HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)

Go down 
+55
MSR
will1234562
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Trichos
Progenitor
dr_salvador
Abdel_33
Golden Berretta
animaniac1
Biohazardtaylor
White Rock
The mastAH!
JPHERO
Mister Albert Wesker
rawk82
CrimsonElder
kevdliu
REanimation
Parabellum09
Sherry Birkin
RE Psycho
Outbreakgirl
DivideByZero
Killeret
DXP
PAULSAMSON
leon248
NiteKrawler
Bub537
ChrisSherry
Nobudy
weskersbarber
Deagle50
Valentine Fan
VoyageTreader08
Spike991
Mcghie
SWITCHMYND
Incompetent Barry
Tyrant R a brutal Mr.X
DeadlyGenetics
RaviorStygian
chrisredfield84
ThomVD
chocotricks
The CG
RebelliousQueen
Lady Yuna
00biohazard
Methsia
chrisredfielmusculo
Sargent D
Mass Distraction
Jill Sandwich
Vandal
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 4:38 pm

To shorten things up I guess I'd say

Leon's Story seems to go into the RE 1&2 territory

Chris' follow RE5's type

Jake's follows 3.

I guess in terms of Horror, Jake's would be the scariest IMO due to the "pursuer" and the J'avo. Finally an enemy that finds a way to attack you from behind cover.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 10:34 pm

I think Resident Evil 6 should play like Resident Evil 6 an not play like 1, 2, 3, or 5. That's what I liked about Resident Evil 4, it didn't play like any other game.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 8:03 am

Mercy wrote:
I think Resident Evil 6 should play like Resident Evil 6 an not play like 1, 2, 3, or 5. That's what I liked about Resident Evil 4, it didn't play like any other game.
Which makes me wonder why people keep saying that 4 sucks just because it doesn't have zombies or something 0 - CVX like. Some people need to realize that if a series gets too formulaic then people will stop buying the games because they just be able to predict that "Oh it's another one of those late/slept to/through the apocalypse games where we have run through shambling zombies (again) and run through narrow hallways with that one boss". I'm not saying I hate those games (2 is my favorite), but it would be very boring if the series stayed within 1998 with the same plot type. I think < 8 of the games take place within 1998) and I guess CAPCOM (and some fans) grew tired of it.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:03 am

Nobudy wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Which makes me wonder why people keep saying that 4 sucks just because it doesn't have zombies or something 0 - CVX like. Some people need to realize that if a series gets too formulaic then people will stop buying the games because they just be able to predict that "Oh it's another one of those late/slept to/through the apocalypse games where we have run through shambling zombies (again) and run through narrow hallways with that one boss". I'm not saying I hate those games (2 is my favorite), but it would be very boring if the series stayed within 1998 with the same plot type. I think < 8 of the games take place within 1998) and I guess CAPCOM (and some fans) grew tired of it.
Yeah I agree that they should keep changing it up, Capcom use to be the company that really set trends in gaming, they set the standards but now they're only following trends. Resident Evil 5 looked at Gears of War, Resident Evil 6, Capcom admitted looking at Call of Duty. They should be paving the way for innovation in the market of gaming. Instead they're whoring themselves for money.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:45 am

Mercy wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Yeah I agree that they should keep changing it up, Capcom use to be the company that really set trends in gaming, they set the standards but now they're only following trends. Resident Evil 5 looked at Gears of War, Resident Evil 6, Capcom admitted looking at Call of Duty. They should be paving the way for innovation in the market of gaming. Instead they're whoring themselves for money.
And even if they don't want to change things up, they can add new aspects never seen before in any RE game to probably cover it up.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonElder
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
CrimsonElder

Playstation Network Jimlew316

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 5:12 pm

Well why try and change things up in the action genre? Surley there are a shedload more action games than survival horror. Call Of Duty are leading the charge in action, alot of other games have gone up against it and failed miserably. What makes RE think it can tackle the giants? In a survival horror world RE is king yet they want to invade another genre and be king of that to? Seems greedy. Stick to what you are already best at and just change it in that genre. Look at Dead Space. The first and parts of the second where very convincing horrors.

