HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts

Go down 
+16
PAULSAMSON
Ghost Leader
TyrantSteve
PWNERX
Jack Krauser
Fuszion
VitalSigns
chocotricks
RE Psycho
Mcghie
TerraSavior
Bulls-3ye
MSR
Ssplain
TheBatMan
EQOAnostalgia
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 11:01 am

PWNERX wrote:

Even though Canonicity with RE3 and the Outbreak games was already fractured? They could fix that by BENDING canonicity in the favor of these games. Any small details that acknowledge the existence of these timelines will suffice. The broken window, barricade remains, Brad's corpse (and maybe Zombie if you get that far), signs of thawing/water residue/ice (in the labs),  additional corpses (Outbreak bosses that would be in the RE2 area of activity when they were killed), etc.

The timeline isn't fractured. As it stands everything fits fine. Things like the broken window and barricade remains can be fixed of course, but those kinds of things are more the work of the designers as opposed to story related aspects.

They are going to need to expand RE2, that's a fact. As it stands in its current form it simply isn't long enough for a game in this day and age. Even the smallest things like having more surviving cops in the beginning will contradict the files of RE3. If they change the design and layout of the RPD, this will fracture the same location you visit in RE3 etc.

Resident Evil 2 is sitting right in the middle of a massive entangled web of stories and if they do not get it exactly right, it will fuck everything up.

The original remake was different because at the time it was a pretty much isolated story and all the additions they made were taken from deleted ideas from the PS1 original.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 11:05 am

TheBatMan wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Canonicity is still the least of the problems with the idea.

On the contrary, canonicity is at the forefront because if this remake is not done correctly and with the upmost care, even to the smaller more insignificant story details, it risks fracturing RE3, the Umbrella Chronicles segments Death's Door and 4th Survivor, and both Outbreak games.

Basically if they cock it up it could render all those titles completely non-canon.

I meant that as a reply to PWNERX's idea of co-op. Of course canonicity is a major thing when tying this to the rest of the series.

TheBatMan wrote:
Even the smallest things like having more surviving cops in the beginning will contradict the files of RE3.

Despite Leon being the only known survivor of the police department, there still were a few of the cops running around at the time, as seen in Outbreak and Confidential Report.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 12:11 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

Despite Leon being the only known survivor of the police department, there still were a few of the cops running around at the time, as seen in Outbreak and Confidential Report.

Yes but not at the time RE2 begins. They are all dead save for Chief Irons and Elliot Edward. What I'm saying is if they decide to create a few more in a newly added beginning section of the game for example, it will fracture the stories from the files in RE3 and also contradict the events of Desperate Times. These are the types of things I hope Capcom take into account before just blindly plundering ahead.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 12:38 pm

TheBatMan wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Yes but not at the time RE2 begins. They are all dead save for Chief Irons and Elliot Edward. What I'm saying is if they decide to create a few more in a newly added beginning section of the game for example, it will fracture the stories from the files in RE3 and also contradict the events of Desperate Times. These are the types of things I hope Capcom take into account before just blindly plundering ahead.

I'm pretty sure at least a couple of the Outbreak officers survived somehow, or at least their fate was left ambiguous. That and Tyler Hamilton, who quite clearly was still alive at the end of Confidential Report.
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 12:52 pm

The only surviving Outbreak cops are Harry, Rita and Kevin, and they shouldn't be anywhere near the R.P.D. by the start of Resident Evil 2.

Confidential Report is non-canon, unless you believe there were multiple Nemesis units running around Raccoon City.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 1:23 pm

TheBatMan wrote:
Confidential Report is non-canon, unless you believe there were multiple Nemesis units running around Raccoon City.

Oooh yeah, there was that part. I could still tell myself that this one specific scene was retconned. You will never take away my headcanon!

In all honesty, considering the kind of clusterfuck the whole Raccoon Incident is, there is a lot of things that can be debated, some things being canon and some not. One could think of the games to be the way they are in the Chronicles series, as told by the people who survived the outbreak, and there will always be some discrepancy in multiple accounts of such horriffic events.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 6:40 am

TheBatMan wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
I have this feeling that the only way to please alllll the fans (not that they should) is to make a frame by frame replica of the original game with remake like graphics. Maybe some updated cg cutscenes, but if they don't change anything, no one could complain

Not necessarily. Did you ever see Gus Van Sant's remake of Psycho? Exact replica of the original film and it bombed horribly, totally failing to capture the atmosphere of the original.

Plus the game will need to be expanded regardless as Leon AB and Claire AB are not big enough to comprise a full game by today's standards.

