Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Enemy AI patterns

Go down 
+6
Ghost Leader
Aegis
37 Narwhals
PWNERX
Mass Distraction
Pau Diaz
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 10:01 pm

Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 Big_Pen___Pic_1
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 11:35 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
What the hell lol:lol!: silent 
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 12:01 am

If you need AI I can help with it somewhat...

Zombies:
Really depends on what game your following, the original games so 1-3 of course are a shambling mess that when catch sight of the player will stick their hands up in the standard zombie pose and start to shuffle towards the player, when they get within in grabbing distance they do and start doing a bite animation that of course damages the player. When the player pushes back the zombie either goes on the ground or just gets pushed back temporarily allowing them to recover within a few seconds, when they lose sight of the player they return to their idle pose.

Lickers:
Already been covered somewhat, they can't see the player only using sound as a way to find their prey, so if a person runs they can hear them, if they walk they can't.
When a person is up close they will take a swipe at them with their claws, and as a player runs away the start to give chase and in some instances will perform a lunge attack(think its a insta kill when on yellow/orange caution) for other instances its the use of the tongue.

Cerberus/Zombie Dogs:
Very different from each version, They will only chase the player is they run if you walk they ignore you, however walk near them and it pisses them off. In REmakes and 1.5 instances they have a jump onto player ability in REmakes case you need to use a self defense item to get them off(although I think just tapping buttons also works?) 1.5 you just keep tapping the buttons until they are shaken off. And of course they can bite usually they do a running variant and an idle one, idle one is used up close when your close to them.

Nemesis: Haven't played that much ORC so i'm sticking to 3's, he's a pursuer so anything that gets in his way he knocks down or obliterates you can see this with zombies most of the time. His main AI is to run he's much faster than Jill is and when he's within range he executes a punch attack then backs off a bit in preparation for the infamous neck grab and throw to ground technique, now depending on health Jill can easily push him back, however if its too low then she will be thrown to the ground picked up and impaled by Nemesis's Tentacle, again if her health is high and she's on the ground button tapping can get her up quickly by doing that Nemesis will attempt the grab animation but fail to get anything as Jill is already up and about. His rocket Launcher version is simple he checks where Jill is aims and fires, and when she runs he continues to chase and this time will hit her with his launcher. He will also do this when he's up close, and another thing when Jill is running and he's aiming if Jill gets up close he will have to lower his launcher and reposition himself to get a clear shot.

That should hopefully do for now >.<
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 11:46 am

Miss Claire Redfield wrote:
Aegis wrote:
we are not the developers. Use ur own brain and think about ur questions
Instead of telling us that we're not the developers, and how you tell Paul Diaz to use his own brain. Why don't you apply that to yourself? Think before posting.
Thank you for standing up for me, Miss Claire Redfield. Much appreciated. I'll be sure to repay you in kind if you run into any problems on this forum. See you out there. cheers

DXP wrote:
If you need AI I can help with it somewhat...

Zombies:
Really depends on what game your following, the original games so 1-3 of course are a shambling mess that when catch sight of the player will stick their hands up in the standard zombie pose and start to shuffle towards the player, when they get within in grabbing distance they do and start doing a bite animation that of course damages the player. When the player pushes back the zombie either goes on the ground or just gets pushed back temporarily allowing them to recover within a few seconds, when they lose sight of the player they return to their idle pose.

Lickers:
Already been covered somewhat, they can't see the player only using sound as a way to find their prey, so if a person runs they can hear them, if they walk they can't.
When a person is up close they will take a swipe at them with their claws, and as a player runs away the start to give chase and in some instances will perform a lunge attack(think its a insta kill when on yellow/orange caution) for other instances its the use of the tongue.

Cerberus/Zombie Dogs:
Very different from each version, They will only chase the player is they run if you walk they ignore you, however walk near them and it pisses them off. In REmakes and 1.5 instances they have a jump onto player ability in REmakes case you need to use a self defense item to get them off(although I think just tapping buttons also works?) 1.5 you just keep tapping the buttons until they are shaken off. And of course they can bite usually they do a running variant and an idle one, idle one is used up close when your close to them.

Nemesis: Haven't played that much ORC so i'm sticking to 3's, he's a pursuer so anything that gets in his way he knocks down or obliterates you can see this with zombies most of the time. His main AI is to run he's much faster than Jill is and when he's within range he executes a punch attack then backs off a bit in preparation for the infamous neck grab and throw to ground technique, now depending on health Jill can easily push him back, however if its too low then she will be thrown to the ground picked up and impaled by Nemesis's Tentacle, again if her health is high and she's on the ground button tapping can get her up quickly by doing that Nemesis will attempt the grab animation but fail to get anything as Jill is already up and about. His rocket Launcher version is simple he checks where Jill is aims and fires, and when she runs he continues to chase and this time will hit her with his launcher. He will also do this when he's up close, and another thing when Jill is running and he's aiming if Jill gets up close he will have to lower his launcher and reposition himself to get a clear shot.

