HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?

Go down 
+18
Cyberization
S.Winters
Vandal
Sargent D
PWNERX
Nobudy
Ssplain
Shrike
Industrial Ridden
Mass Distraction
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Known_Hero
Xannidel
White Rock
chrisredfield84
weskersbarber
RaviorStygian
Jamesy
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 10:01 am

S.Winters wrote:
How about something like the Last of Us and fallout. But not quite so desolate. Just like a good mixture of both, nothing boring. Not too much city, and not too much forest. But have a good story and good characters. I think it'd be cool to make your own character and stuff. And have a pick of different outfits and clothing. (There goes my girliness) It'd be interesting to have a open world. 

I made a thread a couple months ago on my suggestions for the next RE game: I mention things like limited ammo/supplies, backpack inventory, immersive gameplay/story, tense situations. Every single one of those suggestions are in the The Last of Us!

The Last of Us is the quintessential survival game. It's the game RE should've evolved into. All of these RE games and not one allows you to bash a zombie's head open with a steel pipe. Something's wrong there. Too much emphasis on guns in a game that's suppose to be about survival.

My suggestion: steal everything from The Last of Us and use a new protagonist. What about a player created protagonist like in Mass Effect?
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 11:19 am

Known_Hero wrote:
S.Winters wrote:
How about something like the Last of Us and fallout. But not quite so desolate. Just like a good mixture of both, nothing boring. Not too much city, and not too much forest. But have a good story and good characters. I think it'd be cool to make your own character and stuff. And have a pick of different outfits and clothing. (There goes my girliness) It'd be interesting to have a open world.

I made a thread a couple months ago on my suggestions for the next RE game: I mention things like limited ammo/supplies, backpack inventory, immersive gameplay/story, tense situations. Every single one of those suggestions are in the The Last of Us!

The Last of Us is the quintessential survival game. It's the game RE should've evolved into. All of these RE games and not one allows you to bash a zombie's head open with a steel pipe. Something's wrong there. Too much emphasis on guns in a game that's suppose to be about survival.

My suggestion: steal everything from The Last of Us and use a new protagonist. What about a player created protagonist like in Mass Effect?

You can use steel pipes in the RE Outbreak series and RE6 to an extent. In Outbreak you can use pipes, brooms, kitchen knives, staple guns or you can just ram them with your shoulder. Heck you can even hide under beds and in lockers. I would like to see more of that in the main series.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 11:47 am

Ssplain wrote:
Known_Hero wrote:
S.Winters wrote:

You can use steel pipes in the RE Outbreak series and RE6 to an extent. In Outbreak you can use pipes, brooms, kitchen knives, staple guns or you can just ram them with your shoulder. Heck you can even hide under beds and in lockers. I would like to see more of that in the main series.
While it's not necessarily hiding, you can crawl under stuff and hide in lockers (Jake's scenario only during ch3 and 4). But then again, why hide when you know you can kill whatever's trying to kill you.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 11:58 am

That is good memory. You are exactly right though, in RE6 there is no need to hide. If anything the lockers should be for the monsters to hide in.

Speaking of Outbreak. I really enjoyed how it used the same type of inventory system as the original games and all inventory management took place in real time in the game. That aspect added so much to the game. If you reloaded 12 bullets into your handgun, you had to wait while they slid 12 into the clip. The item management was very well done in those games. I can not say the same for the AI though..
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 12:48 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:

I just always associate the Elza Walker pic with Shrike. It's whatever though, everyone has to change their avy sometimes. Unless you are NiteKrawler.

Haha, I'll keep that in mind.

Spike Reaver wrote:
Why is having parasites in the RE universe in addition to viruses a bad idea? Can Umbrella scientists not research and create BOWs with parasites and viruses?

Ganados are not so different from your typical zombie. More intelligent than your average zombay? Yes, but still mindlessly and savagely trying to kill you. They are vicious, and there is some horror, at least just as, if not even more, in mindlesslely enraged Ganados screaming, breaking down the doors and trying to murder you with some pretty old-school weapons like pitchforks, hatchets, chainsaws.

