Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE6: Free DLC

Go down 
+11
ResEvilChick
White Rock
doctorstrangesf
RaviorStygian
Vandal
00biohazard
weskersbarber
JPHERO
Nobudy
Known_Hero
Mass Distraction
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 10:59 am

Known_Hero wrote:
It was in the form of insinuated insults. Saying that people were bitching simply because they didn't see the topic from a certain perspective. Maybe I'm overreacting but I find shit like that to be very annoying.

It was a big story when capcom released a key in the form of dlc that unlocked re5 versus. Capcom is finally seeing the error in their ways, which is why they're telling the fans that re6 on disc content is free.

It wasn't insinuated at all.
I wouldn't insinuate anything, I speak my mind, If I had something to say personally to someone I would go right ahead and say it.
I was stating a fact, people where bitching.
There is no constructive points of views it was all just crying over something non relevant and something that was FREE to begin with.
I see a lot of the time now a days (especially on YouTube) people jumping in and flaming company's without even given a basis or even gaining a little knowledge on the subject.
Why argue about something you have not look into, would be like me starting going crazy over genetic research even though I clearly know nothing about or have even looked up what I was arguing against.
It's all fair and well having an opinion but at least know what you based your opinion off with facts and research.

I wouldn't say that was a big thing because they only planned for online to be co-op with other players, RE5 online was shortly introduced just before the release or just shortly after if I'm not mistaken. yes it should have been free to begin with but what's done is done, they made a mistake they have done enough to gain back the respect of fans.
I still never seen RE5 online as big as a deal anyway, the Resident Evil franchise has been in my life since 1998 so I wanted the DLC that's why I got it.
Other games I might not have been so happy about but as an avid fan I didn't mind as much.

I think now a days people are just becoming increasingly difficult, they will moan about anything.
The matter of the fact is if you dont want something, dont buy, simple but if you have opted for not getting something then why keep going on about it and moaning.
As I mentioned before Capcom are actually one of most fairest company's in today's gaming climate, we should be a little grateful to them or they will just see all the hate and think you know what ? fuck it lets just exploit our fans like Activision and other company's because our fans don't really respect us, so why should we respect them.
I know I would do the same.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 11:41 am

@Mcghie

The Versus situation wasn't a big deal for you but it pissed a lot of people off; myself included. A lot of gamers are tired of the bullshit. Give me what I paid for, that's all I want.

I can't speak for anyone else but I gave capcom credit for releasing this content for free. However, the fact that they have to announce that on disc content will be released for free is where my gripe lies. Free on disc content should be the standard. It only appears that I'm singling out capcom because this is a RE forum but the gaming industry as a whole is the main target. Capcom is just one of the many offenders.

No offense but I'm a bit disappointed by your "we should be a little grateful" comment. By being grateful, you are taking away your power as a consumer. This is a business relationship. Capcom needs us more than we need them. As long as capcom provides us with great products, consumers will continue sending money their way. If Capcom doesn't meet our standards then we will take our money elsewhere. Capcom should be grateful that their fan base still continues to support them despite the constant nickel and diming.

You may think Capcom is fair but I disagree. This is why I said this discussion is pointless because none of us are going to change our perspectives. We are just going in circles.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 2:04 pm

@ Known_hero

That is the problem though, the need to point that out to make sure that people know that its free and wasn't on the disk, otherwise you will get all of this.
What is on the disk is on the disk and what is with the DLC is added AFTER the games production.

You see they don't need us more, he both do.
We as gamers need to so we can keep our loving titles in production but need our profit in order to keep producing titles.
That being said they get a serious amount of government funding so they don't just need us, we do help big time but not 100%.
I as a consumer will get the products because they do not shaft us, it's as simple as that.
They can't please everyone, there will always be some for complaints, that is said for everything in life.
The least we could do is make sure our loyalty is there because we are however fans after all ?
It's this kind of consumer attitude that actually decreased the quality in game production as people tend to trend and don't do there own thing or form there on opinion, so the whole gaming industry is a FPS heavy based melting pot and that is because we are constantly moaning about games not being like other games.
Yes take part and form your opinion to help games company's shape the game we want but that is not the case anymore.
I think games company's should not depend solely on the fans or gaming market.
I think it should revert back to the old way where company's just did there own thing and tried to at least push in a little fan input.

