Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 5 Rascist?

Go down 
+9
Vandal
00biohazard
MSR
ThomVD
Sargent D
Nobudy
leonada
Ghost Leader
ZombiePrincess
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 12:03 pm

Spike everything in the world doesn't have a preordained destiny type development like you propose resident evil 5 should've be. I honestly don't want to have this argument though, since some of the smartest forum members here have tried to make you see some sort of reason, but all you do is bicker and throw some pointless irrelevant hash like sheva had no place in Africa on the Bsaa or stopping wesker (god knows a BSAA operative with a grudge against BOWs should not want to take down a notorious bio terrorist like wesker, you know, because she ''had no place there'' and Jill should've done it). If you're thinking like that, why not have Barry and Rebecca alongside too? each holding a rocket? or How about Claire? he did try to kill Chris many times, she had more motive than Sheva. Why didn't Carlos Oliveira help jill escape the island instead of Josh? they have more history, and he could've been working as a mercenary or something? but not that GOD AWFUL SHEVA ermegheeerd!!.... that's what you sound like.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 12:49 pm

00biohazard wrote:
Why didn't Carlos Oliveira help jill escape the island instead of Josh?
OMG I haven't even thought of it like that! Why haven't I thought of it like that? I dunno but I like it. Totally loving that picture there. Thanks for that Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 1:23 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
00biohazard wrote:
Why didn't Carlos Oliveira help jill escape the island instead of Josh?
OMG I haven't even thought of it like that! Why haven't I thought of it like that? I dunno but I like it. Totally loving that picture there. Thanks for that Razz
This is an excellent point. Also, why isn't Barry shooting with them? After all, two rockets in the center of an active volcano just aren't enough to kill Wesker. Nyeh nyeh nyeh!
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 4:48 pm

The main characters usually don't die. That's just the way it is. It is fiction, and there may be times when you aren't sure if the Protagonist will make it, but more than often they do. FACT.

And honestly, what did Sheva really do to help Chris with her supposed knowledge of the location? Did she put her ear to the ground to hear the buffalo coming? Did she know some secret paths that Chris wouldn't have been able to find on his own, as he has often had to do in his experience? Nope. She tagged along as try pursued Irving. You don't need a guide to pursue a crazy BOW blackmarket arms dealer/terrorist.

And I'm not saying Barry should be there. I never have. Or Becca or Carlos. Chris should have been a lone wolf, much like what was shown in the early trailers, when the game looked cool and scary.

And I'm not going to get too into it, but obviously Sheva doesn't deserve to kill Wesker. That's just insulting. But in the end, the MAIN, ultimate reason Sheva had such a huge role was NOT because she's such a deserving and significant character in the series with ties to other important characters and events, but because forces us to play co-op. which a majority of us agree RE shouldn't be.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 5:46 pm

But Chris was never supposed to be a lone wolf. Barry was supposed to be there with him, instead of Sheva who would have appeared only later. Sure, they were gonna get seperated but Chris was never supposed to go to Africa alone. That would have not made much sense storywise.

Even if Sheva did end up tagging along it's a fact that she was there to be his guide. You don't go to a dangerous operation in a foreign land without local help.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 5:52 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
The main characters usually don't die. That's just the way it is. It is fiction, and there may be times when you aren't sure if the Protagonist will make it, but more than often they do. FACT.

And honestly, what did Sheva really do to help Chris with her supposed knowledge of the location?
As I recall. I remember Chris asking Sheva if she knew where the mines were. She quickly replied "Past the station. It's not too far. Follow me." Or something like that. Plus, he might've needed a translator.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 6:03 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

RER, ORC and DSC all took place before RE5 so I doubt they'd try to make her have an appearance before her debut. As for Damnation, yes, it took place after 5 but it was mostly Leon's story that took place nowhere near Africa.

You know, I was originally going to address that, but GL never mentioned it after so I figured it was understood.

Yes, RER, ORC, and DSC all take place before RE5, but its irrelevant. Capcom has made 4 or 5 separate projects since Sheva's debut in RE5, and none of them were made so that she could show up again, and she hasn't even gotten so much as a single mention, unless you count that thing that you don't even know where you saw it.

If Capcom had wanted to make a game involving Sheva again, they would. Instead they wanted to make RER, ORC, DSC and Damnation as they are, without Sheva. She wasn't even in Mercs3D.

@Nobidu, that was still early on when they were in town. Even then, she was just a tag along for way more than tht. She didn't really contribute much. And really slowed Chris down, like when he was going to leave her behind to go find Jill after the Ndesu fight. She held him up before insisting on tagging along. I never felt a bond between Chris and Sheva as partners either. Not like Jill or Piers.

And Jesus people. I'm not saying Sheva shouldn't exist at all, just that she shouldn't have been forced on us like she was. A role like Josh had would have been more appropriate. I still cringe when I think about those ridiculous QTEs in re5 where Chris and Sheva jump through the gap all synchronized together before the door closes them in.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 6:18 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
unless you count that thing that you don't even know where you saw it.
I know for a fact that I saw it in the files for RE6 and if it's not in-game then it must be in REnet. I'll take a screenshot when I get my computer back.

