Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Shoulder cam for early RE games?

Go down 
+17
PAULSAMSON
Spike991
NiteKrawler
Ghost Leader
SepticTank
Jill Sandwich
chrisredfielmusculo
The CG
chocotricks
RaviorStygian
Ylwizaker
Kino_00
Methsia
DXP
Sargent D
ThomVD
Blazzx
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Blazzx
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot

Shoulder cam for early RE games? Empty
PostSubject: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 8:40 am

I decided to play complate RE saga and in early games is that "horor" relay annoying.
I there any mod for shoulder cam as RE4 and RE5 for RE0,1,2,3 and CV?
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 8:44 am

Just practise with it. You'll get used to it and eventually you'll even like it, probably.
Back to top Go down
Blazzx
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 8:45 am

I finish zero with it and that cam makes me I never play that game again!
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 8:49 am

ThomVD wrote:
Just practise with it. You'll get used to it and eventually you'll even like it, probably.
Doubt it, it's one of those things where you either love or hate it. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 8:56 am

Nah, I know a lot of people that hated it at first, but it grew on them. You just need to play a lot.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:00 am

Blazzx wrote:
I decided to play complate RE saga and in early games is that "horor" relay annoying.

Your asking for the impossible... The original games were made that way due to the limitations of consoles back then therefore there is never going to be re4/re5 camera based mods for them, it would be impossible to do without re-doing the entire game from scratch something capcom would never do.

Sadly its the marmite situation you either love the original games or don't but seriously I wouldn't stop playing at zero they are good games they just take a while to adjust to if you have only ever played those Gears of Evil style games.
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:04 am

You will get used to it soon enough.

And DXP, I do love your avatar. hah
Back to top Go down
Kino_00
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Kino_00

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:35 am

I just started RE3 myself for first time in years and Im used to shoulder cam aswell - last games I completed were RE5 and ORC. I found RE3 to be much easier if you just play with old direction buttons instead of joystick. Joystick with fixed camera positions can be quite hard to handle, at least at the start. Dunno how it works with ie Xbox tho, I play on PS3 myself.
Back to top Go down
Ylwizaker
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Ylwizaker

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 5:10 pm

I would love for a shoulder cam view of the old games to be able to look at the art more closely. I saw a video from around when Remake came out, that is first person and goes through a bunch of rooms in the mansion and it looks amazing. Definitely creepier then any FPS I have ever seen...
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyTue May 01, 2012 12:59 pm

ThomVD wrote:
Nah, I know a lot of people that hated it at first, but it grew on them. You just need to play a lot.
Yeah I remember thinking my REmake (the next RE game I played after 4) disc was broken because the controls were so bad, but it was just a different style I wasn't used to.

I actually would love over the shoulder versions of the previous games. It would add some extra challenge because of the limited view. Of course you would have to keep the aiming as is or else it would be way too easy.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyTue May 01, 2012 1:05 pm

I find the clasic angle adds to horror
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyTue May 01, 2012 2:15 pm

chocotricks wrote:
I find the clasic angle adds to horror
It sure does.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyTue May 01, 2012 2:16 pm

Although it would be scarier to be chased by Nemesis if you can't see him at all while he's behind you.
Back to top Go down
The CG
Zombie
Zombie
The CG

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyTue May 01, 2012 2:21 pm

My life would be complete if they remade RE2 with the shoulder cam. Actually, that's what they need to do after RE6. Don't worry about RE just remake the first 3 games and CV.

I can play the games with the old fixed camera but I'd love to see how the old games play with the new style.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyTue May 01, 2012 2:50 pm

they really should remake resident evil 2

but release it for pc too,not just for an exclusive console
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyTue May 01, 2012 4:16 pm

chrisredfielmusculo wrote:
they really should remake resident evil 2

but release it for pc too,not just for an exclusive console
It probably would be a Wii U exclusive or something. Or maybe a downloadable title.
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:46 pm

The CG wrote:
My life would be complete if they remade RE2 with the shoulder cam. Actually, that's what they need to do after RE6. Don't worry about RE just remake the first 3 games and CV.

I can play the games with the old fixed camera but I'd love to see how the old games play with the new style.

I agree with RE2 remake (that would be the happiest day of my life), but minus the OTS camera. I would rather have the camera like in REmake.
Back to top Go down
SepticTank
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyTue May 01, 2012 10:20 pm

the biggest issue using the new camera with the old games would be the difficulty factor. Zombies were slow, and about the only thing that made the zombies an enemy instead of scenery was the camera setup and controls. Now, if they made the zombies anything like the revived zombies or remake, then it would work. I truly don't want another left 4 dead game tho. So the final option is flooding the game with zombies, similar to the resident evil 2 starting area, but even more.

That being said, i would be overjoyed if they make a remake of 0, 2, 3, and CV in the same fashion they made the original remake. To this day i believe the remake had some of the best graphics in the history of games. update the others with graphics like originals remake, add a few new features (like the zombie revival, lisa trevor, etc.) into the games and sell them on xbox live and playstation network.

Still, if using re5's combat system can be implemented in a remake of the old games while keeping some since of difficulty, then it's a preference of mine. I did play re1 first, and so i can easily appreciate the controls as an old fan, but i still like the combat in 4 and 5 better.

GIVE ME SOME OUTBREAK PORTS TO XBOX. Still wanna play those games online.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:28 pm

Blazzx wrote:
Bite your tongue! These words are nothing short of a personal insult to me! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 12:06 am

No. Play it the way it was intended.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 1:08 am

I think we have all thought about it. I wouldn't mind going through at least one of the earlier titiles in OTS. Have it play exactly like it used to, the only difference beeing OTS view, that'd be interesting.

No laser sight though. That should make it a little less easy.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 1:56 am

Actually I think about how the newer games would look in the earlier games' camera mode
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

Location : Standing over Nemesis' dead body with a cocked magnum in the left hand

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:51 am

I think the thing gamers don't seem to realise is that the RE format in earlier games is so loved by hardcore fans because of the tension that would build by not not knowing what would happen next. Those 'annoying' camera angles were a big part of building that element.

If anything we need a ReMake of 4 & 5 in the old gameplay format.

Edit: sorry Paul I didn't read your post before I put this one in or I would've quoted you!
Back to top Go down
SepticTank
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 3:57 am

TeRoR KiD wrote:
I think the thing gamers don't seem to realise is that the RE format in earlier games is so loved by hardcore fans because of the tension that would build by not not knowing what would happen next. Those 'annoying' camera angles were a big part of building that element.

If anything we need a ReMake of 4 & 5 in the old gameplay format.

Edit: sorry Paul I didn't read your post before I put this one in or I would've quoted you!

I whole-heartily agree with you and paul. The issue here though is the same with the reverse theory. Majinis and ganados are too agressive for it, not to mention when axes are thrown at you. It wouldn't be bad if they were an uncommon foe (like the hunters), but they are your "zombie" of the titles. Make it normal zombies, and i would be thrilled.

Aside from outbreak their hasn't been a multiplayer resident evil in the old style format. I still wish their would be tho. Stick together to make the game easier or seperate to find those key items quicker, exploring or whatnot. I really want a copy of re1 made for 2 players.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 4:16 am

SepticTank wrote:
I really want a copy of re1 made for 2 players.
Won't happen. RE1 was never designed for two players.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shoulder cam for early RE games?   Shoulder cam for early RE games? Empty

Back to top Go down

Shoulder cam for early RE games?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next