Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Would You Support A RE1 Reboot?

Go down 
+4
Gimme Dopamine
TerraSavior
Ghost Leader
Mister Albert Wesker
8 posters
AuthorMessage
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? Empty
PostSubject: Would You Support A RE1 Reboot?   Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 11:32 am

An honest question. Would you support a REboot of RE1 in either first person or OTS?

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
Mister Albert Wesker
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Mister Albert Wesker

Playstation Network the-evilking
Steam : Hoxton47

PostSubject: Re: Would You Support A RE1 Reboot?   Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 11:48 am

Fuck no! Me personally, i've always hated reboots. Remasters are absolutely fine and so are remakes as long as they stay loyal to the original game, but reboots almost always just fuck things up and they just seem to lose the general atmosphere of the game they were trying to revive.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Would You Support A RE1 Reboot?   Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 12:40 pm

If they made it actual horror again, then yes.
Back to top Go down
TerraSavior
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Would You Support A RE1 Reboot?   Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 8:43 pm

To be honest, I wouldn't support a reboot. I just don't really see the point of it.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Would You Support A RE1 Reboot?   Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 9:27 pm

How does one even support a game before it is released? it'd require some nonsense like donations, and if that's the case, I don't think anyone would support any game outside of games on Kickstarter.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Gimme Dopamine
Cerberus
Cerberus
Gimme Dopamine

PostSubject: Re: Would You Support A RE1 Reboot?   Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 10:27 pm

I'd like them to release a new Resident Evil which has the same camera angle and mechanics as REmake, but in a new environment. FromSoftware realised their formula isn't broken, so they've simply refined it over the years - that has worked out fantastically.

I don't see why Capcom didn't do something like that (just refine their perfect formula). Then again, I still have to play the others, in the series, to find out.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Would You Support A RE1 Reboot?   Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 1:19 pm

To be honest I wouldn't be all that interested in yet another remake of the original. We've seen the (main series) events of 1998 revisited enough times already. I actually prefer playing the Director's Cut over the REmake anyway. As far as RE2 goes I would be totally okay if the remake had an option to have the classic angles or OTS camera as long as they managed to adjust the difficulty according to whichever you're using.

Also a strong "no" to a reboot. RE7 is "reboot" enough to me.

Ghost Leader wrote:

So you are just going to ignore RE7 being horror before it even releases?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Would You Support A RE1 Reboot?   Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 5:49 pm

I want to see the original vision for RE1 come full circle. I sincerely hope they do this.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Would You Support A RE1 Reboot?   Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 8:21 pm

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
I want to see the original vision for RE1 come full circle. I sincerely hope they do this.

The .5 series? That would be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Would You Support A RE1 Reboot?   Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 3:10 am

PWNERX wrote:

You know, as weird as it would be... That would actually be interesting. I mean, it's never gonna happen, but if you mean what I think you mean that could potentially be rather cool for long time fans. A reboot using the prototype versions of previous games, we'd already have stories for 5 whole games. 6 if they dug up Dash.
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Would You Support A RE1 Reboot?   Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 7:08 am

I'm just saying, imagine the original first person vision Capcom had. Maybe not the original characters they had... quite honestly they seem kind of lame compared to Chris,Jill,Rebecca,Barry,Wesker and hell even Forest but idk, i would give it a shot!

Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? First_person_RE
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Would You Support A RE1 Reboot?   Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 7:59 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

You know, as weird as it would be... That would actually be interesting. I mean, it's never gonna happen, but if you mean what I think you mean that could potentially be rather cool for long time fans. A reboot using the prototype versions of previous games, we'd already have stories for 5 whole games. 6 if they dug up Dash.

Exactly my point. Hell, weren't there prototype versions of the Outbreak games as well?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Would You Support A RE1 Reboot?   Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 12:03 pm

PWNERX wrote:
How does one even support a game before it is released? it'd require some nonsense like donations, and if that's the case, I don't think anyone would support any game outside of games on Kickstarter.
I think what he means is, if they announced they were going to reboot the series, would you be happy, sad, indifferent, or somewhere in between. Nothing to do with financial support or anything like that.