To see this style all you need to do is compare older games with today's games.

This is getting off the main point but all relevant however.

The simple fact is Capcom are doing things right (as of now) and hopefully they stick to there guns.

Capcom is also giving us great products as far as I can remember it's at least in the top 5 for having the best games, but fans are becoming increasingly difficult, they want this, they want that, they say it's not COD etc etc.

I dont understand today's gaming generation, peoples ideals are way of the mark now a days.
They just seem to want to compare and flame games, which doesn't help the production of future titles.
Older style was all about the gaming, enjoy being immersed in gameplay rather than some trend and competition.

This is the reason I stay away from generic titles now, only get games that are fresh and not following the usual formula.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 4:35 pm

What are the odds I'll finish this by October 27? After that, I'll need to renew my Xbox Live gold membership. I've still got 4/5 chapters to go for Chris, one for Leon and all of Jake's and Ada's too. Man, don't think I'll survive this zombie apocalypse. Sad
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 8:55 pm

Ok one question about DLC. Is the DLC put onto the disk or on the HDD of the console (Apparently none of my PC games have DLC so I'm still new to it).
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 1:18 am

White Rock wrote:
What are the odds I'll finish this by October 27? After that, I'll need to renew my Xbox Live gold membership. I've still got 4/5 chapters to go for Chris, one for Leon and all of Jake's and Ada's too. Man, don't think I'll survive this zombie apocalypse. Sad

you can make it,start playing more
dont rush trough the game trough,enjoy every
bit of it

i will have to wait until the pc version comes out
and when i receive a copy i will spent night and day playing it Smile
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 2:25 am

Lol. I'm now playing Jake and the bit on the chopper is hard. You need to shoot the missles before they reach you.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 4:50 am

Nobudy wrote:
Ok one question about DLC. Is the DLC put onto the disk or on the HDD of the console (Apparently none of my PC games have DLC so I'm still new to it).
All that you download is going to your HDD. If it is something that has to do with stuff on disc, it will merely unlock it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 10:03 am

@Mcghie

No they need us MORE than we need them. I didn't know that Capcom received Gov funding. However, it's still a business that is fueled by revenue. If Capcom stop making video games, would our consoles become useless? Sure, I love RE games but it isn't the only franchise I'm invested in. If Capcom woke up one day and said "since re6 received such bad reviews, we're going to end it here and put our efforts somewhere else", I would go off in a drunken rage for about 10 mins.......and then move on with my life. If the entire gaming community said "CrapCom Suxxx, COD FTW" and vowed to no longer buy capcom products, capcom will go out of business. It's not a equal partnership. Don't disempower yourself with this "grateful" attitude.

You said it's impossible to please everyone and I agree. I can't speak for everyone but the only thing I want is what I paid for. My demands aren't complex or impractical. I just want all the content the game was intended to have. The key word is INTENDED. Did the developers at Capcom really intend for re6 mercs to have only 3 maps? Or did the suits at capcom made the order to remove content from the game only to resell it as dlc later? Am I bitching because I want a full game? Should I just accept things like this?

"It's this kind of consumer attitude that actually decreased the quality in game production as people tend to trend and don't do there own thing or form there on opinion, so the whole gaming industry is a FPS heavy based melting pot and that is because we are constantly moaning about games not being like other games"

You're way off the mark. The gaming industry is a FPS melting pot because COD,Battlefield and Halo are 3 of the most successful games in this generation. In an attempt to piggyback off the success of those 3 games, other game companies create games that are similar in gameplay. Take RE for example: look how many survival horror games that were released because of the success of RE. What the hell is survival horror anyway? How is it even a legit genre? Those games were blatantly "inspired" by RE.

