Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Dissapointing reboot? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Dissapointing reboot? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Dissapointing reboot? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Dissapointing reboot? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Dissapointing reboot? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Dissapointing reboot? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Dissapointing reboot? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Dissapointing reboot? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Dissapointing reboot? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Dissapointing reboot?

Go down 
+8
Spike991
Bub537
Mass Distraction
weskersbarber
Trichos
ChickenHeart
AutoMADic
Jamesy
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Dissapointing reboot? Empty
PostSubject: Dissapointing reboot?   Dissapointing reboot? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 9:48 am

My brother and me were talking about RE6 yesterday and he said "Its going too be terrible and capcom should have sticked too the old creepy formula". my brother also made the point that its like all other x box games like having chris all bulked up etc...

Do you think he makes a good point about RE6? when first seeing the RE6 trailer i was happy but at the same time dissapointed so kinda mixed feelings about the new game... my bro also pointed out how much older leon kennedy looks lol.

i agree with my brother as well that RE4 was the only good resident evil action game and since then its not been very good. what capcom don't realise is that if they returned too the old school style resident evil that initself would be a rebbot since we have not seen a new re game with that style in such a long time (and no lost in nightmares does not count). and maybe then in RE7 have more action packed re game. it would be refreshing too see the old mansion theme back again but sigh it seems capcom just do not know what the fans want Evil or Very Mad

oh yeah and my brother also mentioned how "bad the storyline was"
Back to top Go down
AutoMADic
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointing reboot?   Dissapointing reboot? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:02 am

Jamesy wrote:
My brother and me were talking about RE6 yesterday and he said "Its going too be terrible and capcom should have sticked too the old creepy formula". my brother also made the point that its like all other x box games like having chris all bulked up etc...

Do you think he makes a good point about RE6? when first seeing the RE6 trailer i was happy but at the same time dissapointed so kinda mixed feelings about the new game... my bro also pointed out how much older leon kennedy looks lol.

i agree with my brother as well that RE4 was the only good resident evil action game and since then its not been very good. what capcom don't realise is that if they returned too the old school style resident evil that initself would be a rebbot since we have not seen a new re game with that style in such a long time (and no lost in nightmares does not count). and maybe then in RE7 have more action packed re game. it would be refreshing too see the old mansion theme back again but sigh it seems capcom just do not know what the fans want Evil or Very Mad

its not technically a "reboot" since RE6 is another entry in the original storyline/canon...

w
Back to top Go down
AutoMADic
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointing reboot?   Dissapointing reboot? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:05 am

AutoMADic wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

its not technically a "reboot" since RE6 is another entry in the original storyline/canon...

what im saying is.. a reboot usually creates a new canon/storyline.... RE6 is still in the same storyline as RE1, RE2, RE3, RE4, RE5 and other canon games
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointing reboot?   Dissapointing reboot? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:13 am

As others said this is not the reboot Capcom talked about. Although I do enjoy the older games more I really don't agree with the statement "Capcom doesn't know what the fans want". There are plenty of people really excited about this game and the hype is probably only going to grow. RE5(as much as some of us would like to admit) is the best selling game in the franchise and got good reviews from critics. Ofcourse they're going to keep this style going.
Back to top Go down
AutoMADic
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointing reboot?   Dissapointing reboot? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:19 am

ChickenHeart wrote:
As others said this is not the reboot Capcom talked about. Although I do enjoy the older games more I really don't agree with the statement "Capcom doesn't know what the fans want". There are plenty of people really excited about this game and the hype is probably only going to grow. RE5(as much as some of us would like to admit) is the best selling game in the franchise and got good reviews from critics. Ofcourse they're going to keep this style going.

that's exactly what there doing....... the 3 main characters, we play as

Leon, Chris and the new guy... all have 3 different distinictive gameplays to cater to everyone basically

Leon gameplay seem your traditional Resident evil, surival horror RE4.. for the traditional fans

Chris gameplay seems your run-and gun over the top action, for RE5 fans

and the new guy, could be a mix of both, or for the people that always wanted to play as wesker with his abilities...

capcom is pretty smart
Back to top Go down
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointing reboot?   Dissapointing reboot? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:25 am

AutoMADic wrote:
Leon gameplay seem your traditional Resident evil, surival horror RE4... for the traditional fans

Did you just honestly juxtapose RE4 against RE5 in terms of traditional gameplay? I beg your pardon, but when I'm thinking of traditional Resident Evil and survival horror, RE4 is certainly not what's popping up in my head.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointing reboot?   Dissapointing reboot? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 1:26 pm

Apparently the game will have survival horror for Leons part, and action for Chris part so we get the best of both worlds Jamesy.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointing reboot?   Dissapointing reboot? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 2:37 pm

it does look like a very good game dosen't it weskerbaber? the graphics are out of this world.

i guess i will have too purchase silent hill 8 this march if really want too experience classic old school horror.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointing reboot?   Dissapointing reboot? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 2:50 pm

Capcom has indeed catered to everyone's liking on this one, ORC and Revelations. Seems like they know exactly what they're doing.

