HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Soul
Zombie
Zombie
Soul

Playstation Network ChristopherSoul

Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? Empty
PostSubject: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 2:02 am

I know there were threads backlogged discussing what "6" could be like, but from what we've heard from Takeuchi, the next "Main" game in the series is set to be a possible Reboot.

How does everyone feel about this? What would you want from it, etc?
We know, in a lot of ways Mikami "Revamped" the series with 4, but he didn't necessarily, REBOOT it.

As for a reboot? Well here are my ideas..
First of all, Capcom needs to ask or at least offer Mikami to have at least some input in the game, he is the father of the series and all..
But in terms of what I'd ant in the game? Well the biggest thing, and what everyone seems to want?

Zombies.
Yes yes, but we can't have the same slow-lumbering T-Virus Undead, we'd need a new breed and new virus to give us the the 28 Days Later/Left 4 Dead type infect ala Fast, Vicious and Relentless.
That's not necessarily saying I want them to be classified as "Infected", screw that; there can't just be "Fast" Zombies?
Of course there can! But moving on to my 2nd and only other real "Want" from the game.

It has to be scary, it has to be a Survival Horror game.
Now sure, we all love popping off headshots in RE4 and 5 and 2, 3 and Code Veronica had their share of action, but still.
To me, RE4 maintained being a Survival Horror, or at least a horror game.
I want the seclusion, overt atmosphere and vibe, I want to be scared.
RE4 had a lot of that in my opinion, but still had a overt amount of action, with the plentiful action.
5? *sigh* It's a damn 3rd Person Action game, it's fun and I love and enjoy it, especially for wrapping up FOR ME a lot of the main story of the series. But it lacked HORROR. It was intense, sure but not scary.
You had quite a few "OH CRAP" moments with Lickers, swarms of enemies, etc but it didn't scary me, it didn't make wish I had someone in the room watching me play or wait till it was completely bright outside to play. Very Happy

And I get that feeling from playing RE2 and 3, and heck of course 4 in quite a few parts (Regenerators, Reapers, etc).

Irony? Capcom knows, THEY KNOW we want a Survival Horror game.
How? I got the feeling, that creeping up my spine, while playing Lost in Nightmares, it was to me? Generally what a RE game show be. Creepy, Atmospheric, that "Oh CRAP I'm gonna die" feeling. The feeling of unknown around the corner.

That's all I've got for now, let me know your thoughts on a reboot, what you thought of my post, etc.
Peace. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/Soulful_Chris
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 3:16 pm

I don't think a complete reboot is necessary. I agree that RE5 was not survival horror at all. Well, it was survival, because if you didn't pwn majini, you didn't survive. But it wasn't horror. I'll give RE4 the fact that it had like at least 5 minutes worth of horror in the form of regenerators and iron maidens. But I loathe the game in almost every other aspect. To me, the only good points of the game were: Voice acting, exploding sunglasses, Wesker cameo, regenerators and iron maidens, and the fact that if you looked up Ashley's skirt she calls you a perv. What I want to see out of the next installment is for Sherry Birkin to either be the new villain out of rage for happened to her parents (and throughout some more installments, slowly turn to the good side), or be the protagonist (again, fueled by rage for what bioterrorism did to her parents.) I know it would work, you know it would work, they know it would work, Spike knows it would work, Twisted Evil <--He knows it would work, Charles Manson knows it would work. Jamesy is the only one who doesn't know it would work.

P.S. Pwn on Jamesy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 8:21 pm

Yeah, RE4 & RE5 weren't reboots, they were just continuations, like the other sequels.

If you pay attention to each game, RE4 really implements many elements, and you can see that Capcom didn't just pull it out of their ass. RE4 was definately survival/horror, and when I was playing the beginning just recently, I forgot how great it was.

I don't know if I want a reboot, as I found RE5's gameplay, the overall control scheme mixed with the plethora of melee possibilities to be nearly perfected.

Music wise, RE5 was definately amazing.

Anyway, if reboot means making it into something not RE, I am not exactly on board, but I will probably buy it anyway.

