HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Anyone else feel this way? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Anyone else feel this way? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Anyone else feel this way? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Anyone else feel this way? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Anyone else feel this way? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Anyone else feel this way? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Anyone else feel this way? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Anyone else feel this way? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Anyone else feel this way? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Anyone else feel this way?

Go down 
+4
Aegis
MSR
RebelliousQueen
Nobudy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Aegis
Zombie
Zombie
Aegis

Anyone else feel this way? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 4:00 pm

I have never said that females beating men should be played for laughs. I have said multiple times that each gender should be treated equally. If we are talking about the morality of media portraying men/women as stupid, or hurting them for laughs or whatever, then all I can say is that the discussion should be more centered in why anyone would look at these outlets to take morality away from it. I highly doubt that in any trial, the judge and jury will look to King of the Hill to base a decision on if the man on the stand who beat his wife should be jailed. That's ridiculous. I have no clue why the media has been brought into this discussion.

As for the Madea instance, the situation was the culprit. The female was set up as the innocent victim who got revenge against the villain. The gender would have less to do with the cheering than the situation. It is extremely easy to mold what makes a hero or villain. Look at Robin Hood. He is a thief and a hero because of the circumstance and the telling of the story. Propaganda works the same way. Choose what the story is and how the characters fit into it and you can decide who is the villain and who is the hero.

Personally, I think any domestic violence situation is often viewed through a certain lens. A man beating up a woman is not enough information. Let's look at a few imaginary situations.

1) A large man is married to a petite woman. He comes home and the wife and he gets into a fight about why he is late and she slaps him in the face. He proceeds to physically dominate her and beats her harshly.

2) A petite man is married to a large woman. He comes home and the wife and he gets into a fight about why he is late and she slaps him in the face. He defends himself as she keeps trying to hurt him and both he and she get hurt.

3) A large man is married to a petite woman. He comes home and the wife and he gets into a fight about why he is late and she slaps him in the face. He restrains her enough so he can leave the house without anyone taking any more damage.

I think we can all agree that the situation plays a far bigger role in reality than gender. Basically, anyone who is able to physically dominate another person should be held accountable for what takes place during any struggle because it is virtually always possible for the physically dominant one to control a hostile situation. There are infinite possibilities for situations, and as such, gender should have a very minor place among discussion. Do I feel like women are able to just play the gender card in society today to get away with things? Sometimes, obviously, but I have not noticed some kind of outbreak of this. I definitely do not think that women have an advantage over men in even progressive societies. Men are slowly losing their advantage over women in progressive societies and women are still at an extreme disadvantage in most less progressive societies. All of this is generally speaking of course.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 2:22 am

Aegis wrote:
I have never said that females beating men should be played for laughs. I have said multiple times that each gender should be treated equally. If we are talking about the morality of media portraying men/women as stupid, or hurting them for laughs or whatever, then all I can say is that the discussion should be more centered in why anyone would look at these outlets to take morality away from it. I highly doubt that in any trial, the judge and jury will look to King of the Hill to base a decision on if the man on the stand who beat his wife should be jailed. That's ridiculous. I have no clue why the media has been brought into this discussion.

As for the Madea instance, the situation was the culprit. The female was set up as the innocent victim who got revenge against the villain. The gender would have less to do with the cheering than the situation. It is extremely easy to mold what makes a hero or villain. Look at Robin Hood. He is a thief and a hero because of the circumstance and the telling of the story. Propaganda works the same way. Choose what the story is and how the characters fit into it and you can decide who is the villain and who is the hero.

Personally, I think any domestic violence situation is often viewed through a certain lens. A man beating up a woman is not enough information. Let's look at a few imaginary situations.

1) A large man is married to a petite woman. He comes home and the wife and he gets into a fight about why he is late and she slaps him in the face. He proceeds to physically dominate her and beats her harshly.

2) A petite man is married to a large woman. He comes home and the wife and he gets into a fight about why he is late and she slaps him in the face. He defends himself as she keeps trying to hurt him and both he and she get hurt.

3) A large man is married to a petite woman. He comes home and the wife and he gets into a fight about why he is late and she slaps him in the face. He restrains her enough so he can leave the house without anyone taking any more damage.

