Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 5 Rascist?

Go down 
+9
Vandal
00biohazard
MSR
ThomVD
Sargent D
Nobudy
leonada
Ghost Leader
ZombiePrincess
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 6:50 pm

No one really knows that, since that game was never released. However, Resident Evil 5 was released and we do know that she is a main character and she was there from the start.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 8:13 pm

Everyone that has read the early RE5 concepts knows that. I am one who has and does, so I know that Sheva was not originally in such a large undeserving role. Check and mate.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 9:16 pm

Who says a character doesn't deserve a large role? What if Capcom liked Sheva's character so much that they felt it was a waste not to give her a bigger role? You're not one to decide that.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 3:11 pm

Common sense says that, duh. If they liked her so much how come she hasn't been seen or heard from since her debit role? Aside from that minor reference in a File in RE6, according to Mass.

And she doesn't deserve a huge roll like she got for reasons such as how she interfered with a significantly important and popular storyline that had dick to do with her. Then the fact that she debuted and immediately gets a scene hogging role, she didn't earn any merits, and she was forced down our throats. If we had gotten to know the Sheva character throughout the game, by the end I may have really like her. Instead Capcom tries to force is to like her, cuz she's mildly attractive, alway optimistically following and agreeing with Chris and just tagging along. She was irrelevant.

We should learn to appreciate partner characters throughout the experience of the game, like Billy once you hear about his experience in Africa that led to him be court marshaled, and Steve when he kills his father and then tells Claire about how Umbrella killed his mother and imprisoned him and Mr. Burnside on Rockfort.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 4:28 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
If they liked her so much how come she hasn't been seen or heard from since her debit role?
Because her debut role was just one game ago?
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 4:56 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
Common sense says that, duh. If they liked her so much how come she hasn't been seen or heard from since her debit role? Aside from that minor reference in a File in RE6, according to Mass.
File in RE6? I got all of the emblems, and I never found a file regarding Sheva. Was this on RE.net?

The only thing that irked me about Sheva was the fact that it was her and Chris who killed Wesker. I wished it was Chris and Jill. True Sheva's your partner through the game, but Jill simply could have given Chris a rocket while she carries the other. I've accepted this a while ago but still...
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 5:53 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
If they liked her so much how come she hasn't been seen or heard from since her debit role?

That's the one thing you had to pick out from my entire post?

True, she debuted in RE5 and we only just got RE6 not too long ago.

But we have had a few games since RE5; RER, ORC, DSC, RE6 and even a CG film Damnation(have you seen that BTW?). Now that's 5 different projects that Capcom has come up with since RE5, and at no point did they decide to make any of those projects so that Sheva would be able to return to RE. Now it may still happen in the future, but in all honesty, I doubt she will show up again. She won't, and if she does then my name is Susie. And it's not.

@Nobudy, idk where the File is. Mass has claimed it is in RE6, I just took his word for it.

And yes, Jill didn't have to be all,"Chris! Sheba! Use these rocket launchers". That was probably Capcom trying to make us feel closer to Sheva or something. I'm sure Capcom has seen the mistakes they made in RE5 and probably want to forget it all. Although I really enjoy RE5 and think it has an awesome story, that if it had been done properly, may very well have been my fav story in the series.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 8:24 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:

That's the one thing you had to pick out from my entire post?
Yes, because the rest of your post was simply you stating your personal opinion and because opinions are not wrong unless based on a logical impossibility (e.g., dividing zero) or factually incorrect information, they can't be argued against. You're allowed to think Sheva didn't deserve a starring role, but you're neither right nor wrong since Capcom is Word of God on the matter.

Capiche?
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 5:22 am

I wasn't too crazy about Sheva and I too hated that it wasn't Jill and Chris who kill Wesker.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 6:11 am

Sheva's presence in the game as Chris' partner is a decision based in logic, though. Chris obviously had never been to Kijuju, so obviously he didn't know the area and its niches. The BSAA can have all the billion dollar satellites on earth at their disposal to map the place, but the best source of intelligence on a location is always a local (like Sheva) who was born and raised there. Ask anyone who has ever been overseas (whether as a soldier or whatever) and they will tell you the exact same thing.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 7:55 am

Not disputing that. It's actually pretty realistic. Besides, Chris is all like "Doesn't matter what she says, she is just a terrorist!" like a moron. Sheva is smarter and more resourceful. Chris is pure muscle though. Guy goes full dps on anything and everything, and it's usually enough. It's just that I would rather have Jill and Chris kill Wesker, you know, storywise.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 11:09 am

I wasn't expecting to see a topic with this title anymore.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 7:19 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Sheva's presence in the game as Chris' partner is a decision based in logic, though. Chris obviously had never been to Kijuju, so obviously he didn't know the area and its niches. The BSAA can have all the billion dollar satellites on earth at their disposal to map the place, but the best source of intelligence on a location is always a local (like Sheva) who was born and raised there. Ask anyone who has ever been overseas (whether as a soldier or whatever) and they will tell you the exact same thing.

Based on logic? Here is the path you take from when you arrive in Kijuju to when you get to Wesker in RE5.

Start ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Wesker --- Finish

Honestly, RE5 was a pretty linear path, I fail to see how Sheva was useful at all. "Alright, then let's finish this". Thanks Sheva, now that you have said that, I'm feeling really motivated in this mission, in which I'm searching for my real partner, who supposedly died, but may not have, and my arch-enemy from many years before you were even a thought have begun a plan to destroy the world.