I have to say that RE's current story still has many loose ends. Of course Nite mentioned Sherry, and I still really want to see how that all goes down, especially since everyone including myself thought Sherry was the blonde lady in RE5(and it just seems like they changed it at the last minute as it seems stupid to just have some american woman in Africa just to get attacked...I don't understand the significance). Also, in case anyone hasn't played Lost In Nightmares, I am going to ruin one of the things you learn in there-in a file, it shows a listing of all of the Wesker Children, 001-013, of course the last one being Albert, but they also talk a bit about a guy named Alex, whom Spencer seems to have a relationship with, and he just dissapears. Alex happens to be 012 on the list, making him Alex Wesker, and he could certainly show up, not to mention the other characters like Nicholai who have yet to get an ending, or the other hero characters that haven't been seen from or heard of(including Barry & Rebecca who are just showing up in Mercs Reunion).

I would also really like for another Chronicles game, one that maybe goes over Survivor, Dead Aim, maybe some new stuff...as both of those games were really great, just being all remade and pretty would be plain epic.Smile Resident Evil: Survivor Chronicles, I can see it now.

Also, I have to agree with Soul about having Shinji Mikami contacted. Of course since he left RE has taken a turn for the worst. He was responsible for RE4, which was of course great(which is hard to say since most people have alot of anamosity towards it and newer games in the series(as a result of overpopularity(much like with characters like Leon & Wesker, but I digress))), but he was pissed that they ported it onto the PS2. Anyway since he left, certain characters voices have been destroyed and annihilated(Wesker, DC Douglas replacing Richard Waugh), and many other things that wouldn't have happened had he still been around, like all kinds of lazy things that are overlooked by the higher ups at Capcom currently(civillian Ada wearing all kinds of tactical gear, and her hair color not being the same in UC or Darkside).

I will say that Darkside was one of the best RE experiences I have had in a long time, the music, voices(minus DC Douglas and a couple of others), and the gameplay was far improved over it's predecessor, 10/10.

I guess I mean I will just have to wait like everyone else to see what we get, as for now RE5's latest additions will keep me playing for awhile.Smile
Back to top Go down
Soul
Zombie
Zombie
Soul

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 8:44 pm

Now while continuing certain aspects of the story, and Sherry, agreed is a big factor, added the other characters we haven't seen (Barry, Rebecca and namely Billy Coen Smile )
But I can only take so much of it, especially with everything being so convoluted as it is now.
Sure there is the certain story elements that haven't been cleared, but overarching one has been resolved, Capcom can only drag things out and screw them up even more storywise, especially with Mikami gone.

Though as I said in the main post, I want a "Survival HORROR" game, that said!
You can, gameplay wise keep the "Over-the-shoulder aim and shoot" style of 4 & 5 and EASILY through in some decently well placed puzzles and and just add the mood, vibe and atmosphere.
Lost in Nightmares proved that.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 8:56 pm

Oh yes, don't want to forget Barry, but I can't help but feel that they should keep his story a mystery, everything after him and Rebecca split.

Yeah that also being a problem, if they continue they could just ruin everything. They should be like Friends and end it while it is still good.

RE4 was survival/Horror, and RE5 was too, definately alot less, but the atmosphere, music, and everything helped make it as much of those two elements as it could be. At the same time alot of the stuff in RE5 was definately not worthy of being in an RE game. The parts in the game where you have tons of enemies shooting at you with AK's is a prime example, it was set up so that you had to do it like an action game, although because it still plays like RE(overall), you weren't able to handle it like an action game, thus causing some frustrating situations....

And yes, LIN showed how it could work, and if it were put into a more lenghty title, it could really be quite amazing. I have no real preferrence for the camera angles or the over-the-shoulder camera, as long as it plays like RE and has the great story to keep me playing I will be happy. Also good voices and music(basically everything in the series has had pretty great music so far, some more than others).
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 9:06 pm

Love the new sig by the way, Spikearoni.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 4:49 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Love the new sig by the way, Spikearoni.

Thanks a bunch, babycakes.Smile

Yeah I didn't make it, but I found it and added my handle, as well as that little Jill quote from UC, which is in cursive, almost giving it the illusion that Jill wrote it herself...

I also changed my avatar, if it is visible right now?

@Soul, I will probably be playing LIN on Pro today, which should be as much of a pain in the ass as the main game.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:32 pm

Yep, the avatar is showing. It's pretty sweet too.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:47 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:

Thanks, are you going to put yours back up?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:51 pm

Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

At some point. I just noticed it went AWOL.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 7:41 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Did you get an xbox? I noticed your colorful Live tag.Smile

Also, have you played the LIN stuff yet?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 8:33 pm

Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Nope, and nope. I hate the 360, hence the wonderful tag. Smile I will have to watch LIN. I'm strapped for cash and Heavy Rain will be my next purchase.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:10 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Nope, and nope. I hate the 360, hence the wonderful tag. Smile I will have to watch LIN. I'm strapped for cash and Heavy Rain will be my next purchase.