The problem with Capcom is they are greedy and I dont see why people support that. I think you are more likley to break new grounds in a horror game than an action game. What hasnt been done in an action game? Theres tons of things that havent been done in a horror game. Most recently Revelations. That broke new ground and was a brilliant game. I'd dare to say before even playing 6 that Revelations is the better game. From what I have seen so far from 6 I cant say I am all that impressed and I know alot of people who are not RE fans but serious gamers and they have no interest in buying RE6. Infact some of them have found it quite laughable. Yes they are all CODHeads but thats the audience that Capcom want and from what I've seen its pretty embarrassing for a franchise that I love. Dont punch above your weight cause you will get knocked out.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 7:59 pm

CrimsonElder wrote:
Well why try and change things up in the action genre? Surley there are a shedload more action games than survival horror. Call Of Duty are leading the charge in action, alot of other games have gone up against it and failed miserably. What makes RE think it can tackle the giants? In a survival horror world RE is king yet they want to invade another genre and be king of that to? Seems greedy. Stick to what you are already best at and just change it in that genre. Look at Dead Space. The first and parts of the second where very convincing horrors.

The problem with Capcom is they are greedy and I dont see why people support that. I think you are more likley to break new grounds in a horror game than an action game. What hasnt been done in an action game? Theres tons of things that havent been done in a horror game. Most recently Revelations. That broke new ground and was a brilliant game. I'd dare to say before even playing 6 that Revelations is the better game. From what I have seen so far from 6 I cant say I am all that impressed and I know alot of people who are not RE fans but serious gamers and they have no interest in buying RE6. Infact some of them have found it quite laughable. Yes they are all CODHeads but thats the audience that Capcom want and from what I've seen its pretty embarrassing for a franchise that I love. Dont punch above your weight cause you will get knocked out.
Good point. Action is to COD where Survival Horror is to RE whereas Sandbox is to GTA. In shorter terms, they must not and cannot leak into each others genres or else, the whole Space game continuum would rip apart causing video game turmoil in the worst kind. Wasn't there some rumor saying that Chris wasn't even supposed to be in 6 and that they only added him to have Himself and Leon appear in the same game?
Back to top Go down
CrimsonElder
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
CrimsonElder

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 8:19 pm

Nobudy wrote:
CrimsonElder wrote:

Good point. Action is to COD where Survival Horror is to RE whereas Sandbox is to GTA. In shorter terms, they must not and cannot leak into each others genres or else, the whole Space game continuum would rip apart causing video game turmoil in the worst kind. Wasn't there some rumor saying that Chris wasn't even supposed to be in 6 and that they only added him to have Himself and Leon appear in the same game?

I dont know about the Chris not being in RE6 deal, thats the first time I've heard that. I do know that they wanted both Chris and Leon to be in the same game. Dont know if was a late decision or not though.

I think Capcom are getting greedy. They kind of remind me of Nazi Germany for a lack of better terms. They are trying to take over the video game industry like Germany tried to take the world and when they get their ass kicked they are going to be in a world wind of shit. Its a huge risk they are taking with RE6 maybe not so much that it will back fire but if 6 is a success then they will move even further away with 7. If they dont stop they could find themselfs in a market that nobody is interested in. They are switching to an action based game around the time that everyone is saying that they are sick of action games, god knows I am. If they isolate their original fans and are not accepted by the fans they are aiming for then they are looking at a major loss.

Just like the movies are moving further and further away yet they are ahead of the games in this respect so lets see what happens to the movies. Capcom can learn a thing or two from that.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 8:43 pm

My god I hope RE6 is good, I`m not even really excited for it I mean I am but idk. They tell us too much about it before its out and ruins the excitement. Im sure it will be fun and all but lately I really wanna see a more classic RE style game again. I wish theyd make one. Revelations was cool but I want the classic angels, the puzzles. GAH, it will never be the same again......oh well, as long as the story is good
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 12:34 am

I don't think Resident Evil was ever about the story really. The one thing I always take with me each Resident Evil game I play is the experience. But you have to come to terms; Resident Evil will never go back to the classic camera angles. If you really want it that had, just play the old games again.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonElder
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
CrimsonElder

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 4:54 am

Mercy wrote:
I don't think Resident Evil was ever about the story really. The one thing I always take with me each Resident Evil game I play is the experience. But you have to come to terms; Resident Evil will never go back to the classic camera angles. If you really want it that had, just play the old games again.

