HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC! Empty
PostSubject: Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC!   Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC! EmptyFri Dec 22, 2017 8:44 am

I'll start.

I thought it looked nothing like Chris (sigh), but that's old news. It was very entertaining though. I like that they had it where you had to use a mask to guard yourself from the poisonous fog. That will be in 'Metal Gear Survive' soon as well.

The other one was also good, but very unusual. Fighting with your hands is kind of bizarre. Although it was at least something..."different" for a change. Joe is an ace character, but likely a one-time hero.

Not a bad end to the year, huh?
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC!   Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC! EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 6:04 am

Loved how they both changed things up from the main game. Shows that there are still different things they can do, gameplay wise.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC!   Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC! EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 2:39 am

Soon, we can expect an official announcement for the RE2 remake. Capcom, don't mess this up, or else!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC!   Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC! EmptySun Apr 15, 2018 6:49 am

Not a Hero was okay, though it felt a bit too short and didn't have much replay value. It was nice to play as Chris again, and it was nice to see a definite ending to RE7, even if that meant yet another one-shot villain. At least Umbrella is back and most likely will stay so for a while.

End of Zoe, on the other hand, was just amazing. It made no sense, it was crazy the whole way through, Joe is a complete badass and I loved every second of it. RE needs to take more liberties like this when it comes to spinoffs and additional content. The whole adventure was a blast with a ton of replay value with the extra missions and such.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC!   Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC! EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 1:00 am

The game was okay, but I think it's just a 'horror game set in a house' and so it ain't really a true RE game. To me, it's a survival horror game that you play and enjoy for a spell, but that's it. When it was all said and done, I liked it for what it was, but it still doesn't feel like a "real" RE title to me as so much has been altered.

No doubt by the time we get RE8, they'll just throw in a completely new story as usual that will disregard all the stuff in this game anyway. I'm not expecting Ethan to return any day soon either. If they're trying to keep it to being purely survival horror now, I can see Capcom thinking up new characters so the scare factor feels fresh, while just being lazy in another capacity by having a cameo role from a veteran protagonist for mostly fan service reasons, whether it's Chris, Leon, or whoever they want to bring back. That still doesn't make it RE for me.

Revelations 2 was even more relevant than 7 was. But hey, that's just me!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC!   Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC! EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 3:47 am

White Rock wrote:
The game was okay, but I think it's just a 'horror game set in a house' and so it ain't really a true RE game. To me, it's a survival horror game that you play and enjoy for a spell, but that's it. When it was all said and done, I liked it for what it was, but it still doesn't feel like a "real" RE title to me as so much has been altered.

Wait, you mean RE7 as a whole? But isn't that exactly what RE1 was back in the day, just a horror game set in a house? The same goes for its predecessor, Sweet Home, though back in those days actual horror games were rather rare. The whole alteration of the style was because the previous style was getting rather used up and people were asking for a change in the series. It was a well received change, too, the initial release being bested in sales only by RE5 and 6.

White Rock wrote:
No doubt by the time we get RE8, they'll just throw in a completely new story as usual that will disregard all the stuff in this game anyway. I'm not expecting Ethan to return any day soon either. If they're trying to keep it to being purely survival horror now, I can see Capcom thinking up new characters so the scare factor feels fresh, while just being lazy in another capacity by having a cameo role from a veteran protagonist for mostly fan service reasons, whether it's Chris, Leon, or whoever they want to bring back. That still doesn't make it RE for me.

Revelations 2 was even more relevant than 7 was. But hey, that's just me!

I actually think Capcom is going to keep going with this plot line for a while. They have been setting it up for so long with various releases like Umbrella Corps and Heavenly Island, all setting up the resurrection of Umbrella. I doubt they'd be bringing such a big player back to the field without any actual plans of keeping them there. Then we have all these other companies fighting for the throne of the biggest bioweapon seller on the market, also set up in Umbrella Corps and Heavenly Island. Still though, the main problem with this is that most no one actually know about this underlying storyline, since pretty much nobody played Umbrella Corps and Heavenly Island is still without an official English translation.

I would say that RE7 was in fact just as relevant to the big picture as RER2 was, and I do hope they at some point tie these stories together, what with Alex's possible resurrection and such.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC!   Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC! EmptyTue May 01, 2018 8:03 pm

Well, 7 isn't trash. I don't think it's unworthy of being in the series, but it still didn't feel 'quite right' to me. I guess that's because I loved the first three to four games too much, and 4 was kind of like a reboot, like how 7 is kind of a reboot, even if they don't fully treat it like one. However, unlike 4, 7 feels like a horror game where you are scared. Some parts of 4 is scary, maybe on the first time playing it. After that, it's just a cool action game with a mainstay RE character in it. Although in 2005, nobody seemed to care because we all had too much fun shooting every villager's head clean off.