Well it seems there is a missing Wesker Child, as we predicted, although that idea we had from RE0, Keith Wesker...that doesn't seem to have any significance.

I am sure you don't mind me mentioning, but in LIN there is a person that is talked about in documents, Alex, and he is listed in the Wesker Children 001-013, as 012.Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 11:37 am

I saw that you mentioned Alex. I don't mind of they bring in another Wesker child, like Alex, as long as he is interesting. I'd rather them go with my Sherry idea though.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 12:06 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I saw that you mentioned Alex. I don't mind of they bring in another Wesker child, like Alex, as long as he is interesting. I'd rather them go with my Sherry idea though.

Yeah, I am sure they could make it an interesting character. I wouldn't mind someone eccentric like Irving again, without being too much of a carbon copy. I still want the Sherry idea more than anything, although I can't imagine how they would go about doing it now, what with Wesker being dead...

Maybe The Organiztion is still around, perhaps Ada has Sherry...maybe Alex somehow got ahold of her?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:15 pm

I wonder where Wesker's HQ was. In UC (or was it at the end of 4?), you can obviously see him in a chair with monitors all around like a...Wesker Cave! Maybe he had Sherry in some kind of cryogenic sleep there, and after a certain amount of time, with no action, it releases her? I don't know...I just want her back. I'd also like Alex Wesker to be more human and eccentric or at least somewhat animated, unlike Alby.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Zombie
Zombie
Soul

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:57 pm

Ha come on, if anything?
The reason Alex vanished was because he did find his "superbeing immortality" crap.
He'd obviously be all Matrixified.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 7:44 pm

Obviously the Wesker we all knew was actually Alex, and this new Alex is def gonna be Wesker. Therefore, Albert Wesker never died. He's coming back!!! Zomg!!!
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 8:59 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I wonder where Wesker's HQ was. In UC (or was it at the end of 4?), you can obviously see him in a chair with monitors all around like a...Wesker Cave! Maybe he had Sherry in some kind of cryogenic sleep there, and after a certain amount of time, with no action, it releases her? I don't know...I just want her back. I'd also like Alex Wesker to be more human and eccentric or at least somewhat animated, unlike Alby.

You know I actually like that idea, a timer or something...that would be cool. Capcom can surely come up with something.

@Soul, The character having superhuman powers doesn't imply they are going to be all stupid and "matrixified"(although I love the Matrix). I am sure Alex wouldn't be wearing sunglasses or all black clothing(a stupid trenchcoat), nothing that would really make him look like a Matrix reject.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:05 am

can anyone share some details about this alex wesker.ive read about him in re5 and i know he was one of the wesker children but i dont know too much about him.anyone care to enlighten me
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 12:17 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
can anyone share some details about this alex wesker.ive read about him in re5 and i know he was one of the wesker children but i dont know too much about him.anyone care to enlighten me

I'd love to...except there isn't really much to say. I would have to go back to grab the little things about him, but otherwise Alex was just someone aquianted with Spencer, probably because he is/was apart of the Wesker Children project.

Alex dissapeared, and that is really all we know now.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 1:51 pm

Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

I'd love to...except there isn't really much to say. I would have to go back to grab the little things about him, but otherwise Alex was just someone aquianted with Spencer, probably because he is/was apart of the Wesker Children project.

i looked him up on the internet today and some people reckon he might be the villian in re6. im not sure about that because i dont think he would live up to the wesker name.one question. is he a wesker child or did he just the wesker children project
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 2:31 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

i looked him up on the internet today and some people reckon he might be the villian in re6. im not sure about that because i dont think he would live up to the wesker name.one question. is he a wesker child or did he just the wesker children project

Alex is Wesker Child 012, with Albert being 013.

I don't know if Alex living up to a name might be an issue, as Wesker was really stupid in his last two games. Frankly I think Alex could, and just might be much cooler than the more recent Albert Wesker.

As for Al being cool, I will just remember his earliest appearances.Smile
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 4:01 pm

Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

I don't know if Alex living up to a name might be an issue, as Wesker was really stupid in his last two games. Frankly I think Alex could, and just might be much cooler than the more recent Albert Wesker.

and that is partly dc douglas fault.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 4:39 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

and that is partly dc douglas fault.

DC Douglas and Capcom both.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?   Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Else Want a Reboot of the series?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next