I think we can all agree that the situation plays a far bigger role in reality than gender. Basically, anyone who is able to physically dominate another person should be held accountable for what takes place during any struggle because it is virtually always possible for the physically dominant one to control a hostile situation. There are infinite possibilities for situations, and as such, gender should have a very minor place among discussion. Do I feel like women are able to just play the gender card in society today to get away with things? Sometimes, obviously, but I have not noticed some kind of outbreak of this. I definitely do not think that women have an advantage over men in even progressive societies. Men are slowly losing their advantage over women in progressive societies and women are still at an extreme disadvantage in most less progressive societies. All of this is generally speaking of course.
I wasn't talking about you. I was referring to the general public. Earlier in the school year, my principal mentioned a girl beating her boyfriend during a past football game and many of the other seniors all looked confused and surprised. Maybe instead of the media, we look at the general public.

If you haven't seen people use the gender card much, then I'd say you're one of the lucky ones. Where I live, both men and women try to play the gender card. But you have to realize that when it comes to fights, physical strength doesn't instantly mean you're going to win via restraining or other means. Physical strength is like power. You may have toe power, but do you know how to use it? Smaller people can even use a person's size to their advantage. Plus there are plenty of ways to break a person's restraint over you.

Though looking deeper into sexism, I've realized that for the general public to believe that men are supposed to be big brutes of muscles that show little to no emotions other than rage and anger as well as acting tough is pretty sexist in its own. As for sexism against women, they're stereotypically portrayed as nurturing, harmless, and weak that are incapable of doing harm to anyone including themselves. Even though these things are definitely not true, I don't see why the stereotypes still exist. Not all men are built to be 6'0 wrestlers or fighters. Some just weren't lucky enough because of genetic/environmental factors. Not all women are built in a "weak" body. My family on my mother's side for example has everyone (including the females) with a muscular build and yet they still see themselves that way.

I'm okay with feminists wanting equality, but a branch of them just want to take over and become the very people that were oppressing them in the first place.. Men getting mad at the good feminists is just childish. The the women need to realize that true equality means getting the benefits AND consequences that men get.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 5:59 am

(Refuses to respond)
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 10:37 am

Ah but you responed and didn't respond at the same time.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 1:29 pm

Teh Spike wrote:
My wife beats me up. She physically abuses me. After a long day she, usually after a few drinks, likes to smack me around, and make me do things. She also expects a meal on the table every night! She says I make her do it! I make her have to kick my ass! But I cant leave...I mean, I still have my CDs in her truck. Thats like 40 or 50 CDs, I cant just walk away from that. What can I dooo???

Then what the hell are you waiting for? Take away those cd's as many as you can. And I'm going to make you a escape route! Smile

chocotricks wrote:
TAKE THE TRUCK AND DRIVE SPIKE!!!! YOU CAN LIVE WITH ME

Ha, I'm with you man. Very Happy

Nobudy wrote:
I wish more people like you lived in my City. Most people still believe that all women are weak and fragile therefore believing that they're capable of doing no harm to anyone including themselves.

Well, here in our country women is the center of abused. Even the little girls. Getting raped, and killed by the end. Happened a lot here.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 2:20 pm

RebelliousQueen wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
My wife beats me up. She physically abuses me. After a long day she, usually after a few drinks, likes to smack me around, and make me do things. She also expects a meal on the table every night! She says I make her do it! I make her have to kick my ass! But I cant leave...I mean, I still have my CDs in her truck. Thats like 40 or 50 CDs, I cant just walk away from that. What can I dooo???

Then what the hell are you waiting for? Take away those cd's as many as you can. And I'm going to make you a escape route! Smile

chocotricks wrote:
TAKE THE TRUCK AND DRIVE SPIKE!!!! YOU CAN LIVE WITH ME

Ha, I'm with you man. Very Happy

Nobudy wrote:
I wish more people like you lived in my City. Most people still believe that all women are weak and fragile therefore believing that they're capable of doing no harm to anyone including themselves.

Well, here in our country women is the center of abused. Even the little girls. Getting raped, and killed by the end. Happened a lot here.
Damn. I'm sorry. Isn't anything being done about it?
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 3:12 pm

Well, for the fact that our Government is not actually aware about this. They keep ignoring this matter.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 3:59 pm

RebelliousQueen wrote:
Well, for the fact that our Government is not actually aware about this. They keep ignoring this matter.
Hmph. Typical government. They claim to care about the people yet they're only concerned when their asses are on the line. I was thinking that some protesters could come up with a method to make things better, but having family that lives in Nigeria, it may not work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone else feel this way?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2