HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style.

Go down 
+6
PWNERX
Pau Diaz
MSR
Mass Distraction
Ghost Leader
sirjibbs323
10 posters
AuthorMessage
sirjibbs323
Cerberus
Cerberus

Playstation Network sirjibs323

Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style.   Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptyTue May 20, 2014 12:25 pm

i wish this was a real game
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style.   Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptyTue May 20, 2014 5:55 pm

I believe this has been posted and discussed before. And I'm glad it's not real, because Capcom has ass raped this franchise enough without destroying one of my favorite games.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style.   Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptyWed May 21, 2014 12:35 am

Not sure if I'd like the gameplay style but it does look really nice.

Also no quick knife? What the hell?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style.   Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptyWed May 21, 2014 6:12 pm

Quick knife is for babies.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style.   Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptyThu May 22, 2014 5:52 am

At least I wouldn't need to carry around such an unnecessary item taking space in my inventory just to make a quick jab at a downed enemy for minimal damage instead of sitting there and waiting for them to get up. It worked for the original RE.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style.   Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptyThu May 22, 2014 8:34 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Capcom has ass raped this franchise enough without destroying one of my favorite games.

Yes, ass rape is probably the most accurate description of what Capcom has been doing with the franchise. Capcom has been symbolically raping their Resident Evil franchise in the ass.

Ok, aside from Ghost's metaphorical ass rape suggestion, Teh Spike believes that things like LIN and Revelations are going down the right kind of path. At this point, Capcom can finally man-up with RE7 and give the fans a game that will remind them why they enjoy the series, or they can release a game that dissapoints pretty much everyone.

Although overall i really liked RE6, there's lots of stuff gameplay wise that makes the game annoying. I'm looking forward to RE7, there is a lot riding on that particular game and i'm interested to see what Capcom delivers.

Also, the quick knofe was cool in RE4, and maybe even REDS, but i think RE6 did a good job with the knife. Only certain characters carry a knife, and Chris fucking owns with the knife! I didn't like the way the knife worked in RER.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style.   Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptySun May 25, 2014 6:37 am

Newer graphics and physics would certainly make RE2 more impressive. Sometimes, I think, though, we could have waited another ten years to start making the RE games. They'd have been even more stunning. Imagine if had RE1 been made in 2006, or RE2, having the look and creative options of Crysis, had it been released in 2007, or Resident Evil 3 with the glamour and atmosphere of Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood had it come out in 2009.

Our advanced means of video game production were ONLY beginning back in the nineties. We should have waited.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style.   Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptySun May 25, 2014 8:22 pm

Teh Spike wrote:
Yes, ass rape is probably the most accurate description of what Capcom has been doing with the franchise. Capcom has been symbolically raping their Resident Evil franchise in the ass.
It is from my perspective, considering the franchise has gone from excellent survival horror to bland action shooter. Now I've got nothing against the action shooter genre, but why does every game need to be one these days?

Quote :
Ok, aside from Ghost's metaphorical ass rape suggestion, Teh Spike believes that things like LIN and Revelations are going down the right kind of path.
The problem is, Capcom doesn't see that path as profitable enough. The greedy bastards want CoD numbers, which they don't want to accept that they'll never get.

Last edited by Ghost Leader on Tue May 27, 2014 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style.   Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptyMon May 26, 2014 5:14 am

Teh Spike says that RE will either die a hero, or live long enough to see itself become a villain.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style.   Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptyMon May 26, 2014 5:29 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
It is from my perspective, considering the franchise has gone from excellent survival horror to bland action shooter. Now I've got nothing against the action shooter genre, but why does every game need to be one these days?

Quote :
Ok, aside from Ghost's metaphorical ass rape suggestion, Teh Spike believes that things like LIN and Revelations are going down the right kind of path.
The problem is, Capcom doesn't see that path as profitable enough. The greedy bastards want CoD numbers, which they don't want to accept that they'll never get.