As for the games, DSC was told from Leon's perspective and was a sequel to a spinoff, so it was highly unlikely to include any new characters. ORC brought up a whole not of new characters none of whom were from previous games. Honestly, the fact that these games were made is highly irrelevant to Sheva's appearances in future games. They won't base a game on the fact that they might want to add a certain side character to it, otherwise we'd have all kinds of games with Carlos, Nocholai, Billy, Rebecca and so on.

Mercs3D isn't relevant either. That game was missing bigger characters like Leon and Ada too.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 6:34 pm

Ok, Leon and Ada weren't in Mercs3D either, but they both appeared in Damnation AND RE6. What's Sheva's excuse?

And my point is that those 4 or 5 projects that don't feature this "significant" character Sheva, don't. They could have been games that Capcom made take place after RE5, and have her get mentioned again, but they didn't. Hell, even Kirk got a cameo in RER, and he is a far less important character.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 6:43 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
Ok, Leon and Ada weren't in Mercs3D either, but they both appeared in Damnation AND RE6. What's Sheva's excuse?

And my point is that those 4 or 5 projects that don't feature this "significant" character Sheva, don't. They could have been games that Capcom made take place after RE5, and have her get mentioned again, but they didn't. Hell, even Kirk got a cameo in RER, and he is a far less important character.

R.I.P. Kirk. Your voice was encouraging until it wasn't.Sad
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 10:02 am

Even Kirk's cameo was voice and static picture only, if you don't count the helicopter. And again, Sheva did get mentioned in RE6, even if it was an optional file, while a major character like Jill wasn't.

I guess the point here that people are trying to get through is that Sheva was significant in her own game.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 1:08 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Even Kirk's cameo was voice and static picture only, if you don't count the helicopter.

Luckily I do count the helicopter. Pretty sure we only hear and see Kirk's chopper in RE5 anyway. Until he's piked up on that pike.

Mass Distraction wrote:
And again, Sheva did get mentioned in RE6, even if it was an optional file, while a major character like Jill wasn't.

Sure, although you are the only one in existence that has ever laid eyes on it. Wherever it may possibly be. Suspect 

Mass Distraction wrote:
I guess the point here that people are trying to get through is that Sheva was significant in her own game.

And the alterior or really the main point, is that she is only significant in "her" own game, because of the forced co-op experience. Prior to that, no newbie character has come in and gotten such a push from Capcom to be accepted by we the fans. And not since either.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 2:22 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Even Kirk's cameo was voice and static picture only, if you don't count the helicopter.

Luckily I do count the helicopter. Pretty sure we only hear and see Kirk's chopper in RE5 anyway. Until he's piked up on that pike.

Mass Distraction wrote:
And again, Sheva did get mentioned in RE6, even if it was an optional file, while a major character like Jill wasn't.

Sure, although you are the only one in existence that has ever laid eyes on it. Wherever it may possibly be. Suspect 

Mass Distraction wrote:

And the alterior or really the main point, is that she is only significant in "her" own game, because of the forced co-op experience. Prior to that, no newbie character has come in and gotten such a push from Capcom to be accepted by we the fans. And not since either.
To answer this all in one:

1. I think that indeed is Kirk impaled on that spike, though you do make a point.

2. I would think my knowledge on the series warrants some respect on what I know to be a fact. Go to RE.net and check Chris' File from RE6 if you have unlocked it in the game. If you haven't, here's a couple of sites with the files written down: [link1] [link2] I'd add Project Umbrella here too if the site wasn't down.

3. Newbie characters have been introduced in almost all of the titles, that is irrelevant. The fact stands that her being in the game and having a significant role as a guide is an undebatable fact.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 2:45 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Mass Distraction wrote:

Mass Distraction wrote:

To answer this all in one:

1. I think that indeed is Kirk impaled on that spike, though you do make a point.

I just assumed it was. It's not really important.

Mass Distraction wrote:
2. I would think my knowledge on the series warrants some respect on what I know to be a fact. Go to RE.net and check Chris' File from RE6 if you have unlocked it in the game. If you haven't, here's a couple of sites with the files written down: [link1] [link2] I'd add Project Umbrella here too if the site wasn't down.

I don't doubt that you think you saw it. Just that no one else has. And you keep bringing it up as a source for your argument of Sheva having been mentioned since her initial debut, yet you can't actually quote it or show us exactly where it is. That's all. You know I give you the mad, dope, stupid, hip-hop props when it comes to RE Mass.

Mass Distraction wrote:
3. Newbie characters have been introduced in almost all of the titles, that is irrelevant. The fact stands that her being in the game and having a significant role as a guide is an undebatable fact.

Newbie characters have been introduced in almost all of the new titles, but none have been pushed on us like Sheva. That sets her apart.

And I know why she is in the game. ↓↓↓

Spike Reaver wrote:
And Jesus people. I'm not saying Sheva shouldn't exist at all, just that she shouldn't have been forced on us like she was. A role like Josh had would have been more appropriate.

I don't know why I have to keep repeating that. Obviously she is in the game, and I'm aware of that.

