Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Enemy AI patterns

Go down 
+6
Ghost Leader
Aegis
37 Narwhals
PWNERX
Mass Distraction
Pau Diaz
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 8:12 am

It depends on if they mean the friendly AI or the enemy AI.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 10:01 am

It's really dependant on how you look at it. I liked Ashley's AI, some people couldn't stand it. The main reason I don't like the AI in RE5 despite little to no change, is because of the proverbial hoops you have to jump through when managing your partner's inventory.

Also, I think they really dumbed down the chainsaw dude.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:19 am

Vandal wrote:
Also, I think they really dumbed down the chainsaw dude.
For sure. Then they jacked him up with steroids in RE6.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 12:27 pm

I've noticed that the partner AI in RE5 doesn't use different weapons unless, and only if, the ammo for his or her current weapon is depleted. He or she will just exhaust it, switch to another weapon at random and then move on to the next one once it's empty. Is there any way this can be improved?
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 12:32 pm

Pau Diaz wrote:
I've noticed that the partner AI in RE5 doesn't use different weapons unless, and only if, the ammo for his or her current weapon is depleted. He or she will just exhaust it, switch to another weapon at random and then move on to the next one once it's empty. Is there any way this can be improved?

SPY!!!
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 5:56 am

Pau Diaz wrote:
No, unless there's a mod that does that available for the PC version.

Btw. PWNER, no more spamming. Seriously.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 7:02 am

Pau Diaz wrote:
If you hold the partner button, on the xbox's case it would be "B" you can see a small list of commands. "Attack" is a mode where your AI partner switches to a more powerful weapon and moves ahead killing anything in sight, problem with this is that they usually end up get themselves killed. So it's best if they're just following you with a handgun popping herbs like a drug addicted hippie.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 4:06 pm

Vandal wrote:
Pau Diaz wrote:
If you hold the partner button, on the xbox's case it would be "B" you can see a small list of commands. "Attack" is a mode where your AI partner switches to a more powerful weapon and moves ahead killing anything in sight, problem with this is that they usually end up get themselves killed. So it's best if they're just following you with a handgun popping herbs like a drug addicted hippie.
Well, I still consider this better than Ashley... but at least she would stay put when told.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 11:01 am

Ashley doesn't have a suicide button. When Ashley died it was your fault, when Sheva AI dies, you really don't have control over the situation.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 12:11 pm

How´s the AI in Resident Evil 6 in your opinion? The smarter zombies look impressive on video, but from your game playing experiences, is their AI well developed?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 3:47 pm

The same, I guess. Kinda hard to tell because the enemies are mostly new.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 12:48 pm

How´s the AI in combat? Is it easy to slip past enemies? Do they have special ways of surprising the players?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 4:18 am

Pau Diaz wrote:
How´s the AI in combat? Is it easy to slip past enemies? Do they have special ways of surprising the players?
Have you not followed any news prior to RE6? The J'avo are able to evolve, which means that after doing enough damage to them they get wings or elongating arms etc. I don't know if it's easy to slip past, I just kill everything in sight anyway.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:16 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Pau Diaz wrote:
Have you not followed any news prior to RE6? The J'avo are able to evolve, which means that after doing enough damage to them they get wings or elongating arms etc. I don't know if it's easy to slip past, I just kill everything in sight anyway.
I have read about Resident Evil 6, prior to, and following its release, actually. I am only performing a communal activity by asking others to share their knowledge here, as a prelude to contributing my own ideas and material. There is such a thing as sharing insight, before discussing what we learn about from official sources.

Thanks for the info about the J'avo. They sound like an evolution of the process of Las Plagas emerging from the host once enough damage was done to them. Growing the wings is a resourceful way to develop better means of defense for the host as well as make them harder targets and more difficult to fight in numbers.

Prior to RE4, Alexia emerging from her cocoon phase into her winged form once she'd sustained enough gunfire was the only other time they employed this method.

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:12 am

Pau Diaz wrote:
Thanks for the info about the J'avo. They sound like an evolution of the process of Las Plagas emerging from the host once enough damage was done to them. Growing the wings is a resourceful way to develop better means of defense for the host as well as make them harder targets and more difficult to fight in numbers.
Yet they have not evolved from a plaga. They are created by the C-virus, which is essentially a mix of T-Veronica and G-virus. Now that you did point out Alexia and her cocoon and wings, the C-virus infectees sometimes go into a chrysalid form (C = Chrysalid) and emerge as different creatures. However, none of these are winged apart from a head-sized bug.

