Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
If RE gets a reboot? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
If RE gets a reboot? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
If RE gets a reboot? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
If RE gets a reboot? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
If RE gets a reboot? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
If RE gets a reboot? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
If RE gets a reboot? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
If RE gets a reboot? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
If RE gets a reboot? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

If RE gets a reboot?

Go down 
+7
PWNERX
Vandal
Known_Hero
Mass Distraction
Nobudy
Industrial Ridden
Paperface*
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Paperface*
Zombie
Zombie
Paperface*

If RE gets a reboot? Empty
PostSubject: If RE gets a reboot?   If RE gets a reboot? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 1:12 am

If RE gets a reboot(overall including story) Could RE:2 And RE:3 be made as one? Since recently capcom has been making this "4campaign" kind of style. IF ever they reboot RE. Do you think they'll make RE 2 & 3 in one game? Maybe some parts where they intersect too? Would people like that?

Last edited by Paperface* on Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: If RE gets a reboot?   If RE gets a reboot? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 1:17 am

I don't really like the idea of a reboot, the series is fine as it is. I do want remakes for some of the games with RE6 graphics and gameplay. (Not the action part, but the movement, controls, inventory system, etc.)
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: If RE gets a reboot?   If RE gets a reboot? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 1:23 am

Agreed. Imagine playing RE1 with re6 controls except for free melee? No damage runs will be so much easier. If they do intend on REmaking 2 and 3, they might put it on one disc for Japan, and a digital download for the U.S and call it the "Raccoon City REvise" or something. I'm terrible at names.
Back to top Go down
Paperface*
Zombie
Zombie
Paperface*

PostSubject: Re: If RE gets a reboot?   If RE gets a reboot? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 2:33 am

I'm not really a patient person xD So i'm not that fond of the idea of rebooting the series. I would like it if the story continues. Though if they are planning on rebooting the series. Maybe change up some parts in the story? I would love for RE2 & 3 to be made as one. With some more main characters interacting/intersecting for deeper character development in the future games.

If RE gets a reboot? 2woezw6_zpsc3f3afcf

Last edited by Paperface* on Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: If RE gets a reboot?   If RE gets a reboot? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 4:22 am

This has been discussed in the thread about whether we would like to have a reboot or not but they most likely wouldn't repeat the story if the series was rebooted. At least I hope they wouldn't, because I've seen enough of Raccoon City being revisited. Just look at all the other reboots game series have gotten as of late. The first reboot would NOT be a repeat of the original games with new twists but a completely new game with possibly the same characters but redesigned. Personally I'd like them to continue the series for a little while before rebooting and at least try to tie up some loose ends.

As for RE2/3, I would prefer them as a remake. I know I said I've had enough of Raccoon revisits but that would be the only thing I'd actually like to see, from official releases anyway. They could definitely tie the two together in a remake to save themselves from fans instantly craving for a remake of RE3.

As far as gameplay goes, I don't care what style they used for a possible reboot but I sure as hell would prefer them to do a remake of RE2/3 like they did with the first game. Don't make them into action shooters. We already have ORC for that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Paperface*
Zombie
Zombie
Paperface*

PostSubject: Re: If RE gets a reboot?   If RE gets a reboot? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 5:18 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
This has been discussed in the thread about whether we would like to have a reboot or not but they most likely wouldn't repeat the story if the series was rebooted. At least I hope they wouldn't, because I've seen enough of Raccoon City being revisited. Just look at all the other reboots game series have gotten as of late. The first reboot would NOT be a repeat of the original games with new twists but a completely new game with possibly the same characters but redesigned.Personally I'd like them to continue the series for a little while before rebooting and at least try to tie up some loose ends.

As for RE2/3, I would prefer them as a remake. I know I said I've had enough of Raccoon revisits but that would be the only thing I'd actually like to see, from official releases anyway. They could definitely tie the two together in a remake to save themselves from fans instantly craving for a remake of RE3.

As far as gameplay goes, I don't care what style they used for a possible reboot but I sure as hell would prefer them to do a remake of RE2/3 like they did with the first game. Don't make them into action shooters. We already have ORC for that.