Jamesy wrote:
How can anyone base something like that on only one trailer is beyond me.

And yes, it's not a reboot.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointing reboot?   Dissapointing reboot? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 3:00 pm

Jamesy wrote:
i guess i will have too purchase silent hill 8 this march if really want too experience classic old school horror.
Mass Distraction wrote:
How can anyone base something like that on only one trailer is beyond me.
Ditto. I won't lose hope and bitch around until I've actually played RE6, or at least got more evidence on the gameplay.

Also, sadly, Silent Hill isn't really an alternative that I'm passionate about. RE is appealing to me because it is/was scientific horror, the zombies aren't corpses resurrected by a devilish power, they were results of viral experimentation. The reduction to basic insticts was thus (while certainly fictitious) always realistic, and the BOWs and mutations (within limits) believable.
I liked that RE was never supernatural (another reason why those ludicrous Matrix abilities turned me off).
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointing reboot?   Dissapointing reboot? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 3:40 pm

Jamesy wrote:
it does look like a very good game dosen't it weskerbaber? the graphics are out of this world.

Yeah it looks amazin. Will you be gettin this on release date Jamesy?
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointing reboot?   Dissapointing reboot? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 8:05 am

defenintly weskerbarber.

i am looking forwared too play RE7 in 2015 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointing reboot?   Dissapointing reboot? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 2:25 pm

I think a reboot would be a horrible idea for the RE franchise. No need to when they are obviously interested in progressing more of the story. Plus there is a still a lot of things that are unexplained.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointing reboot?   Dissapointing reboot? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:52 pm

Jamesy wrote:
i am looking forwared too play RE7 in 2015 Very Happy

Don't talk all crazy like that ding bat.

@Mass, that's what I was thinking too. I mean no offense Jamesy, but is your bro dumb or are you just saying that for your own ideas.

"My friend has got a problem" type stuff.

Well....about the reboot, I think it'd be fine to do something like that. I mean we really have taken these characters as far as they can really go. They've seen it all.

Maybe after RE6. Maybe that's exactly what Capcom is thinking.

I'm still not opposed to them killing off a main character, that'd be interesting.

I was kinda up for that with RE5 before we found out she wasn't really dead, which happens often.

But imagine them killing off Chris or someone.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointing reboot?   Dissapointing reboot? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:25 pm

Trichos wrote:

I liked that RE was never supernatural (another reason why those ludicrous Matrix abilities turned me off).

Um...those Matrix moves were just as scientifically based as the zombies. I mean...how can you possibly complain about his moves when in the very first game a Tyrant jumps THROUGH a floor onto a helipad? Hell it jumped through a lot of floors as he was on the bottom and the helipad took a damn elevator to get to!
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointing reboot?   Dissapointing reboot? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:27 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Trichos wrote:

Um...those Matrix moves were just as scientifically based as the zombies. I mean...how can you possibly complain about his moves when in the very first game a Tyrant jumps THROUGH a floor onto a helipad? Hell it jumped through a lot of floors as he was on the bottom and the helipad took a damn elevator to get to!

Wait, it's never been confirmed that the T-002 jumped through however many floors like a beast.

More than likely it traveled through like a normal person to where it could reasonably burst through a single floor.

That said...it was fucking concrete or something....he should've been dead.

And those matrix moves were stupid.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointing reboot?   Dissapointing reboot? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 12:23 am

You can think they are stupid all you want, but it doesn't mean they are less realistic than anything else in the series.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Zombie
Zombie
Soul

Playstation Network ChristopherSoul

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointing reboot?   Dissapointing reboot? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 12:47 am

You know...I like Spike's idea of killing a main character, especially in game.
No, really; killing protagonists is the hip thing now. If Capcon killed Leon towards the end of the game, then switching over Chris or such, it'd be ballsy and it'd piss people off.
Also, in terms of the third character's gameplay? You see him running from the B.O.W.?
That seems clasdic RE, though he seems to clear through infected easily though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/Soulful_Chris
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointing reboot?   Dissapointing reboot? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 7:02 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Trichos wrote:

Um...those Matrix moves were just as scientifically based as the zombies. I mean...how can you possibly complain about his moves when in the very first game a Tyrant jumps THROUGH a floor onto a helipad? Hell, it jumped through a lot of floors as he was on the bottom and the helipad took a damn elevator to get to!
Of course it is just as fictional, and presumably it's just because the "breaking through walls" thing has been more exploited by Hollywood and thus been made more mainstream than Matrix movements, but a monster breaking through walls is still more believable to me than a person moving at the speed of sound.

