HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES????

Go down 
+12
Regenerator
Ghost Leader
frodomir
BioHazardMerc1
White Rock
Leon Kennedy
leonada
Wesker2098
Spike991
Down
charlieRE2
Umbrella Spy
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES????   SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 2:19 pm

yes I do miss the old zombies...but then again I like challenges and I got that in RE4
Back to top Go down
charlieRE2
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
charlieRE2

Playstation Network The Beret

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES????   SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 2:21 pm

the crimson head zombies really scared me What a Face
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES????   SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 2:33 pm

Not really.... Ganados were great new addition to game... Maybe puzzles weren't that hard but it still deserves its name if u ask me... And esp. the camera... Finally they added free camera...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES????   SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 2:40 pm

frodomir wrote:
Not really.... Ganados were great new addition to game... Maybe puzzles weren't that hard but it still deserves its name if u ask me... And esp. the camera... Finally they added free camera...

I agree, it was a terrific experience & I wouldn't change anything about it, except more puzzles.Smile
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES????   SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 2:44 pm

Spike991 wrote:
frodomir wrote:

I agree, it was a terrific experience & I wouldn't change anything about it, except more puzzles.Smile

Only puzzle that kept me some time was Ashely's, knights puzzle... Nothing else
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES????   SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 4:10 pm

frodomir wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
frodomir wrote:

Oh yeah, that puzzle was weird, sometimes I would do it in like 6 seconds(not an exageration either), and sometimes I would take half an hour, but I liked that puzzle.Smile
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES????   SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 1:53 pm

Spike991 wrote:
frodomir wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
frodomir wrote:

Oh yeah, that puzzle was weird, sometimes I would do it in like 6 seconds(not an exageration either), and sometimes I would take half an hour, but I liked that puzzle.Smile
that puzzle was just a bunch of junk...i don't like them kinds of puzzles period
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES????   SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 2:09 pm

Regenerator wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
frodomir wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
frodomir wrote:

that puzzle was just a bunch of junk...i don't like them kinds of puzzles period

Thats a classic puzzle mate
Back to top Go down
Michael
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Michael

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES????   SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 12:17 am

i didnt (and still dont) like the ashley puzzle. i was goofing around with my gameshark after i beat re4 on the ps2 a few times, and even with cheats on they still creeped me out xD
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES????   SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 1:36 am

Spike991 wrote:
You really think that? Resident Evil 4 was not just some fuck up, it was just as much RE as the others. It's puzzles were lacking sure, but it had survival horror, the characters, music, story, the camera was a bit different, but what was so bad about it?
The simple fact is that it's Resident Evil in name and cast only. You take Leon, Wesker, and Ada out of it, replace them with non-RE characters, and the connections to the plot (already almost nada, as it is) are non-existent. Silent Hill has survival horror and puzzles, but does that make it a Resident Evil game?
Resident Evil isn't about a fanatical religious order (if I want a lesson in fanaticism, I'll go to Church on Sunday...) and alien parasites ripped out of a bad B-class horror movie, it's about the Umbrella Corporation playing God with its insidious experimentation with biological weaponry, a concept rooted in actual reality.

You know, I'm sorry if you dislike the fact that I prefer the Resident Evil that I grew up with, rather than that trash that was RE4, but I'm not wrong in doing so.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES????   SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 12:07 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
You really think that? Resident Evil 4 was not just some fuck up, it was just as much RE as the others. It's puzzles were lacking sure, but it had survival horror, the characters, music, story, the camera was a bit different, but what was so bad about it?
The simple fact is that it's Resident Evil in name and cast only. You take Leon, Wesker, and Ada out of it, replace them with non-RE characters, and the connections to the plot (already almost nada, as it is) are non-existent. Silent Hill has survival horror and puzzles, but does that make it a Resident Evil game?
Resident Evil isn't about a fanatical religious order (if I want a lesson in fanaticism, I'll go to Church on Sunday...) and alien parasites ripped out of a bad B-class horror movie, it's about the Umbrella Corporation playing God with its insidious experimentation with biological weaponry, a concept rooted in actual reality.

You know, I'm sorry if you dislike the fact that I prefer the Resident Evil that I grew up with, rather than that trash that was RE4, but I'm not wrong in doing so.

I don't dislike that fact that you prefer the original RE to RE4, I prefer the REmake to RE4, as well as some of the others. I never said that you were wrong, nor did I say that I disliked what you liked.
What I did dislike is when people put RE4 aside like it is not even an RE game, and I am trying to use evidence from RE4 as well as the others to prove that it really isn't as different as you are making it seem.
It is Resident Evil because it follows for the most part the same formula, with a few added variables, and is a Resident Evil game that has begun to change a little, which any series will have to do in order to stay alive.