If 7 is anything to go by, 8 will probably be like 7 (with the same engine and style). I'm not going to complain too much, though. I love the series too much to want to let go of it now. But I do think they should make it both third and first person, like the patch they put out for The Evil Within 2 a few months ago. That way, players at least get a choice of perspective. I suppose you'll never please everyone. People still have different opinions on what the horror "roots" are meant to be, and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC!   Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC! EmptyWed May 02, 2018 3:35 am

I'm pretty sure the Revelations side series will stay in 3rd person, at least. I'm not sure how much it would affect game balance, being able to switch from 1st to 3rd person, but it would not be the first time RE has done this. I was actually bummed that the console ports of Revelations didn't have the ability to switch, like in the 3DS original. Still, it did work in Dead Aim and Code: Veronica's Battle Game. At least it definitely would not be as game breaking as switching between OTS and fixed cameras would be (just look at the easter egg in RE5).
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC!   Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC! EmptyWed May 09, 2018 6:33 pm

I'm actually more interested in Revelations 3 than 8 or the remake. The Revelations games at least feel like true sequels. Revelations 2 was a sleeper hit, because it arrived suddenly in 2015 and was so good. However, I'm only partially excited about 8 because I suspect it will be like 7 where we get a brief game and then get made to buy the extra content, while the game itself may be a lot like 7. As a one-off, I don't mind 7. But I know that after 4, we had 5 and 6 in the same style. So 8 could be like 7 if they choose to follow a pattern. And yeah, don't get me wrong: I still care about Capcom doing a great job with the remake of 2, but I kind of don't care much for remakes. After all, this is 2018 and I think they'll likely make it all modern day looking, and it will be a complete joke. I'm hoping it won't be, but there's just something not right with their track record. Plus, 2 is a major title, so screwing that up is so bad...
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC!   Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC! EmptySat May 12, 2018 1:44 am

White Rock wrote:
So 8 could be like 7 if they choose to follow a pattern.

They have already confirmed that they will be making 8 in the same style as 7. They even made a point in one development diary video that the main series has gone in cycles of three, with 1-3 being fixed cameras and 4-6 being OTS. That means 7-9 will be in first person.

White Rock wrote:
After all, this is 2018 and I think they'll likely make it all modern day looking, and it will be a complete joke. I'm hoping it won't be, but there's just something not right with their track record. Plus, 2 is a major title, so screwing that up is so bad...

Capcom just published their new business plan recently, and it includes two "major titles" for their next fiscal year that are not named in the report. Like you said, RE2 would be a major title so it fits the bill. On the chart it mentions that their expected sales for these two "major titles" is almost half of their insanely good sales of last year. One reason they could be expecting such "low" income from new major titles is because they are expecting RE2 (if it really is one of said titles) to not sell nearly as well as, say, RE7. This could indicate a gameplay style only a niche group would be interested in, which technically bodes well for fans expecting a more old school experience. This, of course, is just conjecture and in no way anything that could be taken as a fact.

This is all on page 14 of the report: http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/explanation/2017/full/explanation_2017_full_01.pdf

Speaking of their track record, it seems rather good at the moment. Last year was their most profitable in the company's history, both RE7 and Monster Hunter World reaching initial sales so high they shot up to the top 5 best selling initial relases of all Capcom titles, ever. Monster Hunter World is now their best selling game of all time, while RE7 is 5th, only trailing behind RE5, RE6 and SF2's initial sales. This also means RE7 is their 3rd best selling RE title on launch. Now, if ever, is their chance to take a risk with RE2 and at least according to the chart they seemingly are.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC!   Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC! EmptySat May 12, 2018 5:29 pm

Well, fans did ask for a change. They asked for horror to come back. Then you still get people that say it's not Resident Evil. That may be true to an extent, but once you learned of why the Baker family ended up how they did, it made sense due to a virus or something with mind control capabilities. Keeping in mind that games like Revelations 2 began experimenting with this idea first. So 7 still feels relevant, although if they never go anywhere with this blue versus red Umbrella plot point, it will be shamefully wasted.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC!   Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC! EmptySat May 12, 2018 5:44 pm

White Rock wrote:
although if they never go anywhere with this blue versus red Umbrella plot point, it will be shamefully wasted.

Like I said previously on some thread, they have been setting up the whole new Umbrella deal for a while now, even if it hasn't really been all that prominent for most of the fanbase. I just hope the terrible reception Umbrella Corps got doesn't make them want to stay away from this part of the story.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC!   Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC! EmptyFri May 25, 2018 12:19 am

Lots of people moan about 7 and all, but we got a very fairly mixed game. The main game was horror heavy and short, but then again, it was not too short and it certainly felt like the early games where you had a house, or a place with external tunnels below the area. The DLC was a mix of horror, action and also experimenting with fighting was a new twist, yet some folk still feel disgruntled over that, which I think is not optimistic, because they did ask for a change, but then they moan anyway. So the DLC getting delayed and all was not cool, sure, but I think Capcom did a good job of pleasing the fans who are into both categories. Those being horror and those who prefer the shooting aspects from 4 up to 6. But I guess you'll always get picky fans out there who complain regardless. At least Capcom made the effort.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC!   Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC! EmptySat May 26, 2018 5:13 am

White Rock wrote:
So the DLC getting delayed and all was not cool

From what I heard the Not a Hero DLC was originally outsourced to some other company but they didn't do a very good job with it so Capcom had to rework the whole affair. Not really sure what went wrong there but one would think that after the whole deal with Slant6 and Operation Raccoon City Capcom would be a bit more weary of outsourcing their bigger IPs.

Then again, I hear Monster Hunter Online was a great success so I guess it's a 50/50 whether you're gonna get crap or gold.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC!   Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC! Empty

Back to top Go down

Your thoughts on the "Not a Hero" and "End of Zoe" DLC!
Page 1 of 1