HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?

Go down 
+18
Cyberization
S.Winters
Vandal
Sargent D
PWNERX
Nobudy
Ssplain
Shrike
Industrial Ridden
Mass Distraction
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Known_Hero
Xannidel
White Rock
chrisredfield84
weskersbarber
RaviorStygian
Jamesy
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 3:16 pm

Shrike wrote:
Ssplain wrote:
Rebooting the series is a hot topic on here right now :p. If they do reboot there are two things I do not want to see.

1. I do not want to see Raccoon City completely rebooted. I feel it would be unecessary work. They could make so much money off of just remaking these games without wasting the time to write a new story. I know I would pay 40-50 bucks for REmake 2 and REmake 3 each. Many people would.

2. I do NOT want another Gears of Evil game. I am playing through Revelations now and I feel they have gotten it right so far.
As I said, I do not favor reboots myself, but I could see how it could be done well. For example the creator of RE3 said that he wanted Jill to meet with Leon and Ada etc but that would deviate from the story which is already established too much, so they tossed it out. It could be done very well with all those people meeting, but I am just afraid that the Raccoon City was overused, especially now with ORC (which was a really bad game) and the viral infection in 6 (which was very badly done). I didn't feel the atmosphere at all. I was just running around headless shooting at shit like a moron.
Edit: Generally, now that I think about it, huge area infections have become stale. No sense of OMG ALL THOSE PEOPLE ARE DEAD at all. For example when Leon said that he lost 70000 people in 6 I was like> Meh, who the fuck cares, the game sucks donkey scrotum for a RE title.

Exactly how I felt when Leon said that. It has happened in the past several numbered games. This is why I would like to see the next take place in one very large yet confined building. They could spend more time on character development on the survivors in the building which would be an excellent oppurtunity to bring fresh blood into the series while still using our beloved iconic characters. I honestly feel this could flourish if Claire was the protagonist!
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 6:24 pm

It would be cool if the next RE game would take place somewhere in Scandinavia, with a free roaming type of gameplay system.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 6:45 pm

Maybe the Epilogue in the Middle East with Jake is foreshadowing the next game.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 7:04 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Maybe the Epilogue in the Middle East with Jake is foreshadowing the next game.

That is a very large possibility. I was a little dissapointed with that ending though. It reminded me of Dante from DMC.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 7:23 pm

DMC is what RE4 was supposed to be, but since it deviated so much from the source they made a new game. Yeah, shocking I know. It's just that RE went anime-like even from CV, not to mention the new titles. RE6 is a anime/mega stupid B movie crossover. It all started with the people who could control a virus. Now, I do get Wesker, okay, one special character, but when they kept introducing them it just became absurd. I mean, these viruses should be the main fear factor for people, and now we have Sherry who regenerates, Jake, etc. They even thought about Leon having his arm infected and getting powers from it, but I guess they made it into Nero from DMC4. Imagine how horrible it would have been if they went with it. Jake, while being a refreshing character with somewhat good dialogue (for RE standards), isn't a good RE lead at all.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 8:06 pm

I've never played DMC. Some of this stuff was new to me.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 8:17 pm

I did not know they planned that for Leon's arm:x Thank goodness we avoided that route lol. It is really getting out of hand with our main protagonist. They really need to tone things down. Before too long the B.O.W.s will be running from us...
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 9:39 pm

Ssplain wrote:
I did not know they planned that for Leon's arm:x Thank goodness we avoided that route lol. It is really getting out of hand with our main protagonist. They really need to tone things down. Before too long the B.O.W.s will be running from us...
I thought that was just Paul Mercer's way of joking around. On camera, he was a total goofball. Which I did appreciate.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 4:39 am

I thirst for RE3.5 as much as I thirst for RE1.5 and more. The game, while having paranormal events which is more SHish than REish, had a great horror atmosphere and was supposed to be the scariest RE to date. Leon's hallucinations were thoroughly explained though, so it wasn't really paranormal and wouldn't deviate far from the original concept of RE as it would also feature Claire and Chris and of course T virus and the zombies.