That should hopefully do for now >.<
Very insightful feedback. I've read it and will certainly keep the points you've made in mind. I feel that it's time for me to give back.

I too haven't played UC, DSC or ORC myself, so I can only base my observations on what I've learned over the first three games as well.

Zombies: In RE2, zombies use a surprise attack, which they resort to if the player is is attacking them with a knife handgun, machine-gun, or anything else that doesn't cause them to stagger before they come within arms length. You can avoid the attack, in which case the zombie goes sailing through the air and lands heavily on his face Shocked. However, in RE 3 they loose this lunge attack.

Zombie Dogs: Are offset by gunfire, even if it doesn't hit them. They appear to spasm as they walk, indicating some kind of coordination problem. This seems to vanish when they run around.

Drain Demos & Brain Suckers: don't seem to understand when a player is strong enough to fend off their grab attacks. They will more often than not embrace the player to suck from them even when the character is not in caution. They may spit poison at a player from a distance sometimes, but are more likely to amble up on two legs to chase or pounce on the player character.

Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 2:22 pm

Pau Diaz wrote:
Aegis wrote:
we are not the developers. Use ur own brain and think about ur questions
Instead of telling us that we're not the developers, and how you tell Pau Diaz to use his own brain. Why don't you apply that to yourself? Think before posting.
Thank you for standing up for me, Miss Claire Redfield. Much appreciated. I'll be sure to repay you in kind if you run into any problems on this forum. See you out there. cheers
Thank you Pau, sure thing. I just hate people who used the internet world to make them look smart, and cool but actually they don't and the truth is, they didn't have the balls to do so.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 2:53 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
What the hell lol:lol!: silent 
He said he had giant pens, but I'll bet none are as big as that one. lol! 
Back to top Go down
Aegis
Zombie
Zombie
Aegis

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 2:55 pm

I also hav huge balss
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 2:58 pm

Seriously, stop being a profane little douche now.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 3:05 pm

What on earth you have huge pens, and huge balls Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 Gigantic-inflatable-soccer-ball
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 3:05 am

I'd like to add to the topic of zombies by saying that there are also those "hyper zombies" that are inexplicably faster and/or stronger than regular zombies. For example, Brad in RE2 and a lot of the zombies in Dead Aim, mostly the burning ones.

Then there are the V-Acts, or Crimson Heads, that may further evolve into Lickers if given enough time.

Oh, and Bloodshots. Don't forget about those.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 4:16 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I'd like to add to the topic of zombies by saying that there are also those "hyper zombies" that are inexplicably faster and/or stronger than regular zombies. For example, Brad in RE2 and a lot of the zombies in Dead Aim, mostly the burning ones.

Then there are the V-Acts, or Crimson Heads, that may further evolve into Lickers if given enough time.

Oh, and Bloodshots. Don't forget about those.
Random chances of Hyper Zombies in RE3 merc's.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 12:15 pm

El Gigante has an interesting AI pattern that I haven't noticed in any other enemy. When he walks up to the player character, there is a moment when his jaw drops open and there is a look of fear in his eyes. Question 

Am I misreading his expression?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 12:41 pm

His expression always looked more confused to me. Like "What the hell is going on? Oh look, a bug, squish it! Squish it!"
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 9:32 pm

Vandal wrote:
His expression always looked more confused to me. Like "What the hell is going on? Oh look, a bug, squish it! Squish it!"
I just noticed most of his posts are quite nonsense for me. But also some of his posts are yet funny, and entertaining. I don't mind if his still around, as long as he's doing nothing.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 2:14 am

Well, that certainly was a random thing to say.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 4:38 am

Vandal wrote:
I just noticed most of his posts are quite nonsense for me. But also some of his posts are yet funny, and entertaining. I don't mind if his still around, as long as he's doing nothing.
What's your perception of El Gigante's facial expressions when he comes close to the player character Miss Redfield?

By the way the one I've mentioned is contrasted by another, in which El Gigante stops, shakes his head, his expression hostile and lets out a snarl when Leon or Ada come close to him. This is more typical of a creature driven by a primitive force.