I don't think I've ever heard someone say "damn I wished (insert non fps game) was more like COD".

Another thing: gamer and consumer aren't the same thing....

Gamer cares about game related content
Consumer cares about worth of the product

Not all gamers are consumers. I said this because in that comment of yours that I quoted, you blamed consumers. I never said anything negative about the gameplay aspects of RE6. Don't group me together with gamers.

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 12:09 pm

Known_Hero wrote:
Another thing: gamer and consumer aren't the same thing....
From Wikipedia: A consumer is a person or group of people that are the final users of products and or services generated within a social system.

So, if you buy and use something, you are a consumer by default.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 11:59 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Propably .

Mass, is that a Typo?

It's kinda stupid for them to have cool stuff on the disc already, that you have to additionally pay for, but that's what Capcom's all about I guess.

I do like how their most recent projects seem to take the stuff we've been saying over the years into consideration...

Kinda makes me thing someone(Like Shinji Mikami or whoever) might even take a gander at a Forum such as this for ideas about what they should do, instead of only listening to the BS you hear from Mainstream Gamers.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 3:26 pm

Spike991 wrote:

Kinda makes me thing someone(Like Shinji Mikami or whoever) might even take a gander at a Forum such as this for ideas about what they should do, instead of only listening to the BS you hear from Mainstream Gamers.
Maybe he can read that putting faulty codes on discs is wrong.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:29 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Maybe he can read that putting faulty codes on discs is wrong.

You just aren't gonna get over that are you? lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 11:26 pm

Anybody know what patch 1.02 does?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 4:20 am

Spike991 wrote:
It's kinda stupid for them to have cool stuff on the disc already, that you have to additionally pay for, but that's what Capcom's all about I guess.
If that was to the discussion on RE DLC... No, that's not the case at all. The on disc stuff is free.

Nobudy wrote:
Anybody know what patch 1.02 does?
The most recent one? Not much, really. Propably just some minor tweaking.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 7:02 am

[i]@Known_hero
I honestly can't be bothered answering back to all that.
It seems I need to keep repeating myself and your not getting my true point of view, so on that note I'm just leaving it, a main part of my studies includes that of the game industry so I have a lot of knowledge on the matter and on business operations.
If you can't take my word for it then that's fine with me, I was telling you how it is, not how it seems.
Sometimes you just need to come at things with a open mind rather than going head over heels on things.

To answer a few of your previous questions, yes game companies receive government funding, just like every other major business that will put revue into the country.
In the UK the game's industry make over 50 million a year in revue for the country, now if that's the UK then think of how much money will be generated in other countries where the gaming market is stronger, i.e Japan.

Survival horror is a genre and was going on way before RE, it was actually after the first Alone in Dark that genre was labelled.
Then sweet home came along and Resident Evil based itself from that.

What do you mean you haven't heard anyone saying that they would like a game being like COD ?
Capcom even stated in early interviews that they where trying to cater for the COD community.
That's straight from the horses mouth.

Right lastly please, PLEASE read this properly and take this in because I have said it countless time and yet you still seem to be basing your arguiment off of it.
Resident evil DID give you what you paid, what you got was what's on the disk so why are you still up in arms about that part.
DLC and other content was not put into the game because it was an after thought or developed AFTER the release of the game, they can't add content to the game that they never produced when the game was in production now can they ?

Simple's, DLC is there because it's done after the game, NOT in the game, AFTER the game.

Now end it right there because it's like pulling teeth trying to get that point across and no matter how many times I say it people seem to always come back to that.

Reply back if you wish but I'v dropped out of this debate.
[i]
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 5:12 am

More story related DLC is OK by me. However, I'm not really fussy about the non canon sub-games and all that kind of stuff. I've still not even got around to trying the versus mode in RE5. Agent Hunt Mode sounds cool, though, cos you can just go and slay some BSAA guys.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 5:41 am

Mcghie wrote:
[i]@Known_hero
I honestly can't be bothered answering back to all that.
It seems I need to keep repeating myself and your not getting my true point of view, so on that note I'm just leaving it, a main part of my studies includes that of the game industry so I have a lot of knowledge on the matter and on business operations.
If you can't take my word for it then that's fine with me, I was telling you how it is, not how it seems.
Sometimes you just need to come at things with a open mind rather than going head over heels on things.

