HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Shoulder cam for early RE games?

Go down 
+17
PAULSAMSON
Spike991
NiteKrawler
Ghost Leader
SepticTank
Jill Sandwich
chrisredfielmusculo
The CG
chocotricks
RaviorStygian
Ylwizaker
Kino_00
Methsia
DXP
Sargent D
ThomVD
Blazzx
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SepticTank
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot

Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 4:28 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
SepticTank wrote:
I really want a copy of re1 made for 2 players.
Won't happen. RE1 was never designed for two players.

it also wasn't designed to have lisa trevor as a boss, but then came the remake. Also, this isn't a thread to debate what capcom may or may not do, or what mods are in the works for pc versions or whatnot. This is a thread of if you would like the OTS cam setup for old games, and my post is a response to a reverse scenario someone else posted.

So, to clearify, i would want a copy of re1 made for 2 players, but, i don't see that ever happening.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 4:34 am

I think that adding an extra boss isn't as much work as completely redoing the game to make it co-op.
Back to top Go down
SepticTank
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 4:57 am

ThomVD wrote:
I think that adding an extra boss isn't as much work as completely redoing the game to make it co-op.

Umm.. the graphics overhaul was completely redoing the game, on top of adding new areas, the zombies ability to reanimate (again lol), etc. To add coop simply means putting in the functionality, and making the character selection involve player one choosing chris or jill, while player two is forced the alternate (same as re5). After that, solidify the game to one scenario. Jill won't be a captive at the end of the game, so they'll have to slightly modify that. Rebecca won't have to play the piano in 2 player mode since jill will be their. Given that fact, if it's a remake, the single player scenarios would involve what is already the case (single player chris will have to utilize rebecca) or have a resident evil 0 scenario.

I've done a bit of programming myself, so i have a strong understanding of what the differences are. The most difficult part would be the splitscreen code, and the most time consuming issue will be small rewrites of the storyline to incorporate jill to NOT be kidnapped by wesker. In fact, barry's role wouldn't change much at all, but when he's pointing the gun at chris at the end of the game, he may want to learn to dual-wield guns and multitask that position.

In any case, it's no more work than what they did with the remake. So enough arguing about the realistics of my comment about a simple thing i would like capcom to have done. I would have commented about liking re2 to be redone with coop if it would have prevented the topic from being thrown off. Why won't we just discuss the likelihood of OTS remakes for old re games? It's much closer to the topic at hand anyhow!
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:07 am

I meant that they have to change the entire story and gameplay to make it co-op.
Back to top Go down
SepticTank
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:21 am

ThomVD wrote:
I meant that they have to change the entire story and gameplay to make it co-op.

umm.. reread my previous posts. Specifically the part where i said "make small storyline adjustments, such as rescuing jill".

And they don't have to change the gameplay, they just have to add the splitscreen element.

Anyhow, read the topic of this thread. regardless of whether it's possible or probable (in fact, theirs no denying it's possible, just unfeasible in capcoms view), this is not the place for such discussion. Theirs no point in arguing over what-ifs anyhow.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 8:32 am

I think the biggest issue here would be the continuity.

SepticTank wrote:
Umm.. the graphics overhaul was completely redoing the game, on top of adding new areas, the zombies ability to reanimate (again lol), etc. To add coop simply means putting in the functionality, and making the character selection involve player one choosing chris or jill, while player two is forced the alternate (same as re5). After that, solidify the game to one scenario. Jill won't be a captive at the end of the game, so they'll have to slightly modify that. Rebecca won't have to play the piano in 2 player mode since jill will be their. Given that fact, if it's a remake, the single player scenarios would involve what is already the case (single player chris will have to utilize rebecca) or have a resident evil 0 scenario.
Isn't that basically what they did with Umbrella Chronicles? I know, not what you meant, but close enough.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:22 am

It would take like 20 years for them to add coop to RE1. What most people don't realize is that programming has very little to do with computers. Most of the time, programmers are actually searching for a very rare species goat (the golden goat) to sacrifice at an altar to receive a great game from the "Sky People". So in terms of time and the amount of time it would actually take to find a golden goat worthy enough to receive a copy of RE1 with coop, it would take 20 years. 15 years or so of searching. About 5 years to build a grand altar, and a few seconds to blow the goats brains everywhere with a gun. A golden gun. Only a golden gun can kill a golden goat. So yeah, an RE1 with coop? Wayyyyy to difficult to even think about right now.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 1:09 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
SepticTank wrote:

Before REDS came out I thought it was gonna be 2 Player co-op, which it was, but I thought that was for the story mode. That would've been weird.

