HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)

Go down 
+20
X13GHOST
Spike991
The CG
RaviorStygian
chocotricks
Jill Sandwich
The mastAH!
Lady Yuna
Methsia
00biohazard
VoyageTreader08
rawk82
White Rock
Mister Albert Wesker
weskersbarber
Mass Distraction
Known_Hero
JPHERO
Vandal
PAULSAMSON
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jill Sandwich
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Jill Sandwich

RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 8:00 am

I seriously don't get all the hate 6 is receiving. I beat chapter 1 of Leon's campaign and so far I'm really enjoying the game. The part where you're fighting with the survivors really reminded me of The Walking Dead. Professional is quite punishing imo. I died 12 times and had little to no health and ammo left, especially when it came to holding off on the rooftop until the bus came. I'm also really satisfied with the AI. Helena came to me when I needed her to revive me and she barely need saving Shocked. The only thing I don't like is the QTEs (Capcom shouldn't included them anymore, they're getting dated). Currently, I'm satisfied with my purchase.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 10:24 am

The CG wrote:
Mercy wrote:
I ran out of every single bullet I have in Chris's campaign even though I try my damnedest to conserve. That has never happened to me before. Health and ammo is so scarce. But then again, I'm playing it on Professional. I end up dying just to get my health back for certain parts.

I'm playing professional in Co-Op and normal in single player, and I run out of ammo every time I play as Chris regardless of the difficulty. Rather frustrating how I'll have 170 handgun bullets in Leon's campaign that is supposed to be based on horror and then I run out of ammo in the campaign based on action.

Really? Well are you running and gunning with Chris? I seem to be running low on ammo with Leon. Well low on health and anmo. I had quite a bit in the church, but then the boob covered gas boss fucked my ammo and grenades.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 11:03 am

Can the A.I partner die?

I don't think they could in the demo.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 12:36 pm

See Mercenaries, is there only 5 maps(including the pre order bonus maps), what is they score to beat to unlock new map/character and it it only Chris, Piers and Jake you can play with? surely there are unlockable characters?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 12:46 pm

Yeah there should be. But I can't get any higher score than a C for some reason. I use to get an S easy, it just seems that they spread the enemies and time so far away.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:34 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
See Mercenaries, is there only 5 maps(including the pre order bonus maps), what is they score to beat to unlock new map/character and it it only Chris, Piers and Jake you can play with? surely there are unlockable characters?

That's lame. I know other characters need to be unlocked but 5 maps(less if you didn't pre order)? That's weak.

Re5 mercs had 8 maps with 9 characters.

I guess more stuff will be unlocked through dlc.

EDIT: wait, can you unlock more maps?
Back to top Go down
VoyageTreader08
Zombie
Zombie
VoyageTreader08

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 3:16 pm

Did anybody who pre-ordered on Amazon NOT get the extra mercenaries map? I never got it. I'm so upset.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 3:26 pm

VoyageTreader08 wrote:
Did anybody who pre-ordered on Amazon NOT get the extra mercenaries map? I never got it. I'm so upset.

You should have got an email with the code. Check to see which email address is linked to your amazon account.
Back to top Go down
VoyageTreader08
Zombie
Zombie
VoyageTreader08

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 5:43 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
VoyageTreader08 wrote:

You should have got an email with the code. Check to see which email address is linked to your amazon account.
Thanks, I feel quite silly. When I pre-ordered ORC, the pre-order codes and what not came packaged in the game's case, there was no e-mail. Weird.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 6:18 pm

Jill Sandwich wrote:
I seriously don't get all the hate 6 is receiving. I beat chapter 1 of Leon's campaign and so far I'm really enjoying the game. The part where you're fighting with the survivors really reminded me of The Walking Dead. Professional is quite punishing imo. I died 12 times and had little to no health and ammo left, especially when it came to holding off on the rooftop until the bus came. I'm also really satisfied with the AI. Helena came to me when I needed her to revive me and she barely need saving Shocked. The only thing I don't like is the QTEs (Capcom shouldn't included them anymore, they're getting dated). Currently, I'm satisfied with my purchase.

Re6 is getting negative scores and reviews?

Anybody else having as much trouble with health as me? Fuck i can barely figure out how to heal myself. I wanna go to my inventory and use an herb, but itll only let me mix them, then crawling zombies F me up so I have to keep relying on my partner to slowly help me out.

Otherwise Holding RB seems to make Leon pop some some pills...I dont get it.

I also didnt get an instruction manual with my Re6...did anybody else's come without?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 6:34 pm

Spike991 wrote:

Anybody else having as much trouble with health as me? Fuck i can barely figure out how to heal myself. I wanna go to my inventory and use an herb, but itll only let me mix them, then crawling zombies F me up so I have to keep relying on my partner to slowly help me out.

I also didnt get an instruction manual with my Re6...did anybody else's come without?
For some reason, yes it is. I'm actually enjoying the hell out of the game.

As for healing, it took me some time to figure out. Popping a pill will heal one health block (you can check your health situation by tapping the navigation button) and using a First Aid Spray will fully heal you and your partner if he/she is close by. Mixing herbs will get you more pills than what you'd get from one herb and a mix of red/green will give you more than mixing two green. From the inventory you can add these pills to your tictac case which you can use by pressing RB.