Resident Evil is not solemley about Umbrella, it is also about the ever progressing story which anything can happen. I mean, you can only go back to Raccoon City or some Island to try and stop Umbrella once & for all so many times, because after awhile it begins to get tedious, and I think they pulled out just in time, a sort of intermission if you will, so that RE5 will be that much more epic & climatic once Umbrella makes its return.Smile

As for taking out Leon, Ada & Wesker, well that fact is that they are there, you can't realy prove that RE4 is different by saying take out these things, if that were true, you could take out characters from other RE game, only to show pretty much the same thing. Other than the characters and title, it also has a connection to the T-virus, experimentation, a large group that has intentions to monopolize the world, instead of Ozwell E. Spencer, we got Osmund Saddler.Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES????   SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 9:32 pm

Spike991 wrote:

I don't dislike that fact that you prefer the original RE to RE4, I prefer the REmake to RE4, as well as some of the others. I never said that you were wrong, nor did I say that I disliked what you liked.
What I did dislike is when people put RE4 aside like it is not even an RE game, and I am trying to use evidence from RE4 as well as the others to prove that it really isn't as different as you are making it seem.
It is Resident Evil because it follows for the most part the same formula, with a few added variables, and is a Resident Evil game that has begun to change a little, which any series will have to do in order to stay alive.
Splinter Cell follows the same "formula" as Metal Gear Solid, but that doesn't mean it is Metal Gear Solid.
Spartan: Total Warrior follows the same "formula" as God of War, but that doesn't mean it is God of War.
Rumble Roses follows the same "formula" as Dead or Alive, but that doesn't mean it is Dead or Alive.
Ghost Recon follows the same "formula" as Rainbow Six, but that doesn't mean it is Rainbow Six.

You can take one game's so-called formula and apply it to an entirely separate game, but that alone doesn't connect the two enough to relate them.
Quote :
As for taking out Leon, Ada & Wesker, well that fact is that they are there, you can't realy prove that RE4 is different by saying take out these things, if that were true, you could take out characters from other RE game, only to show pretty much the same thing. Other than the characters and title, it also has a connection to the T-virus, experimentation, a large group that has intentions to monopolize the world, instead of Ozwell E. Spencer, we got Osmund Saddler.Smile
How exactly does an alien parasite connect to a biological agent created wholly by humans?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES????   SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 10:15 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Splinter Cell follows the same "formula" as Metal Gear Solid, but that doesn't mean it is Metal Gear Solid.
Spartan: Total Warrior follows the same "formula" as God of War, but that doesn't mean it is God of War.
Rumble Roses follows the same "formula" as Dead or Alive, but that doesn't mean it is Dead or Alive.
Ghost Recon follows the same "formula" as Rainbow Six, but that doesn't mean it is Rainbow Six.

You can take one game's so-called formula and apply it to an entirely separate game, but that alone doesn't connect the two enough to relate them.

Quote :
How exactly does an alien parasite connect to a biological agent created wholly by humans?
The formula doesn't make the game alone, those were some good examples, except we are not comparing two completely different game, we are comaring RE4 and RE.

It isn't alien, it is some old parasitic organism, a parasitic organism happens to be one of the things that is responsible for Nemesis. The connection between Saddler & Spencer? Saddler is sort of playing an archatype set by Spencer, that alone is a pretty good connection.
With all of this said, for a game to be a part of a series, it doesn't have to be exactly the same, it should & will be different.Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES????   SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 5:00 am

A bit off-topic here, but I want to apologize if I've come off as obnoxious and have offended anyone during this "RE4 vs previous REs" debate. I don't mean to do so, it's just that I'm very...firm...about my own opinions. I hope you guys/gals won't hold that against me. We all have the right to form our own opinions about something, right? Smile

Anywho, just to clarify something I previously haven't: I'm definitely not saying RE4 sucks or anything like that. When I said "Capcom f'd it up", I didn't mean to imply it's a bad game, because it definitely is not. I have it and play it fairly frequently (though not as frequently as games like RE3 and REmake), but I just consider it a one-shot side story, rather than part of the core Resident Evil canon.

