Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Anyone else feel this way? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Anyone else feel this way? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Anyone else feel this way? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Anyone else feel this way? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Anyone else feel this way? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Anyone else feel this way? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Anyone else feel this way? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Anyone else feel this way? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Anyone else feel this way? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Anyone else feel this way?

Go down 
+4
Aegis
MSR
RebelliousQueen
Nobudy
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

Anyone else feel this way? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 7:58 pm

I'm definitely sure that it's not just me and my brother (as well as my younger sis), that feels that society is ok with sexism/discrimination towards men.

My brother was watching a YouTube video regarding the issue

I'm starting to think that the reason people think this is because the media usually portrays men to be evil sex perverts and pedophiles. Law and Order SVU for example usually portrays mostly men as the criminals.

When it comes to rape, how many people actually take male rape seriously? Doing a survey of 20 people at my school (I should have done a bit more though), only two of them took it seriously while 11 thought it was impossible. The other 7 said various of "I find it funny." Back when I used to watch Family, I can name a couple of examples of people disregarding male rape simply because the characters was male. At one point, Lois states that "It's impossible for a woman to rape a man." There was also an episode where Peter was raped by a sentient bull with no one doing anything at all. Yea it was played for laughs. I've never been raped before nor do I know anyone who has, but the fact that the general public either shrugs/laughs it off. The media has pretty much posed many individual's minds to think that men are supposed to be big brutes incapable of taking pain and bullets to the heart even by other men.

For domestic abuse, I remember once watching a show called "The Proud Family". That show portrayed men as bumbling idiots while many of the female characters were the smarter and brighter ones. This show was also a big promoter of the Double Standard. Once a female character considered cheating on her husband for Denzel Washington causing the characters (man included) to laugh. When her husband responds by saying he'll cheat on her for Halle Berry, his wife and daughter promptly stop laughing and proceed to injure the man's ALREADY injured foot. Other times in the show, his wife and mother would constantly beat or abuse him most times he disagrees with one or the other while it's played for laughs. I should let you know that this man is very scrawny. Much more so than his own wife and mother. The show even constantly states this as well. Society needs to realize that not all men are built to be 6'0 brutes of muscles.

I find it funny how women 100 years ago and today were allowed to freely state their problems with sexism yet men do the same thing only to be called "pussies" or "not real men". The problem is that now that feminazis and feminazi supporting men are bashing men, they're doing the same to me what they did 100+ years ago to women.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 12:18 am

Interesting thread. Few weeks ago. I was watching a documentary about battered husbands. It says that before only men is allowed to do it. But as time goes by, the women can do it too, to their partners. It is said in survey that about ten people, six of them are always get hitted, and battered by their wives. I find it untrue at first. But I guess women rights are gotten more stronger now. But I believe that still more of women are getting raped and get hitted than men. But being feminazi is not good at all times. Just like beating guys by their partners is not funny at all.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 4:10 am

My wife beats me up. She physically abuses me. After a long day she, usually after a few drinks, likes to smack me around, and make me do things. She also expects a meal on the table every night! She says I make her do it! I make her have to kick my ass! But I cant leave...I mean, I still have my CDs in her truck. Thats like 40 or 50 CDs, I cant just walk away from that. What can I dooo???
Back to top Go down
Aegis
Zombie
Zombie
Aegis

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 6:11 am

I don't think anyone is okay with sexism or discrimination toward men. Most media sources portray men as predators because it is very rarely females in this role. The only disturbing trend I see today is the fact that as females gain more equality in a society, the men of the society begin to throw tantrums and try to play the victim card all the time. It's getting extremely ridiculous in the US. It's just backlash caused by a normally powerful group losing the unfair edge they once had. Same reason the news is full of outraged religious groups because religion is quickly dying.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 9:30 am

Aegis wrote:
I don't think anyone is okay with sexism or discrimination toward men. Most media sources portray men as predators because it is very rarely females in this role. The only disturbing trend I see today is the fact that as females gain more equality in a society, the men of the society begin to throw tantrums and try to play the victim card all the time. It's getting extremely ridiculous in the US. It's just backlash caused by a normally powerful group losing the unfair edge they once had. Same reason the news is full of outraged religious groups because religion is quickly dying.
How do you know that these men playing the victim card aren't really abused? Just because women in your case "very rarely" commit predator crimes doesn't mean it's still ok to only put men as predators in media. I'm not throwing any tantrum regarding women trying to gain equality. I'm upset that some women claim they want equality yet when a situation doesn't go their way, they'll play the "I'm a woman card" despite claiming wanting to be treated like men.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 9:33 am

TAKE THE TRUCK AND DRIVE SPIKE!!!! YOU CAN LIVE WITH ME

My girlfriend also kicks the shit out of me all the time (well she tries) She does more damage to herself than to me lol
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 10:29 am