I would enjoy going through the classic Spencer estate OTS, and even with a buddy. That'd be cool.

Of course then comes the whole Chris/Jill issue, and that is probably why RE1 wasn't designed to be co-op.

Back to top Go down
Incompetent Barry
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Incompetent Barry

Playstation Network DaredBlueHawk

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 1:48 pm

i think it would be cool to have a coop horror game like that where each player can go off and explore a different part of the mansion. (even though that probably wouldnt work.) and as for coop for classic RE, this has probably been said before but if you did coop you could have Jill as player 1 and Barry as player 2 then have Chris Player 1 and Rebecca Player 2. yes i know it would be hard to make it work with Barry since he had his thing with Wesker but still, if they were to do it thats how it could be done.
Back to top Go down
SepticTank
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:08 pm

The old style resident evils didn't have coop in mind due to the element of horror by being alone in such an atmosphere, as well as at the time they didn't know how to implement it into the game with the hardware that they had to do it with.

Memory would be the biggest issue, but i can see chris and jill running around separately in the mansion. In split screen, you could still see the slow door opening on one screen when going through a door (look at lost in nightmares). You would have to be confined to a certain portion of the game, in which upon reaching a certain part, both players will have to be present in order to move on to the next area.

Now let me point out a small checklist of things of why this shouldn't be argued about in the first place.

1. My statement didn't care about how the storyline would be effected, what capcom would or could ever do, or my expectations of whether it would have ever been done

2. although using a different combat system, umbrella chronicles DID make it work 2 player, so most of the storyline adjustments and scenarios have been thought up already to turn it into coop.

3. In lost in nightmares, you were able to check the front door of the mansion a few times and get the classic re cameras. This proves they have devised a way to make the old style work in coop

Givin facts 2 and 3, they already have most everything done for them. It would still take a large amount of work to re-code the game into the atmosphere presented in the old re's, while adding a coop element. They may feel the need to use re5's inventory system to prevent constant interruptions in gameplay for one player and the other. between re5 and re6 is only a few years, so they could easily do a project of this type within 2 years, but they won't. It's not gonna happen and i know this, so...

I would love it if they did tho.
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

Location : Standing over Nemesis' dead body with a cocked magnum in the left hand

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 3:33 am

I'd say Umbrella Chronicles did a good enough job of adding a co-op element to RE1.

It's not really even worth discussing if it's possible. We don't want to remove the nostalgia moment the Spencer Mansion can provide RE fans by making too many alternatives.
Back to top Go down
SepticTank
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 4:28 am

TeRoR KiD wrote:

It's not really even worth discussing if it's possible.

i'm glad somebody understands. I was simply stating how fun i think it would be to play re1 2 player
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

Location : Standing over Nemesis' dead body with a cocked magnum in the left hand

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 5:37 am

SepticTank wrote:
TeRoR KiD wrote:

i'm glad somebody understands. I was simply stating how fun i think it would be to play re1 2 player

My post actually had nothing to do with understanding you. If anything I was echoing Mass Distractions comment with a few more insignificant words on why RE1 does not need a co-op mode.

You come across as a poster who tries their best to prove their point and will keep posting until someone satisfies their ego.

God luck with that Smile
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 5:49 am

TeRoR KiD wrote:
If anything I was echoing Mass Distractions comment with a few more insignificant words on why RE1 does not need a co-op mode.
Umm... I never said anything like that? I only said that the biggest problem would be continuity.
Back to top Go down
SepticTank
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 5:54 am

TeRoR KiD wrote:
SepticTank wrote:
TeRoR KiD wrote:

My post actually had nothing to do with understanding you. If anything I was echoing Mass Distractions comment with a few more insignificant words on why RE1 does not need a co-op mode.

You come across as a poster who tries their best to prove their point and will keep posting until someone satisfies their ego.

God luck with that Smile

I'm the type of poster who hates frivolous arguments. If i say i think it would be cool to have a coop re1, the expected argument would be "i don't think it would be cool/fun" not "capcom would never make a re1 coop."

such a statement misses the point completely. It's along the lines of what you just said "does not need a coop mode." At what point in this thread did anyone argue about what capcom should or should not do, or what old re games needs or does not need?