Here is a part of the text from Wikipedia>

Wikipedia wrote:

Scrapped versions ("Resident Evil 3.5")
First hinted at in early December 1999,[24] Resident Evil 4, which has been originally planned to be the final installment of the series, underwent a lengthy development time during which four proposed versions of the game were discarded.[25] Initially developed for the PlayStation 2, the first attempt was directed by Hideki Kamiya after producer Shinji Mikami requested him to create a new entry in the Resident Evil series.[26] Around the turn of the millennium,[27] regular series writer Noboru Sugimura created a scenario for the title,[28] based on Kamiya's idea to make a "cool" and "stylish" action game.[29] The story was based on unraveling the mystery surrounding the body of protagonist Tony,[30] an invincible man with skills and an intellect exceeding that of normal people, with his superhuman abilities explained with biotechnology.[27] As Kamiya felt the playable character did not look brave and heroic enough in battles from a fixed angle, he decided to drop the prerendered backgrounds from previous installments and instead opted for a dynamic camera system.[26] This new direction required the team to make a trip to Europe, where they spent 11 days in the United Kingdom and Spain, photographing things like Gothic statues, bricks, and stone pavements for use in textures.[31][32] Though the developers tried to make the "coolness" theme fit into the world of Resident Evil,[33] Mikami felt it strayed too far from the series' survival horror roots and gradually convinced all of the staff members to make the game independent from it. Kamiya eventually rewrote the story to be set in a world full of demons and changed the hero's name to Dante.[27] The cast of characters remained largely identical to that in Sugimura's scenario,[34] although the hero's mother[35] and his father,[36] the latter an early version of Umbrella founder Lord Ozwell E. Spencer,[37][38] were written out of the story. The game's new title was revealed as Devil May Cry, released for the PlayStation 2 in November 2000,[39] resulting in its own franchise.
Development on Resident Evil 4 started over at the end of 2001.[40] The first official announcement of the game was made in November 2002, as one of five games exclusively developed for the Nintendo GameCube by Capcom Production Studio 4.[41][42] This revision, commonly dubbed the "fog version", was directed by Hiroshi Shibata[43] and was 40 percent finished at that time.[44] The game saw Leon S. Kennedy desperately struggling to survive[43] after having infiltrated the castle-like Umbrella's main headquarters located in Europe and featured traditional Resident Evil monsters such as zombies.[25][45][46] During the course of the new story which was again written by Sugimura's scenario creation company Flagship,[47] Leon became infected with the Progenitor Virus and possessed a hidden power in his left hand.[25][48][49] The producer of the final version also pointed out that Ashley did not appear back then, though there was a different girl who was never revealed to the public.[25] The game was to feature some first-person perspective gameplay elements.[50]

At E3 2003, another revision was revealed that is widely known as the "hook man version" now,[51] though officially titled Maboroshi no Biohazard 4 (幻の「バイオハザード4」?, lit. "Hallucination Biohazard 4") on the Biohazard 4 Secret DVD. During Mikami's introduction of the trailer, he assured that development was proceeding very smoothly and claimed the game to be scarier than ever before, warning gamers with the quote "Don't pee your pants!"[51] The story was set in a haunted building where Leon contracted a bizarre disease and fought paranormal enemies, such as medieval suits of armor, living dolls, and a ghostlike man armed with a large hook.[45][51] The game had an otherworldly feel to it, containing elements like flashbacks and hallucinations that were marked by a bluish tint and a shaking camera.[25] It also displayed various gameplay mechanics that carried over to the final release, like the over-the-shoulder camera and a laser sight for aiming in battles and quick time events.[51] Other features, such as dialogue choices, were removed later.[25] Though ultimately scrapped, five minutes of gameplay footage for this version was released on the Biohazard 4 Secret DVD, a Japanese pre-order bonus given out in January 2005.[52]
According to the "Diary of the Madman" (the madman in question being the infected Leon progressively having more and more difficulty separating reality and hallucinations, and questioning his sanity) feature published in the dedicated UK GameCube magazine CUBE, the game would be set after the events of Resident Evil Code: Veronica, starring Leon off to rescue Sherry Birkin (a character from Resident Evil 2) from Umbrella's European facility that is the cradle of the Progenitor Virus; Chris and Claire Redfield would also play some role in the story, as would the T-virus.[53] In 2012, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis scenario writer Yasuhisa Kawamura said he was responsible for this version, as he wanted to make Biohazard 4 scarier "and suggested using a particular scene from the film Lost Souls, where the main character [...] suddenly finds herself in a derelict building with a killer on the loose. An arranged version of this idea eventually turned into Hook Man. The idea went through several iterations as Mr Sugimura and I carefully refined this world (which, I have to say, was very romantic). Leon infiltrates the castle of Spencer seeking the truth, while inside a laboratory located deep within, a young girl wakes up. Accompanied by a BOW [an abbrevation for "Bio-Organic Weapon" in the series' lore] dog, the two start to make their way up the castle. Unfortunately, there were many obstacles that needed to be overcome and the cost of development was deemed too expensive." Kawamura added he was very sorry and "even ashamed" that Mikami had to step in and scrap this version.[54] After this attempt, the last canceled revision featured classic zombies again. However, it was discontinued after few months, and before it was ever shown to the public, as the developers felt it was too formulaic.[25]
Some of the assets from the scrapped versions were carried over to the final version of the game and some went into Capcom's 2004's PlayStation 2 survival horror release Haunting Ground.[53] The idea of the Progenitor Virus was later re-used in Resident Evil 5 (its source changed to Africa) and the Spencer Estate became the setting for Resident Evil 5 DLC pack "Lost in Nightmares" (featuring Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine[55]). A grown-up Sherry Birkin eventually returned in Resident Evil 6, which is also featuring a first-person perspective sequence.[56]