If they wanted to perform as well as CoD, they'd have to completely ditch the Solo experience that makes RE, and go for balanced, fast paced, and addicting FPS gameplay. This isn't something for RE. The only reason why Capcom sold so many copies is solely because people thought that the latest RE was going to be the Survival Horror game they were hoping for.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style.   Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptyMon May 26, 2014 4:09 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:

Quote :

If they wanted to perform as well as CoD, they'd have to completely ditch the Solo experience that makes RE, and go for balanced, fast paced, and addicting FPS gameplay. This isn't something for RE. The only reason why Capcom sold so many copies is solely because people thought that the latest RE was going to be the Survival Horror game they were hoping for.

Good point, PWNER. Capcom has been doing that for awhile. They keep promising that THIS game is going back to survival/horror! Capcom sure is jerking their fans around. And they're jerking Teh Spike around, and that's just something you don't do.

It's like everytime we get a new Bond girl and they're asked about their character and what makes them different from the previous Bond girls, and they always say the same thing, "stronger". No, you're just another Bond girl.

I'm inclined to agree with GL, the series has gone from a really cool survival/horror series, like RE0-RE4, and has become far too..."shooter"–like. Do we need 'shooter' and 'classic' control schemes? Plus RE5 introducing a forced cooperative experience. And don't even get Teh Spike started on those boring, tedious, fucking lame-ass gun turret sequences from RE5-RE6. Including Ada's helicopter ride.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style.   Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptyMon May 26, 2014 5:30 pm

Teh Spike wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:

Quote :

Good point, PWNER. Capcom has been doing that for awhile. They keep promising that THIS game is going back to survival/horror! Capcom sure is jerking their fans around. And they're jerking Teh Spike around, and that's just something you don't do.

It's like everytime we get a new Bond girl and they're asked about their character and what makes them different from the previous Bond girls, and they always say the same thing, "stronger". No, you're just another Bond girl.

I'm inclined to agree with GL, the series has gone from a really cool survival/horror series, like RE0-RE4, and has become far too..."shooter"–like. Do we need 'shooter' and 'classic' control schemes? Plus RE5 introducing a forced cooperative experience. And don't even get Teh Spike started on those boring, tedious, fucking lame-ass gun turret sequences from RE5-RE6. Including Ada's helicopter ride.

I thought Natalia was one of the better Bond girls.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style.   Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptyMon May 26, 2014 8:55 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:

Quote :

I thought Natalia was one of the better Bond girls.

The good chick from GoldenEye? She was quite attractive even tho her hair was borderline too-short. I actually preffered her co-star Bond girl Famke Jansen who played Xenia Onnatop. She always plays sexually weird characters, like when she was a man in Nip/Tuck..oops Spoiler Alert!

But i definitely like the Bond Girls that have those cool gimmicks and/or suggestive names. Pussy Galore, Mary Goodhead, Plenty O'Toole, and Dr. Christmas Jones, because come on its Denise Richards.

And Teh Spike says this; how clever and creative of Capcom to put you on a stationary or even moving turret and having you just shoot at shit. Ah! So much fun! I wish Capcom would make an RE game that is entirely on a gun turret, and you have to fight dozens of Ndesu's, motorcycle majini and J'avo, as well as annoying Jurassic Park reject T-Rex's, spontaneously ginormous Irving's, and stupid water creatures that have lots of weird Garrados-looking tentacle things(that one's from Rev).

*Sarcasm self-test complete
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style.   Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptyTue May 27, 2014 12:45 am

Teh Spike wrote:
And Teh Spike says this; how clever and creative of Capcom to put you on a stationary or even moving turret and having you just shoot at shit. Ah! So much fun! I wish Capcom would make an RE game that is entirely on a gun turret, and you have to fight dozens of Ndesu's, motorcycle majini and J'avo, as well as annoying Jurassic Park reject T-Rex's, spontaneously ginormous Irving's, and stupid water creatures that have lots of weird Garrados-looking tentacle things(that one's from Rev).

I guess you'll just have to wait for a Chronicles based on those games Razz
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style.   Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptyTue May 27, 2014 3:42 am

PWNERX wrote:
If they wanted to perform as well as CoD, they'd have to completely ditch the Solo experience that makes RE, and go for balanced, fast paced, and addicting FPS gameplay.
I'm talking about gameplay, not superficial differences. All you do is run around and shoot everything. There's no need to conserve ammo, no need to strategize, puzzles are almost nonexistent, the separation into levels. The games play no differently than CoD does.