Mass Distraction wrote:
So you are just going to ignore RE7 being horror before it even releases?
Horror and the FPS genre have never melded well to me and likely never will.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Would You Support A RE1 Reboot?   Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 8:22 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
and if they were going to make it more like classic just like before more horror and ofcourse more improved graphics for me that is fine. I have nothing against it since Capcom will do anything whatever they want to do. It doesn't matter at all
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Would You Support A RE1 Reboot?   Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 5:09 am

PWNERX wrote:
Exactly my point. Hell, weren't there prototype versions of the Outbreak games as well?

All I know is that there was going to be a File#3 and that the games were originally just one title before it was split up.

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
I'm just saying, imagine the original first person vision Capcom had. Maybe not the original characters they had... quite honestly they seem kind of lame compared to Chris,Jill,Rebecca,Barry,Wesker and hell even Forest but idk, i would give it a shot!

You mean these guys? It would certainly be at least interesting to see Chris and Jill interact with these different characters.
Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? 594
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Would You Support A RE1 Reboot?   Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

All I know is that there was going to be a File#3 and that the games were originally just one title before it was split up.

EQOAnostalgia wrote:

You mean these guys? It would certainly be at least interesting to see Chris and Jill interact with these different characters.

This was the original cast. Well, I hope we get a chance to meet up with Dewey and Gelzer.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Would You Support A RE1 Reboot?   Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 3:51 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

EQOAnostalgia wrote:

Yeah if it happened to take place in an anime or something lol. I mean... you can tell they were going for a more animated approach at first with RE just based off of the artwork alone. I guess if you cut down on the massive super-roid Hulk character a bit it could be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Would You Support A RE1 Reboot?   Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 2:39 am

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
Yeah if it happened to take place in an anime or something lol. I mean... you can tell they were going for a more animated approach at first with RE just based off of the artwork alone. I guess if you cut down on the massive super-roid Hulk character a bit it could be interesting.

Well, yeah, of course the characters would have to be touched up a bit. Gelzer could work fine as just a really tall and buff dude, which in turn would make an interesting character to be the team's radio operative.

Then again, these characters already kinda exist as Dino Crisis' Gail and Rick.

RebelliousQueen wrote:
Well, I hope we get a chance to meet up with Dewey and Gelzer.

We've at least met Dewey's later namesake, Edward Razz
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Would You Support A RE1 Reboot?   Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 3:36 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Not to mention Regina being an expy of Jill.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Would You Support A RE1 Reboot?   Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 7:36 am

When I said RE.5, I didn't mean THAT far back...
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Would You Support A RE1 Reboot?   Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 11:42 am

PWNERX wrote:
When I said RE.5, I didn't mean THAT far back...
Too late, you've already opened the can of worms. Now you have to live with it.
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Would You Support A RE1 Reboot?   Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 7:26 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
EQOAnostalgia wrote:

Well, yeah, of course the characters would have to be touched up a bit. Gelzer could work fine as just a really tall and buff dude, which in turn would make an interesting character to be the team's radio operative.

RebelliousQueen wrote:
Well, I hope we get a chance to meet up with Dewey and Gelzer.

We've at least met Dewey's later namesake, Edward Razz

Interesting, never got into Dino Crisis.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Would You Support A RE1 Reboot?   Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 1:54 am

EQOAnostalgia wrote:

If you like the old style Resident Evil games I definitely recommend trying out the Dino Crisis series. You know, 1, 2 and Dino Stalker. 3 is where it got... Weird. So weird it killed what could've been a pretty sweet series running alongside Resident Evil.
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Would You Support A RE1 Reboot?   Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 9:15 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
EQOAnostalgia wrote:

If you like the old style Resident Evil games I definitely recommend trying out the Dino Crisis series. You know, 1, 2 and Dino Stalker. 3 is where it got... Weird. So weird it killed what could've been a pretty sweet series running alongside Resident Evil.

Iv'e played all three just never beat either one of them for one reason or another. Not sure if it was something else at the time that pulled my attention away or what. But i do know that 3 was absolute trash. I rented it years ago and all i remember was jetpacks and outerspace...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would You Support A RE1 Reboot?   Would You Support A RE1 Reboot? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would You Support A RE1 Reboot?
Page 1 of 1