Also, it says for the final version that "the development team felt depressed and were hard to motivate after the focus of the game shifted from horror to action". Understandable. They had to start all over.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 9:25 am

Oh thanks for sharing, that was an interesting read. I do like the idea that Leon would have went to Spencer's castle for answers and the concept of Leon hallucinating and loosing some of his sanity. That could be a reality for any of the survivors of the events in the series. Don't get me wrong, I love RE4's atmosphere! I think the story could have taken a much better direction though. I do not care much for the plaga or where that concept has taken us.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 10:10 am

Spencer's castle >>> random midget castle. The story of RE4 is the worst RE story to date and it had even less sense than 6 (which is hard), so the scrapped version sounds like Dostoevsky compared to what we got from Mikami. The plaga were pretty terrible addition to the story, if you ask me. Now that I think about it, the worst thing about RE storyline actually. The viruses were much more than enough, because we already had T, G, and T-Veronica by that time, but as I mentioned earlier somewhere else, the Japanese are obsessed with making a new virus every game, it's their manga/anime trend, which, I don't get how they never realized, sucks ass in a story which is more mature and complex than a standard Shounen manga.

Additionally, I would have loved to see the little girl and her BOW dog ascend the castle while Leon is going down. Oh, and rescuing Sherry >>>>>>>>> rescuing a daughter of a president. It's like I am watching the worst movie of 80s when playing RE4, Jesus Christ.

I cannot complain much about the gameplay though. RE4 was still a great game despite me loving the horror approach far more than the action (thus I would prefer RE3.5 of course).
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 11:34 am

Lol exactly. The story was terrible, but the gameplay was so revolutionary that the story was easily tolerated. Could you imagine if the story was done properly? It may have been the greatest game of all time!

RE 1,2,4 were each extremely successful and Revelations is doing very well right now for a handheld port. Maybe they will take inspiration from these looking forward.
Back to top Go down
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 12:33 pm

How about something like the Last of Us and fallout. But not quite so desolate. Just like a good mixture of both, nothing boring. Not too much city, and not too much forest. But have a good story and good characters. I think it'd be cool to make your own character and stuff. And have a pick of different outfits and clothing. (There goes my girliness) It'd be interesting to have a open world. 
Back to top Go down
Cyberization
Zombie
Zombie
Cyberization

Playstation Network MrOutside-

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 1:57 pm

S.Winters wrote:
How about something like the Last of Us and fallout. But not quite so desolate. Just like a good mixture of both, nothing boring. Not too much city, and not too much forest. But have a good story and good characters. I think it'd be cool to make your own character and stuff. And have a pick of different outfits and clothing. (There goes my girliness) It'd be interesting to have a open world.

I'm only about halfway through The Last of Us right now, but yeah, it has a lot of things which RE could benefit from. Having it set in a city post-outbreak, with survivor camps and infected zones could be very cool. Also, the stealth aspects of TLoU are done incredibly well, and go hand-in-hand with classic survival horror gameplay. Having to slowly stealth your way through a pack of infected (or worse) without being spotted racks up the tension. So that's something I'd like to see in a future RE. Smile

Although I'm not sure about it being open world. I have a feeling the story and pacing would suffer. It's way too easy for the focus of a game to get lost when it's open world I think. RE storylines have a pretty severe lack of focus when it comes to the storyline anyway, so I don't think going open world would solve any problems.
Back to top Go down
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Cyberization wrote:
Although I'm not sure about it being open world. I have a feeling the story and pacing would suffer. It's way too easy for the focus of a game to get lost when it's open world I think. RE storylines have a pretty severe lack of focus when it comes to the storyline anyway, so I don't think going open world would solve any problems.
Maybe a small open world. Nah. Maybe that wouldn't be ok. But TLoU's world is a good idea to build from. I mean you have plenty to explore but it keeps you from wandering too far from the path. 

They did manage to make a beautiful game there. Maybe Capcom can follow suit. 
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 6:03 pm

If MGS5 is going to be as awesome as it looks, I'll be open to the idea.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:51 pm

I miss your old avy Shrike. 