I understand that we will never get the classic camera angels and to be perfectly honest I dont think I would want them. I would however be open to seeing prerendered backgrounds again but I have accepted that we wont. I dont however think there is any excuse for not seeing survival horror again. Whenever people say I want the old school RE back we dont mean tank controls and dodgy camera angels. We just mean a genuinley scary game. Like Dead Space or Amnesia. They are survival horrors. I also think Revelations and LIN were the best things to come out of RE since Code Veronica and maybe RE4. I quite enjoyed 5 but thats because it answered alot of questions that had been bugging me for years. If 6 does the same I will probably feel the same way about it however I dont think it will. Seems to me that RE6 is just going to starting asking new questions and Im not quite sure I am that into it.

RE was a big fish in a small pond in the horror genre now its just another fish in a massive pond. Capcom are probably thinking that because 5 sold so well and 6 probably will to that its down to them changing to action when I maintain a belief thats its simply because there is a higher demand for games now. Going back to the years of PS1 I dont think there was anywhere near as much gamers about as nowadays. They release Remake on the Gamecube and its a classic but most people have PS2 and Xbox. Then Revelations on the 3DS? The majority of people that own a 3DS are familys and not serious gamers. Yes the sales arent as good because they are not selling it to the right audience. I would like for them to release their next Remake/Revelations style game on a more accessible console like PS3/XBOX. Its almost like they are ashamed of that side of their series and are hiding it from the hardcore gamers.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 5:55 am

Pretty much the only way we'll ever see the classic camera angles again is if Capcom decides to remake RE2.

Nobudy wrote:
Wasn't there some rumor saying that Chris wasn't even supposed to be in 6 and that they only added him to have Himself and Leon appear in the same game?
It's not even a rumor, it's a fact. The devs said so themselves. It was one of the concept artists that came up with the idea of Chris and Leon meeting and the guys in charge liked that idea so much they decided to use it in the game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 7:31 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Pretty much the only way we'll ever see the classic camera angles again is if Capcom decides to remake RE2.

That is a very big IF lol
I really have gave up hope on a RE2 remake, I know I said I will always have hope but I don't think it will happen.
I'm not all that bothered anymore though, we always have modders to give us fresh playthroughs for RE2.
Plus if Capcom remade 2 then I don't even think they would keep the static camera angles, I predict they would go for the OTS view instead which wouldn't really feel right.

I loved the mod for RE4 fixed camera angles, it looked amazing and just proves that it would have worked but it is extremely difficult to control with the aiming system as you cant see where your laser sight
is pointing.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 8:40 am

Mcghie wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

That is a very big IF lol
I really have gave up hope on a RE2 remake, I know I said I will always have hope but I don't think it will happen.
I'm not all that bothered anymore though, we always have modders to give us fresh playthroughs for RE2.
Plus if Capcom remade 2 then I don't even think they would keep the static camera angles, I predict they would go for the OTS view instead which wouldn't really feel right.

I loved the mod for RE4 fixed camera angles, it looked amazing and just proves that it would have worked but it is extremely difficult to control with the aiming system as you cant see where your laser sight
is pointing.
Well what they could have done was when you aim go over the shoulder, like in the demo. That would have worked for Resident Evil 4. But the fact that Capcom did Operation Raccoon City and it sold over a million copies, proves that they know that RE2 is still popular amongst fans. I'm pretty sure they just don't want to redo it in fear of messing it up, even though they seemed to do REmake just fine.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:28 am

I bet if they do remake it, then they'd probably release it on the wrong platform again like with revelations.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 4:46 pm

Mercy wrote:
Well what they could have done was when you aim go over the shoulder, like in the demo. That would have worked for Resident Evil 4. But the fact that Capcom did Operation Raccoon City and it sold over a million copies, proves that they know that RE2 is still popular amongst fans. I'm pretty sure they just don't want to redo it in fear of messing it up, even though they seemed to do REmake just fine.

