Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE6: Free DLC

Go down 
+11
ResEvilChick
White Rock
doctorstrangesf
RaviorStygian
Vandal
00biohazard
weskersbarber
JPHERO
Nobudy
Known_Hero
Mass Distraction
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 8:53 am

I'm curious about who Ada's co-op partner is once the DLC is ready...
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 8:57 am

doctorstrangesf wrote:
How is this seen as positive in any way?

If It's on the disc, a disc I have paid hard earned money for, I should already have access to that content.
I knew people would complain anyway even if it was free. Oh, humanity...

The only DLC on disc are the costumes and the difficulty setting. The difficulty setting, which is free, because it needed something only accessible on disc. The costumes you can unlock through RE.net so technically, those are unlockables and not DLC. Unlockables are, by default, on disc. So, in conclusion, the only on-disc thing we have is the difficulty setting.

Ada's optional partner will be downloadable data only.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:45 am

When will the unlock able costumes be on RE.net?

Edit: Nevermind just found them there now.
Back to top Go down
doctorstrangesf
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
doctorstrangesf

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 9:57 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
doctorstrangesf wrote:

If It's on the disc, a disc I have paid hard earned money for, I should already have access to that content.

The only DLC on disc are the costumes and the difficulty setting. The difficulty setting, which is free, because it needed something only accessible on disc. The costumes you can unlock through RE.net so technically, those are unlockables and not DLC. Unlockables are, by default, on disc. So, in conclusion, the only on-disc thing we have is the difficulty setting.

Oh I'm very sorry. How dare I feel the slightest bit of indignation in the face of Capcom's benevolent mercy.

My point is that I've spent money on Resident Evil 6. Money that I really can't afford to be spending on silly things like videogames, I've got rent, food and utility bills to pay out of my meagre paycheck leaving me very little with which to indulge the passions in my life. It annoys me that there are things on disc, a disc that I've been playing in my free time pretty much non-stop since I've got it, that I have to use external means to access that content. I'm not annoyed that there's content that has to be unlocked, that's a staple of both the RE series and videogaming, I'm annoyed that in order to unlock that content I have to do something other than play the game. It's wrong.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:38 am

Not sure I get the drug addiction references. Lol. Surely we're not THAT hooked on RE. Smile

Personally, I too think it's a sham to make people pay extra money to just have everything that could have been made for unlocking. It's like trading cards: You gotta buy all the expansion packs and stuff, just to get a few extra cards so you feel like your set is complete, until they bring out the next big thing, which obviously means forking out more money. But that's how it is. Lol.

Last edited by White Rock on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:38 am

How is it wrong? Do you have any idea wha you have to do in order to get the extra costumes through RE.net? Play the game. You get RE Points through playing the game. Why on earth are you bitching about paying for rent and other expenses if the service is free, the on disc DLC is free, and the word of the day is free?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:52 am

Exactly what Mercy said. I don't understand what point there is to complain when the said content is free. You have internet access do you not? That means you can unlock the content.

It's not like I didn't have my taxes and bills to pay. That's why I'm happy that we're getting these things for free.
Back to top Go down
ResEvilChick
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
ResEvilChick

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:54 am

Can't wait to set up the internet for my PS3
Back to top Go down
doctorstrangesf
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
doctorstrangesf

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 11:24 am

I'm annoyed because if the content is already on the disc I shouldn't have to do anything other than complete the game, achieving certain parameters along the way within the game.

I shouldn't have to be jumping through extra hoops to unlock something I already own, which was what I referring to with the comment about rent/food/utilities, I've gone out of my way to give Capcom my money for the disc and the game, I own the videogame, I purchased it at full RRP. I didn't have to buy it, but when I did buy it I expected to receive access to everything that is on the disc. I shouldn't have to sign up to some external website first if it's on the disc that I can use right now. I should be able to get that content regardless of whether I have an Internet connection.

I don't care that it's free.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 11:32 am

I knew someone would start complaining again.
It's free, the content wasn't included on the disk because it was intended to be part of the DLC, they are giving you it for FREE.
First people complain about paying for DLC now they give it to us direct and people are complaining because you need to go online for it ?
This 2012 not 1998 where the internet was limited.
We all have bills and such to pay, some more than others (I'm a student and paying out the ass because I stay in the heart of Edinburgh in a town house, I'm currently to this day in £2000 of debt due to this)
I know what I'm getting into, I wanted the game so I wont complain.
They are only making you sign up to A FREE WEBSITE which (coming from a web designer) is actually amazing that they are not charging us for it.
People should really get off there high horse and show a little respect or at least put yourself in there shoes, they don't have to give us all these things for free but yet they do to make us happy but it seems people will still cry over something now a days, little ungrateful if you ask me.
Yes the site is a little buggy as of now but that will be due to amount of traffic it is receiving and it probably is the first time Capcom has done anything like this.