And wait, what was so bad about the parasites? RE3 introduced the NE Alpha Parasite into RE. Parasite + Tyrant = Nemesis / Parasite + Human = Ganado. And I liked the Ganados. It wasn't until we had enemies shooting at us with AK-74's that the parasites became a bit annoying. But the beginning of RE4 in the village always was and always will be Awesome.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 12:01 am

Very true. I will never forget my first playthrough of that village. Thinking that there was a lot of people, but that it was too early for anything huge to happen. Boy was I wrong.. and that chainsaw, that must have been cutting edge technology for that village!
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 12:06 am

Sometimes people overlook and forget about the cool and scary stuff in RE4. Hearing the Ganados banging on the door trying to break in so they can euthanize you, and yes, the chainsaw. The chainsaw was so unforgettable that every RE game since has implimented them pretty much.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 12:39 am

They really have overused the chainsaws. They are not nearly as frightning when you have someone covering your back in multiplayer either. But my first trip to that village will always stand out as one of my most intense gaming memories! RE4 may have not had the best story of the series, but it definitely did a lot right.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 5:40 am

Spike Reaver wrote:
I miss your old avy Shrike. 

And wait, what was so bad about the parasites? RE3 introduced the NE Alpha Parasite into RE. Parasite + Tyrant = Nemesis / Parasite + Human = Ganado. And I liked the Ganados. It wasn't until we had enemies shooting at us with AK-74's that the parasites became a bit annoying. But the beginning of RE4 in the village always was and always will be Awesome.

I know it was cool, but I dunno, it was kind of... girly? Maybe I will use it again someday.

The idea behind the parasites was great and it would have been an awesome standalone horror game independent from RE franchise. But, when having already a few viruses, inventing parasites in the same world is just bad bad decision. Nemesis was a very unique BOW and his parasite might have been made with mixing something with T-virus. Basically, the zombies is what RE brought in the big light. Real, slow zombies who are brain dead and eat flesh. Ganados are completely different type of creatures. While, as I said, they are generally a great idea, they aren't zombies. Their use of modern weapons is the worst thing that could happen in a series such as RE. The horror completely vanishes from sight and becomes a clean shooter.

Spike Reaver wrote:
Sometimes people overlook and forget about the cool and scary stuff in RE4. Hearing the Ganados banging on the door trying to break in so they can euthanize you, and yes, the chainsaw. The chainsaw was so unforgettable that every RE game since has implimented them pretty much.

As I said above, I agree that they are fun (without shooting at you). I am not overlooking cool stuff from RE4, I praise the gameplay and even the atmosphere (it's not what 1 2 and 3 was, but it also has horror atmosphere which vanished from 5 and 6). And while I might not like 4 as much as the original 3 and CV, RE4 is a great game. The inventory was great, weapons were awesome, and the upgrades were fun (even though I do not support having a merchant and gathering cash in a RE game). It was still a great experience. I finished 4 more then 10 times for sure (I'd say 12ish, and I always insist on play on Professional without those extra weapons with infinite ammo or whatever because I hate those, I always play the most hardcore difficulty). I give praise where it's due. The chainsaw was fun until you get an Ubistvo from RE6 with chainsaw implemented in it's flesh. Just... what the fuck man. Same goes for enemies with other weapons. In RE6, not only there are J'avo who can shoot like a military, but even fucking zombies can shoot from guns. Terrible, terrible.

Ssplain wrote:
They really have overused the chainsaws. They are not nearly as frightning when you have someone covering your back in multiplayer either. But my first trip to that village will always stand out as one of my most intense gaming memories! RE4 may have not had the best story of the series, but it definitely did a lot right.

I agree completely. The village in RE4 was an unforgettable experience, no matter how much the game went for action.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 2:26 am

Shrike wrote:
I know it was cool, but I dunno, it was kind of... girly? Maybe I will use it again someday.

I just always associate the Elza Walker pic with Shrike. It's whatever though, everyone has to change their avy sometimes. Unless you are NiteKrawler.

Shrike wrote:
The idea behind the parasites was great and it would have been an awesome standalone horror game independent from RE franchise. But, when having already a few viruses, inventing parasites in the same world is just bad bad decision. Nemesis was a very unique BOW and his parasite might have been made with mixing something with T-virus. Basically, the zombies is what RE brought in the big light. Real, slow zombies who are brain dead and eat flesh. Ganados are completely different type of creatures. While, as I said, they are generally a great idea, they aren't zombies. Their use of modern weapons is the worst thing that could happen in a series such as RE. The horror completely vanishes from sight and becomes a clean shooter.

