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 8:13 am

PWNERX wrote:

Then who's developing the RE0 re-master???

It doessn't compare. This will be an entirely new game, not just a HD touch up with some lick and polish.

LeonAB and Claire AB is not long enough either to sustain a full game these days. It will have to be expanded massively, meaning it's all the more likely to fuck up. Go and play the RE2 portion of Darkside Chronicles and refresh your memories to see how bad this is going to be.

And the facebook feedback is all over the place. It is highly inconsistent what the fans want.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 11:46 pm

TheBatMan wrote:

THIS

Everyone should know Teh_Spike very thoroughly enjoyed DSC(Darkside Chronicles), but it was pretty clear that Capcom jus cannot part ways with Leon's RE4 RPD attire complete with a torso knife holster that shouldn't even be there. And also basically everything else TheBatMan said in that first post of his. CAPCOMS GONNA FUCK IT UP!
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 8:53 am

hype beats hate for me.... BUT this post is pretty useless really, none of us have literally no idea how the game is gonna be, anything can happen, they might even change the story. Speculations are wide here, it is pretty useless if we fight each other saying that capcom can or can't make a good remake nowadays, we won't know if they can until the game is out.

SPOILER ALERT: Ada escapes alive.

TheBatMan wrote:

And the facebook feedback is all over the place. It is highly inconsistent what the fans want.

That is so true that it annoys me more than what it should
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 9:59 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
hype beats hate for me.... BUT this post is pretty useless really, none of us have literally no idea how the game is gonna be, anything can happen, they might even change the story. Speculations are wide here, it is pretty useless if we fight each other saying that capcom can or can't make a good remake nowadays, we won't know if they can until the game is out.

TheBatMan wrote:

Why is the post useless? Obviously people like to talk about RE here... after all this is a RE forum. I didn't make the post to discuss facts, i made it to encourage discussion and to share my own thoughts and hopes for the remake. I agree with you about hype over hate though. But i can understand why some people are negative about the whole thing. Capcom has done a great job at letting the original fans down. I have hope they will do this right, but i wouldn't be surprised at all of they completely wrecked it.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 10:07 am

EQOAnostalgia wrote:

Why is the post useless?

Let me rephrase that, i mean that it is useless to assure how the remake would and should be at this moment. We can speculate and we can share what we would like or wouldn't like about a re2 remake.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 6:09 pm

The Chronicles games break from canon in several ways in addition to being a completely different type of game from RE2, so they aren't necessarily the best example to base from. Is TheBatman right? Maybe to probably. But we haven't actually seen anything yet to say for sure, hence why I'm going with a cautiously optimistic approach.
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 11:32 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
The Chronicles games break from canon in several ways in addition to being a completely different type of game from RE2, so they aren't necessarily the best example to base from. Is TheBatman right? Maybe to probably. But we haven't actually seen anything yet to say for sure, hence why I'm going with a cautiously optimistic approach.

Exactly. I'm remaining optimistic but with much due caution given how much they have proven themselves for screwing things up lol. But if this works out it's going to be amazing, and will lead to 3 remade as well!
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 4:55 pm

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
But if this works out it's going to be amazing, and will lead to 3 remade as well!

If they're gonna do that then what i always wanted was for them to include Nemesis with RE2 remake.
As an additional scenario (since they're so short anyway) and then re-release Code Veronica as RE3.
Just to clear up the confusion and make the main RE series more clear, 0 through 6 + Rev 1 and 2.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 11:37 pm

Bulls-3ye wrote:
If they're gonna do that then what i always wanted was for them to include Nemesis with RE2 remake.
As an additional scenario (since they're so short anyway) and then re-release Code Veronica as RE3.
Just to clear up the confusion and make the main RE series more clear, 0 through 6 + Rev 1 and 2.
Renaming CV to RE3 would probably cause a whole mess of confusion, since the names are already widely associated with the respective games. And I'd rather my favorite RE not be demoted to the point of piggybacking another. If Capcom wants to package them together (assuming an RE3make even gets made), that's fine, but they should stay separate games and maintain their existing names.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 1:39 am

Even at this point it's not even certain the remake will happen. They have asked us something (not a proof the actual game is in development, they've asked us a lot of stuff over the years) and there's one guy pitching this to the higher ups with a vague image he did in photoshop in ten minutes and a presentation we know nothing about. It's still all just speculation, not confirmation.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 4:12 am

My words still stand. RE3 is my favorite RE game and I'd rather it not be demoted to becoming a mere "scenario" in RE2, regardless of how short it may be.

Of course, not that I've ever had any issue with either game's length.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 4:50 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
My words still stand. RE3 is my favorite RE game and I'd rather it not be demoted to becoming a mere "scenario" in RE2, regardless of how short it may be.

I wasn't saying otherwise Razz That was just my general comment on the whole RE2 remake deal.

I honestly wouldn't mind if they bundled the two together, though, and RE3 is still my favorite in the series.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 11:10 am

Ghost Leader wrote:

RE3 sucks. *grabs popcorn.

Nah, jk. What worries me is that if they are just now pitching this idea, the game will take like 2 or 3 years to come out, and I'm not getting any younger you know.
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 11:41 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

Nah, jk. What worries me is that if they are just now pitching this idea, the game will take like 2 or 3 years to come out, and I'm not getting any younger you know.

I wouldn't be so sure. It wouldn't surprise me if it's already been in development for months. Next year is the 20th anniversary and that would mark a good time for Remake 2 to arrive. It all depends on how much effort they are willing to put into it.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 12:23 pm

TheBatMan wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure. It wouldn't surprise me if it's already been in development for months. Next year is the 20th anniversary and that would mark a good time for Remake 2 to arrive. It all depends on how much effort they are willing to put into it.

Capcom be trollin be you say? those bastards...
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 5:07 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:

TheBatMan wrote:

Come on guys! Let's not argue or discuss this it's pointless!! Forget we're on REF, a forum designed for fans to do exactly that? Come on PAULSAMSON Razz

It does seem like everything is lining up just right for this REmake2 but if They remake 2, may as well do 3 and CVX while they're are at it
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 6:19 pm

TheBatMan wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

More like they'd announce it then. It would seem a tad weird to start asking us about things now if it was already deep in development.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts Empty

Back to top Go down

RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next