As I said, nothing against Ganados as a standalone idea. It's very horror-like, actually. It's like having many killers on the loose, and they all are much tougher than a normal human, so it does sound vicious.
My gripe with the Las Plagas is that it felt completely alien in a RE world where we already had a few viruses which could have been used effectively. The standard zombies were depicted very awesomely in RE, and while people may say that we needed new enemies - we didn't - because many people say that their favorite BOW is a - zombie. Zombies invoke the feel of tragedy in sadness that Las Plagas could never do. You are, for example, reading a diary of a random guy who had his normal life going on until he started feeling that itch and you know that he is now walking around somewhere along with those hordes, lost forever. His family maybe eaten by his own self.
Las Plagas, on the other hand, just make... enemies, you know? These guys might have had families and shit but they sure don't invoke those feelings while I am shooting them because 1)there are way too many of them, the population of that village is bigger than any village I have ever seen 2)no diaries, no explaining their stories closed to the player 3)they speak and 4)they are being controlled. The zombies are almost numb and they walk around without any cause or purpose.
I hope you realize what am I trying to say. So, I don't think the Las Plagas were a bad idea - I actually think it was great - but I wouldn't have ever mixed them with Resident Evil. Again, just my feelings about it (I am a writer after all, I dive into that world headfirst).

Spike Reaver wrote:
Crossbows? They aren't so bad, but I really enjoyed the entire village and castle parts of RE4. It wasn't until the island later on that it got a little more frantic with tons of enemies shooting at you and armed with stun rods and stuff. But because of the fun story, including the stuff with Krauser and Ada, I didn't mind it too much.

As I said in the other thread, I loved the village + castle parts of RE4. That said, I completely agree beside the story part - I just find RE4's story too weak (though Krauser was a good character)

Spike Reaver wrote:
I prefer T zombies over the C zombies from RE6, but I still enjoy RE6's C-virus zombies. I actually really like pretty much all of the creature design in RE6. Some of the best in the whole series I think, well some. Obviously not Ubistvo, although it wouldn't have been so bad if we didn't have to fight it multiple times, and Simmon's mutations, while cool, just got to be annoying because he wouldn't take the hint and just die. The zombies in RE6 were cool. It's super cool to walk up to a crowd of zombies, grab one's torch and break it on the zombies head, then counter the next zombie and gut him with the knife, then pick the next one up and throw him head first into a couple of others.

I dunno, while I liked the monsters of RE6 generally, I found that the game itself is far from good, and the said monsters couldn't be fought against like I would have liked it, especially the zombies. Going into them all Miyamoto Musashi style is what I disliked the most, because their strength should be the numbers, but you easily melee them in RE6 even if there are more of them around so yeah, RE6 is definitely not my thing. I like my main character to be afraid more than him banging heads left and right like a true Mary Sue.

Spike Reaver wrote:
I remember that damn room where you have to turn that crank, and then have Ashley turn two in an area you can't get to while you try to cover her from afar from the Illuminados. I died so many times.

Oh shit, that is the worst room in RE4! Especially when they one-shot Ashley and you have to start over. It's so frustrating. I definitely died the most there. I call it "The room of the night". There is one other "the room of the night" and it's in RE1. In lab, there is a room were you need to take the MO Disc and use it on the machine. In that room there are 4 zombies, and when I did knife run, I couldn't evade them all like I expected and died. Wanted to smash the console to pieces =D

Spike Reaver wrote:
I don't know if you don't like the Parasites or Intelligent enemies, but either way, we will and have had intelligent enemies in the RE series well before RE4. Nemesis, Alexia(I guess), Mr. X, Alfred(who snipes at you during CVX at points). And I have mentioned that Nemesis was the first enemy to use a Parasite, and a Rocket Launcher. Forget pitchforks and hatchets, he went straight to a Rocket Launcher.

Those are all bosses, it's different with them. They should be fearsome and badass. Now, if a random Joe shoots the RL at me, I definitely won't find it special.

Spike Reaver wrote:
RE4 implemented plenty of action to the series in it's own right, but then again, RE3 and CVX each added way more action than their predecessors. And many of those action features have continued to be used in the series even up to this day.

When you mention RE3, I love the Gun Powders thing. It's really too bad that it was never used again because it was very fun and interesting to mix those. You could get all kinds of things.

On another note, I love how RE4 had some many different and fun weapons. While I like having very little weapons for the fear factor, RE4 went for the action more than survival horror, so I loved that we at least got so many interesting guns and upgrades for those.

Spike Reaver wrote:
I have problems with the enemies in RE too, I certainly don't just eat up whatever Cacpcom throws at us, but I don't think the Ganados deserve to be thrown into a category such as the one that holds enemies like Spec Ops(ORC), Base Majini(RE5), military J'avo(RE6), and just other intolerably annoying projectile based enemies. Vicious and mindless villagers and creepy chanting Illuminados IMO are cool and scary, like the beginning of RE4. AK-74, bazooka, machine gun wielding enemies, such as the ones we see in RE5, RE6 and ORC, make the game not fun for me. And gun turret, helicopter, motorcycle, car chase scenes too.