I would also like to point out that why are people bitching about going online to obtain DLC ?
Look up the meaning of DLC and tell me how that isn't contradictive

Back to top Go down
doctorstrangesf
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
doctorstrangesf

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 11:36 am

Mcghie wrote:
I knew someone would start complaining again.
It's free, the content wasn't included on the disk because it was intended to be part of the DLC, they are giving you it for FREE.
First people complain about paying for DLC now they give it to us direct and people are complaining because you need to go online for it ?
This 2012 not 1998 where the internet was limited.
We all have bills and such to pay, some more than others (I'm a student and paying out the ass because I stay in the heart of Edinburgh in a town house, I'm currently to this day in £2000 of debt due to this)
I know what I'm getting into, I wanted the game so I wont complain.
They are only making you sign up to A FREE WEBSITE which (coming from a web designer) is actually amazing that they are not charging us for it.
People should really get off there high horse and show a little respect or at least put yourself in there shoes, they don't have to give us all these things for free but yet they do to make us happy but it seems people will still cry over something now a days, little ungrateful if you ask me.
Yes the site is a little buggy as of now but that will be due to amount of traffic it is receiving and it probably is the first time Capcom has done anything like this.

I would also like to point out that why are people bitching about going online to obtain DLC ?
Look up the meaning of DLC and tell me how that isn't contradictive

So it's not on the disc? Fine. I was under the impression that the content was already on the disc.

For the record I'm not "bitching" about having to go online to get some DLC. Of course you have to use the Internet to access DLC. I was under the impression that that content was already on disc.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 12:28 pm

doctorstrangesf wrote:

So it's not on the disc? Fine. I was under the impression that the content was already on the disc.

For the record I'm not "bitching" about having to go online to get some DLC. Of course you have to use the Internet to access DLC. I was under the impression that that content was already on disc.

No, that's the whole reason you need to sign up to the site so you can get access to it and it will come to you as a patch update.
There isn't much difference between this content and hidden weapons in all the other Resident Evil, yes THEY came within the disk but you didn't have it from the word go.
You had to beat certain criteria to obtain such content, hence why it was bonus, it gave you a extra challenge in order to use the content.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 12:35 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Exactly what Mercy said. I don't understand what point there is to complain when the said content is free. You have internet access do you not? That means you can unlock the content.

It's not like I didn't have my taxes and bills to pay. That's why I'm happy that we're getting these things for free.
It still sucks for those who can't get the website to work with no actual help or ways of figuring out why it won't work.

My problem is that they relied on something so faulty with such awesome content such as new costumes and eventually levels. With a game as important as RE6, I don't think a crappy website that doesn't work for literally no reason for certain people (me) and is slow and glitchy for those it does work for is something that should be leaned on so much.

Basically, if they're gonna rely on a website for that stuff: make sure it works for everybody. If you get a code from the game and put in that code, it should work. It shouldn't matter what computer I'm using. Otherwise it pretty much means they put a faulty code in my copy of the game and have absolutely no plans of helping me out so that I can get the extra content like everyone else. It's just so frustrating when there isn't a reason for something not working. I know I've been complaining about this left and right but it really bugs the heck out of me that I'm gonna miss out on so much just because they cant put a working code on a disc. I'm probably never gonna be able to play on the other two maps of Mercs or play with the retro skins because of this incompetence.

If only it was just on the marketplace.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 1:26 pm

If it was on the market place, you won't have the chance to earn it with the events RE.net holds. Like Mcghie said, this is the first time Capcom is doing this and they are working out the kinks. The iOS app is garbage as of now, but I'm expecting it to pick up as time goes by.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 4:10 am

One thing I hate about RE.net is that it keeps wanting me to put in age / console verifications each visit. There's no DLC yet either, but the site is still fairly new, so maybe by Christmas we'll have something to download or earn. I'd hope so.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 5:26 am

doctorstrangesf wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
doctorstrangesf wrote:

Oh I'm very sorry. How dare I feel the slightest bit of indignation in the face of Capcom's benevolent mercy.

My point is that I've spent money on Resident Evil 6. Money that I really can't afford to be spending on silly things like videogames, I've got rent, food and utility bills to pay out of my meagre paycheck leaving me very little with which to indulge the passions in my life. It annoys me that there are things on disc, a disc that I've been playing in my free time pretty much non-stop since I've got it, that I have to use external means to access that content. I'm not annoyed that there's content that has to be unlocked, that's a staple of both the RE series and videogaming, I'm annoyed that in order to unlock that content I have to do something other than play the game. It's wrong.

i agree with this 100%,you already pay a good ammount of money
for the game,and then if you want more you have to pay for the dlc,just include it in the game already

it rewinds me of resident evil 5,its like,why didnt they just put lost in nightmares and such in the original game
but no,you have to pay more to get it,like the games arent expensive enough,and mostly when they make it exclusive to
the ps3 and xbox,wheres the love for the pc gamers?

its an annoying habit by capcom thats for shure
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 7:44 am

chrisredfielmusculo wrote:
doctorstrangesf wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
doctorstrangesf wrote:

i agree with this 100%,you already pay a good ammount of money
for the game,and then if you want more you have to pay for the dlc,just include it in the game already

it rewinds me of resident evil 5,its like,why didnt they just put lost in nightmares and such in the original game
but no,you have to pay more to get it,like the games arent expensive enough,and mostly when they make it exclusive to
the ps3 and xbox,wheres the love for the pc gamers?

its an annoying habit by capcom thats for shure
Thats funny. We were just talking about how everything that's on disc is free. Check the thread's topic name and read the posts next time.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 8:26 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
I'm probably never gonna be able to play on the other two maps of Mercs
If you mean the two unlockable maps shown as question marks in the game, those are unlocked through playing the game. You don't have to use RE.net to unlock them.