RebelliousQueen wrote:
Interesting thread. Few weeks ago. I was watching a documentary about battered husbands. It says that before only men is allowed to do it. But as time goes by, the women can do it too, to their partners. It is said in survey that about ten people, six of them are always get hitted, and battered by their wives. I find it untrue at first. But I guess women rights are gotten more stronger now. But I believe that still more of women are getting raped and get hitted than men. But being feminazi is not good at all times. Just like beating guys by their partners is not funny at all.
I wish more people like you lived in my City. Most people still believe that all women are weak and fragile therefore believing that they're capable of doing no harm to anyone including themselves.
Back to top Go down
Aegis
Zombie
Zombie
Aegis

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 12:11 pm

Why is this forum so full of people that read more into what I say than I actually do? I never said only men are predators, and it is factually wrong to say the media portrays only men as predators. I also did not say that all men play the victim when they really aren't. Some men are abused. But this whole issue has been blown so far out of proportion lately, and it seems pretty obvious to me that it is a reaction of a once powerful group (men) losing power, and trying to skew reality to gain power back over women by preventing a foothold in equality for women. Both genders should be treated equally. I think we all agree there.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 12:25 pm

Everyone will not be treated all the same.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 1:54 pm

Aegis wrote:
Why is this forum so full of people that read more into what I say than I actually do? I never said only men are predators, and it is factually wrong to say the media portrays only men as predators. I also did not say that all men play the victim when they really aren't. Some men are abused. But this whole issue has been blown so far out of proportion lately, and it seems pretty obvious to me that it is a reaction of a once powerful group (men) losing power, and trying to skew reality to gain power back over women by preventing a foothold in equality for women. Both genders should be treated equally. I think we all agree there.
It's because of the way you word things. I for one am not mad about women wanting equality because they're humans just like men, but some of them out there are trying to become the very thing they spoke out against. I'm only reacting to this because women seem to get away with doing things that men couldn't ever get away with. If she beats her husband out of self defense, she's a hero. If it's a man fighting back in self-defense, he's an abusive cunt who should have "taken it like a man." If a woman rapes two guys while drugging them, it's her fetish. If it's a guy does the same thing, he's a pig. I'm not saying that everyone will say that, but the general public may see it that way because they find female on male rape ridiculous and even hilarious.

@Teh Spike: You're right about that. It may never be 100%, but we can get it close.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 1:58 pm

Abusers are abusers,regardless if they are male or female,so I'm not surprised that some men are being abused by women.
Back to top Go down
Aegis
Zombie
Zombie
Aegis

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 4:32 pm

I guess I'll have to start using small words written in crayon. I have no idea what you are talking about with women being able to rape men and get away with it. Do you have some recent examples of this? Or of women beating their partners with backlash against the man defending himself?
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 6:51 pm

Aegis wrote:
I guess I'll have to start using small words written in crayon. I have no idea what you are talking about with women being able to rape men and get away with it. Do you have some recent examples of this? Or of women beating their partners with backlash against the man defending himself?
No. You just need to quit trying to sound like some smart-ass intellect. You're setting a bad example for other 14 year olds.

When it comes to women trying to beat men down. I'm using myself as an example. Plenty of the women in my community feel the need to make attempts to slap or punch me across the face just for speaking against them. Each time I fought back, I was always met with hate from people telling me "you don't ever hit a women even if it's self-defense" or "you were supposed to just take it." What these fools need to realize is that fighting isn't only about power. If you know the right places to hit a person, you can take them down easily. And I can assure you, getting hit in the eyes, nose, and/or mouth can be pretty painful.

Maybe I should have been more specific. Male rape victims receives little attention (unless the male victim is a boy raped by a man) compared to female rape victims much like how male breast cancer is usually overlooked. Yes we can get breast cancer. Yes it doesn't happen as common as women, but that doesn't mean it should be ignored,

At least take the time to read SOME of this http://paa2011.princeton.edu/papers/110484
Back to top Go down
Aegis
Zombie
Zombie
Aegis

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 10:35 am

Sorry for being able to form a sound rebuttal. I didn't realize that would make me into a smart ass intellect. From now on, I'll just agree with everything you say, so as not to damage what is obviously your fragile as glass ego. I'm not sure what you were trying to prove with that paper, unless you are under the delusion that I think males don't get raped.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 11:26 am

Aegis wrote:
Sorry for being able to form a sound rebuttal. I didn't realize that would make me into a smart ass intellect. From now on, I'll just agree with everything you say, so as not to damage what is obviously your fragile as glass ego. I'm not sure what you were trying to prove with that paper, unless you are under the delusion that I think males don't get raped.
See there you go again. You saying that the reason the media has men as predators for the most part because females are "rarely" predators makes you sound ignorant. Disagreeing with me isn't a bad thing. The way you worded things was similar to how you were trying to talk about PC users and graphics whores in that other thread. If anyone has a big ego, It's you. You're only 14 yet you talk as if you've "learned it all". Both of us aren't even 20 yet so we still have plenty to learn about the world.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 11:48 am

Nobudy wrote:
You're only 14 yet you talk as if you've "learned it all". Both of us aren't even 20 yet so we still have plenty to learn about the world.