You know that level with Chris and Piers fighting through a hostile city street with an armored vehicle? It was so familiar to me, almost like I've played it before...

And look at how Mercs has become a "kill everything you can in the allotted time" gimmick, as opposed to RE3's Operation Mad Jackal which actually required some intelligent strategy on the player's part.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style.   Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptyTue May 27, 2014 5:32 pm

Pau Diaz wrote:
Newer graphics and physics would certainly make RE2 more impressive. Sometimes, I think, though, we could have waited another ten years to start making the RE games. They'd have been even more stunning. Imagine if had RE1 been made in 2006, or RE2, having the look and creative options of Crysis, had it been released in 2007, or Resident Evil 3 with the glamour and atmosphere of Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood had it come out in 2009.

Our advanced means of video game production were ONLY beginning back in the nineties. We should have waited.

Sorry but if you're going to troll, but effort into it man !

On topic, this has already been posted.
It is a horrible mod in which the guy has just took all assets from the darkside chronicles.
DXP has already went into full discussion about the type of attitude the person and that he literally begged everyone on the RE mod forums
to help out and when they declined he got defensive and start flaming them.
Nothing in this video at all, expect from a basic import into UDK (which is even more simpler considering DSC was developed on the unreal engine), some basic VERY basic coding and we have what we see here.
Glad that this project isn't gaining any speed because it's a proverbial trainwreck.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style.   Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 9:28 am

The funny thing is, I would propably enjoy playing this infinitely more than the actual Darkside Chronicles.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style.   Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 8:43 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
The funny thing is, I would propably enjoy playing this infinitely more than the actual Darkside Chronicles.

Nah, I quite liked darkside chronicles, think because I enjoy on rail arcade type shooters and thought UC was pretty good.
Also this one kind of gave me a nostalgic buzz since it had a reworked version of RE2 in it.
This just looks janky as hell and all dat animation clipping yo!
I would reccon the feeling of the controls this would be similar to RE5 if it was ported onto the amiga 500, even that is giving this mod too much credit.

This is slightly off topic but speaking of remakes I'm so excited to hear recently that Konami gave the thumbs up
for a modding team to do a remake of the Metal Gear, all be it I think they are keeping it 2.5D but still, so awesome that Konami are not pure a-holes towards fans of their IP's.
The team has only been giving one rule, don't make money from it, that is very fair guidelines and Konami also want's them to keep updating them on the progress.
Cannot wait for this to be released, don't know how far they are into the mod yet, maybe they have only just started.
I might even fire up the old SNES tomorrow and give it another play through just for old times sake Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style.   Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 4:37 am

Mcghie wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Nah, I quite liked darkside chronicles, think because I enjoy on rail arcade type shooters and thought UC was pretty good.

You may have liked it, I found it to be a terrible game and an even worse sequel. The secret tofu mode is the only good thing I found from this game apart from having some new story that I only half paid attention to.

Since there is no playable version of the mod I don't feel like thrashing it, no matter how much of a dick the maker is.

Mcghie wrote:
I might even fire up the old SNES tomorrow and give it another play through just for old times sake Very Happy

SNES? Metal Gear was on the NES. Well, unless you have an adapter to play NES games on a SNES, of course.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style.   Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 9:24 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

You may have liked it, I found it to be a terrible game and an even worse sequel. The secret tofu mode is the only good thing I found from this game apart from having some new story that I only half paid attention to.

Since there is no playable version of the mod I don't feel like thrashing it, no matter how much of a dick the maker is.