Soul wrote:
If Capcon killed Leon towards the end of the game, then switching over Chris or such, it'd be ballsy and it'd piss people off.
Whereas the other way round I'd celebrate with a smug smile and a glass of Chateau de Redfield wine.
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointing reboot?   Dissapointing reboot? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 12:42 pm

Soul wrote:
You know...I like Spike's idea of killing a main character, especially in game.
No, really; killing protagonists is the hip thing now. If Capcon killed Leon towards the end of the game, then switching over Chris or such, it'd be ballsy and it'd piss people off.
Also, in terms of the third character's gameplay? You see him running from the B.O.W.?
That seems clasdic RE, though he seems to clear through infected easily though.

If they killed off a main character all they'd do is bring them back in some ridiculous way like they always do when a superhero is "killed off". It would cheapen the series even more.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointing reboot?   Dissapointing reboot? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:29 pm

AutoMADic wrote:

Leon gameplay seem your traditional Resident evil, surival horror RE4.. for the traditional fans

I better hope I read that wrong.
You are not being serious are you ?
Leon is not for your traditional fans (also if you are going to label him as traditional fan favourite at least connect him with RE2 not 4 )
and this is coming from a seriously hardcore RE2 fan.
Chris is not run and gun type character and that't not how fans view him, are you forgetting about a certain RE game involving zombies ...... in a mansion ?
Resident evil 6 was never going to be a "reboot" as has been discussed before and is clearly stated by Capcom that the reboot they were meaning was to take
the gameplay style and mechanics in a new direction, rebooting the whole game BUT not changing the cannon or previous storyline.
I like the look of the trailer, it promises a new style of gaming in RE and just the way the whole environment looks reactive makes it feel more realistic.
By the looks of the trailer it also seems like this storyline is going to be deep and I cant wait to get playing.
It also looks and reminds me of Resident evil degeneration and Zombies are back ! cheers
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointing reboot?   Dissapointing reboot? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:12 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
You can think they are stupid all you want, but it doesn't mean they are less realistic than anything else in the series.

But that's exactly what it means.

@Soul, killing off a character is something that'd be hard to accept....and would really make you think, WTF.

I mean we have 4 main, main characters. Chris, Jill, Leon & Claire. Take your pic. We can just let them play sum russian roulette.

Or they could get a lovable supporting character to bite the dust. Barry, Becca...etc.

And since it's got 3 different stories going on, why not kill one of them off. 3's a crowd.

@Mcghie, kudos. I wanted to point something out like that too, but didn't feel up to it.

I think since RE5 and muscles, people tend to view Chris differently than they should. Maybe same with Leon.

I kinda miss when these guys, Jill & Claire included, were noobs and didn't do all kinds of ridiculous stuff. I hate like all of Jill's melee attacks in RE5. The stupid sommersault onto their shoulds and twisting their neck, then rolling off onto the ground. Yeah right.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointing reboot?   Dissapointing reboot? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:30 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I don't hate the Resident Evil movies for being unrealistic. I hate them because they're all a joke and Paul Anderson is a total douche, and some things just don't add up. Like in the second movie when zombies started rising from the graves? I thought it was an infection, how did it go 6 feet under and bring the dead to life like that?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointing reboot?   Dissapointing reboot? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:39 pm

Mercy wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
I don't hate the Resident Evil movies for being unrealistic. I hate them because they're all a joke and Paul Anderson is a total douche, and some things just don't add up. Like in the second movie when zombies started rising from the graves? I thought it was an infection, how did it go 6 feet under and bring the dead to life like that?

You know Mercy, I think he was saying that I can think the Matrix "moves", not "movies" were stupid.

But yeah, how the heck could they rise from the grave like that? BTW, what about at the beginning of CVX, they rose from the grave there too.

Oh, and did you ever make that sig? Smile
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointing reboot?   Dissapointing reboot? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:43 pm

Yeah I loved when they were just noobs.
That's the reason I hate Leon now, he used to be my favourite character but only the RPD rookie Leon.
Yeah jill's battle suit and moves reminded me of Nina Williams.

Dissapointing reboot? Battle10Dissapointing reboot? Nina_w10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointing reboot?   Dissapointing reboot? Empty

Back to top Go down

Dissapointing reboot?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next