That would have been pretty decent but I think it's probably best the way it is.
I just liked the mod as you seen RE4 in a oldskool kind of way and I dunno, it just looked pretty awesome Smile
Yeah we have had discussion about this before on reasons why we think they wont do a remake or are holding back on it.
Sales and times being different was the main premiss but we also said what you mentioned about Capcom scarred that they couldn't re-capture that old glory.
Plus RE2 seems to be in a whole the most popular oldskool title and there is basically nothing they could do in a remake to improve or change within it.
Which when they done REmake they could add parts and it would still tie and it being the first game so obviously there was a lot of room for improvement.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 3:41 pm

Mercy wrote:

They were trend setters who did there own thing, thats why their games were so cool and unique.

It might be a bit too much to expect them to revolutionize gaming with each release though.

Re6 looks like its doing a pretty fine job i guess, im really anxious to play it.

They sure have been teasing us for a long time though. Since re4 came out im sure we've all wanted zombies with the OTS camera...and we still have yet to really get that experience. Re5, rer, and hell, id say ORC didnt really deliver that.

Re has definately always been about surviving a new horrifying experience, but the story has branched out so much. For a lot of fans of the series its probably the most important part.

For some reason ive been starting to like Leon S. Kennedy more lately. Nite's fav! Maybe im just getting tired of Chris, now that his fued is over, and it ended so horribly...im even getting a bit tired of Jill..

Im actually looking forward to seeing Leon in Damnation and Re6. (:

Has his voice changed btw?

I know Ada's in re6, is she still voiced by Sally Cahill?

Im so out of the loop with RE...

@Mcghie, i concur. If they remade re2 it wouldnt be an improvement of the overall product, no way.

I guarantee things like some of the voices and little details would be inferior and ignored. I swear, Leon's police uniform would have that damned torso knife holster like the Redfields, only because he did on his Re4 RPD alternate costume, dammit.
Back to top Go down
RE Psycho
Cerberus
Cerberus
RE Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 4:43 pm

Nobudy wrote:
I bet if they do remake it, then they'd probably release it on the wrong platform again like with revelations.

Or they'll just ruin it by making it an action shooter.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 4:50 pm

SPIKE where the hell have you been?

I also see all of your points, My main problem with Chris is idk hes too action hero like now I mean I understand why and all but Idk I wanna play Chris Redfield not Marcus Fenix lol
Back to top Go down
RE Psycho
Cerberus
Cerberus
RE Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 4:57 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Mercy wrote:

Yeah, but you shouldn't go away from the formula that made the franchise what it is. You don't see GTA or MGS or any other successful game franchise trying to become survival horror, and you can bet COD won't changed it's formula. Your formula is the basic blue print that you build on. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 8:08 pm

RE Psycho wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Mercy wrote:

Yeah, but you shouldn't go away from the formula that made the franchise what it is. You don't see GTA or MGS or any other successful game franchise trying to become survival horror, and you can bet COD won't changed it's formula. Your formula is the basic blue print that you build on. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
But in a way it was kinda broken. Only in parts that became too old to work however.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 8:11 pm

Yeah they changed up voice actors for Leon. I do wonder where they're going to go after this whole "world wide infection." Maybe something post apocalyptic? That would be an interesting way to surviveā€¦

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 2:53 am

RE Psycho wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Mercy wrote:

Well, GTA did change quite a bit from 2 to 3. After that it has had some fun 3rd person shooter elements in it.

Mercy wrote:
Yeah they changed up voice actors for Leon. I do wonder where they're going to go after this whole "world wide infection." Maybe something post apocalyptic? That would be an interesting way to surviveā€¦

I would prefer not. There's already enough of these post apocalyptic zombie survival games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 9:31 am

That's true, but where else are they going to go? It seems like Resident Evil is getting bigger and bigger. First it was a mansion, then it was a city, then an island, then a country, now it's global.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 12:37 pm

Maybe they should've just mad it a continent (Europe maybe)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)
Page 20 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 28  Next