HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The Fate of Some Characters - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The Fate of Some Characters - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The Fate of Some Characters - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The Fate of Some Characters - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The Fate of Some Characters - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The Fate of Some Characters - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The Fate of Some Characters - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The Fate of Some Characters - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The Fate of Some Characters - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The Fate of Some Characters

Go down 
+3
Patronum1121
NiteKrawler
The Knife
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Patronum1121
Zombie
Zombie
Patronum1121

The Fate of Some Characters - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Some Characters   The Fate of Some Characters - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 8:07 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

He has? I didn't even hear him speak. I'll have to watch that again. But yeah, there's usually nothing subtle in the accents the characters have.

He doesn't speak in the trailer. The article about the leaked information mentions their original source, some guy by the name of akiraodasan. I had the good fortune to read the original post he wrote before he deleted it. He mentioned it's subtle, while the Portuguese article loses that part in translation.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Some Characters   The Fate of Some Characters - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 6:13 am

Patronum1121 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

He has? I didn't even hear him speak. I'll have to watch that again. But yeah, there's usually nothing subtle in the accents the characters have.

He doesn't speak in the trailer. The article about the leaked information mentions their original source, some guy by the name of akiraodasan. I had the good fortune to read the original post he wrote before he deleted it. He mentioned it's subtle, while the Portuguese article loses that part in translation.
The translation just screwes me up. Google translator is a no go.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Some Characters   The Fate of Some Characters - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 1:05 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Patronum1121 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Then learn Portuguese and translate it for us. Razz
Back to top Go down
Patronum1121
Zombie
Zombie
Patronum1121

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Some Characters   The Fate of Some Characters - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 11:56 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Patronum1121 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I use the build-in translator with Google Chrome. But some cultural stuff can be lost. I took individual kanji characters from the Revelations site through Bing's translator. Google Chrome says something about "fireball." Turns out, the kanji for "quantity of heat" is used in slang to mean someone who's hot-blooded. Apparently, Parker's hot blooded (Or something?). But, uh, I don't know if the Portuguese article mentions it being subtle in the original language. It may be due to the literal-ness of online translators that it got lost. (*I don't know Portuguese*)

Back to topic... So, is anyone else here hoping that Jessica and Parker will also not be thrown away after Revelations?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Some Characters   The Fate of Some Characters - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 5:56 am

Patronum1121 wrote:
Back to topic... So, is anyone else here hoping that Jessica and Parker will also not be thrown away after Revelations?
What? No Very Happy they could be cool characters. I'm actually waiting for the day when they introduce Holiday Sugarman and Mina Ghere in the games Very Happy

They're BSAA members from the latest official RE comic side story. Just in case someone missed that.
Back to top Go down
Patronum1121
Zombie
Zombie
Patronum1121

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Some Characters   The Fate of Some Characters - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 3:30 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Patronum1121 wrote:
What? No Very Happy they could be cool characters. I'm actually waiting for the day when they introduce Holiday Sugarman and Mina Ghere in the games Very Happy

They're BSAA members from the latest official RE comic side story. Just in case someone missed that.

Where can you find it?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Some Characters   The Fate of Some Characters - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 5:39 am

Patronum1121 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Patronum1121 wrote:

Where can you find it?
The comic? In book or comic stores, I guess. I ordered the whole series online.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Some Characters   The Fate of Some Characters - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 4:13 pm

Holiday Sugarman? What's his super power? Razz Anyway, it depends on the characters themselves if I will want to throw them away or not.
Back to top Go down
Patronum1121
Zombie
Zombie
Patronum1121

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Some Characters   The Fate of Some Characters - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 7:55 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

Patronum1121 wrote:
According to one source, the redhead has a subtle Russian accent, Mass... In a series where everyone with accents has pretty thick ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPYYw_J7ocQ&feature=BFp&list=FLj9ZqHioNeTE&index=1 Just found this. Very Happy Someone got the audio of the full E3 2011 demo, but it's a bit quiet and there's some background noise. Skip ahead to about 7:50. No readily apparent accent. Also, I know I've heard that voice somewhere before.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Some Characters   The Fate of Some Characters - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 5:15 am

Patronum1121 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Patronum1121 wrote:
According to one source, the redhead has a subtle Russian accent, Mass... In a series where everyone with accents has pretty thick ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPYYw_J7ocQ&feature=BFp&list=FLj9ZqHioNeTE&index=1 Just found this. Very Happy Someone got the audio of the full E3 2011 demo, but it's a bit quiet and there's some background noise. Skip ahead to about 7:50. No readily apparent accent. Also, I know I've heard that voice somewhere before.
Watched the whole thing, just because. Is it weird that I like the supply scanner? Also seems like they have gone all Silent Hill with the monsters. It also felt a little like the Hooked Man version of RE4.