Definitely agreed. Village Ganados and chanting Los Illuminados with hoods and scythes were good opponents.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 1:08 pm

If I remember, zombies were supposed to be in 4. But they were removed because things would have been too formulaic.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 2:28 pm

I would have liked a game that focused directly on the survivors going to an Umbrella lab to shut it down. We got this in Umbrella Chronicles a little with Chris and Jill. I would have liked a full fledge game in some huge underground lab, full of experiments, test subjects, viruses and all of that good stuff. It could have involved Rebecca and Barry. They could be going in to get evidence against Umbrella. Of course it all hits the fan when they get inside. :p

They could keep Revelations going and turn it into a series of flashback scenarios and fill in a lot of plot.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 3:22 pm

Ssplain wrote:
I would have liked a game that focused directly on the survivors going to an Umbrella lab to shut it down. We got this in Umbrella Chronicles a little with Chris and Jill. I would have liked a full fledge game in some huge underground lab, full of experiments, test subjects, viruses and all of that good stuff. It could have involved Rebecca and Barry. They could be going in to get evidence against Umbrella. Of course it all hits the fan when they get inside. :p

They could keep Revelations going and turn it into a series of flashback scenarios and fill in a lot of plot.
Come to think of it, I wish Umbrella's end wasn't a rail shooter type. I kinda wish it was like a LIN type playthrough.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 5:14 pm

Yes there is some tragedy in your basic zombie. I'm sure we all remember the Keepers Diary, or the love letter's some wrote to their loved ones when they knew they were infected. But don't forget the Ganados had lives too. After finishing RE4 and watching the credits with the theme, "Sorrow" playing, while seeing those sketch-like pics of the villagers, then hearing the music turn gloomy and dark as Saddler enters and takes over. We see pics of Villagers having Las Plagas forced upon them. Very tragic, and really ties the whole game together. I have Sorrow on my iPod.

And while I enjoy RE6 plenty, I have my fair share of complaints. But I'm only defending RE4 here, the one that I know doesn't deserve that same sort of bashing that RE6 recieves.

RE probably had more action than most of the RE games before it, although I wouldn't call Capcom's successful attempt at making innovative gameplay enough to warrant calling RE4 a complete action shooter. There was so much effort and detail put into the horror, and the survival of RE4 that it seems pretty balanced between horror and action. I don't see the action outweighing the survival/horror by RE4.

RE3 introduced that action dodging and explosive barrels, among other things. But RE3 is considered a "classic" and "original" RE game. Which makes sense I guess, RE3 probably deserves those titles, but RE4 doesn't deserve to be labeled as an action shooter and bashed on because its some sort of abomination. Remember RE3 on Easy? That was awful, and ten times worse than RE4 ever could be. You start with pretty much every weapon in your inventory, with way more ammo than you need. Definitely for noobs. Anyway, I suppose that's all I'm trying to say.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 5:35 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:

RE3 introduced that action dodging and explosive barrels, among other things. But RE3 is considered a "classic" and "original" RE game. Which makes sense I guess, RE3 probably deserves those titles, but RE4 doesn't deserve to be labeled as an action shooter and bashed on because its some sort of abomination. Remember RE3 on Easy? That was awful, and ten times worse than RE4 ever could be. You start with pretty much every weapon in your inventory, with way more ammo than you need. Definitely for noobs. Anyway, I suppose that's all I'm trying to say.
If you ask me, the action sense started as early as RE2. Automatic weapons, weapon upgrades, actually having bullets left over when fighting aggressively.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 5:43 pm

RE2 introduced some more action than its predecessor, but RE3 feels so much more action-like than RE2. Even in just the movement of the character. Not that I find it worth complaining about at all, just pointing it out.

Keep mind that re4 still uses tank-like controls too, even if it is OTS. Which seems like a fair move considering Capcoms previous RE games, Survivor, Dead Aim, and even some FPS view in CVX with the sniper. RE5 made the default controls the "shooter" controls, which carried over into RE6 and are even in ORC and RER.