As for the instruction booklet, I got one. How on earth was yours missing? The game was in wrappers, right?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 6:38 pm

There was a tutorial with Leon and Helena at the beginning that showed you how to heal.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 7:36 pm

I never got an Manuel either also its not herbs its tictacs
Back to top Go down
VoyageTreader08
Zombie
Zombie
VoyageTreader08

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 7:47 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Jill Sandwich wrote:

Same. Every RE game to date has had really great instruction manuels and I was quite disappointed.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 8:22 pm

I was kind of annoyed by it actually why would they not include a Manuel
Back to top Go down
The CG
Zombie
Zombie
The CG

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:24 am

I never got a directions booklet. Very odd.

@Mercy: Impossible to run and gun with Chris when I don't have any freaking ammo. lol

I have 1 chapter left with each character. Been playing it in a episodic way.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:44 am

The CG wrote:
I never got a directions booklet. Very odd.

@Mercy: Impossible to run and gun with Chris when I don't have any freaking ammo. lol

I have 1 chapter left with each character. Been playing it in a episodic way.
Yeah, what's the deal? Why doesn't RE6 come with an instruction manual?

Very true. Try the Ammo skill.

I've been playing the game episodically too! Glad I'm not the only one doing that. I have been prolonging the life of the game though. So I have three chapters for each character now.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 3:19 am

What? Am I really the only one whose game came with a manual? Sure it's only a few pages but still.

Known_Hero wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

That's lame. I know other characters need to be unlocked but 5 maps(less if you didn't pre order)? That's weak.

Re5 mercs had 8 maps with 9 characters.

I guess more stuff will be unlocked through dlc.

EDIT: wait, can you unlock more maps?
I haven't checked how many default maps there are but you can unlock two extra maps by completing the campaigns.

I'm also seeing 6 unlockable characters, listed in spoiler tags below.
Spoiler:

Then there's of course the alternative costumes you can unlock.
Back to top Go down
X13GHOST
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

Playstation Network X13GHOST

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 2:09 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
What? Am I really the only one whose game came with a manual? Sure it's only a few pages but still.

Nope I got it too. But c'mon it's resident evil. The way to play resident evil is o nthe highest difficulty WITHOUT the manual Very Happy First impressions though.. The game is FANTASTIC!
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 3:37 pm

Admit it, who died in the prelude? Twisted Evil

Even though it was bloody easy, it took me 3 seconds too long to find out how to even run properly. I've got problems talking to my sister with our headsets, so she keeps on running too near to the zombies and I cannot tell her to come be by my side. I commend the bravery, but the idea is, see a zombie, shoot from at least 20ft or run the hell away.
Back to top Go down
Lady Yuna
Zombie
Zombie
Lady Yuna

Playstation Network Yunfang1130

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 4:52 pm

I didn't get a manual either. But, I did get those decal stickers :3 . I also bought the limited edition guide that came with the BSAA, DSO, and La Vita Nouva patches. Which are pretty lol. Anyway, so far I completed Jake's campaign. I liked it, but I felt like quite a bit of stuff was missing. I also did a little bit of Chris's story today and now I'm stuck at

Spoiler:

I think I might start the game over completely with Leon and then go down the list. Bouncing between three different sections is confusing.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 6:07 pm

^ I thought about jumping per episode between campaigns but after reading your post, sticking to one campaign will probably be the better option.

Anyway, just completed episode 1 of Leon's campaign(using Helena). So far, I'm impressed with everything. I tried my hand at professional and got whooped. I ended up dropping it back down to Veteran. I find myself running out of ammo often. I guess I need to melee more. However, melee'ing seems to be a death sentence on Pro.

Oh yeah, I died twice on the prelude. Damn QTEs Mad

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 6:36 am

White Rock wrote:
Admit it, who died in the prelude? Twisted Evil
Honestly? I didn't. I've died a lot during the actual game though. While the game itself is fantastic the amount of QTEs makes me want to punch babies.

@Known_Hero: I just checked and apparently there are only three mercs maps in the game, two of which are unlockable. While the amount of characters in mercs is impressive I think having only one default and two unlockable stages is BS.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:30 pm

Im on Adas Campaign now and the game is just awesome well I mean for a game for a resident evil game though LOL ...no but as a game itself its fucking amazing the story is awesome the gameplay is fun as hell I bet Chris and Jakes campaign yesterday I coop Jakes though. I just had to finish it.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 6:02 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
While the game itself is fantastic the amount of QTEs makes me want to punch babies.

QTEs?

Did I mention the elevator rope climb with Leon in chapter 5? BS

I love Chris'. 'Can the chatter', 'Not on my watch', and telling that bartender to shut her mouth lolz.

Interesting what theyve done with his character. I thought it was hilarious and awesome the first time I picked up an enemy and threw em on his head.

Leon and Chris each feel like their own characters too, not generic controlsnwith different skins. I love it.

I hate the AI sometimes. Helena always took her freakin time getting to me.

I did figure out the health situation, guess its okay.

The pills, or I guess tablets remind me of Dead Aim. As does the movement/camera.

So Chris or Leon? Although im not finished with Chris' yet, I like both pretty equally...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)   RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

RE6 first impressions (completely spoiler free)
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next