And I'm not saying she shouldn't be in RE5, just not in the capacity that she was. She tagged along and contributed almost nothing. She wasn't a character I found even very interesting and her and Chris never even really bonded as partners.

Not a bond like I feel we had seen between Chris and Jill, or Chris and Piers. As for his other BSAA partners, well the one with Jessica is what it is, he didn't really like her and her constant whining and come-ons. Plus she ended up being a triple agent working against the BSAA anyway.

In closing, Sheva was just forced on us, didn't contribute much and just tagged along, and stayed past her welcome, interfering with a fight that quite a lot of RE fans have been excited for, for many years, Chris vs Wesker. If RE5 wasn't forced co-op, we probably would have had a more appropriate ending to RE5, not the, "Ready partner?", "Your times up you son of a bitch", "That was for our fallen comrades" BS.

And what ever happened to "Sheva knew"? I always thought there could have been some cool, interesting conspiracy going on, instead, she was just a tag along with nothing interesting to say, ever. Even Josh was suspicious throughout RE5. I kept thinking he was going to turn on Chris and Sheva, or maybe him and Sheva were in cahoots. IDK, and we never will, because it ended up being nothing at all.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 4:44 pm

Capcom never was able to pull a good twist after RE1, which has the best story without competition (and the absolute worst dialogues, of course). Maybe Jill getting T-virused in 3 and Alfred posing as both Alexia and himself was unexpected, but nothing after that. Yeah, Sheva was generally a generic character which brought pretty much nothing new to the story. Every character in Revelations had more meaning.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 10:41 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Mass Distraction wrote:

Mass Distraction wrote:

I also have the file where Sheva is mentioned in RE6. She offers her help to Piers via E-mail in the search for Chris.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 10:58 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
And I'm not saying she shouldn't be in RE5, just not in the capacity that she was. She tagged along and contributed almost nothing. She wasn't a character I found even very interesting and her and Chris never even really bonded as partners.

Not a bond like I feel we had seen between Chris and Jill, or Chris and Piers. As for his other BSAA partners, well the one with Jessica is what it is, he didn't really like her and her constant whining and come-ons. Plus she ended up being a triple agent working against the BSAA anyway.

In closing, Sheva was just forced on us, didn't contribute much and just tagged along, and stayed past her welcome, interfering with a fight that quite a lot of RE fans have been excited for, for many years, Chris vs Wesker. If RE5 wasn't forced co-op, we probably would have had a more appropriate ending to RE5, not the, "Ready partner?", "Your times up you son of a bitch", "That was for our fallen comrades" BS.

And what ever happened to "Sheva knew"? I always thought there could have been some cool, interesting conspiracy going on, instead, she was just a tag along with nothing interesting to say, ever. Even Josh was suspicious throughout RE5. I kept thinking he was going to turn on Chris and Sheva, or maybe him and Sheva were in cahoots. IDK, and we never will, because it ended up being nothing at all.
Spike, you're blaming the character herself for being forced on you when Capcom are the ones that forced her on you and should be the target of your criticism. I'm not trying to say you have to like the character (I didn't like her all that much either, though I don't hate her), but she's the wrong target of your grievances.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 11:29 pm

00biohazard wrote:
I also have the file where Sheva is mentioned in RE6. She offers her help to Piers via E-mail in the search for Chris.

Which File is it? And it is in the actual game and not RE.net? Not that I even expect that I have it unlocked. Because you have to unlock Files in RE6 by finding those obscure Emblems. Extra annoying.

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike, you're blaming the character herself for being forced on you when Capcom are the ones that forced her on you and should be the target of your criticism. I'm not trying to say you have to like the character (I didn't like her all that much either, though I don't hate her), but she's the wrong target of your grievances.

No, I'm blaming Capcom for forcing Sheva on us and forcing us to play RE5 co-op and effectively watering down certain aspects of the story, for the sake of accommodating another character that absolutely has to be there because the entire game is co-op.

And because of the ways that her character just tags along and lingers around, because Capcom made it and her that way, makes me not too found of the Sheva character.

In the end, regardless of who did what, RE5 is not the experience that I had been so anxious to play for years. I followed that game from it's initial Trailer, saw them reveal more and more stuff, like it being in Africa and Chris being the main protagonist. Sounds fucking awesome to me, Africa, the place where it basically all began with Progenitor, and Chris, so you know Wesker may be there, so finally Chris v.s. Wesker! The final product falls short of how awesome RE5 should've been.

I can't say that about many other RE games. I played RE1 and was just satisfied with the awesome experience and addition to the series. I can pretty much say that about every RE game, except UC, RE5 and ORC. While I still really enjoy UC and RE5, they fall short of expectation. And ORC, nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 5:10 am

Spike Reaver wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I just assumed it was. It's not really important.
If I remember correctly the guy on the spike did have a pilot's helmet so it might as well have been.

Spike Reaver wrote:
you can't actually quote it or show us exactly where it is.
But I can and I did Razz I linked the quotes on two different pages in my last post.

The file is named "Chris' File" and it's at least on RE.net, although I do think it originated on the Japanese version of RE6. Don't quote me on that, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 5 Rascist?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3