I didn't say that doing the same thing would turn up good, I just said that if all they cared about was pissing off the less amount of people was doing that, and also they shouldn't care about just that, it isn't the right thing to do. Personally, I'm cautious and I can expect just anything, even if they make a first person shooter and re use Darkside Chronicles assets I wouldn't be surprised.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 7:31 am

Wouldn't it be cool though, to have files written by, or at least mentioning some of these lesser known characters? Like a list of officers on duty that day or something.

Speaking of files, I wonder if they are going to bring back the EX files from the N64 version.
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 8:06 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Wouldn't it be cool though, to have files written by, or at least mentioning some of these lesser known characters? Like a list of officers on duty that day or something.

That would be fine, so long as they do their research and do it correctly.
Back to top Go down
RE Psycho
Cerberus
Cerberus
RE Psycho

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 9:00 pm

The guys from Invader Games posted this on facebook:

According to them, fans of both classic RE and modern RE will be satisfied. Take that with a grain of salt

CAPCOM meets InvaderGames: Takeuchi San, Hirabayashi San and Kanda San host Andrea Bonsignore, Michele Giannone, Alessandro de Bianchi and Mirko Martini.

The object of the meeting, that has been placed in the R&D building of Capcom, can't be revealed in details but fans of Resident Evil 2 and RE2 Reborn will be glad to know what we have been given the way to see in the exclusive visit to their development studios.
We can't say much but we care to stress how the work acted on Resident Evil 2 Remake is extremely promising, both technical, new features and additions that we're sure will satisfy both old and new fans of this saga.
Unfortunately we can't say more, like we can't say anything about "something" amazing and extremely secret that has been shown us and which, we're sure, you'll know soon about.

We want to thank Capcom for the meeting offered us, we're sure of learning a lot following the path marked by this company, absolute leader of the industry.

We are also really honored and proud to announce that we'll be present in Resident Evil 2 Remake game's credits!

https://www.facebook.com/InvaderGamesIT/
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 2:01 am

They will be mentioned in the credits? I wonder what kind of stuff they were allowed to do. Advisory, maybe?
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 11:18 am

Nothing more than special thanks I'd imagine. In no way are Invader Games working on this project. With all due respect, Resident Evil 2 Reborn looked horrible. It was bland and completely soulless so I take anything these guys say as 'looking promising' with a high degree of scepticism.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 12:15 pm

TheBatMan wrote:
In no way are Invader Games working on this project.

Well duh. I was just wondering if they got to give some early input on it or something.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 12:40 pm

New news make me confuse.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 1:15 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

Well duh. I was just wondering if they got to give some early input on it or something.

That's what they want you to think. They are just enjoying their 15 mins of fame. Nothing more than that.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 10:03 am

Since they are doing a full remake of the game, I am curious to see what areas of the game they expand on, if any.

Personally, I would like to see more of Raccoon City on the way to the RPD and more of the Umbrella Labs below the city. Oh and maybe a bathroom in the RPD :p
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 9:22 am

Ssplain wrote:
Oh and maybe a bathroom in the RPD :p

They better.
Back to top Go down
RE Psycho
Cerberus
Cerberus
RE Psycho

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 7:19 pm

An Invader Games Interview talking about their visit with Capcom. He talks a bit about their company and their remake then he goes on to talk about what they saw on their visit. Of course he doesn't say much but he does say the game looks "promising" and that he thinks all kinds of fans will be happy.

The first part of the video is in German

Skip to 31:50 for the interview in English.

Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 10:22 pm

Man i sooo! hope that their right! i really want this game to be good!.

If this does go well what do you guys think will (want to) be REmade next? Nemisis or Code Veronica?.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 3:04 am

If anyone even thinks CV would get remade before 3 there must be something wrong with them. Actually, even getting a third remake would be a miracle.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 7:36 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
If anyone even thinks CV would get remade before 3 there must be something wrong with them. Actually, even getting a third remake would be a miracle.

A RE3 REmake would be nice. CAPCOM, DO ME A SOLID AND MAKE ME A RE3 REMAKE.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 1:28 pm

We can all just accept the fact that its probably going to be an underwhelming remake.

But ill add in some nice cool additions that they could do to EXPANDDDD upon the game.

-include RE2&3 since they take place at the same time and for online add an outbreak mode. I should just work for capcom
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 3:59 pm

chocotricks wrote:
for online add an outbreak mode.
Multiplayer in any form can fuck off.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 5:14 pm

Fun fact, there was a version of RE2 that had multiplayer. Tiger made a 99x port of their previous Game.com version which had a high score mode through a link cable.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 7:11 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Fun fact, there was a version of RE2 that had multiplayer. Tiger made a 99x port of their previous Game.com version which had a high score mode through a link cable.

Oh jeez, you don't mean that Tiger?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFuuuuuck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next