Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Enemy AI patterns EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Enemy AI patterns EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Enemy AI patterns EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Enemy AI patterns EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Enemy AI patterns EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Enemy AI patterns EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Enemy AI patterns EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Enemy AI patterns EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Enemy AI patterns EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Enemy AI patterns

Go down 
+6
Ghost Leader
Aegis
37 Narwhals
PWNERX
Mass Distraction
Pau Diaz
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

Enemy AI patterns Empty
PostSubject: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 2:48 pm

I would like to discuss the various behavior patterns in the RE games. They are all very interesting and I want to write by own stories about this genre. One of the ways I hope to accomplish this is to understand the mechanics of the enemies.

Let's begin with Code: Veronica

In Code: Veronica, Tyrant A walks steadily towards Claire. It doesn't perform the dashing attack its second form does and falls to one knee after sustaining a certain amount of damage for a brief period before rising to advance on her again.

Now, Tyrant B performs the dash attack when Claire attempts to run past one of its sides, be it left or right.When he sustains a large amount of damage, he starts bleeding profusely from a wound and staggers after Claire, not as before, when he would take a few grenade rounds and then fall to one knee.

Please enlighten me as to why the Tyrant behaves in these ways.

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Enemy AI patterns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 3:15 am

Because they are programmed to do so?

Kidding, I'm sure someone will have a better answer Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

Enemy AI patterns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 3:39 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

Heavily wounded Tyrant does Heavily wounded things...
oh, and RE3 Hunter Omega's about 7 paces away will only hit you about 1/3 of the time if you hit them with 1 9mm round, aim downwards, and fire away once it misses.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Enemy AI patterns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 4:47 am

...There is no Omega line of hunters.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

Enemy AI patterns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 5:33 am

PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

oh, and RE3 Hunter Omega's about 7 paces away will only hit you about 1/3 of the time if you hit them with 1 9mm round, aim downwards, and fire away once it misses.
Hmm, yes, you're referring to the blind frog like Hunters. I've noticed this when I fought them myself.

Now, Birkin in RE2, his first three forms don't chase after the player characters. Why not? Why did the developers feel that the walking animation suited them better?

Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Enemy AI patterns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 6:29 am

Pau Diaz wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Hmm, yes, you're referring to the blind frog like Hunters. I've noticed this when I fought them myself.

Now, Birkin in RE2, his first three forms don't chase after the player characters. Why not? Why did the developers feel that the walking animation suited them better?  

Actually, I was talking about the Hunter Beta, but Omega's work the same as well. Oh, and Nemesis has limited ammo, is left handed, and dogs are usually very stupid.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

Enemy AI patterns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 7:15 am

PWNERX wrote:
Pau Diaz wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Actually, I was talking about the Hunter Beta, but Omega's work the same as well. Oh, and Nemesis has limited ammo, is left handed, and dogs are usually very stupid.
Well observed. Many of the entities use both hands, but some, like Nemesis and Mr. X in his second form in RE2 use only their left hands. Could you please answer the question I put about Birkin? Something similar applies to Mr. X first form. He walks after the player characters at a fast walk, which then slows down to a pacing gait when he comes in close range.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Enemy AI patterns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 8:04 am

For the love of... There is no Hunter Omega in the games. RE3 only has Gamma and Beta.

The only other hunters with a Greek alphabet in their name are Alpha and Delta.

Btw. What do you mean "chase after"? Could you specify that? Because I do think all of his forms come after the player, even though his primary objective for the most part is Sherry. If anything, his primal instincts took more and more over after every mutation.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

Enemy AI patterns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 11:28 am

PWNERX wrote:
It's also worth noting that all tyrants are left handed, except for the one in RE0.

Pau Diaz wrote:

Because Birkin would be way too difficult if he sprinted after you?

Dogs won't attack you if you walk, unless you get too close.

Lickers are blind, so they won't attack you unless you make noise. If you move, they'll go into an attack stance. Move again and they'll attack, stay still for a few seconds and they'll go back to normal.

Both of these apply to the old games, I think they attack you no matter what in the new ones.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

Enemy AI patterns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 11:46 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
For the love of... There is no Hunter Omega in the games. RE3 only has Gamma and Beta.

The only other hunters with a Greek alphabet in their name are Alpha and Delta.

