HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC

Go down 
+4
Sargent D
chrisredfielmusculo
ChrisSherry
Mass Distraction
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC   Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 2:00 pm

It hasn't been two days since my latest horror update (link here) but there has been so much new info on RE6 and a little bit of something else too that it is time to gather everything up for another news post. Have fun reading!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interview with Director and Producer

First up we have an interview video, originally posted by 00biohazard in the [Resident Evil 6 Discussion] thread.

Thank you Bio for finding this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest info by ChrisSherry

ChrisSherry wrote:
Found something else interesting: [link]

Maybe the President was Sherry's uncle?
but, I thought she had no other family... that's what I've heard before.
But, if for some reason this is true it that would mean Sherry was not held captive by Wesker?
maybe he was keeping an eye on her from a far?

I can't wait to know what Sherry has been up to!

EDIT:

This is from Wiki
http://residentevil.wikia.com/Sherry_Birkin

"Government protection
Upon their escape, Claire left on her own to find her brother, leaving her prized pink vest as a reminder of their time together. Leon and Sherry were eventually rescued by U.S. official authorities and Sherry's safety was used to force Leon into becoming a government agent. While Leon and Claire went off to continue the fight against Umbrella, Sherry was kept relatively safe in the governments care. Once she reached adulthood, Sherry was properly trained and became a government agent as well.

Some time in 2013, Sherry was working as a PSD in charge of guarding Jake Muller. Whilst doing this, she encountered Leon S. Kennedy, who was surprised by her presence in China."

Found this too.

"His co-op partner is Sherry Birkin, all grown up and as much a mutant as Muller. Returning to the series for the first time since Resident Evil 2, Sherry is loaded with immunities of her own and has survived in US government custody for the best part of a decade without the G-Virus overwhelming her body. Together, Birkin and Muller are an unstoppable pair of near-invincible, self-regenerating superhumans, and their campaign is a melee fighter Capcom are waiting until E3 to properly reveal."

"After being interned by the US government she moved on and became a special agent. We've tried to come up with a play style for her and Jake that matches the new story we've given for her. We can't tell you directly all the things she can do just yet, but just know Jake and Sherry's play style will differ from other characters in the game."

[source]

I read that Chris and Leon have met before, it just wasn't shown in a game.

Also, here is a new trailer analysis: [link]

and more on Jake

"Jake Muller’s is the third story in the game, and it begins in the fictional Eastern European country of Edonia. The place is in a state of civil strife, and Muller is a mercenary who will do anything for money. His father abandoned his family when he was young, so Jake does anything he can to send money back to his mother. His partner is fan-favorite Sherry Birkin, who makes a return to the Resident Evil franchise. She tells him that he has the ability to save the world, which confuses him. However, as the audience (who has seen the trailer), we know that Jake is actually Wesker’s son, and the heir to a very special blood type."

[source]

Character Bios

Finally we get some official information on the main characters of the game. While we have the series' long running stars Chris and Leon finally appearing side by side in the upcoming game we also meet some old and new faces. We already learned that Jake Muller is Albert Wesker's alleged son and that Sherry Birkin finally makes a comeback from government care but we also have a returning character from a manga called Biohazard: Marhawa Desire called Piers Nivans and a completely new character, Helena Harper. To learn more of their story, check the links below.

[Biohazard 6 Official Site]

[Translated Bios]

Furthermore, according to Rely on Horror, there was a leaked list of characters back in January. I'll post the list here but delete all the spoilerrific info.

• Leon S. Kennedy
  • Helena Harper
  • Chris Redfield
  • Piers Nivans
  • Jake Muller
  • Sherry Birkin
  • Ada Wong
  • Carla Radames

Looks like the list was right about the names, which means there's only one that has not been mentioned. The source to the article is found below but I must warn you, do NOT click it if you don't want to have ANYTHING spoiled for the game. If you feel the need to discuss anything found in the article, please use spoiler tags.

[source]

RE6 HUD image

This image has been circulating the net for a while and even appeared on the forums at one point. At first I thought it was just a photoshop but as it has appeared in official material it is most likely the real deal. At this point the HUD is still something that could get changed before release. Some say it looks like the HUD from Dead Space and I even read somewhere that they took inspiration for that from the game. Image added for discussion.

Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC LeonShotgun1

On a side note, I have no friggin' idea why the image is called LeonShotgun1.jpg

Capcom, Sega & Namco-Bandai collab revealed

Unlike was initially thought the game is not a survival horror title. It's a SRPG (strategic roleplaying game) called Project X Zone for the 3DS and is a spiritual successor to a PS2 title called Namco x Capcom that sadly was never released outside of Japan. There's little hope for this title to having an international release but I really REALLY wish it does. It would ease my pain of not having the awesomeness of NxC to play.

The gameplay will be team based and the currently revealed teams/characters are as follows:

Capcom: Ryu & Ken (Street Fighter), X and Zero (Mega Man), Demitri and Dante (Darkstalkers and Devil May Cry), Chris and Jill (Resident Evil)

Sega: Shinguji Sakura and Ogami Ichiro (Sakura Wars), Pai and Akira (Virtua Fighter), Kurt and Riela (Valkyria Chronicles), Ulala and Touma (Space Channel 5 and Shining Force EXA)

Namco-Bandai: Sanger Somvold (Super Robot Wars), Jin and Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken), Kos-Mos and T-elos (Xenosaga), Yurie and Estel (Tales of Vesperia), Kaito and Black Rose (.hack)

[source]

[Official Website]

Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC Project-X-Zone-300x162

Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC Project-X-Zone-2

Resident Evil 6 Premium Edition

There already is a thread of what people want to have in the special edition of Resident Evil 6 (which can be found [here] but this is something nobody saw coming.