It's common sense that says that Sheva was not around during the Mansion Incident, or around during the Rockfort Island Incident, or the stuff in Russia during the Caucasus mission, and only showed up in RE5. And the only reason at all that Sheva has such a huge roll is that RE5 is a forced Co-op experience. That has absolutely nothing at all to do with opinion. It's just common sense and fact. And all of the facts have led me to see that Sheva is undeserving in her killing Wesker. She only did because she tagged along through the whole mission. Just try to argue how she IS relevant and is deserving to get involved in the Chris VS Wesker fued. I dare you. I double dog dare you.

Shrike wrote:
It's just that I would rather have Jill and Chris kill Wesker, you know, storywise.

Makes sense.

As deserving as Sheva was to kill Wesker, because she has a grudge against him. Ever since Umbrella killed her family many, many years ago, she holds him responsible, and has made it her sole purpose to murder Wesker in revenge. Sheva V Wesker is what has kept me playing the series for all this time.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:14 am

Spike Reaver wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

Based on logic? Here is the path you take from when you arrive in Kijuju to when you get to Wesker in RE5.

Start ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Wesker --- Finish

Honestly, RE5 was a pretty linear path, I fail to see how Sheva was useful at all. "Alright, then let's finish this". Thanks Sheva, now that you have said that, I'm feeling really motivated in this mission, in which I'm searching for my real partner, who supposedly died, but may not have, and my arch-enemy from many years before you were even a thought have begun a plan to destroy the world.

It's common sense that says that Sheva was not around during the Mansion Incident, or around during the Rockfort Island Incident, or the stuff in Russia during the Caucasus mission, and only showed up in RE5. And the only reason at all that Sheva has such a huge roll is that RE5 is a forced Co-op experience. That has absolutely nothing at all to do with opinion. It's just common sense and fact. And all of the facts have led me to see that Sheva is undeserving in her killing Wesker. She only did because she tagged along through the whole mission. Just try to argue how she IS relevant and is deserving to get involved in the Chris VS Wesker fued. I dare you. I double dog dare you.
Did you even read my post? I said nothing about Sheva vs Wesker, her role was as a guide for Chris who was in an unfamiliar location.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 10:27 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

Did you even read my post? I said nothing about Sheva vs Wesker, her role was as a guide for Chris who was in an unfamiliar location.
I sure did read your post. Did you read mine? I addressed Sheva's role as a "guide". The path was so linear, she was unnecessary. Chris didn't need a guide when exploring the Spencer Estate, or Rockfort Island, or the Antarctic Facility.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 11:34 pm

Sheva made the game linear as a guide. It's fucking Africa, not some tiny ass island or mansion.

You really can't be that stupid, can you?
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 3:03 am

Vandal wrote:
Sheva made the game linear as a guide. It's fucking Africa, not some tiny ass island or mansion.

You really can't be that stupid, can you?

I agree. I really hate some people being a racist. Sheva has a big contribution in the game of being a guide. Without her, we're fucking lost in Africa I'll tell you that.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 6:48 am

Spike Reaver wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

I sure did read your post. Did you read mine? I addressed Sheva's role as a "guide". The path was so linear, she was unnecessary. Chris didn't need a guide when exploring the Spencer Estate, or Rockfort Island, or the Antarctic Facility.
The thing is, the area seemed much larger than Rockfort and the Antarctic facility. And how do we know that Chris didn't get lost in those areas? Maybe in the canon story, he did. Basically anything outside of cutscenes is non-canon EXCEPT for the path we take. So for all we know, Chris could have gotten lost while on Rockfort or the Spencer estate, but still managing to get the job done.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 7:10 am

^And I swear some people playing the games for the first time back then did indeed get lost in the mansion.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 7:11 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
^And I swear some people playing the games for the first time back then did indeed get lost in the mansion.
I sure as hell did. lol! 
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 7:23 am

I missed a couple of posts, it seems, so let's fix that.

Nobudy wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
File in RE6? I got all of the emblems, and I never found a file regarding Sheva. Was this on RE.net?
It wasn't a file regarding Sheva, it was a file regarding Piers' search for Chris. The file stated that Sheva offered her help in finding him. If it wasn't in the in-game files then it must've been on RE.net

Spike Reaver wrote:
But we have had a few games since RE5; RER, ORC, DSC, RE6 and even a CG film Damnation
RER, ORC and DSC all took place before RE5 so I doubt they'd try to make her have an appearance before her debut. As for Damnation, yes, it took place after 5 but it was mostly Leon's story that took place nowhere near Africa.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 8:16 am

Nobudy wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

The thing is, the area seemed much larger than Rockfort and the Antarctic facility. And how do we know that Chris didn't get lost in those areas? Maybe in the canon story, he did. Basically anything outside of cutscenes is non-canon EXCEPT for the path we take. So for all we know, Chris could have gotten lost while on Rockfort or the Spencer estate, but still managing to get the job done.
I get the feeling that Spike is one of those people who thinks the main character doesn't die because he's the main character. In reality, the main character is the main character because he survives.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 8:27 am

Vandal wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

I get the feeling that Spike is one of those people who thinks the main character doesn't die because he's the main character. In reality, the main character is the main character because he survives.
Indeed. In-Universe maybe. But out of universe, cash cow.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 8:33 am

Exactly, main point, the game is linear because of Sheva. It didn't make sense to keep Barry as Chris' partner.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 9:14 am

This was how little of your post actually had to do with Sheva's role as a guide.

Spike Reaver wrote:

Start ------------------------------------------------------ Wesker --- Finish

Honestly, RE5 was a pretty linear path, I fail to see how Sheva was useful at all.
The rest of that giant block of text was you ranting about Sheva vs Wesker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Rascist?   Resident Evil 5 Rascist? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 5 Rascist?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next