Yes, Vandal, confusion would seem to be one possible way to interpret his expression. why, then, would the developers put hostility and confusion together in the case of this titan entity?
Back to top Go down
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

Playstation Network IceFireWarden
Steam : IceFireWarden

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 10:25 am

Aegis wrote:
I also hav huge balss
Are they blue?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AWeDontCareProduct/featured
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 12:16 pm

Pau Diaz wrote:
Vandal wrote:
What's your perception of El Gigante's facial expressions when he comes close to the player character Miss Redfield?

By the way the one I've mentioned is contrasted by another, in which El Gigante stops, shakes his head, his expression hostile and lets out a snarl when Leon or Ada come close to him. This is more typical of a creature driven by a primitive force.

Yes, Vandal, confusion would seem to be one possible way to interpret his expression. why, then, would the developers put hostility and confusion together in the case of this titan entity?
El Gigante's facial expression? Well, I can't say exactly but the one I noticed is he shakes his head just like you said. Well, maybe yes he is confused a little.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 12:47 pm

Pau Diaz wrote:
Vandal wrote:

El Gigante's facial expression? Well, I can't say exactly but the one I noticed is he shakes his head just like you said. Well, maybe yes he is confused a little.
Confused because he doesn't understand why the others around him are so much smaller, would you say? Also I noticed that El Gigante doesn't stand at full height. He has a very stooped posture, which reduces his height somewhat. You can see how tall he really is when he rips a tree out of the ground, or when he swings his arms back to execute the overhead blow.

Does he carry so much weight that he can't stand to full height without using his arms to straighten up, or is this a deliberate part of the enemy program, designed to make him more able to attack much smaller targets?
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 6:23 pm

Pau Diaz wrote:
Pau Diaz wrote:
Vandal wrote:

Confused because he doesn't understand why the others around him are so much smaller, would you say? Also I noticed that El Gigante doesn't stand at full height. He has a very stooped posture, which reduces his height somewhat. You can see how tall he really is when he rips a tree out of the ground, or when he swings his arms back to execute the overhead blow.

Does he carry so much weight that he can't stand to full height without using his arms to straighten up, or is this a deliberate part of the enemy program, designed to make him more able to attack much smaller targets?
When I got confused by the topics of the thread I prefer to read, understand, and ask questions.Instead of posting, and I wouldn't want to interfere either. I am not saying what he's doing is wrong. I just advice that if he really got nothing to say, he should not be posting that kind of expression. Cause it was like he is trying to increase his posts count. Well, if that's not his reason then what would it be? It's crystal clear. But I guess I am not in the right place to say this. I am not an admin. I am not trying to be bossy. I just say what I'm seeing. Please don't think that I am judging him. But hey, he is more fine, and okay than the 'others'. (I'm not mentioning any names.) and about El Gigante his arms are bigger, and longer so I guess that's the reason why he had a bad posture. Was he blind? Just asking.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 3:03 am

When I got confused by the topics of the thread I prefer to read, understand, and ask questions.Instead of posting, and I wouldn't want to interfere either. I am not saying what he's doing is wrong. I just advice that if he really got nothing to say, he should not be posting that kind of expression. Cause it was like he is trying to increase his posts count. Well, if that's not his reason then what would it be? It's crystal clear. But I guess I am not in the right place to say this. I am not an admin. I am not trying to be bossy. I just say what I'm seeing. Please don't think that I am judging him. But hey, he is more fine, and okay than the 'others'. (I'm not mentioning any names.)
I have no idea what you mean. I could hardly say that making a couple of threads and never appearing outside of them is "trying to increase post count". That obviously isn't the case here.

Was he blind? Just asking.
El Gigante? He wasn't.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:42 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I have no idea what you mean. I could hardly say that making a couple of threads and never appearing outside of them is "trying to increase post count". That obviously isn't the case here.
Mass that's not what I meant. I was referring to
PWNERX, and his posts. But nevermind. I am sorry if that's came out as bad : /
Mass Distuction wrote:
El Gigante? He wasn't.
Well, okay. Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 11:06 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mass that's not what I meant. I was referring to
PWNERX, and his posts. But nevermind. I am sorry if that's came out as  bad : /
Ah, then I do have to agree. I thought you were talking about the new guy because, well, you replied to him and I didn't even see PWNER's comments anywhere in sight.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 5:43 am

Some gamers and reviews have voiced the opinion that the AI in RE 5 is not as good as the previous games. Is there any truth to this?
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 7:21 am

Pau Diaz wrote:
Some gamers and reviews have voiced the opinion that the AI in RE 5 is not as good as the previous games. Is there any truth to this?
Hmmm, I do not believe that. Well yeah, some other people say it is bad. But for me, it wasn't at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Enemy AI patterns
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next