I'm actually curious Shrike, do you play the default control scheme in RE5(6, RER, ORC) or do you change it so that they play like Classic RE?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 5:48 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
I know doesn't deserve that same sort of bashing that RE6 recieves.
It really should deserve more. Also, I before E except after C.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 3:48 am

Back to the RE7 drawing board:
Limited ammo, conventional weaponry w/limited firepower. Use the everyday items around, like bricks, knives, shards of glass, and maybe that Rifle you just found ammo for.

Chaos: The main area will be chaotic, but hopefully you can discover what the heck is going on through searchable files, radio broadcast's, and fellow survivor's. Watch out though, some of these people may hide dark secrets...

Loose ends: There is almost no way you'll be able to see what happens to everyone that has survived this far (or has eemingly done so) in one playthrough. Pay close attention to the people around you, and be in certain places at certain times.

A rather punishing checkpoint system: No more 'continue at point A' bulls***; instead, you gotta find a place to save, at a place made for you to save at. Sure you can continue from your last save, but where was your last save?

Multiple endings: depending on where you go, who you save, and just what you accomplish can give you multiple endings, ranging from really good to really bad.

The main character I believe should be Claire Redfield. She is on vacation in the real-life city of Miami, Forida. While inside her hotel room, a message plays over the TV stating that the U.S. government pay 1,000,000,000 to a disclosed bank account, or they'll attack a random city in the US every 30 minutes that they do not recieve the money after the broadcast. After the message stops, Claire hears panicking down the hall. Police are seen outside a nearby window looking for any suspicious person related with the Broadcast. Claire opens up a suitcase that was lying under her bed. Under a small stack of clothing, she takes out her trademark red vest, which she still keeps as a momento, and a Browning HP. A police officer knocks on the door for a mandatory security check due to the situation. The officer is Kevin Ryman. He will be a support character for the game. Shortly after the two meet, screaming is heard outside, and inside the hotel as well. Claire looks outside the window, and see's the familiar carnage that has been seen rather consistantly in her life. She runs to shut and lock the door, and this is where it is up to you to proceed onwards...
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 4:21 am

PWNERX wrote:
Limited ammo, conventional weaponry w/limited firepower. Use the everyday items around, like bricks, knives, shards of glass, and maybe that Rifle you just found ammo for.

Chaos: The main area will be chaotic, but hopefully you can discover what the heck is going on through searchable files, radio broadcast's, and fellow survivor's. Watch out though, some of these people may hide dark secrets...

Loose ends: There is almost no way you'll be able to see what happens to everyone that has survived this far (or has eemingly done so) in one playthrough. Pay close attention to the people around you, and be in certain places at certain times.

A rather punishing checkpoint system: No more 'continue at point A' bulls***; instead, you gotta find a place to save, at a place made for you to save at. Sure you can continue from your last save, but where was your last save?

Multiple endings: depending on where you go, who you save, and just what you accomplish can give you multiple endings, ranging from really good to really bad.

The main character I believe should be Claire Redfield. She is on vacation in the real-life city of Miami, Forida. While inside her hotel room, a message plays over the TV stating that the U.S. government pay 1,000,000,000 to a disclosed bank account, or they'll attack a random city in the US every 30 minutes that they do not recieve the money after the broadcast. After the message stops, Claire hears panicking down the hall. Police are seen outside a nearby window looking for any suspicious person related with the Broadcast. Claire opens up a suitcase that was lying under her bed. Under a small stack of clothing, she takes out her trademark red vest, which she still keeps as a momento, and a Browning HP. A police officer knocks on the door for a mandatory security check due to the situation. The officer is Kevin Ryman. He will be a support character for the game. Shortly after the two meet, screaming is heard outside, and inside the hotel as well. Claire looks outside the window, and see's the familiar carnage that has been seen rather consistantly in her life. She runs to shut and lock the door, and this is where it is up to you to proceed onwards...

If you want limited ammo, just don't pickup the ammo enemies drop or from barrels/crates. It's not like you're forced to do it.

I think you might know this, but checkpoints were introduced as early as Code Veronica. It was all over the place, but they had them after you died. I wouldn't mind having to save one my own though.

Maybe the environment would be like how Leon's chapter 1 was in the main city.