As for the costumes, I hope they still release them as DLC so people like yourself can get them.

White Rock wrote:
There's no DLC yet either, but the site is still fairly new, so maybe by Christmas we'll have something to download or earn. I'd hope so.
They do have the costume recolors on the site right now.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 12:23 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
I'm probably never gonna be able to play on the other two maps of Mercs
If you mean the two unlockable maps shown as question marks in the game, those are unlocked through playing the game. You don't have to use RE.net to unlock them.
Not the two pre-order ones. I have the three Campaign-unlocked maps and the Catacombs.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 5:32 pm

Since going into extreme detail doesn't seem to get through to most people or people lack the ability to read properly I break to some of simply.
EVERYTHING that is in the game and on disk is free, DLC is not on disk nor was it ever THAT is why it is called an ADD ON.
They produce these ADD ONS afterwards because they realise they need to give there fans something new and fresh to play from time to time.
They only ask for a small fee in return for these ADD ONS so you can enjoy such new fresh content as in example of Lost in Nightmares.
They don't have to, they could just bring a game out and give you what you have paid for and never give you the chance to have any new additions to the game but then YET AGAIN people would bitch about that.
DLC is not mandatory, if you don't want it, then don't get it, but don't cry when the game becomes boring years after release because they never decided to make extra storyline's.

Here is another help for people as well, DLC is content that wasn't ever in the game, the reason you need to download it is because it's extra coding and design to the original game, if it was on the game disk then it would be an unlockable.
Think yourself very lucky that Capcom don't go down the Activision route and ACTUALLY sell you things that are in the game already.
Evidence of this is the PC version of COD, if you check in the development coding files you come across stuff that they are bringing out on DLC, hence why most PC gamers boycott buying COD DLC because they know it was in the original coding but Activision treat there fans like jackasses and con them into buying there DLC.
They only do it because they know there fans are around the ages of 10 and 14 and can manipulate there child buyers.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 6:30 pm

I find it pretty pathetic that some posters feels the need to belittle others in order to prove their point.

It might be best to just end this discussion and agree to disagree.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 2:16 am

Mcghie wrote:
Think yourself very lucky that Capcom don't go down the Activision route and ACTUALLY sell you things that are in the game already.
That's what started this argument in the first place. Well, not on this thread but internet all together. Capcom had unlockable characters in their fighting games on disc but required you to pay for unlocking them. Propably other games too, since there has been such an outrage. Not that they would've been the only ones doing this but still.

I don't think the RE DLC was ever on disc but don't quote me on that.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 2:50 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mcghie wrote:
That's what started this argument in the first place. Well, not on this thread but internet all together. Capcom had unlockable characters in their fighting games on disc but required you to pay for unlocking them. Propably other games too, since there has been such an outrage. Not that they would've been the only ones doing this but still.

I don't think the RE DLC was ever on disc but don't quote me on that.

Yeah Marvel vs Capcom and street fighter have been exploited in order for cash but wasn't this whole debate about Resident Evil.
No your right Mass it was never on the disk.

@Known_hero - Please feel free to point out belittling as I can't see any and nor was there any.
The simple fact I never targeted a specific person claims I was speaking in a general sense.
This is a debate, me and few other members explained in FULL detail on how there was no problem as there is NONE to begin with.
Peoples main gripe is buying DLC because it was on the disk, that is untrue so obviously people are going to correct this, but it still wasn't getting through to people so I took upon it to explain in simpler detail
on the issue.
DLC = extra content not on the disk, content on the disk = everything you get on the disk + unlockables within the game.

I'm not proven a point, I'm stating a fact and I find it highly offensive that I'm being put on trial for false accusations such as "belittling" members, when in retrospect I never once targeted a member, put them down or made them feel less involved OR offended them with slanderous post's.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 7:41 am

It was in the form of insinuated insults. Saying that people were bitching simply because they didn't see the topic from a certain perspective. Maybe I'm overreacting but I find shit like that to be very annoying.

It was a big story when capcom released a key in the form of dlc that unlocked re5 versus. Capcom is finally seeing the error in their ways, which is why they're telling the fans that re6 on disc content is free.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 9:36 am

Some companies like Epic Games release DLC for their games because it's the only way for them to make money after a huge release like Gears of War, or in 2K's case, Borderlands. Capcom makes games like Dragon's Dogma and Steel Battalion, and they don't do so well. Why do people whine about DLC in the first place? Resident Evil 6 Gavin DLC is a good move for Capcom, the fact that some DLC is free is a huge plus. No one complains about Gears of War or Borderlands DLC, why is it such a big deal when it's Resident Evil 6?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE6: Free DLC   RE6: Free DLC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

RE6: Free DLC
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next