To answer a few of your previous questions, yes game companies receive government funding, just like every other major business that will put revue into the country.
In the UK the game's industry make over 50 million a year in revue for the country, now if that's the UK then think of how much money will be generated in other countries where the gaming market is stronger, i.e Japan.

Survival horror is a genre and was going on way before RE, it was actually after the first Alone in Dark that genre was labelled.
Then sweet home came along and Resident Evil based itself from that.

What do you mean you haven't heard anyone saying that they would like a game being like COD ?
Capcom even stated in early interviews that they where trying to cater for the COD community.
That's straight from the horses mouth.

Right lastly please, PLEASE read this properly and take this in because I have said it countless time and yet you still seem to be basing your arguiment off of it.
Resident evil DID give you what you paid, what you got was what's on the disk so why are you still up in arms about that part.
DLC and other content was not put into the game because it was an after thought or developed AFTER the release of the game, they can't add content to the game that they never produced when the game was in production now can they ?

Simple's, DLC is there because it's done after the game, NOT in the game, AFTER the game.

Now end it right there because it's like pulling teeth trying to get that point across and no matter how many times I say it people seem to always come back to that.

Reply back if you wish but I'v dropped out of this debate.
[i]

Ladies, ladies. Can't we all just get along? Sad

About the DLC, maybe I'll get it. I do need to get Live again, at the very least, so that I can change my username back to something with my name in it, Spike. Since the last time I had Live, which was only very briefly mind you, it made me change my name, so it's like Crabbynose555 or some shit and I hate it. I actually tried really hard to come up with something that had Spike in it, like SeniorSpike, HerrSpike, MonsieurSpike, etc, and believe it or not, it wouldn't take. That's some bullshit, cuz I know for a fact that nobody is using the names I tried. So I'm CrabbyNose in the meantime... T^T
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 7:51 am

Try SpikeTheDragon.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 5:05 pm

Spike991 wrote:

Ladies, ladies. Can't we all just get along? Sad

About the DLC, maybe I'll get it. I do need to get Live again, at the very least, so that I can change my username back to something with my name in it, Spike. Since the last time I had Live, which was only very briefly mind you, it made me change my name, so it's like Crabbynose555 or some shit and I hate it. I actually tried really hard to come up with something that had Spike in it, like SeniorSpike, HerrSpike, MonsieurSpike, etc, and believe it or not, it wouldn't take. That's some bullshit, cuz I know for a fact that nobody is using the names I tried. So I'm CrabbyNose in the meantime... T^T

Don't worry Spike me and Known_Hero are not hating on each other, just debating that's all Smile
Plus I did say I was dropping it because it was all getting a little much lol.

I'm sure you can think of something else with Spike in the name.
I can't personally think of anything but give Mass's "SpikeTheDragon" a go or make it Spike The Magic Dragon haha
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 3:32 am

Ada's disposable partner has been revealed! Just as someone already suggested, it's that BSAA dude from Mercenaries.

RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 Resident_evil_6_picture_121024_ada_coop_011ps3_bmp_jpgcopy
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:42 am

Mcghie wrote:
Spike The Magic Dragon
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 12:01 pm

Watch out guys. We've got an expendable over here.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 1:42 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Ada's disposable partner has been revealed! Just as someone already suggested, it's that BSAA dude from Mercenaries.

RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 Resident_evil_6_picture_121024_ada_coop_011ps3_bmp_jpgcopy

Did I call it? Or did I call it. I called the shit out of that.

My question is if the co-op partner optional? What if I just want to do single player Ada?
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 6:37 pm

What's the BSAA guy called?

And yes, he's optional.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

RE6: Free DLC
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next