As for why I asked, it's because I wanted to know whether you had that prior knowledge or not.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:39 am

Pau Diaz wrote:
How´s the AI in combat? Is it easy to slip past enemies?
It's pretty easy, but you'll just end up fighting them anyway while you wait for your partner at the door, so there's not much point unless you have a human partner.

Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 1:37 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Pau Diaz wrote:
Yet they have not evolved from a plaga. They are created by the C-virus, which is essentially a mix of T-Veronica and G-virus. Now that you did point out Alexia and her cocoon and wings, the C-virus infectees sometimes go into a chrysalid form (C = Chrysalid) and emerge as different creatures. However, none of these are winged apart from a head-sized bug.

As for why I asked, it's because I wanted to know whether you had that prior knowledge or not.
I needed a while to take it all in and there are still things I need to learn about Resident Evil 6, but I quickly picked up the basics from the videos and RE´s wiki. It's one of the biggest, feature rich games of the franchise, not to mention stylish. I very much like the playability of the game. The setting of a Chinese city is both colorful and diverse in terms of the fighting environments it presents.

I'm currently checking out Agent Hunt mode, a compelling mode where you get to play as various enemies. One of which, you  apparently charge around in this suit with a gauntlet like blade device and can undergo various mutations.

37 Narwhals wrote:
Pau Diaz wrote:
It's pretty easy, but you'll just end up fighting them anyway while you wait for your partner at the door, so there's not much point unless you have a human partner.

So the AI partner does things before you can exit? A variation of RE5's AI system, it sounds like. The partner character doesn't falter at any time does it?
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 2:41 pm

Pau Diaz wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
Pau Diaz wrote:
So the AI partner does things before you can exit? A variation of RE5's AI system, it sounds like. The partner character doesn't falter at any time does it?
It's like RE5, except your partner can't die and there's no inventory management regarding them. If you try to rush through an area, then you'll end up waiting because they like to stop to shoot enemies and they won't sprint to keep up with you. Aside from that, the partner's not too bad.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 3:03 pm

37 Narwhals wrote:
Pau Diaz wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
Pau Diaz wrote:
It's like RE5, except your partner can't die and there's no inventory management regarding them. If you try to rush through an area, then you'll end up waiting because they like to stop to shoot enemies and they won't sprint to keep up with you. Aside from that, the partner's not too bad.
A more fitting comparison would be the AI from Revelations. They practically just reused that for RE6.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 2:31 pm

In the first RE games until RE4, as I read on another forum, the games were designed to allow two enemy types to be loaded into the various areas of the game. However, there are almost no instances to my knowledge of zombies being mixed with zombie dogs, or spiders mixed with hunters. Only in Mercenaries of RE3 was Nemesis mixed among the zombies at one point. The rest of my experiences have always been fighting one particular entity or another, but never a combination of the two as the games were able to support.

Why? I'd have enjoyed the challenge of fighting two different types of monsters.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:03 am

Are you talking about the main series only? Because, for example, in Outbreak I've encountered both lickers and zombies in the same space. Rest assured, it was pure pain fighting them all off with a mop.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:19 am

I'm referring to the games 1-3, on the PC. Perhaps what I say couldn't apply to the PS versions due to the limitations of hardware and software, but certainly, the PC versions of Resident Evil 1&2 could allow for two different enemy types to be loaded into the areas via hex coding.

As for the pain of fighting two kinds of different enemies, I would say that it´s a new way to test our mettle. I've played around with swapping enemy models and found the experience to be quite uplifting. True, it was hard, swapping a zombie pack for Mr X in the first level of the game, but it also showed me how to fight a little more intuitively.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:24 am

Pau Diaz wrote:
As for the pain of fighting two kinds of different enemies, I would say that it´s a new way to test our mettle.
It would not have been pain had I actually had guns with bullets but all I got was a bunch of household items and a stick.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 12:31 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Pau Diaz wrote:
As for the pain of fighting two kinds of different enemies, I would say that it´s a new way to test our mettle.
It would not have been pain had I actually had guns with bullets but all I got was a bunch of household items and a stick.
Yes, I remember the times I played Outbreak. It was frustrating at times to run out of ammo and then to see the weapons I could use break over time.

Actually I have read that in Outbreak File 2 it's possible to load different entities into different areas, as well, although since it's only on the PS2, it'd be a lot more complicated than doing it on the PC.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 2:44 pm

One thing I noticed is that after RE3, the enemies no longer performed more deadly attacks when your health fell below caution, or at least not that I was aware of. I know for a fact that in 4 and 5, the attacks are performed at whatever level your health is at.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Enemy AI patterns
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3