Uh... who the hell IS that guy in the end? Doesn't look anything familiar. Didn't sound Russian, though.
Back to top Go down
Patronum1121
Zombie
Zombie
Patronum1121

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Some Characters   The Fate of Some Characters - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 9:21 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Patronum1121 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Patronum1121 wrote:

Watched the whole thing, just because. Is it weird that I like the supply scanner? Also seems like they have gone all Silent Hill with the monsters. It also felt a little like the Hooked Man version of RE4.

Uh... who the hell IS that guy in the end? Doesn't look anything familiar. Didn't sound Russian, though.

...Nah. Not really weird. I don't really have an opinion of the scanner, though. Yeah, people say stuff about Silent Hill a lot in reference to the monsters. (Dunno, need to play SH before I die.)

New character? Spike has the idea that Alex Wesker is a shapeshifter, so maybe it's him/her? My pet theory that it's Steve Burnside after years of experimentation? We don't know. But I know I've heard that voice before somewhere. I just can't place it. I guess who he is will be something we have to wait for an answer to when it comes out.

Also, he's wearing the same uniform that the guy who dies in the Mercs Demo/Second Trailer is wearing. (Blue vest, brown pants, white undershirt.) Different tie, though (dead guy has brown and grey, redhead has blue and yellow; maybe it's just the lighting?) and dead guy's unarmed while redhead has a gun and holster. That one leaked thing mentions that redhead knocks Jill and Parker out with tranquilizer darts. So then why'd he try to kidnap Jill when she was fully conscious and with Parker again, rather than when both of them were passed out? Why didn't he take their guns away if he wants them dead?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Some Characters   The Fate of Some Characters - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 10:14 am

Patronum1121 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Patronum1121 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Patronum1121 wrote:

...Nah. Not really weird. I don't really have an opinion of the scanner, though. Yeah, people say stuff about Silent Hill a lot in reference to the monsters. (Dunno, need to play SH before I die.)

New character? Spike has the idea that Alex Wesker is a shapeshifter, so maybe it's him/her? My pet theory that it's Steve Burnside after years of experimentation? We don't know. But I know I've heard that voice before somewhere. I just can't place it. I guess who he is will be something we have to wait for an answer to when it comes out.

Also, he's wearing the same uniform that the guy who dies in the Mercs Demo/Second Trailer is wearing. (Blue vest, brown pants, white undershirt.) Different tie, though (dead guy has brown and grey, redhead has blue and yellow; maybe it's just the lighting?) and dead guy's unarmed while redhead has a gun and holster. That one leaked thing mentions that redhead knocks Jill and Parker out with tranquilizer darts. So then why'd he try to kidnap Jill when she was fully conscious and with Parker again, rather than when both of them were passed out? Why didn't he take their guns away if he wants them dead?
You haven't? You totally should. Like, right now. Go get 'em.

I also thought the voice was somewhat familiar... Could be because of the voice actor? His motives also seem a bit shady when you look at that stuff in the leaked info.

Oh, by the way, could you link to the demo/trailer? I can't seem to find the thing you're referring to.
Back to top Go down
Patronum1121
Zombie
Zombie
Patronum1121

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Some Characters   The Fate of Some Characters - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 10:57 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

You haven't? You totally should. Like, right now. Go get 'em.

I also thought the voice was somewhat familiar... Could be because of the voice actor? His motives also seem a bit shady when you look at that stuff in the leaked info.

Oh, by the way, could you link to the demo/trailer? I can't seem to find the thing you're referring to.

Okay. I think I'll be able to either tomorrow or this Thursday. Maybe Clock Tower, too, if I can find it. :3

I've been checking voice actors, but I haven't found an exact match. Sounds like Eric Smith as Seto Kaiba meets Kirk Thornton as Shadow (the problem is that people say he's voicing Parker Luciani) meets Jerry Jewell as Shinichi Kudo with a bit of Sam Riegel as Starscream thrown in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fudF71Su9gw "Pilot Version" Demo.

Here's a picture I took of the dead guy.

The Fate of Some Characters - Page 2 Snapsh11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5QTLtLr844&feature=feedf Second trailer. (The part with the guy who's strangled and smashed into the wall is from the demo.)

Meanwhile, here's a picture of the redhead for comparison:

The Fate of Some Characters - Page 2 Tired10

So, any idea about why they're coworkers or something?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Some Characters   The Fate of Some Characters - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 4:12 am

Silent Hill is one of my all time favorite series, be sure to post in the Silent Hill thread when you get them and give us your impressions Very Happy Haven't played Clocktower though :/ It seems to be quite rare around here.

Oooooh, you meant THAT guy Very Happy Completely forgot about him but I had not seen a close up picture of him yet so thanks for that.

The suit really seems similar... That coworker thing is likely, maybe they both were working on the cruise ship. Well, the redhead at least pretended to be working there.

NiteKrawler wrote:
Holiday Sugarman? What's his super power? Razz
He has the power over holidays and sugary goods (yet with a tasty, satisfying crunch).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Some Characters   The Fate of Some Characters - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Fate of Some Characters
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2