Oh really? I didn't know that about games that have been rebooted.(well because i'm not really updated in the gaming industry. I just like to play xD) But honestly, I like the "new" everything but same characters idea! That got me excited!

If RE gets a reboot? Blair-waldorf-gg-gossip-girl-leighton-meester-xoxo-gossip-girl-Favimcom-375128_large_zps4806ba4a

I'm still not in favor of rebooting the series. But IF they do, I really hope they'd do that. That'll be less heart aching for me Wink

Mass Distraction wrote:
Personally I'd like them to continue the series for a little while before rebooting and at least try to tie up some loose ends.

They could definitely tie the two together in a remake to save themselves from fans instantly craving for a remake of RE3.

Agree!
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: If RE gets a reboot?   If RE gets a reboot? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 7:11 am

Paperface* wrote:
If RE gets a reboot(overall including story) Could RE:2 And RE:3 be made as one? Since recently capcom has been making this "4campaign" kind of style. IF ever they reboot RE. Do you think they'll make RE 2 & 3 in one game? Maybe some parts where they intersect too? Would people like that?

Rebooted RE1 should also be broken up into 4 campaigns: Chris, Jill, Barry/Rebecca and Wesker. That would be awesome!

That's a great idea.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: If RE gets a reboot?   If RE gets a reboot? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 7:21 am

Paperface, what the hell is up with all those stupid gifs of girls?

It would be cool if they just merged Re2 & Re3 together and if they merge Re1 & Re 0.
Back to top Go down
Paperface*
Zombie
Zombie
Paperface*

PostSubject: Re: If RE gets a reboot?   If RE gets a reboot? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 7:41 am

Vandal wrote:

It would be cool if they just merged Re2 & Re3 together and if they merge Re1 & Re 0.

Stupid gifs of girls? First of all she's Leighton Meester a.k.a Blair Waldorf from gossip girl. Which means i've been using the same girl over and over again. It's not my fault your visions bad. Each to their own dear.

If RE gets a reboot? BW-blair-waldorf-28925582-500-220_zpsb0768f59

That aside, would you like to have some parts of the story changed? Like for ex Carlos story intersecting with some character from RE2? Or would you still like it to be the same as it is. Except that of course both stories are in one game.

Also, the only stupid thing i see here. Is you hideous avatar.

If RE gets a reboot? Blair-deal-with-it-o_zps9160ad52
Kidding! Peace
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: If RE gets a reboot?   If RE gets a reboot? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 7:58 am

Paperface* wrote:
Vandal wrote:

Stupid gifs of girls? First of all she's Leighton Meester a.k.a Blair Waldorf from gossip girl. Which means i've been using the same girl over and over again. It's not my fault your visions bad. Each to their own dear.
You didn't really answer my question. I never asked who that is, and I frankly don't care. Not even a little. Why are you constantly including gifs of girls in your posts? It's annoying.

Paperface* wrote:

That aside, would you like to have some parts of the story changed? Like for ex Carlos story intersecting with some character from RE2? Or would you still like it to be the same as it is. Except that of course both stories are in one game.
If they could improve the dialog so it's not so anime, I won't mind what they do with the story. I never played Resident Evil because of the "captivating epic storytelling" that Capcom is known for, I play it for the experience.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Paperface*
Zombie
Zombie
Paperface*

PostSubject: Re: If RE gets a reboot?   If RE gets a reboot? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:20 am

Vandal wrote:
Paperface* wrote:
Vandal wrote:

You didn't really answer my question. I never asked who that is, and I frankly don't care. Not even a little. Why are you constantly including gifs of girls in your posts? It's annoying.

Paperface* wrote:

If they could improve the dialog so it's not so anime, I won't mind what they do with the story. I never played Resident Evil because of the "captivating epic storytelling" that Capcom is known for, I play it for the experience.

You keep saying "girls" when i'm clearly using the same person.
And to answer your question... Because i feel like it :)It's pretty much an emoticon to me. As i said earlier Each to their own.

