HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)?

Go down 
+5
toddx77
The Knife
ThomVD
Spike991
Bub537
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? Empty
PostSubject: Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)?   Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 4:35 pm

I was playing CVX HD last night and I couldn't help but notice how dark it was. Like everywhere you go it's just really hard to see. I remember that back when played it on PS2 it was really dark then but for a remastered port you'd expect them to turn up the brightness a bit. Has anyone else noticed this? Oh one more thing.. why is Capcom so dead set on changing the old games controls? At least with RE4 you could change the button configuration but with CVX your stuck with only one control scheme.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)?   Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:05 pm

A little bit. When you first get to the Antarctic base, it's unbelievably dark, until you get the power running. I almost stopped playing my first run through because it was just too dark.

What about the controls? I don't understand.

I like consistency in them though. Such as how they all play almost exactly the same, the buttons and all on the GC. RE4 included.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)?   Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:53 pm

I'm talking about Capcom's obsession with using the square button as the fire button instead of the fire button. Ever since RE1 came out on PS1 the shooting controls were R1 plus X to fire and you they just randomly decided to change it to square. I can get used to it after awhile it's just there was no reason to change the controls when they were fine in the first place plus not giving an option to use the old controls doesn't help.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)?   Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 6:02 pm

Bub537 wrote:
I'm talking about Capcom's obsession with using the square button as the fire button instead of the fire button. Ever since RE1 came out on PS1 the shooting controls were R1 plus X to fire and you they just randomly decided to change it to square. I can get used to it after awhile it's just there was no reason to change the controls when they were fine in the first place plus not giving an option to use the old controls doesn't help.

Then yes, I do agree with that. Yet another reason I love the GC. It was always hold R to aim and A to shoot, consistent.

I guess I also try to avoid playing RE on the playstation as much as possible. Little things like you mentioned, simply using a different face button for shooting, can really eff someone up, if you know what I mean.

I had such a hard time playing RE4 on Ps2 for this reason. I remember it being kind of annoying like that playing CV on Dreamcast too.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)?   Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 7:20 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Bub537 wrote:

Then yes, I do agree with that. Yet another reason I love the GC. It was always hold R to aim and A to shoot, consistent.

I guess I also try to avoid playing RE on the playstation as much as possible. Little things like you mentioned, simply using a different face button for shooting, can really eff someone up, if you know what I mean.

I had such a hard time playing RE4 on Ps2 for this reason. I remember it being kind of annoying like that playing CV on Dreamcast too.

It's just I play most if not all RE games on a Sony console whether it's PS1, PS2, or PS3 and they all had the same control scheme. Did RE4 use a face button to fire? It might've but I'm not sure. I know in RE5 you had to hold L1 and then use R1 to fire so I use that setup for RE4 HD.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)?   Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 8:27 pm

Bub537 wrote:
It's just I play most if not all RE games on a Sony console whether it's PS1, PS2, or PS3 and they all had the same control scheme. Did RE4 use a face button to fire? It might've but I'm not sure. I know in RE5 you had to hold L1 and then use R1 to fire so I use that setup for RE4 HD.

Oh wow, so they actually added the FPS, TPS type control scheme for RE4?

On the Ps2 version of RE4, I don't recall exactly which button you used, but it was definately hold R1 and press one of the face buttons.

RE5 being the first to utilize the stupid hold L and shoot with R, non-RE control scheme, as default no less.

I hated that. I changed it immediately. I think a lot of people actually just got used to it.

A few people I used to play Mercs with a lot had started with the default, and after going back and playing some of the other RE games, namely RE4, they started using the RE control scheme, which is and I hope always will be holding R to aim and shooting with a face button.

But yeah, if you never changed the control scheme in RE5, and were using the default....well, just know you can change it to the actual RE controls. I believe it's D and default is A. Or maybe it's the other way around.

Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)?   Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 2:54 am

I have almost all RE games on gamecube. I like the controller the most for RE games. But yeah, CV is dark, so use your lighter.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)?   Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:18 am

ThomVD wrote:
I have almost all RE games on gamecube. I like the controller the most for RE games. But yeah, CV is dark, so use your lighter.

I completely forgot you could equip it and use it. Thanks for the tip. Even back when I played it on PS2 I only used it in the beginning when Rodrigo first gives it to you.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)?   Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:14 pm

Oh christ yes, it's dark, alright. I gave Rodrigo the Hemostatic medicine which, as you know, causes you to turn over your lighter in return for Mastery of Unlocking. I shudder to think of how many herbs I missed becuase they blended into the shadows.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)?   Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 8:55 am

The Knife wrote:
Oh christ yes, it's dark, alright. I gave Rodrigo the Hemostatic medicine which, as you know, causes you to turn over your lighter in return for Mastery of Unlocking. I shudder to think of how many herbs I missed becuase they blended into the shadows.

So there is no way to defend yourself from the bats after you give up the lighter right? I know you eventually get it back when you play as Chris.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)?   Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 11:39 am

You don't encounter any crows as Chris if I remember well.
Back to top Go down
toddx77
Zombie
Zombie
toddx77

Playstation Network supermanx77

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)?   Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 8:57 pm

The Knife wrote:

What happens if you don't give him the medicine? I have always given him the medicine in the past, but now I want to keep the lighter to better protect from the bats. Am I going to have any trouble not having the lock pick?
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)?   Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:18 am

Believe me, you won't need you're ligher that much. I would get the lockpick.
Back to top Go down
toddx77
Zombie
Zombie
toddx77

Playstation Network supermanx77

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)?   Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:56 am

But it has come in handy so far keeping the bats away lol. Also I remember this one room in the artic base being pitch dark and I couldn't see a thing. I had to get to the control panel to be able to turn the lights on and I got through the room by using the light of my gun shots which caused me to waste a bunch of ammo. I figure if I have the lighter at that part this time I could atleast try and attempt to avoid the zombies.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)?   Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 4:23 am

Bub537 wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

I completely forgot you could equip it and use it. Thanks for the tip. Even back when I played it on PS2 I only used it in the beginning when Rodrigo first gives it to you.

Not even gonna lie, I never considered that either.

Wait, doesn't she give it back to him?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)?   Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 4:28 am

Spike991 wrote:
Bub537 wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

If you give him the hemostat, then yes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)?   Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 6:51 am

Mass, did you download CVX HD?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)?   Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 8:15 am

ThomVD wrote:
Mass, did you download CVX HD?
Nah, I'm still waiting if there's gonna be a retail version. I was 50 cents short of it on PSN anywho Razz Still waiting to get a new code thingy in mail.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)?   Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 8:54 am

You should play it. It is really one of the best RE games.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)?   Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 11:02 am

ThomVD wrote:
You should play it. It is really one of the best RE games.
I will. I just don't want to buy it twice.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)?   Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:48 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Bub537 wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

You don't have to give it to him? And what happens if you don't?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)?   Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:58 pm

Bub537 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

I have no idea. All I know is that then you won't get the lockpick.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)?   Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 3:02 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Bub537 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

I have no idea. All I know is that then you won't get the lockpick.

So I guess me not thinking to use the lighter much later in the game wasn't so much a lack of creativity on my part, but rather I didn't have it. I've always given him his meds.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)?   Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:47 pm

Bub537 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Bub537 wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

You don't get the Lighter as Chris, which leads to not getting a pair of SMG's. You don't get the Lockpick, which also leads to not being able to get Handgun Parts for Claire, and Magnum rounds.
Back to top Go down
htedagem12
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
htedagem12

Playstation Network ultraviolence95

PostSubject: Eh   Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 6:42 pm

I suppose it is really dark, but having a knife that actually DOES something makes up for it lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)?   Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it just me or is CVX a dark game (lighting)?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next