I thought UC was a lot better than DSC, but I think the only reason that got me actually liking DSC was the fact it featured RE2 within it, wasn't the best but it
did drum up some nostalgic feelings to a certain degree.
I never went into any of the two games thinking I was going to get a traditional and awesome resident evil expierience, I went in with the mindset, that these gamed where just fodder and arcade fun, I think that is reason why I ended up loving them.
I'm glad there isn't a playable mod for this, looks terrible.
I made my opinion up on the mod from the quality, level of construction, effort put into it, coding, UI/UX design etc.
Which in turn this guy messed up in all the departments, he merely ported already created files an tweaked them and it shows because the thing is a visual eye sore.
A modder should take passion and have an advance skillset when tackling game creation, this is just a young lad that watched a few basic coding tutorials and game engine tutorials on YouTube and then self proclaimed himself as some sort of "god" amongst the modding community, not to mention his ambitions where unrealistic at best.
It is wasn't for they very large "douchebaggery" traits then maybe people would have took a little pity on him and put his mod down to a sort of practice in game creation, but since he shined the lights on his "colourfull" attitude then it just put the icing on the cake for his case.

Mass Distraction wrote:

NES? Metal Gear was on the NES. Well, unless you have an adapter to play NES games on a SNES, of course.

Yes I know but I don't have a NES, haven't had one in years. If your referring to the cartridge that has a port for NES cartridges on top if it then, yes I have it.
The one I have is called "RetroPort adapter" think the company was called retrobit or something like that.
I also have an official gameboy adapter for the SNES as well, pretty bulky but you put the gameboy cartridge into the slot on the cartridge and then you can play all your old Gameboy library, it's awesome.
I also have an adapter that upscales the original SNES dimensions so that it fits the whole of a HDTV.
I love my SNES, one console that I will make sure will never die on me.
I might even think about design a mod for the console case, really want to create a themed LED mod for it, would be a pretty awesome project.  
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style.   Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 10:42 am

Mcghie wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I thought UC was a lot better than DSC, but I think the only reason that got me actually liking DSC was the fact it featured RE2 within it, wasn't the best but it
did drum up some nostalgic feelings to a certain degree.
I never went into any of the two games thinking I was going to get a traditional and awesome resident evil expierience, I went in with the mindset, that these gamed where just fodder and arcade fun, I think that is reason why I ended up loving them.

You should know my preferences by now, obviously I don't care if it's a "traditional" Resident Evil experience or not. I liked Survivor and Confidential Report and I loved Dead Aim and Gaiden. Umbrella Chronicles was great too. In addition to that, I do love me some arcade shooting action, like House of the Dead. However, Darkside Chronicles did everything Umbrella Chronicles got right, wrong. If I want to play RE2 I play RE2. Heck, I'd still rather play this mod in question that go through Darkside again. The only way I was able to push through it was the co-op.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style.   Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 10:58 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
You should know my preferences by now, obviously I don't care if it's a "traditional" Resident Evil experience or not. I liked Survivor and Confidential Report and I loved Dead Aim and Gaiden. Umbrella Chronicles was great too. In addition to that, I do love me some arcade shooting action, like House of the Dead. However, Darkside Chronicles did everything Umbrella Chronicles got right, wrong. If I want to play RE2 I play RE2. Heck, I'd still rather play this mod in question that go through Darkside again. The only way I was able to push through it was the co-op.

You hurt my feelings :'(
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style.   Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 11:00 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

You hurt my feelings :'(

Aw, let me have this one Very Happy There had to be at least one "good" spinoff I don't like.
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style.   Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 9:09 am

I've noticed a couple of these going around... one of them even used both fixed camera style and the over the shoulder trash featured in this video. I've even recieved a few PMs to feature one on my channel... naturally i won't do that just to get peoples hopes up since i believe these are just fanmade crap that will never release even though i would still play them because i can't help but hurt myself... self inflicted RE pain  Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
Mullet_Wesker
Cerberus
Cerberus
Mullet_Wesker

Playstation Network Mullet_Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style.   Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 8:18 am

Relating back to the first post, I believe that's a test video of these guys taking a remake of Resident Evil 2 into their own hands. This is the first video I saw of it, and since they've releases slightly more impressive footage, I think.

Anyway, I say they should go for it. Not like Capcom is going to give us anything remotely similar.
Back to top Go down
http://taylorjosephdean.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style.   Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style. Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 2 Remake Resident Evil 4 gameplay style.
Page 1 of 1