If RE gets a reboot? Tumblr_inline_mqibuigveo1qz4rgp_zps6f7104ad

"I never played Resident Evil because of the "captivating epic storytelling" that Capcom is known for, I play it for the experience."
LOL!! I actually play it for the storyline more so than the experience, Though the experience is pretty enjoyable too. Also the dialog's aren't really a problem to me @.@ Maybe cause i'm filipino and i'm not  used to hearing english so the character's dialogs don't really matter to me. Or that i don't hear the flaws that you guys hear. If you know what i mean Wink
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: If RE gets a reboot?   If RE gets a reboot? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:24 am

No, please get rid of Carlos. I hated his cheesy Latin lover boy schtick and his Hispanic accent sounded like it was done by a white guy. I never liked him. 

Do Leon and Claire/Chris and Jill really need separate campaigns? They pretty much go on the same path with the same result. It would be better if they partnered up.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: If RE gets a reboot?   If RE gets a reboot? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:31 am

Paperface* wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Paperface* wrote:
Vandal wrote:

Paperface* wrote:

If they could improve the dialog so it's not so anime, I won't mind what they do with the story. I never played Resident Evil because of the "captivating epic storytelling" that Capcom is known for, I play it for the experience.

And to answer your question... Because i feel like it :)It's pretty much an emoticon to me. As i said earlier Each to their own.

"I never played Resident Evil because of the "captivating epic storytelling" that Capcom is known for, I play it for the experience."
LOL!! I actually play it for the storyline more so than the experience, Though the experience is pretty enjoyable too. Also the dialog's aren't really a problem to me @.@ Maybe cause i'm filipino and i'm not  used to hearing english so the character's dialogs don't really matter to me. Or that i don't hear the flaws that you guys hear. If you know what i mean Wink

She's a girl, isn't she? You're adding them to every post, aren't you? Girls. Also, they're not really emotecons as they are annoying. I can't see the girls in the gifs helping your posts. What's wrong with our emotes? There's a lot of them. Just use these instead of photobucketing ever freaking gif you can find. Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Cool Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Embarassed Razz Mad Rolling Eyes Laughing Twisted Evil Neutral silent tongue pale bounce rabbit Very Happy 

The stories suck in Resident Evil. It gets jumbled, mixed and mashed to the point where it just doesn't make any sense to travel the world just to find your brother when a simple email works. It worked with Leon. It seems as if the simpler the story the better. That's why I think Resident Evil 4 was probably the easiest to understand and follow. It was to the point.
Back to top Go down
Paperface*
Zombie
Zombie
Paperface*

PostSubject: Re: If RE gets a reboot?   If RE gets a reboot? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:51 am

Vandal wrote:
Paperface* wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Paperface* wrote:
Vandal wrote:

Paperface* wrote:

She's a girl, isn't she? You're adding them to every post, aren't you? Girls. Also, they're not really emotecons as they are annoying. I can't see the girls in the gifs helping your posts. What's wrong with our emotes? There's a lot of them. Just use these instead of photobucketing ever freaking gif you can find. Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Cool Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Embarassed Razz Mad Rolling Eyes Laughing Twisted Evil Neutral silent tongue pale bounce rabbit Very Happy 

The stories suck in Resident Evil. It gets jumbled, mixed and mashed to the point where it just doesn't make any sense to travel the world just to find your brother when a simple email works. It worked with Leon. It seems as if the simpler the story the better. That's why I think Resident Evil 4 was probably the easiest to understand and follow. It was to the point.

LOL! Is it really THAT annoying to you? Just try to ignore it if it's hurting your ego or something Very Happy
And yes, I've been including her into my posts, And will continue too. I like it!

If RE gets a reboot? Amazing-blair-waldorf-famous-girl-gossip-girl-Favimcom-240015_zpsc47bb59f

Hahaa! Never noticed the e-mail thing xDD Hmmm. I still like the story. Maybe we just have very, very opposite tastes?

EDIT: KNOWN_HERO I actually don't remember Carlos that much xD So i wouldn't care if he's not in the game.

Last edited by Paperface* on Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: If RE gets a reboot?   If RE gets a reboot? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:59 am

Paperface* wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Paperface* wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Paperface* wrote:
Vandal wrote:

Paperface* wrote:

LOL! Is it really THAT annoying to you? Just try to ignore it if it's hurting your ego or something Very Happy
And yes, I've been including her into my posts, And will continue too. I like it!