Btw. What do you mean "chase after"? Could you specify that? Because I do think all of his forms come after the player, even though his primary objective for the most part is Sherry. If anything, his primal instincts took more and more over after every mutation.
Excuse me, I meant to say 'run after'. Narwhals raises an interesting point. It´s worth noting that in Dark Chronicles and Operation Raccoon City, both Birkin and Mr. X have running attacks. Why implement such ideas for the two of them in these games?
Back to top Go down
Aegis
Zombie
Zombie
Aegis

Enemy AI patterns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 12:07 pm

we are not the developers. Use ur own brain and think about ur questions
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

Enemy AI patterns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 1:54 pm

Aegis wrote:
True, but there is no need to be rude about this matter. I don't know you and I would never presume to tell someone I don't know from Adam what to do. Please, show me a little mutual courtesy.

Can we please resume the discussion?
Back to top Go down
Aegis
Zombie
Zombie
Aegis

Enemy AI patterns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 4:10 pm

rude? r u sensitive? i dun get y u are even askin these questions. da monsters do things cuz they r programed dat way. da way they behave durin gamplay has no bearin on how they realy beghave
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Enemy AI patterns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 5:02 pm

Your post did come off as sounding a bit rude, Aegis.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Enemy AI patterns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 3:10 am

Pau Diaz wrote:
It´s worth noting that in Dark Chronicles and Operation Raccoon City, both Birkin and Mr. X have running attacks. Why implement such ideas for the two of them in these games?
To make them more challenging because of the gameplay change. Faster enemies for a more fast paced game.

Conversely, Nemesis doesn't run after you in ORC while he does in RE3. Then again, it may be because of the programming. And this time I mean Nemesis' in-game programming, not the actual programming the programmers of the game have done. I hope you get my point. I would like to note, though, that I haven't played the Spec-Ops side of the story yet so I don't know how Nemesis acts there.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

Enemy AI patterns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 6:59 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Pau Diaz wrote:
It´s worth noting that in Dark Chronicles and Operation Raccoon City, both Birkin and Mr. X have running attacks. Why implement such ideas for the two of them in these games?
To make them more challenging because of the gameplay change. Faster enemies for a more fast paced game.

Conversely, Nemesis doesn't run after you in ORC while he does in RE3. Then again, it may be because of the programming. And this time I mean Nemesis' in-game programming, not the actual programming the programmers of the game have done. I hope you get my point. I would like to note, though, that I haven't played the Spec-Ops side of the story yet so I don't know how Nemesis acts there.
Yes, I catch your drift. I would say that because Nemesis is armed with a rocket launcher and appears to have a bullet resistant coat, running after the player would present a severe difficulty to overcome. At a distance, the players can avoid his rockets and use cover to shoot at him, but if he closed the distance rapidly, I'm sure it could cause a few headaches.

I haven't seen him in the Spec-Ops side story either, but I'll check it out and let you know.
Back to top Go down
Aegis
Zombie
Zombie
Aegis

Enemy AI patterns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 7:07 am

u r so rude ghost
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

Enemy AI patterns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 12:55 pm

Aegis wrote:
Instead of telling us that we're not the developers, and how you tell Paul Diaz to use his own brain. Why don't you apply that to yourself? Think before posting.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Aegis
Zombie
Zombie
Aegis

Enemy AI patterns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 1:04 pm

I luv miss claire redfield
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Enemy AI patterns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 1:17 pm

Aegis wrote:
u r so rude ghost
You're a pissy little punk kid. We all have our problems.
Back to top Go down
Aegis
Zombie
Zombie
Aegis

Enemy AI patterns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 1:49 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Aegis wrote:
u r so rude ghost
at lest i got miss clarie.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Enemy AI patterns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 2:31 pm

Aegis wrote:
u r so rude ghost

Trolling to the next level.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Enemy AI patterns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 4:01 pm

Aegis wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Aegis wrote:
u r so rude ghost
at lest i got miss clarie.
Please, a woman like her needs a man like me, not some whiny little brat like you. Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Aegis
Zombie
Zombie
Aegis

Enemy AI patterns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 5:13 pm

i have huge pens
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

Enemy AI patterns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 6:07 pm

Aegis wrote:
I luv miss claire redfield
I bet you are just trolling around like PWNERX said and you should stop that before something bad happens, and Ghost thank you for backing me up. Well, you know what Aegis we really don't care if you have that huge pens, we're not interested though.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Enemy AI patterns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemy AI patterns   Enemy AI patterns Empty

Back to top Go down

Enemy AI patterns
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next