The Japanese Premium Edition of Resident Evil 6 is going to come with four tablet covers depicting four of the game's protagonists. From what I gathered from the site, they are going to be Leon, Chris, Jake and one that is currently a secret. Well, those and a real jacket of Leon's from the game. Yes, you read that right. Sizes S, M, L & XL.

Now the downside is that the whole thing would cost you ¥105,000, which is approximately $1,300.

Not to worry, there's no hope left for that to come anywhere else as it is Japan only. There's also going to be Special Editions that come with one of the four tablet covers.

You still want to order it? No worries, just place your order on the Japanese website: [link]

No word for any special editions elsewhere.

Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC A_med_stylish.jpg

DMC5 trailer and a viral site

In the new trailer shown at Captivate we get to see the young Dante. Actually even more of him than expected.

The viral site you ask? Well, as was pretty obvious from the trailer, the Raptor News site was not a viral campaign for RE6 but rather for DMC5. Whaddya know.

http://raptornews.com/

New House of the Dead game?

Here at the end I have some smaller and non-RE related news. Sega, the developer of the House of the Dead series, has trademarked something called "Flick of the Dead". There's no news on what that might be but the best guess right now is a possible touch screen HotD game.

[source]

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC   Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 2:05 pm

Thanks for sharing Mass! nice info!

A new House of the Dead?
Sweet! I am a huge fun of House of the Dead: OverKill Very Happy

and I don't like that DMC is being rebooted, not a fan of that at all.
I love the good old Sliver haired Dante Smile
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC   Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 2:18 pm

Thank you kindly Smile I like to share all the new info I find.

ChrisSherry wrote:
The series is not being rebooted. This is going to be a prequel and Dante's future white hair is supposedly also going to be explained.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC   Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 2:22 pm

resident evil 6 INVENTORY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PFRd702tf4&feature=player_embedded

pause at 6:02

they said the characters are going to be able to walk and shoot
and dodde enemies more easly
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC   Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 2:23 pm

I swear if the special edition sucks in the states, then I'm going to rage rage rage till the cows come home. Japan ALWAYS gets the better shit. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC   Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 2:24 pm

Fun read as always.

I spoiled myself though. :{

A note to you guys: DON'T BLOODY READ SOURCES THAT ARE CONSIDERED
TO BE SPOILERS. EVER.
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC   Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 2:26 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

ChrisSherry wrote:
The series is not being rebooted. This is going to be a prequel and Dante's future white hair is supposedly also going to be explained.

Same here!

and I heard it was a reboot, and I am pretty sure the creator confirmed it in an interview. scratch
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC   Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 2:30 pm

Methsia wrote:
A note to you guys: DON'T BLOODY READ SOURCES THAT ARE CONSIDERED
TO BE SPOILERS. EVER.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC   Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 2:33 pm

ChrisSherry wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

ChrisSherry wrote:

Same here!

and I heard it was a reboot, and I am pretty sure the creator confirmed it in an interview. scratch
They did? But it was an interview where they said it's a prequel D:

We'll see when the game comes out.

chrisredfielmusculo wrote:
resident evil 6 INVENTORY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PFRd702tf4&feature=player_embedded

pause at 6:02

they said the characters are going to be able to walk and shoot
and dodde enemies more easly
Dude. It is a part of my articles. Read the whole thing before you post.

The latter part of your post was already well known.
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC   Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 2:40 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
ChrisSherry wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

ChrisSherry wrote:

Same here!

They did? But it was an interview where they said it's a prequel D:

We'll see when the game comes out.

I think it might have been this video/interview lol
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC   Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 2:56 pm

So much RE6 info Shocked . I think I'll stop reading it because I don't want to spoil myself too much.

Nice post Mass Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC   Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 3:09 pm

I think the longer I look at the HUD the more sense it makes.

I last commented that it looks like you can only carry two guns and you press Y to switch guns, but now it looks like you press Y to switch to duel wielding. Your health is indicated by the large white blocks on the top, you press RB to use a herb, in this case 0, and obviously your magazine has x amount of rounds in it. The 0 under the red box looks like it shows you how many magazines you have.
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC   Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 5:38 pm

I would like to add a little bit of info I found about Sherry on Wiki...

"Wesker's Report stated that Sherry was 'safe' in his hands, implying she was under his custody. However, the "Inside of Biohazard The Darkside Chronicles" book provided closure on this plot point by explaining that Wesker simply had spies in the government keeping an eye on her."
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC   Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:18 pm

FUCK THAT CROSS OVER THING BETTER BE KICK ASS FINALLY A REASON BESIDES REVELATIONS TO HAVE A 3DS NOW GET LEGENDS 3 BACK OTG and Ill be a happy Choco Cool

Also Im liking this 30 hour business
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC   Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil News 11/04/12 - Mostly RE6 with the side of DMC
Page 1 of 1