Hahaa! Never noticed the e-mail thing xDD Hmmm. I still like the story. Maybe we just have very, very opposite tastes?
It slows down my computer, especially if you have like 8 of those on one page including your signatures. I'm using my phone.

No the email thing in Code Veronica is plain simple freaking common sense. That's stupid either way you look at it.
Back to top Go down
Paperface*
Zombie
Zombie
Paperface*

PostSubject: Re: If RE gets a reboot?   If RE gets a reboot? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:11 am

Vandal wrote:
Paperface* wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Paperface* wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Paperface* wrote:
Vandal wrote:

Paperface* wrote:

It slows down my computer, especially if you have like 8 of those on one page including your signatures. I'm using my phone.

No the email thing in Code Veronica is plain simple freaking common sense. That's stupid either way you look at it.

Yes! I just realized how stupid the e-mail thing was. :lol!:Who knows, Maybe there's a good explanation as to why? 
But nevertheless It doesn't affect the story much for me. I repeat, For me.

Ok, ok! I'll try to tone it down. Sorry dear sir/mam if i have annoyed you Smile
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: If RE gets a reboot?   If RE gets a reboot? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:37 am

I can't remember anything with emails except a single, early cutscene,
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: If RE gets a reboot?   If RE gets a reboot? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:30 am

At this day and age, I'm hoping the characters do use E-mails more rather than The Pony Express.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: If RE gets a reboot?   If RE gets a reboot? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:35 am

Nobudy wrote:
At this day and age, I'm hoping the characters do use E-mails more rather than The Pony Express.
So why wouldn't Claire think of emailing her brother? Unless she didn't have his email, which begs the question: why does Leon have it and Claire doesn't?
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: If RE gets a reboot?   If RE gets a reboot? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:39 am

Vandal wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
So why wouldn't Claire think of emailing her brother? Unless she didn't have his email, which begs the question: why does Leon have it and Claire doesn't?
I'm sure we'll get a "He works for the government" response, but it's still pretty weird.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: If RE gets a reboot?   If RE gets a reboot? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:47 am

Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
I'm sure we'll get a "He works for the government" response, but it's still pretty weird.
Capcom's writing teams are all pretty crap.. except for Revelations, the story--confusing as it was--was actually pretty good. But five people worked on Code Veronica's story.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: If RE gets a reboot?   If RE gets a reboot? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 12:57 pm

Vandal wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

Eh, maybe she forgot it,she just want to update, and inform Leon about it. So, that's why she e-mailed Leon first and not directly to Chris. This is a dumb excuse, why am I saying this. But it does make sense, Vandal.

Last edited by Miss Claire Redfield on Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: If RE gets a reboot?   If RE gets a reboot? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 1:05 pm

Vandal wrote:

Capcom's writing teams are all pretty crap.. except for Revelations, the story--confusing as it was--was actually pretty good. But five people worked on Code Veronica's story.

I wholeheartedly agree. Most of the writers from Capcom were very bad, and I dare say that Kawamura was the best RE writer to date (he wrote Nemesis and RE3.5, which, if you ask me, was very haunting story-wise, at least judging by the ideas we know of). I don't find Mikami bad, I just think that Kawamura is better.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: If RE gets a reboot?   If RE gets a reboot? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 1:17 pm

Shrike wrote:
Vandal wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree. Most of the writers from Capcom were very bad, and I dare say that Kawamura was the best RE writer to date (he wrote Nemesis and RE3.5, which, if you ask me, was very haunting story-wise, at least judging by the ideas we know of). I don't find Mikami bad, I just think that Kawamura is better.
I think Mikami only co-wrote Resident Evil 4, he didn't really have a hand in the writing process. He was just the overseer.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: If RE gets a reboot?   If RE gets a reboot? EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 2:46 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
It's possible Chris doesn't have an email. Remember, this was back in 98 and the number of households with Internet connections were much lower than they are today.

Besides, Nobudy, you should know that BIG BROTHER IZ WATCHING US!!! Razz 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If RE gets a reboot?   If RE gets a reboot? Empty

Back to top Go down

If RE gets a reboot?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next