So for the 50th time, i think it would be a fun experience to play a rendition of re1 that involves two players playing at the same time, working together to solve the puzzles and killing zombies.

Ironically, it doesn't need to be made coop, and of course capcom would never do it as such. But as a person who has several friends who love the re series as much as i do, i know that if the instance ever occurred and re1 was remade with coop functionality, it would be a very fascinating experience.
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 5:56 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
TeRoR KiD wrote:
If anything I was echoing Mass Distractions comment with a few more insignificant words on why RE1 does not need a co-op mode.
Umm... I never said anything like that? I only said that the biggest problem would be continuity.

You basically said Umbrella Chronicles already covered the co-op Re1 situations.

Sorry for putting words in your mouth Razz

SepticTank wrote:
TeRoR KiD wrote:
SepticTank wrote:
TeRoR KiD wrote:

God luck with that Smile

I'm the type of poster who hates frivolous arguments. If i say i think it would be cool to have a coop re1, the expected argument would be "i don't think it would be cool/fun" not "capcom would never make a re1 coop."

such a statement misses the point completely. It's along the lines of what you just said "does not need a coop mode." At what point in this thread did anyone argue about what capcom should or should not do, or what old re games needs or does not need?

So for the 50th time, i think it would be a fun experience to play a rendition of re1 that involves two players playing at the same time, working together to solve the puzzles and killing zombies.

Ironically, it doesn't need to be made coop, and of course capcom would never do it as such. But as a person who has several friends who love the re series as much as i do, i know that if the instance ever occurred and re1 was remade with coop functionality, it would be a very fascinating experience.

Again my point was that UC already did co-op on RE1. I don't think new games are that bad that we need another RE1 rendition...
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 6:02 am

TeRoR KiD wrote:
You basically said Umbrella Chronicles already covered the co-op Re1 situations.

Sorry for putting words in your mouth Razz
Yes. So I did. I only meant it in the sense that it has already been kinda done. Deadly Silence also had a multiplayer mode so there.

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Thu May 03, 2012 6:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 6:03 am

TeRoR KiD wrote:
God luck with that Smile

Omg. it's Chris!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 6:08 am

ThomVD wrote:
TeRoR KiD wrote:
God luck with that Smile

Omg. it's Chris!!!!!!

Chris is a big step up from being compared to coppercab in another thread.

This forum rocks lol
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 6:12 am

TeRoR KiD wrote:
Chris is a big step up from being compared to coppercab in another thread.

Dude, you don't want to be compared to chris.
Back to top Go down
SepticTank
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 6:39 am

Quote :
Again my point was that UC already did co-op on RE1. I don't think new games are that bad that we need another RE1 rendition...

Yes, because gameplay between house of the dead and re1 aren't very different.

but since nobody's gonna actually read my posts (i am a bit long winded), i shall stop it here. Words like should, would be fun, and will be done apparently all mean the same thing.

deadly silence didn't get much advertisement or anything, and i didn't know it existed until several years after it's release. was it on console or handheld? Was it released in the west? Either way, i didn't play it. Outbreak had multiplayer, but we didn't have ps2 internet so i never got to experience it.

Maybe they'll port outbreak to the 360 or ps3 one day. I doubt they will, but one can hope (begin your arguments about this paragraph now).
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 6:49 am

It's on the DS and it was released globally.

You know, it would've been cool if they had released that updated port on the PSN and had the multiplayer work online. That would have totally been worth a re-buy.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 2:01 pm

Seriously though. Golden goats and all that...
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 2:30 pm

I'm sure a download only title like Castlevania Harmony of Despair might be released in the future. Maybe.

Or just a full on game. RE and co-op go really well together if done right (RE5).
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 8:52 pm

SepticTank wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
SepticTank wrote:

it also wasn't designed to have lisa trevor as a boss, but then came the remake. Also, this isn't a thread to debate what capcom may or may not do, or what mods are in the works for pc versions or whatnot. This is a thread of if you would like the OTS cam setup for old games, and my post is a response to a reverse scenario someone else posted.

So, to clearify, i would want a copy of re1 made for 2 players, but, i don't see that ever happening.
I didn't say shit about mods or what Capcom should or shouldn't do. Before you tell people off for supposedly not reading your posts, why don't you try actually reading ours? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shoulder cam for early RE games?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next