Again, I never meant to offend anyone by stating my views on the matter and I offer my sincerest apologies if I've done so. Sad
Back to top Go down
leonada
Zombie
Zombie
leonada

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES????   SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 6:26 am

in the REs its fun to blow off thier heads
in RE 4 blow a head off u dont know what will pop up or anything will at all
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES????   SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 10:27 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
A bit off-topic here, but I want to apologize if I've come off as obnoxious and have offended anyone during this "RE4 vs previous REs" debate. I don't mean to do so, it's just that I'm very...firm...about my own opinions. I hope you guys/gals won't hold that against me. We all have the right to form our own opinions about something, right? Smile

Anywho, just to clarify something I previously haven't: I'm definitely not saying RE4 sucks or anything like that. When I said "Capcom f'd it up", I didn't mean to imply it's a bad game, because it definitely is not. I have it and play it fairly frequently (though not as frequently as games like RE3 and REmake), but I just consider it a one-shot side story, rather than part of the core Resident Evil canon.

Again, I never meant to offend anyone by stating my views on the matter and I offer my sincerest apologies if I've done so. Sad

I think that is very mature to apologize, but you shouldn't have to, maybe I am wrong, but I think this is what is supposed to go down on a forum.Smile

In any case, we both can argue formidably on the topic, we both must be big RE fans, & we can go on for (what was this like two or three days) coming up with new reasons to prove our believe. Even though I was really trying to prove what I had stated, I also consider this to be a bit fun, like a challenge, because I have been not playing the RE games to not overdue them right before RE5, so this keeps my mind in RE and I like that.Smile

If what we did here on the forum is wrong, then I also apologize.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES????   SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 6:22 pm

Spike991 wrote:

I think that is very mature to apologize, but you shouldn't have to, maybe I am wrong, but I think this is what is supposed to go down on a forum.Smile

In any case, we both can argue formidably on the topic, we both must be big RE fans, & we can go on for (what was this like two or three days) coming up with new reasons to prove our believe. Even though I was really trying to prove what I had stated, I also consider this to be a bit fun, like a challenge, because I have been not playing the RE games to not overdue them right before RE5, so this keeps my mind in RE and I like that.Smile

If what we did here on the forum is wrong, then I also apologize.
I agree. Debating and discussing things is what a forum is for. But it's still very easy to inadvertently offend people when stating an opinion or argument. It's happened to me before. I tend to take a lot of ridicule from people for certain opinions of my own, so that was why I wanted to apologize if I had done so without realizing it. I know what it feels like to be on the receiving end, and it definitely isn't fun.
Back to top Go down
billboi92
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES????   SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 4:29 pm

I do and i don't

In my experience, fighting off 2 zombies in a narrow corridor in resident evil 1 can be more challenging then fighting off a village full of "los illuminados" (sorry if, my spelling is off). Reasons for this may be because resident evil 4's new layout system or simply the intelligence of the a.i ? i honestly could not say.

I do not think that resident evil 4-5 has alienated the series but it is a major change none the less. If any of use have played silent hill 5 , there was a quite an uproar about the changes it had gone through from the previous games and many people were dissapointed. Hopefully in the resident evil 5 they manage to balance change with originality
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES????   SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 7:03 pm

billboi92 wrote:
I do and i don't

Reasons for this may be because resident evil 4's new layout system or simply the intelligence of the a.i ? i honestly could not say.

Every game has bug... Lets mention l4d... if the enemies werent that dumb and just stare at u it would be more challenging game... same with re....
Back to top Go down
duralumin
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
duralumin

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES????   SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 8:41 pm

MOST DEFINITELY. I miss their good ol' shambling goodness...The infected in RE 4 and 5 are startling, but aren't nearly as creepy for me as the poor buggers from the early games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.independenceproductions.gobot.com
leonada
Zombie
Zombie
leonada

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES????   SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 6:55 am

i use to be scared of the old RE game but because of RE4 iam not scared anymore if they would have had the zombies i might still be scared
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES????   SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 12:53 pm

leonada wrote:
i use to be scared of the old RE game but because of RE4 iam not scared anymore if they would have had the zombies i might still be scared

Lol why do u ppl find so scary about zombies... The only thing that can scare u if they jump out in front of u and u didnt expect that...
Back to top Go down
Kytte
Zombie
Zombie
Kytte

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES????   SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 4:26 am

lol, The zombies as such didn't scare me
the crimson heads however... they creeped me out first time round
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES????   SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 6:52 am

Kytte wrote:
They terrified me my first few times through. I remember jumping and screaming several times upon hearing that distinctive groan just as they're getting up.

Those sure were the days, huh? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES????   SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 7:52 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Kytte wrote:
They terrified me my first few times through. I remember jumping and screaming several times upon hearing that distinctive groan just as they're getting up.

Those sure were the days, huh? Very Happy

We will probably get some more of that in RE5, I hope, especially with it being on next gen, disregarding the wii of course, but yeah, it will be nice, and hopefully we get some more things that give you those reactions.Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES????   SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES???? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

SOMEBODY MISS THE ZOMBIES????
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next