Why is having parasites in the RE universe in addition to viruses a bad idea? Can Umbrella scientists not research and create BOWs with parasites and viruses?

Ganados are not so different from your typical zombie. More intelligent than your average zombay? Yes, but still mindlessly and savagely trying to kill you. They are vicious, and there is some horror, at least just as, if not even more, in mindlesslely enraged Ganados screaming, breaking down the doors and trying to murder you with some pretty old-school weapons like pitchforks, hatchets, chainsaws.

Crossbows? They aren't so bad, but I really enjoyed the entire village and castle parts of RE4. It wasn't until the island later on that it got a little more frantic with tons of enemies shooting at you and armed with stun rods and stuff. But because of the fun story, including the stuff with Krauser and Ada, I didn't mind it too much.

Shrike wrote:
As I said above, I agree that they are fun (without shooting at you). I am not overlooking cool stuff from RE4, I praise the gameplay and even the atmosphere (it's not what 1 2 and 3 was, but it also has horror atmosphere which vanished from 5 and 6). And while I might not like 4 as much as the original 3 and CV, RE4 is a great game. The inventory was great, weapons were awesome, and the upgrades were fun (even though I do not support having a merchant and gathering cash in a RE game). It was still a great experience. I finished 4 more then 10 times for sure (I'd say 12ish, and I always insist on play on Professional without those extra weapons with infinite ammo or whatever because I hate those, I always play the most hardcore difficulty). I give praise where it's due. The chainsaw was fun until you get an Ubistvo from RE6 with chainsaw implemented in it's flesh. Just... what the fuck man. Same goes for enemies with other weapons. In RE6, not only there are J'avo who can shoot like a military, but even fucking zombies can shoot from guns. Terrible, terrible.

I prefer T zombies over the C zombies from RE6, but I still enjoy RE6's C-virus zombies. I actually really like pretty much all of the creature design in RE6. Some of the best in the whole series I think, well some. Obviously not Ubistvo, although it wouldn't have been so bad if we didn't have to fight it multiple times, and Simmon's mutations, while cool, just got to be annoying because he wouldn't take the hint and just die. The zombies in RE6 were cool. It's super cool to walk up to a crowd of zombies, grab one's torch and break it on the zombies head, then counter the next zombie and gut him with the knife, then pick the next one up and throw him head first into a couple of others.

We can all agree that RE6 doesn't do a great job with the horror, but it is sure as hell fun. And the co-op, while doesn't belong in the story, is still some of the best cooperative gameplay I have ever played. RE5 didn't do a great job with the horror either, it was intense at times for sure, and was fun as hell. RE4 had the horror, and playing Pro for the first time, I know the survival aspect was in full effect. I remember that damn room where you have to turn that crank, and then have Ashley turn two in an area you can't get to while you try to cover her from afar from the Illuminados. I died so many times.

I don't know if you don't like the Parasites or Intelligent enemies, but either way, we will and have had intelligent enemies in the RE series well before RE4. Nemesis, Alexia(I guess), Mr. X, Alfred(who snipes at you during CVX at points). And I have mentioned that Nemesis was the first enemy to use a Parasite, and a Rocket Launcher. Forget pitchforks and hatchets, he went straight to a Rocket Launcher.

Ssplain wrote:

I agree completely. The village in RE4 was an unforgettable experience, no matter how much the game went for action.

RE4 implemented plenty of action to the series in it's own right, but then again, RE3 and CVX each added way more action than their predecessors. And many of those action features have continued to be used in the series even up to this day.

I have problems with the enemies in RE too, I certainly don't just eat up whatever Cacpcom throws at us, but I don't think the Ganados deserve to be thrown into a category such as the one that holds enemies like Spec Ops(ORC), Base Majini(RE5), military J'avo(RE6), and just other intolerably annoying projectile based enemies. Vicious and mindless villagers and creepy chanting Illuminados IMO are cool and scary, like the beginning of RE4. AK-74, bazooka, machine gun wielding enemies, such as the ones we see in RE5, RE6 and ORC, make the game not fun for me. And gun turret, helicopter, motorcycle, car chase scenes too.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 8:11 am

So, nobody likes the Axis of Paradox idea? Awww mannn. It took 3 minutes for that idea.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 8:14 am

PWNERX wrote:
So, nobody likes the Axis of Paradox idea? Awww mannn. It took 3 minutes for that idea.
If anyone else but you mentioned it, consider it lame.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 9:20 am

Ssplain wrote:
They are not nearly as frightning when you have someone covering your back in multiplayer either.
Oh believe me, it's pretty frightening when the person you're playing with plays worse than the A.I.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next