I hardly think age matters. I've met 12-year-olds that are more mature than some people over their 20s.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Aegis
Zombie
Zombie
Aegis

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 11:49 am

Age has nothing to do with anything. Ever. What anyone says always stands on its own merit. As for women rarely being predators, I was speaking in relative terms. Compared to men, yes, women predators are far more rare. When you say predator, you could be talking about different crimes, such as assault, rape, murder, serial killing, etc. Each category will have its own female vs male ratio. There are many more female rapists than female serial killers, which are extremely rare. I've already said that the media doesn't only portray men as predators, but they do portray men more as predators because that's the reality of it. Take a university psychology course because this is psych 101 stuff.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 12:35 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
You're only 14 yet you talk as if you've "learned it all". Both of us aren't even 20 yet so we still have plenty to learn about the world.

I hardly think age matters. I've met 12-year-olds that are more mature than some people over their 20s.

Whatever.

Ok, well firstly I want to say that I absolutely despise when people use the age card. Extra annoying when people use someone's age against them, so im with Aegis on that part.

Aegis: 1
Nobudy: 0

That said, I also think Nobudy could be on to something. Maybe the reason there is a misunderstanding or anyone jumping to conclusions, the way Aegis words the post may be at fault. Sooo...

Aegis: 1
Nobody: 1

So boys, we're all tied up now, so lets shake hands and let bygones be bygones.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 12:48 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

My mistake. I guess I should have said experience. In some cases, experience trumps raw talent.

Aegis wrote:
Age has nothing to do with anything. Ever. What anyone says always stands on its own merit. As for women rarely being predators, I was speaking in relative terms. Compared to men, yes, women predators are far more rare. When you say predator, you could be talking about different crimes, such as assault, rape, murder, serial killing, etc. Each category will have its own female vs male ratio. There are many more female rapists than female serial killers, which are extremely rare. I've already said that the media doesn't only portray men as predators, but they do portray men more as predators because that's the reality of it. Take a university psychology course because this is psych 101 stuff.
The thing is. Even though female rapists and murderers aren't as much as men, it doesn't mean that females assaulting other females and men should be played for laughs. Though to be fair, males assaulting females is played for laughs as well, but from what I've seen, it's not as much when the genders are reversed.

One movie my sisters once watched was "Medea's Family Reunion". A woman was in an abusive relationship. Though it was mostly emotional with a slap across the face. My sisters gasped and saw him as a monster. Once she does fight back at the end of the movie, she proceeds to scald her husband with hot Oatmeal and then repeatedly beat him with a frying pan. Que cheering from my sisters. What she did to him was much worse than what he did to her physically. I never understood why it was played for laughs yet a simple slap across the face was drama. Yet many people in my city still believe women to be fragile and incapable of hurting anyone.

@TehSpike: Bygones. I don't hold grudges. A wise man once said "We mustn't focus on what was rather act on what is." Very Happy  But going back to my original post is that I'm wondering is anyone else feeling that the media has become more sexist against men as well as continuing against women (albeit less but still present)? I'm all for women wanting equality as well, but for them to only want to take the benefits and not the consequences either is something else.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 1:12 pm

You're cool in my book Nobody. That is a wise quote. I like those old quotes like that. I've found that most often those old sayings are true and exist and have stood the test of time for a reason. Because wise people have figured that stuff out over time through their experience.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 1:27 pm

Teh Spike wrote:
You're cool in my book Nobody. That is a wise quote. I like those old quotes like that. I've found that most often those old sayings are true and exist and have stood the test of time for a reason. Because wise people have figured that stuff out over time through their experience.
I've always thought that the wisest people were the one that went through the most tragedies.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 1:37 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
I've always thought that the wisest people were the one that went through the most tragedies.

Why do humans feed on tragedy?
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 1:57 pm

Teh Spike wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:

That's something I've always wondered. It might be something we'll never understand.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 2:11 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:

That's something I've always wondered. It might be something we'll never understand.

And! If a mouse goes outside does that make it a rat?
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 2:42 pm

Teh Spike wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:

And! If a mouse goes outside does that make it a rat?
Um....Uh.....yes Question  Question  Question ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else feel this way?   Anyone else feel this way? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone else feel this way?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next