They said that Chris' campaign had multiple endings planned. One of which would kill Chris. They should've kept that if they wanted to add re playability. Multiple endings is what made me like RE1 and 3 even more. Though it'd still be nice if we had a game showing RE1's actual canon ending with a "show don't tell" system/

Claire should definitely come back. Her last game was a good 13 years ago. Though I'm sure someone at GameSpot's gonna complain about her dodge rolling and moving while shooting and say that it's too "action like" despite having a horror atmosphere. I'm still hoping they have multiple scenarios. It's what made me like RE2 and 6 moreso. The "attack a city every 30 minutes" concept would be a good way to introduce that.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 11:58 am

Spike Reaver wrote:

I'm actually curious Shrike, do you play the default control scheme in RE5(6, RER, ORC) or do you change it so that they play like Classic RE?

I played them all on PC and I played them on default and just changed inventory button, "come on!" to Sheva button and the action button (for opening doors, talking, using shit etc). This is because inventory was on "E" button, and "come on!" button was on "V" and the action was on "F". So when I needed to dodge, it was easy if it required "A" + "D", but if it asked for "F" +"V" (see where they are are), it was very hard to dodge it fast so I put that dodge to be on "Q" and "E" and inventory on "F".
Whenever I play RE4 on joypad on PC though, I always play with the classic RE controls because I like them the best. Maybe I am just used to it, but I prefer them.

PWNERX wrote:

That isn't bad at all.

Nobudy wrote:

If you want limited ammo, just don't pickup the ammo enemies drop or from barrels/crates. It's not like you're forced to do it.

I hate when people say that. It's not like I am doing a knife run. Is it too much to ask to have limited ammo than to find ammo in every corner of every room in the game? I am asking for actual difficulty and "survival" aspect, it would be really stupid if I just stopped picking up items on my first playthrough when I don't even know what's up ahead. If the game is easy enough (like RE2), of course I will say that it's difficulty sucks. It's fun to note here that while RE2 was very easy because it had more pickups than 1, 3 and CV, it had the hardest beginning. I understand why RE2 had so many pickups though. Many of them were hidden and many people who are new to the game might have problems with the number of enemies (RE2 had significantly more enemies than RE1) and I doubt the new gamers could use the weapons efficiently. New gamers need quite a few tries to get to the station alone. Then, if they get past the Licker, they will be alright. Possibly. I dislike 2's unbalanced difficulty, but I still think 1 3 and CV are fairly well balanced. RE4 had maybe the best balance in difficulty and RE5 was okay. RE6 was idiotic even with things such as balance because of the "full health" thing on every checkpoint bar on No Hope, which again sucks because it's completely annoying and not difficult.

Nobudy wrote:
Multiple endings is what made me like RE1 and 3 even more. Though it'd still be nice if we had a game showing RE1's actual canon ending with a "show don't tell" system/

I like that, too. Multiple endings should happen in every RE.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 12:14 pm

Nobudy wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

I think you might know this, but checkpoints were introduced as early as Code Veronica. It was all over the place, but they had them after you died. I wouldn't mind having to save one my own though.

Maybe the environment would be like how Leon's chapter 1 was in the main city.

They said that Chris' campaign had multiple endings planned. One of which would kill Chris. They should've kept that if they wanted to add re playability. Multiple endings is what made me like RE1 and 3 even more. Though it'd still be nice if we had a game showing RE1's actual canon ending with a "show don't tell" system/

Claire should definitely come back. Her last game was a good 13 years ago. Though I'm sure someone at GameSpot's gonna complain about her dodge rolling and moving while shooting and say that it's too "action like" despite having a horror atmosphere. I'm still hoping they have multiple scenarios. It's what made me like RE2 and 6 moreso. The "attack a city every 30 minutes" concept would be a good way to introduce that.

In an ever-changing environment, even a Police station would be fully raided within mere hours. If you are fast enough to get there, you might get a boost on ammo. BUT, imagine who might try to stop you. Obviously, the infection is again water-based (RE2/3), and clearly it is gonna be difficult to catch the culprit. I will research a possible last-alive antagonist, but expect plenty of twist's.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 4:47 pm

@Shrike, well that's a little different since you playing with a keyboard.

I was asking however, because I think I am Literally the only Being in this universe that actually sets my controls to play like Classic RE in the games were default are Shooter controls. I play on console though. I just can't play with the shooter controls, and refuse to. Call me picky, but I'm just staying true to RE.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 5:00 pm

I would play the same for sure. As I said, I play RE4 classic style.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 5:04 pm

Finally! Someone who understands!

But for the record, RE4 only plays classic style. The only adjustments you can make are pretty much the option of playing with your aiming inverted. Unless you count the Wiimote/nunchuk combo for the Wii Edition.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 5:08 pm

If it wouldn't be too hard to dodge in the QTE, I would not think about changing anything. I love the controls of RE2/RE3 the most. So classic, yet still very easy to use. 1 and CV were fine, too, but I prefer my inventory on O then on Start button.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 1:38 pm

UPDATES!!!:
RESIDENT EVIL 7: THE FINAL CHAPTER

[01].Controls:

Resident Evil 7 is played in a 3rd person style system similar to previous Resident Evil games recently.
HOWEVER, there is no HUD. To view ammunition, keys, and weaponry, or Health status, you must enter the
ITEM SCREEN. This is a 8-slot screen with a personal item in the upper right hand corner, above slot '2'.
This item cannot be discarded or replaced, unless game event's show doing so. On a thing bar down the left
side of ITEM SCREEN is the health indicator. Just like the original RE's, Green is fine, Yellow/Orange is
caution, Red is danger, and Purple is Poison. Along THIS bar are 4 Tabs that are labeled "Map","File",
"Partner", and "Exit". When selecting a specific item, these will be "Use","Equip","Examine", and "Leave".
As in RE 0, there are no Item Boxes. While the new 3rd person control's are still available, the original
"TANK" control's are also available. This option changes both Camera and Control's to something seen in
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. However, it will also feature the Partner System from Resident Evil 0.

[02].Partners:

In Resident Evil 7, Co-op is STILL AVAILABLE! However, this features some drawbacks to gameplay. Playing
with another Non-A.I. based partner will leave the partner vulnerable to attack when they are about to
use or equip another item, so the Co-op partner will have to protect their partner to survive. Also, item's
can be shared between these two, but not Personal Items. Each partner has specific traits and abilities, as
well as Co-op partners having entirely different controls/camera types. A normal single-player game plays
out like a game of RE 0.

[03].Story:

This is ALMOST a first for Resident Evil. In 'The Final Chapter', the story goes in the direction the player
dictates it to go. Also, time and place is an important factor for detirmining character's fates. Paying
careful attention to the details of TV/Radio broadcast's, Time/Place events, or other factor's could
reveal some secrets about what has happened to Characters from the past. For example, going to a
Police Station early in the game to stock up on supplies may be a good idea, but this can cause some possible
survivors to not have the neccessary supplies to stay alive, and not be able to help you later on. If you
wait, those supplies aren't going to be there, and there also may be a possible fight with some greedy
people occur.

[04].Cameo/Important Roles:

While not exactly what might happen, but this is a list of roles that previous tenants of RE may have in RE7:

Claire Redfield: Main Character Kevin Ryman: Main Character

Chris Redfield: BSAA Alpha Team Jill Valentine: BSAA Alpha Team
(Appears to contain Outbreak) (Appears to contain Outbreak)

Carlos Oleveira: Minor Role Leon S. Kennedy: Moderate Role
(Searching for Jill) (Searching for Claire)

Barry Burton: Moderate Role Rebecca Chambers: BSAA Bravo Team
(Asked to help Claire; by C.R.) (Only Bravo Survivor/Medical)

Nicholai Genovaef: Mod. Antagonist Alyssa Ashcroft: Minor Role
(BSAA Traitor; Bravo Team) (Still a news reporter)

Ada Wong: Unknown Role Jake Muller: Minor Role
(Unknown Role;but...) (Mentioned to be in Europe)

Sherry Birkin: Moderate Role Jim Chapman: Minor Role
(Government Agent, Investigate Outbreak)(Bus Driver)

Helena Harper: Minor Role HUNK: Major Role
(N.S.A. Agent) (Rogue Umbrella Agent)

Dr. Cameron: Major Antagonist Billy Coen: Minor Role
(Psychotic/Delusional Beast) (Seen outside of town)

Parker Luciani: Minor Role
(Mentioned to be in Africa)
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 2:30 pm

^This is too good to be true. I don't mind if the next RE game is action focused or horror focused (I like the older and newer games equally due to both having their ups and downs), but I'm not sure if the major market does.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 2:40 pm

Nobudy wrote:
^This is too good to be true. I don't mind if the next RE game is action focused or horror focused (I like the older and newer games equally due to both having their ups and downs), but I'm not sure if the major market does.

This is only my ideas. Capcom should be taking notes.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 11:08 am

PWNERX wrote:
Do we really need MORE loose ends? More like they should try to tie up the existing ones.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 4:55 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Do we really need MORE loose ends? More like they should try to tie up the existing ones.

...by loose ends, I mean PREVIOUS loose ends.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next